IK Enemkpali added to Buffalo Bills' 53-man roster

BurnleyJet

IK Enemkpali added to Buffalo Bills' 53-man roster

It's been a whirlwind week for outside linebacker IK Enemkpali, and it ended with a promotion to the Buffalo Bills' primary roster.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday that Enemkpali was signed to the 53-man roster to keep another team from stealing him off their practice squad while suspended, according to a source informed of the Bills' plans. If he was on the practice squad, someone could sign him away, and because he's suspended, he wouldn't count against that team's roster count.

Enemkpali was officially suspended four games by the NFL on Friday for violating the league's personal conduct policy, a source informed of the situation told Rapoport. The suspension stemmed from Enemkpali breaking former Jets teammate Geno Smith's jaw when he punched the quarterback during a locker room incident last month. Rapoport noted that Enemkpali could have been suspended for six games and decided not to appeal once it was reduced to four.

"Upon learning of the NFL's originally proposed suspension, we contacted them and requested a conference. As a result of the conference, the suspension was reduced to four games which will commence immediately," Enemkpali's representative, Jeff Guerriero, said in a statement.

"We have discussed all of IK's options with him and he has decided not to appeal the four-game suspension. IK wants to put this matter behind him as quickly as possible and focus on playing football. He is very appreciative of the confidence that the Bills and Coach Ryan have shown him and does not want this matter to be a further distraction for him or his teammates. He just signed to the Bills' 53-man roster and can't wait to become a productive member of the team."

Enemkpali was among Buffalo's final roster cuts a week ago but was signed to the Bills' practice squad just a few days later. He joined the Bills after he was cut by the Jets.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000528117/article/ik-enemkpali-added-to-bills-53man-roster

Shows how DUMB Rex is why activate him to the 53 man roster when he's suspended for the first 4 games. 

Well there is logic there if you value the player.

"If he was on the practice squad, someone could sign him away, and because he's suspended, he wouldn't count against that team's roster count."

Well there is logic there if you value the player.

"If he was on the practice squad, someone could sign him away, and because he's suspended, he wouldn't count against that team's roster count."

true.  but they will have to waive somebody in 4 weeks

I am just not as savvy as some posters out here.  

I don't understand the move.  Couldn't a team have already snapped IK up when he was released?  Who showed interest in him?  

He was ok but let's not act he was being groomed to be LT.   

The Bills IMO have other needs that they could be addressing on the 53 man squad.  

true.  but they will have to waive somebody in 4 weeks

Or more likely is that someone gets hurt and he is already on the roster.

Who knows?  The truth is Rex is just being paranoid. Who would want this loose cannon who doesn't value the team by punching the starting QB on their roster other than Rex?

It does show that Rex is afraid to lose the guy. That much is clear.

I am just not as savvy as some posters out here.  

I don't understand the move.  Couldn't a team have already snapped IK up when he was released?  Who showed interest in him?  

He was ok but let's not act he was being groomed to be LT.   

The Bills IMO have other needs that they could be addressing on the 53 man squad.  

nobody wants a mediocre player who was just released for breaking a teammates jaw over a couple hundred dollars. rex is an idiot.......

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday that Enemkpali was signed to the 53-man roster to keep another team from stealing him off their practice squad while suspended, according to a source informed of the Bills' plans. If he was on the practice squad, someone could sign him away, and because he's suspended, he wouldn't count against that team's roster count.

I understand that we need to call Rex an idiot in every thread, but this was a no cost move for them. Doesn't cost a roster spot, and doesn't cost any salary. Even if there's only a 1% chance that someone might want to claim IK while he serves his suspension. Their concern -as minor as it may be- is that another team might swipe him while he wouldn't cost that team a roster spot or salary. Now they've protected themselves from that possibility. Completely free. 

They may very well cut him again as soon as his suspension's done, and try to put him back on their practice squad. If someone wants him them, it's going to cost them more. 

It may very well be an unnecessary move, but it wasn't stupid. 

I understand that we need to call Rex an idiot in every thread, but this was a no cost move for them. Doesn't cost a roster spot, and doesn't cost any salary. Even if there's only a 1% chance that someone might want to claim IK while he serves his suspension. Their concern -as minor as it may be- is that another team might swipe him while he wouldn't cost that team a roster spot or salary. Now they've protected themselves from that possibility. Completely free. 

They may very well cut him again as soon as his suspension's done, and try to put him back on their practice squad. If someone wants him them, it's going to cost them more. 

It may very well be an unnecessary move, but it wasn't stupid. 

Don't see how the move is stupid if you have only a 1% interest in him

This is a "why not do it" move.  

I seriously doubt Rex has concerns about him being snatched up...but, because he's suspended, and doesn't mean he'll actually count against the 53 man roster number, than why not?  There's no down side.

If he wasn't suspended he would likely still be on the practice squad.

IK, honorary Jet for life.

SAR I

I remember all the IK should have played more last year and the threads about how well he was going to do this year as a pass rusher.. Of course those hypocrite fans will deny they ever liked him.. One thing is fact though IK sacked the first QB of the season when he smacked the welsher..  :)

I remember all the IK should have played more last year and the threads about how well he was going to do this year as a pass rusher.. Of course those hypocrite fans will deny they ever liked him.. One thing is fact though IK sacked the first QB of the season when he smacked the welsher..  :)

IK saved our season.

When Ryan Fitzpatrick is named AFC Offensive Player of The Week on Tuesday we'll bow to the Gods of fortune and thank IK Eminiikplalli.

SAR I

Archived