Fitz recovery bigger than Marshall strip?

AFJF

Both big plays but lots of criticism of Fitz for throwing the pick that Marshall ripped out deep in Jets territory, but what about Fitz bailing Mangold out on wild snap that would have given Cleveland the ball on the Jets' 2 yard line?

Basically Fitz vs. several Cleveland defenders and he came out with it.

Both big plays but lots of criticism of Fitz for throwing the pick that Marshall ripped out deep in Jets territory, but what about Fitz bailing Mangold out on wild snap that would have given Cleveland the ball on the Jets' 2 yard line?

not down playing marshals strip on the interception as that was just sick, it absolutely boggles my mind how fitz came up with that bad snap. it was just about impossible.

I find it amazing how after so many years of inadequacy at the QB position, a normal QB feels like having a Montana on board. I am exaggerating but you get what I mean.

It was a legitimate miracle that he came up with that ball.  May have saved the game.

Yep...If Cleveland picks that up they're on the two...if Marshall doesn't strip the INT, Cleveland still has a long way to go to get in the EZ.

As I watched the play I was walking into the kitchen to finish cooking my daughter lunch.....I didn't see the replay so when my friend yelled to me Fitz recovered I thought he was just screwing with me cause he's s Pats fan lol I didn't believe it til I saw he did somehow recover the ball....huge play.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

What was crazy about Fitz's recovery of the football was he was upside down practically doing a head stand when he grabbed the ball, and managed to hold on to it when the dust settled. 

it was as if the larger defenders, while trying to corral the ball, ended up corralling fitz and the ball into a recovery

Yep...If Cleveland picks that up they're on the two...if Marshall doesn't strip the INT, Cleveland still has a long way to go to get in the EZ.

two plays that were caused by good plays from the Jets.  Why are we supposed to look at them as anything other than what they were.   We made plays yesterday.

two plays that were caused by good plays from the Jets.  Why are we supposed to look at them as anything other than what they were.   We made plays yesterday.

So why are we here discussing anything?  Just start a thread saying "we made plays" and everyone can log on and agree and go on their merry way.

Agreed. Anytime you don't turnover the ball within five of your end zone it's a bigger play. But that's about outcome, not about the player's action. I give the bigger nod to Marshall for doing what receivers rarely do... go for the ball even after it's been picked. That was very unusual and aggressive. Almost always, receivers just tag the guy down and wash their hands of the play. Fitz actually got lucky with the ball location when he pulled it in. Great play, in any case, just not outside the box like Marshall's steal.

not down playing marshals strip on the interception as that was just sick, it absolutely boggles my mind how fitz came up with that bad snap. it was just about impossible.

As I watched the play I was walking into the kitchen to finish cooking my daughter lunch.....I didn't see the replay so when my friend yelled to me Fitz recovered I thought he was just screwing with me cause he's s Pats fan lol I didn't believe it til I saw he did somehow recover the ball....huge play.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Initially I  wasn't that surprised he ended up with it.  Watching the replay I become more and more amazed.

So why are we here discussing anything?  Just start a thread saying "we made plays" and everyone can log on and agree and go on their merry way.

we're discussing the plays for what they are.  Not the negative angle of what they could have been if the plays weren't made.  

we're discussing the plays for what they are.  Not the negative angle of what they could have been if the plays weren't made.  

In other words, we're ignoring the ramifications of what would have happened if they play hadn't been made which would contribute to which play was more important.  Some of us like the details, some of us don't.

For all the criticism of Fitz for his pick, I find it funny that nobody felt the need to mention the play he made which was just as big as the one Marshall made, if not bigger.

In other words, we're ignoring the ramifications of what would have happened if they play hadn't been made which would contribute to which play was more important.  Some of us like the details, some of us don't.

For all the criticism of Fitz for his pick, I find it funny that nobody felt the need to mention the play he made which was just as big as the one Marshall made, if not bigger.

both were amazing plays. but if one would look at the outcome of the plays if they were not made, I definitely see your point. who knows if the browns would have scored on the interception. they were just about guaranteed at least 3 points on the bad snap

no I'm ignoring the idea that we were lucky, as if teams don't make plays and the idea that if they scored there we were in deep trouble. 

both were amazing plays. but if one would look at the outcome of the plays if they were not made, I definitely see your point. who knows if the browns would have scored on the interception. they were just about guaranteed at least 3 points on the bad snap

Both great plays, but given field position I was surprised nobody was showing Fitz any love for coming out with the ball.  Either way...felt nice to walk out of MetLife after a win.

Archived