Time For Decker To Eat

KRL

Mike Wells ‏@MikeWellsNFL  2 hours ago

Colts coach Chuck Pagano said CB Darius Butler and CB Greg Toler are out
Monday against the Jets

That's IND #2 and #3 CB, how in the world is a #4 CB going to check Decker???

Monday against the Jets

I can see Vontae 1 on 1 VS Decker, and them bracket Marshall high and low.  I'm actually hoping this is the case because then Ivory will get to EAT!

I can see Vontae 1 on 1 VS Decker, and them bracket Marshall high and low.  I'm actually hoping this is the case because then Ivory will get to EAT!

Ivory will be the 1st thing Colts try to take away. Indy will want to outscore the Jets... not let the Jets go on 15 play 8 minute drives. 8 in the box, Davis on Marshall "mano-a-mano" and Decker/ Smith/Owuso finding the cracks in a zone base "D" Unfortunately, Fitz will probably have to win this one for us, or  do enough early so that they have can't stack the box.

Exactly. Now let's see if our new staff knows how to take advantage of a situation like this unlike in years past when we always seem to be the one's who watch the guy who's never seen the field before become the hero.

I immediately had the feeling that a bunch of scrubs we're going to have the games of their lives. Hopefully we're a different team than those years.

Ivory will be the 1st thing Colts try to take away. Indy will want to outscore the Jets... not let the Jets go on 15 play 8 minute drives. 8 in the box, Davis on Marshall "mano-a-mano" and Decker/ Smith/Owuso finding the cracks in a zone base "D" Unfortunately, Fitz will probably have to win this one for us, or  do enough early so that they have can't stack the box.

I don't see Indy being capable of taking Ivory away even if they put 9 in the box, they are built to rush the passer not stop the run.

Ivory pulled a groin and is questionable for the game.

the colts injuries would be a bigger advantage if they happened early in the game, but with some time to prepare for the jets they will probably just play a lot of tampa 2 type stuff, the jets really can't threaten the seams too much

with that said, this would be a nice game to get devin smith going !

Monday against the Jets

We saw last year how devastating that can be. You go down that many guys and its obviously a problem. Really hope the Jets pull off the upset and start 2 and 0.

Ivory is questionable with a groin and TY is playing. Seems like yall didn't hear. 

Hilton is a game time decision. Even if he plays he won't be 100% and Ivory has had the groin since the beginning of this week. Bowles was very confident he will play fully Monday night.

@CLoprestiWFAN: Ivory was limited again. Three straight days. That's why he's Questionable. Bowles was not at all concerned yesterday. He'll play. #NYJ

yeah, we've got a history of being overconfident and losing because of it, lol. 

Well we do seem to have a history of under performing on a national stage just as the possibility of a Jets bandwagon may be gaining traction.

The prospect of 2-0 coming off a road Monday night win against a team who were a preseason pick by many to represent the AFC does seem to fit that pattern.  Anyhow, past records are no guarantee of future results and this is a new Jets team.

I think we get to 2-0 this time.  Not because we went from near-worst to NFL elite in one off season but rather because we are improved and the Colts were massively overrated to begin with.

<edited to add>

Plus... If history is a guide, the bandwagon usually gets rolling a little more before the letdown comes. We win this one as a big underdog and then have difficulty later on against teams that we "should beat" .  That is a more accurate reading of the historical pattern IMO.

Well we do seem to have a history of under performing on a national stage just as the possibility of a Jets bandwagon may be gaining traction.

The prospect of 2-0 coming off a road Monday night win against a team who were a preseason pick by many to represent the AFC does seem to fit that pattern.  Anyhow, past records are no guarantee of future results and this is a new Jets team.

I think we get to 2-0 this time.  Not because we went from near-worst to NFL elite in one off season but rather because we are improved and the Colts were massively overrated to begin with.

<edited to add>

Plus... If history is a guide, the bandwagon usually gets rolling a little more before the letdown comes. We win this one as a big underdog and then have difficulty later on against teams that we "should beat" .  That is a more accurate reading of the historical pattern IMO.

I would bet no more than any other organization with similar records to ours.  

Never mind what we did in 1985 has noting to do with what we do in 2015.  Add in we're the underdogs, we should be.  If we lose its not a fail on the public stage, its a loss.  

Thats my only point I guess

Archived