PFFs #1 rated 3-4 DE through week 2: Wilkerson over Watt

Jetman55

The stat sheet won't show it, but last night was one of the best games Wilk has played in a Jet uniform. He was in Luck's face and beating double teams every single play it seemed like. I remember one play specifically where he abused the lineman so bad that the guy was completely turned around towards Luck and had to attempt to block Will with his back. About as dominant and impactful as you can be without picking up a sack.

The stat sheet won't show it, but last night was one of the best games Wilk has played in a Jet uniform. He was in Luck's face and beating double teams every single play it seemed like. I remember one play specifically where he abused the lineman so bad that the guy was completely turned around towards Luck and had to attempt to block Will with his back. About as dominant and impactful as you can be without picking up a sack.

That had to use a Guard playing LT is that the play your talking about?? Yes Mo is a very good player but he'd not Watt he just wants around the same money..

That had to use a Guard playing LT is that the play your talking about?? Yes Mo is a very good player but he'd not Watt he just wants around the same money..

It was an interior rush so it wouldn't have been the LT. Can't remember exactly which lineman it was though.

But to your other point, there's only one JJ Watt. He's a once in a generation type of player. Is Mo worth that much? Obviously not, but if he keeps playing like he has so far in the first two games this season he's going to make a ton of dough.

Oh and can someone please provide a link where Mo says he wants to be paid JJ Watt money? I see this thrown around a ton but I've never actually seen a source.

Six hurries according to PFF and was in Luck's face on two of his INT's.

Agreed there. I would've liked seeing them bring down Luck a few times though. He wasn't sacked at all even with that massive pressure he was under. 

Archived