Maccagnans To do list

JETSfaninNE

1. Find Franchise QB

2. Secure future OL

3. Find 1 if not 2 future HOF OLB

4. Find 60yd Punter

5. Upgrade ILB speed and coverage

Man this list has gotten a lot shorter.  I have faith all 5 of those things will be checked off during Macc and Bowles tenure.

Prolly he'll get it all done this offseason

1. Find Franchise QB

2. Secure future OL

4. Find 60yd Punter

Man this list has gotten a lot shorter.  I have faith all 5 of those things will be checked off during Macc and Bowles tenure.

I would agree, but the NFL has a cap and there is no way a team can roster 1-5 to go along with the guys we already have on the roster. 

1. Find Franchise QB

2. Secure future OL

4. Find 60yd Punter

This is every NFL teams wish list.  NE is probably already looking for a future franchise QB.

QB is always top priority if you don't have one.  I just hope we have not decided that Petty is already 'the future' we should draft a Qb next year as well.

We really need another RB.  Ivory is great but we could use a speed change of pace kind of guy.

The injury to Amaro has really hurt us.  He was not perfect but he showed promise in year one and we have not recovered at all in that position.  Enumwa is young and not that great.  Cumberland stinks.

Pass rushing OLB.  We STILL after all these years need one.  With the quality of our interior lineman a true pass rushing terror fro the outside is a need.  Also with all our talk about oiline holding often it is called more on those one on one outside rushes.

Find 11 new guys for the punt coverage team. 

I think punt coverage and punter go hand in hand. The punting has not been good and what's worse is that the punting has been so bad that the coverage can't get there. Better punts should equal better coverage. 

For example I saw three Jets down to make a tackle on the punt returner only to see the guy run through them to CATCH the ball. The punt was so short, the coverage guys overran it. 

The most immediate need is punter.  Consistently poor field position was a HUGE factor in yesterday's loss.

Then, with Pryor's injury and Jarrett/Allen gone for the year, safety all of a sudden becomes an area of concern.

Tight end also remains a puzzling area.  I can't stand Jeff Cumberland.  This team needs a real TE.

1. Find Franchise QB

2. Secure future OL

4. Find 60yd Punter

with all these FHOF OLBs being drafted, I don't doubt for a second McCag can get a few himself. And franchise QB? Pff. Piece of cheescake. Oh n Decker can punt 70 yards. 

Archived