Football Night America Did you hear it

joewilly12

Kaep's contract is not conducive to trades. He's not going to renegotiate it in order to be traded. He'll wait to get cut and end up somewhere that isn't NY. 

the 49ers absolutely are cutting Kaepernick they structured his deal so they only take $7 mil hit before April 1 which is nothing compared to $126 mil

However, you act like Kaepernick has a choice. Nobody wants him as a starter unless it's a team like the jets or texans

This. I rather Fitz for another year.

I would rather do away with both. Atleast Kaep can say he's been to the SB. 

My problem isnt that I think Kaep sucks, I think that he's a very limited QB in regards to system. He's a very good system QB and that system no longer works in the league. Fitz is just limited all around. 

I would rather do away with both. Atleast Kaep can say he's been to the SB. 

My problem isnt that I think Kaep sucks, I think that he's a very limited QB in regards to system. He's a very good system QB and that system no longer works in the league. Fitz is just limited all around. 

Agreed. People have to remember too that the 49ers were completely decimated & let EVERYONE go! Jet fans use to use this argument of Sanchize demise but their is NO TEAM IN THE NFL that lost more starters to cuts, trades, injury than the 49ers! My son put money on them having the 1st pick in the draft, that gambles looking pretty good right now.

Kaep's contract is not conducive to trades. He's not going to renegotiate it in order to be traded. He'll wait to get cut and end up somewhere that isn't NY. 

His contract is conducive to being released.  That makes it perfectly conducive to trading him.  And leaves him in no position to refuse a redo of his deal.  

The Bucs have repeatedly refused to talk to teams about Glennon, I don't know people seem to think we can pry him away from there. 

It's smart on their end. He's cheap, he's starter quality and they are starting a rookie QB that could have went south. Mike Glennon may have to play out his contract as a back up. This is what happens when you're drafted in the 3rd round. You're cheap enough to keep around. 

His contract is conducive to being released.  That makes it perfectly conducive to trading him.  And leaves him in no position to refuse a redo of his deal.  

You don't understand. His contract would have to be re-done in order to be traded. He has two choices: get cut, still get his money, and pick whatever team he wants or restructure his deal and get traded to a team that best suits the 49ers needs. He could still get a decent FA deal if cut.

Agreed. People have to remember too that the 49ers were completely decimated & let EVERYONE go! Jet fans use to use this argument of Sanchize demise but their is NO TEAM IN THE NFL that lost more starters to cuts, trades, injury than the 49ers! My son put money on them having the 1st pick in the draft, that gambles looking pretty good right now.

And their HC has changed the offense from one geared to his strengths and weaknesses to one he's not suited for

You don't understand. His contract would have to be re-done in order to be traded. He has two choices: get cut, still get his money, and pick whatever team he wants or restructure his deal and get traded to a team that best suits the 49ers needs. He could still get a decent FA deal if cut.

no you don't understand contracts.  They don't owe him contract dollars if cut.  He either takes a trade and redoes his deal or gets cut and has to sign a new deal.  No one is trading for him if he doesn't first agree to a redo.  If not he will get cut and can start from scratch. He and the 49rs have no leverage

no you don't understand contracts.  They don't owe him contract dollars if cut.  He either takes a trade and redoes his deal or gets cut and has to sign a new deal.  No one is trading for him if he doesn't first agree to a redo.  If not he will get cut and can start from scratch. He and the 49rs have no leverage

I understand contracts perfectly well. They would still owe him close to 8 million dollars from the signing bonus. Read some articles on it. I even posted one in this thread. He has all of the leverage because the 49ers have to cut him by April 1st and he's not going to re-do his contract. He'll get cut, collect his bonus and then sign a decent deal with whatever team decides they want him.

I understand contracts perfectly well. They would still owe him close to 8 million dollars from the signing bonus. Read some articles on it. I even posted one in this thread. He has all of the leverage because the 49ers have to cut him by April 1st and he's not going to re-do his contract. He'll get cut, collect his bonus and then sign a decent deal with whatever team decides they want him.

they have to pay him the 8 mil no matter what.  They're not going to pay him his 8 mil and his contract to sit on the bench.  They owe him too much money in salary and have to cut their losses.  Everyone knows this.  The 9rs are not keeping him because of signing bonus money

Kaep has all the leverage. He has absolutely no incentive to redo his deal to facilitate a trade. Why should he reduce his guarantees just so his new team can give up players or picks to the 49ers for him? It would make no sense. He can sit and collect his money, or the 49ers can cut him. Once cut, he can shop his services and get the best deal from the team he most wants to join - and that team will have all its draft picks to help him succeed. 

they have to pay him the 8 mil no matter what.  They're not going to pay him his 8 mil and his contract to sit on the bench.  They owe him too much money in salary and have to cut their losses.  Everyone knows this.  The 9rs are not keeping him because of signing bonus money

I never said they were going to keep him. Not once. I don't have any clue of what point you're actually trying to make. No team is going to trade for him without a restructure. He isn't going to restructure to help a team that has treated him poorly (in his opinion). Therefore, he's just going to get cut before April 1. I'm not sure how much clearer I can make this for you.

Kaep has all the leverage. He has absolutely no incentive to redo his deal to facilitate a trade. Why should he reduce his guarantees just so his new team can give up players or picks to the 49ers for him? It would make no sense. He can sit and collect his money, or the 49ers can cut him. Once cut, he can shop his services and get the best deal from the team he most wants to join - and that team will have all its draft picks to help him succeed. 

that's what I said, Carl was saying they have all the leverage and won't trade him to a team that can't fit their needs.  There's no real reason to make a trade unless you think he will be traded elsewhere and you really want him 

I never said they were going to keep him. Not once. I don't have any clue of what point you're actually trying to make. No team is going to trade for him without a restructure. He isn't going to restructure to help a team that has treated him poorly (in his opinion). Therefore, he's just going to get cut before April 1. I'm not sure how much clearer I can make this for you.

you're not sure of what your argument is.  Forget it

except that he could decide not to redo his deal to the team that trades for him and go to free agency making them look somewhat silly for trading for him. It will come as a surprise, but guys aren't too excited about redoing deals where they lose money. You'd have to have an agreement in place before making the trade and right now, it's probably not a 6th rounder that gets it done from the 49ers. 

except that he could decide not to redo his deal to the team that trades for him and go to free agency making them look somewhat silly for trading for him. It will come as a surprise, but guys aren't too excited about redoing deals where they lose money. You'd have to have an agreement in place before making the trade and right now, it's probably not a 6th rounder that gets it done from the 49ers. 

One, he's getting traded for a bag of balls.

Second, you make the deal and leave a window to redo the deal.  

Archived