- Much better job by the special teams coverage units.  For once I didn't
feel sick whenever we had to kick/punt the ball to TEN

- Extremely clean game in terms of penalties

Bad

- Smith's knee injury

- The Bullock FG miss

- Pryor slipping on the Mariota trick play TD

- We had too many dropped INT's

I believe this was the best all around team performances of the season...a lopsided victory could have been more so had the Jets not taken the foot off the petal in the second half. The Titans may not have a good record, but they were coming off a 42 performance with a highly touted rookie QB and a defense that was vastly improved statistically from last season. And the Jets manhandled them today in virtually every way.

Some observations of mine:

-During the week I posted a thread saying that with the secondary healthy again, Bowles should get back to exotic blitzing, especially with Pryor and Skrine.  Well Pryor was all over the place today, creating all sorts of pressure on Mariota and making big tackles in the box.  He is turning out to be one hell of the player when playing his proper position.  Yeah he let up a trick play TD in man coverage (his weakness), but I'll forgive it.

-I think Demario Davis has been a better player with his reps limited.  He seems more focused out there and is executing better.  Same goes for Erin Henderson.  Bowles has found the right formula here.

-One of the pleasant surprises this season has been Bowles moving Sheldon to the DE/OLB hybrid position.  Sheldon has such good quickness and motor that he can play any position on the line.  As Bowles said, you don't need to overthink it when trying to get good football players on the field.  It allows Snacks, Mo, Leo, and Sheldon to all be on the field at once.

-Fitz seems to be really developing a sense of telepathy with Marshall.  It's nice to be the team that catches the opponent asleep and capitalize for once.  Feels like it happened to us too much in the Rex era.

-O-line was very good today, running game got back on track.

-Bilal Powell is finally playing to his strengths.  When healthy, he can be a difference maker.  He is starting to fill that role that CJ Spiller had when Gailey was in Buffalo.

-The way things are shaping up, Jets may really regret that Buffalo loss.  They could go 11-5 and still miss the playoffs if Pittsburgh and KC win out.

At least one of the three teams is going to drop a turd in the next three weeks.  The odds of all three teams winning four straight is...well....pretty low.  So very doubtful the Jets will go 11-5 and miss.

PIT has to beat DEN and the Jets have to beat NE. Those are the most likely games to see someone stumble but really, any given Sunday.....

-During the week I posted a thread saying that with the secondary healthy again, Bowles should get back to exotic blitzing, especially with Pryor and Skrine.  Well Pryor was all over the place today, creating all sorts of pressure on Mariota and making big tackles in the box.  He is turning out to be one hell of the player when playing his proper position.  Yeah he let up a trick play TD in man coverage (his weakness), but I'll forgive it.

-I think Demario Davis has been a better player with his reps limited.  He seems more focused out there and is executing better.  Same goes for Erin Henderson.  Bowles has found the right formula here.

-One of the pleasant surprises this season has been Bowles moving Sheldon to the DE/OLB hybrid position.  Sheldon has such good quickness and motor that he can play any position on the line.  As Bowles said, you don't need to overthink it when trying to get good football players on the field.  It allows Snacks, Mo, Leo, and Sheldon to all be on the field at once.

-Fitz seems to be really developing a sense of telepathy with Marshall.  It's nice to be the team that catches the opponent asleep and capitalize for once.  Feels like it happened to us too much in the Rex era.

-Bilal Powell is finally playing to his strengths.  When healthy, he can be a difference maker.

-The way things are shaping up, Jets may really regret that Buffalo loss.  They could go 11-5 and still miss the playoffs if Pittsburgh and KC win out.

I knew that Bill game would bite us in the azz. Too bad Smith didn't get hurt the week before that game we'd be 9-4 right now & sitting pretty. I blame that idiot Bobby April too.

This alone tell me that Bowles is twice the coach that Rex is.  Rex insisted on misuses Coples (multiples seasons), Allen (part of a season), and Pryor (an entire season).  Bowles figured out better how to use Sheldon despite lost coaching time due to his suspension. 

At least one of the three teams is going to drop a turd in the next three weeks.  The odds of all three teams winning four straight is...well....pretty low.  So very doubtful the Jets will go 11-5 and miss.

PIT has to beat DEN and the Jets have to beat NE. Those are the most likely games to see someone stumble but really, any given Sunday.....

Much worse than that. We do not go in any tie with Pitt scenario I could find.

Mo Wilk and Demario Davis were awesome today.

BMarsh is a monster.  Decker is a professional WR.  This is a great 1-2 punch.  Maybe best in the league?

Snacks has been destroying OLines the past few weeks.

Powell is playing the best ball of his career.  Fitzmagic too.

Ivory looks fresh.  Oline is doing work. 

Secondary was flying around today.  Its fun watching how Bowles uses Pryor and Gilchrest. 

Skrine has the toughest job on the defense.  He gave up some catches today but thought overall he played well.

Looks like they're playing their best ball in Dec.  

Shame the playoff picture is such a mess.  I feel like this team could win a game or 2 in the playoffs. 

-Bilal Powell is finally playing to his strengths.  When healthy, he can be a difference maker.  He is starting to fill that role that CJ Spiller had when Gailey was in Buffalo.

I regret every loss. Im just tired of hearing about the Bills loss.

Agreed. Also, can someone tell me the last time a team was 11-5 and didn't make the playoffs?

Marcus has done much better than I expected, but watching him live I couldn't help feeling Geno 2.0. I just don't see him becoming a very good QB in this league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mariota is a WR running the option playbook.  So many bumpable threads in 2 years when he's officially declared a bust OMFG

Much worse than that. We do not go in any tie with Pitt scenario I could find.

IF we both end 10-6 ... AND the Jets loss is to the Giants ... THEN we get in as our Conference record will be 8-4, Pitt 7-5.

Still pretty far-fetched, but stranger things have happened.

I agree.  It's very doubtful the Jets will go 11-5 and miss.  Unfortunately, I think it is even more doubtful they go 11-5.

This alone tell me that Bowles is twice the coach that Rex is.  Rex insisted on misuses Coples (multiples seasons), Allen (part of a season), and Pryor (an entire season).  Bowles figured out better how to use Sheldon despite lost coaching time due to his suspension. 

LOL.  Bowles really figured out how to properly use Coples. Maybe if Idzik had signed Revis, Cromartie, Gilchrist and Skrine instead of Patterson, Rex would not have had to "misuse"  Allen and Pryor.  There is plenty to like about Bowles, I don't see what any of this has to do with it. 

Mariota is a WR running the option playbook.  So many bumpable threads in 2 years when he's officially declared a bust OMFG

LOL, like Cam Newton??

Marriota will be a VERY good NFL QB. He currently has zero talent on offense and his defense is a putrid. He may not be a Hall of Famer but he will be a QB in this league for a long time to come. 

LOL, like Cam Newton??

Marriota will be a VERY good NFL QB. He currently has zero talent on offense and his defense is a putrid. He may not be a Hall of Famer but he will be a QB in this league for a long time to come. 

you are seriously comparing Mariota to Newton lol

Archived