Pandora's Box is now OPEN

Powpow

This loss to the Buffalo Bills was bad. Yes. But its the way they lost that made it unacceptable.  We should have rolled these guys easily. They had 3 of their top stars out on offense. Their defense was in disarray and ranked what 29th?  Bills fans were calling to take Rex's snacks away.  We had everything to play for and laid a rotten egg.  This game truly illustrates how many holes this team has and the bad decisions that were made this off season.  We have no pass rush. We have no breakaway back. We have no wr speed, we have no TE, we have LB's who cant run a lick.  We have DB's who get called for PI more than any team I've ever seen.  We have a rookie coach  who has no idea how to make in game adjustments. An OC who has no balls.  No franchise QB and a back up QB who's a moron.  Our cap is pretty much gone with the Revis/Harris/Skrine/Cro signings.  Our Special teams is the worst in the history of Pro Football.  Maybe, like they say. there's something good that comes out of something bad BUT only if it gets attended to.  Mac has a lot of work to do. Now we will really see what he's made of.  

This loss to the Buffalo Bills was bad. Yes. But its the way they lost that made it unacceptable.  We should have rolled these guys easily. They had 3 of their top stars out on offense. Their defense was in disarray and ranked what 29th?  Bills fans were calling to take Rex's snacks away.  We had everything to play for and laid a rotten egg.  This game truly illustrates how many holes this team has and the bad decisions that were made this off season.  We have no pass rush. We have no breakaway back. We have no wr speed, we have no TE, we have LB's who cant run a lick.  We have DB's who get called for PI more than any team I've ever seen.  We have a rookie coach  who has no idea how to make in game adjustments. An OC who has no balls.  No franchise QB and a back up QB who's a moron.  Our cap is pretty much gone with the Revis/Harris/Skrine/Cro signings.  Our Special teams is the worst in the history of Pro Football.  Maybe, like they say. there's something good that comes out of something bad BUT only if it gets attended to.  Mac has a lot of work to do. Now we will really see what he's made of.  

believe it or not, the cap situation is not as bad as you think.  A lot of the contracts given last offseason had no guaranteed money after this year, so players like Cro can be cut with no cap penalty.  Yes, tough decisions will have to be made, but they can also bring on other players who fit the system for less money.

However, the fact that Todd Bowles didn't seem to have his players ready to play, with a "bunker-like" mentality, to me is the real story of today.  Offensively they came out flat, and defensively they let Tyrod Taylor own 3rd down.

believe it or not, the cap situation is not as bad as you think.  A lot of the contracts given last offseason had no guaranteed money after this year, so players like Cro can be cut with no cap penalty.  Yes, tough decisions will have to be made, but they can also bring on other players who fit the system for less money.

However, the fact that Todd Bowles didn't seem to have his players ready to play, with a "bunker-like" mentality, to me is the real story of today.  Offensively they came out flat, and defensively they let Tyrod Taylor own 3rd down.

It appears Ivory was hurt, only made token appearance and camera showe dhim pain after long run and Powell out. Rex knew we had no run game and went into a D that made pass game very very tough..  I agree that we should have put a SPY on taylor.

We aren't a perfect team.  However if we could have stopped Watkins on the 8 yard slant we win.  

Fitz was bad but really with all his mistakes, the one that hurt was the first pick. If we get up 20-19 I bet it's a different game 

There's no reason to over-think this.

This loss is all about Revis not shutting his guy down, and the coaches not adjusting... If Revis and the secondary doesn't get burned on 12+ third downs by Watkins, then the offense is never in a situation where they have to press. Then Fitz doesn't go all Fitzy, and we score the points we need to win. Pretty cut and dry.

The strength of the team, the defense, shrunk in the one game where any prideful defense would have wanted to put on an exhibition against their old, defensive-minded coach. They couldn't and didn't. 

We played Rex twice this year, and both times we stepped aside and let them dictate the game. They aren't doing anything remarkable, other than watching self-defeat.

This loss is all about Revis not shutting his guy down, and the coaches not adjusting... If Revis and the secondary doesn't get burned on 12+ third downs by Watkins, then the offense is never in a situation where they have to press. Then Fitz doesn't go all Fitzy, and we score the points we need to win. Pretty cut and dry.

The strength of the team, the defense, shrunk in the one game where any prideful defense would have wanted to put on an exhibition against their old, defensive-minded coach. They couldn't and didn't. 

This one is more on the defense than the offense today.

Mac has his hands full this offseason.  He wont have as much money as he did in his first year.  His overpriced secondary was pretty much average. The defensive line, which was projected to be beastly, was more like a pissed off kitty.   The running game was non apparent most of the season and these guys seemed to always be injured.  The OL was average and could barely open up holes.  The LB's are slow and were constantly missing tackles and very poor in coverage.  This was not just this last game.  It was a recurring theme all season long. Not to mention, Bowles was outcoached in many games this year.    Someone mentioned to focus on skilled players this off season.  That would be smart since this is a passing league.  A RB in the class of Lamar is essential as is a TE with speed and hands as it opens up the middle of the field. A few other wr's who can actually catch would be a novel idea.  An OLB who can actually get a sack when you need one. This team's depth sucks.   It's time to revamp where all this money is being spent.  Points are what win and we need playmakers in the worst way.         

This game nowadays is being won more and more at the linebacker position.  Kuechly, Wagner, Jamie Collins, Chandler Jones, Von Miller, Khalil Mack.  This is the next generation of game changing players.  Jets need a stud linebacker who either is a gifted edge player, or has sideline-to-sideline speed and coverage ability.  I'd spend the 1st round pick on an investment there.

This game nowadays is being won more and more at the linebacker position.  Kuechly, Wagner, Jamie Collins, Chandler Jones, Von Miller, Khalil Mack.  This is the next generation of game changing players.  Jets need a stud linebacker who either is a gifted edge player, or has sideline-to-sideline speed and coverage ability.  I'd spend the 1st round pick on an investment there.

Leonard Floyd. Dude is a wrecking ball.  He'd be the perfect fit for this boring ass defense.  He is fast, relentless and has an explosive burst.  Harris, Leonard, Mauldin and sign a free agent like Freeny, Derrick Johnson, Trevathan. This LB crew needs to be revamped badly. 

Mac has his hands full this offseason.  He wont have as much money as he did in his first year.  His overpriced secondary was pretty much average. The defensive line, which was projected to be beastly, was more like a pissed off kitty.   The running game was non apparent most of the season and these guys seemed to always be injured.  The OL was average and could barely open up holes.  The LB's are slow and were constantly missing tackles and very poor in coverage.  This was not just this last game.  It was a recurring theme all season long. Not to mention, Bowles was outcoached in many games this year.    Someone mentioned to focus on skilled players this off season.  That would be smart since this is a passing league.  A RB in the class of Lamar is essential as is a TE with speed and hands as it opens up the middle of the field. A few other wr's who can actually catch would be a novel idea.  An OLB who can actually get a sack when you need one. This team's depth sucks.   It's time to revamp where all this money is being spent.  Points are what win and we need playmakers in the worst way.         

so , do we have the first pick in the draft? what you said means 2 wins

so , do we have the first pick in the draft? what you said means 2 wins

what you said is so stupid it merits no response other than get a life.

So I guess personal attacks are OK when Jets lose. Good thing I have my own personal mod that follows me around like a puppy and gnaws on my ankle at the slightest rule "violation." This is the MVP package. I paid extra for this.

So I guess personal attacks are OK when Jets lose. Good thing I have my own personal mod that follows me around like a puppy and gnaws on my ankle at the slightest rule "violation." This is the MVP package. I paid extra for this.

You're the exception, in your case its ok anytime.

You're the exception, in your case its ok anytime.

Apparently. My personal mod thinks that's how you prove how "sensitive" someone is, allow personal attacks only against them and then point and scream "you're my ex wife!!!" when the person asks how the rules are applied around here lol. I'm telling you guys the Platinum MVP package is the bomb.

We played Rex twice this year, and both times we stepped aside and let them dictate the game. They aren't doing anything remarkable, other than watching self-defeat.

well said, Ape. Pandora's box is now shut, lol. 

I think you hit the nail on the head. We lost because our defense could not get off the field. We were beat by Tyrod Taylor. Field position and time of possession were the nails in the coffin.

Meh. As bad as the Jets defense was yesterday, if the offense can score 21 points they win. 

22 is still more than 21. Also, hard to score when the other team has the ball twice as long as the Jets do because the defense can't stop a terrible QB on 3rd down. 

I think the Jets had 13 total yards when the Bills had 13 points. One of the best ways to keep the opponents offense off the field is to keep your offense on it. Jets came up short all around yesterday. 

There's so much wrong here I don't even know where to start .

This is not about just yesterday. Its about the entire season. Look at the games we lost and the teams we lost them to. And how we lost. Even many of the games we won could have easily gone the other way.  This team was very fortunate to finish 10-6.  For all the hype and money spent, this ended in a disgrace.    

Meh. As bad as the Jets defense was yesterday, if the offense can score 21 points they win. 

That's sort of my point, if the Jets offense could score more points, they win... to score more points, they need more opportunities and time with the ball. Blame falls on all 3 phases of the game, but the lynchpin to the entire debacle was our 3rd down defense.

This is not about just yesterday. Its about the entire season. Look at the games we lost and the teams we lost them to. And how we lost. Even many of the games we won could have easily gone the other way.  This team was very fortunate to finish 10-6.  For all the hype and money spent, this ended in a disgrace.    

I know.

When we lost, or even played poorly enough to lose, the same traits surfaced, dropping passes that hit WRs in hands, horrible tackling, 1-dimensional offense, can't make stops on 3rd down, special teams gifting points to the opponent, etc. It wasn't like we invented new ways to fail when we failed, it was always the same issues.

I'm not as pleased with this coaching staff as some may be. I think Bowles deserves scrutiny for being stubborn. I think April deserves to be replaced. I never thought Kacy Rodgers had the experience to be worth handing this much talent to on defense. I believe Gailey is the only one that regularly helped the offense be more than the sum of its parts.

To me though, there is no other way to look at yesterday other than disgrace. I actually empathize with Woody, he's got to be thinking what the ******* ****?

That's sort of my point, if the Jets offense could score more points, they win... to score more points, they need more opportunities and time with the ball. Blame falls on all 3 phases of the game, but the lynchpin to the entire debacle was our 3rd down defense.

if they could score, if they could extend a drive and use up some clock and if they could stretch the field a and keep from turning the ball over they win.  

Easily.

they were in FG range, driving for a TD, down 2 with minutes left in the game and Fitz throws as horrible an interception as anyone has ever seen.  

Both units sucked at times and combined to lose a winnable game.  

if they could score, if they could extend a drive and use up some clock and if they could stretch the field a and keep from turning the ball over they win.  

Easily.

they were in FG range, driving for a TD, down 2 with minutes left in the game and Fitz throws as horrible an interception as anyone has ever seen.  

Both units sucked at times and combined to lose a winnable game.  

There's no explaining away that end zone INT. That was about as bad a decision as I've seen any QB make, ever, because if we convert the TD there, we win the game. No question in my mind.

I think we all understand that we lost in all 3 phases, but I believe it cause and effect... and I'm of the opinion that the 3rd down defense was the lynchpin to the successive failures by the rest of the team.

I know.

When we lost, or even played poorly enough to lose, the same traits surfaced, dropping passes that hit WRs in hands, horrible tackling, 1-dimensional offense, can't make stops on 3rd down, special teams gifting points to the opponent, etc. It wasn't like we invented new ways to fail when we failed, it was always the same issues.

I'm not as pleased with this coaching staff as some may be. I think Bowles deserves scrutiny for being stubborn. I think April deserves to be replaced. I never thought Kacy Rodgers had the experience to be worth handing this much talent to on defense. I believe Gailey is the only one that regularly helped the offense be more than the sum of its parts.

To me though, there is no other way to look at yesterday other than disgrace. I actually empathize with Woody, he's got to be thinking what the ******* ****?

well said, Ape. Pandora's box is now shut, lol. 

Its now back open, actually was never closed. And Bowles was the one who opened it starting with the Philly game.   We lost games we should have easily won. And the ones we did win, many were brutal wins.  The Jag game:

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) The New York Jets were in big trouble, facing an embarrassing loss at home and a midseason crisis.  hen, the Jacksonville Jaguars bailed them out.  Ryan Fitzpatrick threw two touchdown passes while playing with a torn ligament in his left thumb, Chris Ivory ran for two scores and the Jets took advantage of late mistakes by the Jaguars to squeeze out a 28-23 win Sunday.  ''We won,'' Jets coach Todd Bowles said flatly. ''That's the biggest thing. Obviously, there were some sloppy things that we've got to clean up.''  The Jets (5-3) certainly needed to hold their breath in this one.

This was at the midway point.  This coaching staff never cleaned it up.  We ended up losing the next 2 to Texas with a 3rd string QB wo was out of the league and the debacle vs. the Bills.  That was followed by 5 straight wins....Miami, NYG, Tenn, Dallas, NE.  We were VERY lucky to beat NYG. If anything, our season could have been over right there. And the Dallas game was a joke, only to be topped off by a second loss to yours truly. Well they now have the offseason to 'clean it up.      

Its now back open, actually was never closed. And Bowles was the one who opened it starting with the Philly game.   We lost games we should have easily won. And the ones we did win, many were brutal wins.  The Jag game:

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) The New York Jets were in big trouble, facing an embarrassing loss at home and a midseason crisis.  hen, the Jacksonville Jaguars bailed them out.  Ryan Fitzpatrick threw two touchdown passes while playing with a torn ligament in his left thumb, Chris Ivory ran for two scores and the Jets took advantage of late mistakes by the Jaguars to squeeze out a 28-23 win Sunday.  ''We won,'' Jets coach Todd Bowles said flatly. ''That's the biggest thing. Obviously, there were some sloppy things that we've got to clean up.''  The Jets (5-3) certainly needed to hold their breath in this one.

This was at the midway point.  This coaching staff never cleaned it up.  We ended up losing the next 2 to Texas with a 3rd string QB wo was out of the league and the debacle vs. the Bills.  That was followed by 5 straight wins....Miami, NYG, Tenn, Dallas, NE.  We were VERY lucky to beat NYG. If anything, our season could have been over right there. And the Dallas game was a joke, only to be topped off by a second loss to yours truly. Well they now have the offseason to 'clean it up.      

I can't remember a time jets ever consistently put teams away. Every loss is ugly and and every win is even uglier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So now it's ok to make excuses for the QB?  But not the last 5 years when we had pop warner weapons.  This is all so confusing.

There's no explaining away that end zone INT. That was about as bad a decision as I've seen any QB make, ever, because if we convert the TD there, we win the game. No question in my mind.

I think we all understand that we lost in all 3 phases, but I believe it cause and effect... and I'm of the opinion that the 3rd down defense was the lynchpin to the successive failures by the rest of the team.

I totally agree.  Just as we complained that QBs we hated, Geno & Sanchez, didn't extend drives and hurt the D because of it, the same was true yesterday.  Look at what the offenses inability to convert on third down did to field position.  Think the average start was our 18 and the average start for the Bills was our 49 in the first half.  Who's playing defense from there?  Yet we were in the game.  Would have been nice to convert a 3rd and move the chains a few times not go 0 for.

Just as it wasn't just Watkins.  It was Salas, it was others and it was penalties that extended drives.  We played like shlt on offense, defense and STs

My fear is the deception of a 10 win season doesnt create urgency to make too many changes.  Plus, they've got decisions in house they need to make that arent easy and could have a huge impact on the way they address FA. Especially considering our highest paid player literally retired on the field yesterday.  

My hope, is that unlike the other Head Coaches to come before Bowles, that not making the playoffs in his first season lights a little fire to really assess what they've got and if they're right for this team.  My fear is that they sit on their hands, added a couple of savvy end of the road vets and hope they can have a similar but more successful season.

It's a real shame that outside of our 1st round picks the past few years, the Jets have added zero talent via the draft.  That's a big issue.  You just have to hope that Milliner, Amaro and Smith turn into something of value because if they dont, Mac has to pull of some miracles in the later rounds.  

That was Richard Todd like. In fact, the situation was eerily similar to his INT vs. the Bills in that playoff loss.  This was a tough Jet game to watch as I've ever seen.  

So now it's ok to make excuses for the QB?  But not the last 5 years when we had pop warner weapons.  This is all so confusing.

I guess, if you have an agenda, then you could warp this into an excuse. I think that my post makes it perfectly clear that Fitz has limitations, which is a criticism, and there are things this team needs to never do... namely, ask him to press at the end of games to bail the defense out.

Never in the past 5 years did I make excuses for the other QBs either, especially not the "not enough weaponzzz" excuse. I'm not sure if you know what you're talking about, and it doesn't seem worth the effort to figure it out.

Archived