Schefter: Osweiler to Den not a lock

AFJF

From his Twitter:

Brock Osweiler may indeed resign with Denver. But that, at this time, is far from a certainty. Other QB-needy teams will make this tough.

If Mac likes him, go get him.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, AFJF said:

From his Twitter:

Brock Osweiler may indeed resign with Denver. But that, at this time, is far from a certainty. Other QB-needy teams will make this tough.

to get brock out of denver you are looking at least 3 yrs $50M

29 minutes ago, AFJF said:

From his Twitter:

Agree just hope this isn't Neil O'Donnell II 

mannings decision puts osweiler in an interesting spot.  he can really put the screws to elway.  I would love to hear elway make his pitch and then osweilers agent remind him what he did to the colts, lol

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Denver could be a perfect landing spot for Fitzpatrick

Was just thinking the same thing, darkest timeline type of sh*t if Os leaves Denver and Manning retires, especially if Os doesn't come to the Jets, we are gonna be in a possible dire situation if Petty isn't ready.

Osweiler didn't show me enough in his time this year to warrant a deal like that. Was kind of underwhelming. I don't think he can lead a franchise for the next 10 years. 

What games did you watch?

He pretty much lit up the Bengals, Steelers and Patriots (when they were 100% healthy) defenses.

The guy is 6'6" with a rocket arm and is the prototypical NFL pocket passer.

He is the real deal.

8 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

He pretty much lit up the Bengals, Steelers and Patriots (when they were 100% healthy) defenses.

He is the real deal.

I wouldn't say he lit up the Bengals and Pats he had 1 td a piece in those games that both went to OT.. He did have a good game against Pitt though..

19 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

He is the real deal.

He sort of lit some teams up, yes... IN THE FIRST HALF.   Osweiler couldn't barely generate a first down in the 2nd half of many of those same games.

He didn't show enough for that kind of contract. 

3 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

The 3rd down conversions he executed against the Pats were killers.

Funny thing is the stats from both Manning and Osweiler last season.. Manning 9 tds and 17 picks and Osweiler with a season saving 10 tds and 6 picks for a total of 19 tds and 23 picks fron their QB's.. Can you say Defense??LOL

33 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

He is the real deal.

You ever get tired of voicing your opinion where it is not wanted? Anyway, the Broncos thought so highly of Osweiler, they went with half broken Peyton Manning who barely made enough plays to manage the game. Osweiler is another game manager. He's not going to elevate the others around him. He will be serviceable but nothing special. And at least check some stats before you spout off. Dude didn't even complete half his passes against Pittsburgh and had one 300 yard game all season. He's also immobile and stiff in the pocket. 

Cleveland has $47 Million in Cap space.  Osweiler may be the best bet for the Browns, especially with no viable QB's at #2.  Offer him an Andy Dalton type of deal, and try and trade back.  JMO.

27 minutes ago, hawk said:

Cleveland has $47 Million in Cap space.  Osweiler may be the best bet for the Browns, especially with no viable QB's at #2.  Offer him an Andy Dalton type of deal, and try and trade back.  JMO.

would be a mistake, brownies have zero Offensive talent and a below avg OL

4 minutes ago, afosomf said:

would be a mistake, brownies have zero Offensive talent and a below avg OL

Based on what.

Anyway, given $47 Million in cap space, and the #2 draft pick, things can and will change drastically. 

11 minutes ago, afosomf said:

10 minutes ago, afosomf said:     

so who would they take at 2? the best players are on defensive side of ball, they could trade #2         

I dont see Brock as a great qb prospect         

Well, I said try and trade back in my initial post.  That is what would be ideal.  However, Jalen Ramsey or Myles Jack would be first that come to mind if forced to pick at 2.  Still would have $30 - $35 Million to spend in Free Agency as well.  

Osweiler is more of a sure thing that the draft alternatives.  IMO.  That says more about the draft prospects than Osweiler.  

Only red flag I saw with Osweiller was when they were playing a bad San Diego team in the last reguler season game of the season with both playoff seeding on the line i.e pressure, he was playing badly and choking. He lost the job that day when Manning had to come in and rescue the team winning by a TD. So, that makes it appear with a short sample of games overall that when the chips are down he may not be so clutch. Without seeing him in that situation another few times I don't see that he is worth the risk of 15M or more a year for 3 or more years. But, that is the only sample you have to go on.

31 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

The fact that Denver isn't going out of their way to keep this guy is pretty telling. You don't let a good young QB talk to other teams if you truly believe in him. 

I was wondering that myself.  I don't know what to make of Osweiler at this point.  If Elway had faith in him, he'd already be signed to a multi year deal.

41 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

The fact that Denver isn't going out of their way to keep this guy is pretty telling. You don't let a good young QB talk to other teams if you truly believe in him. 

So tag him and let Von Miller test free agency?

44 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

if the report of 3 years and potentially $45 million is true, that's a pretty solid offer for 7 starts.  I read the broncos legit didn't know what manning was doing until saturday night, and this report came out before that, and for all we know the offer has been increased. 

hey, if the jets ever get lucky enough to land a franchise QB, chances are it will mean another team screwed up in the process

Archived