Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Thats ok if he turned into Namath II, or worse was successful somewhere else, there would be a whole group who would claim credit for being the first to want him.  Lots of I told you so posts

I don't think Glennon would be the next Namath but he absolutely is capable of similar production to what Fitz did last year.  

Yeah I would trade the 20 pick for him.  I think Glennon absolutely will be a better pro qb than Paxton Lynch.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

I don't think Glennon would be the next Namath but he absolutely is capable of similar production to what Fitz did last year.  

Yeah I would trade the 20 pick for him.  I think Glennon absolutely will be a better pro qb than Paxton Lynch.

what is the appeal in glennon, arguably the least mobile qb in the nfl?  would hate watching him behind that line. 

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

what is the appeal in glennon, arguably the least mobile qb in the nfl?  would hate watching him behind that line. 

Because he can actually make reads and throw farther than 15 yards.

Brady, Manning and Phillip rivers have done ok and they aren't exactly an early 2000's Vick in the mobility dept

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

I get the feeling that Rex Ryan's staff development of a qb was to have thin put their nose to a baseball bat perpendicular to the ground, spin around ten times and try to find the line of scrimmage.

And Mangini and staff did a great job developing Clemens I suppose??

16 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Do you?  Thats a good question.  Lynch is an unknown so his upside becomes Brady to some.  Hes raw and to me is kind of Flacco like at this point.  Not that I would cry over having Flacco, hes a solid pro

the D/STs won the AFC Championship Game.

11 for 42 is over 4 yds a carry, instead of letting Bledsoe throw the SB away they should have given Curtis more carries.

in 3 playoff games:

Curtis 49 carries, 267 yds, 5.5 YPC, 5 TDs

prorate over 16 game season: 261-1424 yds, 5.5, 27 TDs

Bledsoe: 59-105, 56%, 595 yds, 3 TDs, 7 INTs(had more INts than TDs in each game), 54.2 rating

prorate over 16 games: 315-560, 56%, 16 TDs, 37 INTs

He had a 78 yard run for a TD against the Steelers.

The hole was so big Crusher could have waddled through it and scored.

1 hour ago, kelly said:

RG3 and Jets: Browns are 'favorite' to sign him, per report

Free agent quarterback Robert Griffin III has visited the Jets and Browns. Both teams have said positive things about Griffin, which is what you'd expect. 

But only one team can land him, and it looks like the Browns are the leaders, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. (The Jets, meanwhile, have made it clear that their first priority remains re-signing Ryan Fitzpatrick.) 

"If you are handicapping this today, you're saying the Browns are the favorite to land RGIII." - @AdamSchefterpic.twitter.com/WpU86v2inH

Hmmm, Jets brought RG3 in a couple of weeks ago, let him go without an offer and then reiterated that they wanted to sign Fitz and if not would be fine with Geno starting.

RG3 interviews in Cleveland and Shefter swoops in predicting that Cleveland is the favorite to sign him.

Thank god for inside sources.  lol

7 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

He had a 78 yard run for a TD against the Steelers.

The hole was so big Crusher could have waddled through it and scored.

make all the excuses you want.  w/ no threat of a pass game he was really good most of that playoff run.

3 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but can only speak for my own feelings. Geno carried himself like a punk from the time he was in the draft up until he got punched, people are only responding to what they saw and read. That is not a Geno thing, its a human thing. I have been of the opinion that he will never be a good QB because of his attitude and his lack of leadership ability, much like Jay Cutler will never be a good QB, despite both of them having a lot of physical talent.

IF Geno truly has matured and grown, I think it will show, and people will change their stance on him over time, but that takes actions, and time, not words. Regardless of whether he is a good QB or not, maturing and learning from mistakes are very respectable qualities, and most people will recognize that. Just my $0.02

I don't see where he carried himself like a punk.  Not sure where that comes from; was he little immature? Sure, like a lot of guys who are 22, 23 years old.   I saw a guy rushed to start and he wasn't ready and it showed.  In addition, the talent level around him, especially on offense was for sh*t.  Then top of that he had started his career with two God awful OC and that certainly didn't help his development.  So when I saw we brought in Gailey last year along a true number one receiver like Marshall, I was intrigued to see if he could reach his potential.  Unfortunately it didn't play out like that and I will say the same thing I said at the time of the punching incident.  It may have been the best thing to happen to him.  He could have reacted one of two ways; he could have sulked bemoaned his fate or he could take responsibility, be a good teammate, work on his craft and be ready if his number was called.  All indications point to the latter happening.    Bowles has gone on record as saying Geno impressed him on how he handled the situation and that is good enough for me.   With all the mediocre quarterbacks in the league today, I am more than willing to give him another shot.  If he fails, like so many predict, then we will move on and it won't cost us a fortune to do so.  

1 hour ago, Savage69 said:

And Mangini and staff did a great job developing Clemens I suppose??

Sav-You are a great guy, but sometimes you need to check your Rex sensitivities  at the door.

My original statement in this thread stated that it has been some time since "any" staff with the jets have been good at developing a qb.

Yes, in my opinion Rex was one of the worst. QBs actually devolved under him and his staff.

8 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Sav-You are a great guy, but sometimes you need to check your Rex sensitivities  at the door.

My original statement in this thread stated that it has been some time since "any" staff with the jets have been good at developing a qb.

Yes, in my opinion Rex was one of the worst. QBs actually devolved under him and his staff.

He loves to defend the indefensible.  Rex and his staff were terrible at developing potential talent not just at QB, but at every position on the field, including defense and specials.  The staff Rex chose (and early on those he was saddled with), have been among the league's worst at developing young talent.  Rex has no idea how to do this correctly.

17 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I don't see where he carried himself like a punk.  Not sure where that comes from; was he little immature? Sure, like a lot of guys who are 22, 23 years old.   I saw a guy rushed to start and he wasn't ready and it showed.  In addition, the talent level around him, especially on offense was for sh*t.  Then top of that he had started his career with two God awful OC and that certainly didn't help his development.  So when I saw we brought in Gailey last year along a true number one receiver like Marshall, I was intrigued to see if he could reach his potential.  Unfortunately it didn't play out like that and I will say the same thing I said at the time of the punching incident.  It may have been the best thing to happen to him.  He could have reacted one of two ways; he could have sulked bemoaned his fate or he could take responsibility, be a good teammate, work on his craft and be ready if his number was called.  All indications point to the latter happening.    Bowles has gone on record as saying Geno impressed him on how he handled the situation and that is good enough for me.   With all the mediocre quarterbacks in the league today, I am more than willing to give him another shot.  If he fails, like so many predict, then we will move on and it won't cost us a fortune to do so.  

Couple of things, first, Geno came in during MM's first year, so he had MM for both of his first two seasons, Sanchez had Schitty and Sporano, Geno only had MM and now Gailey.

I don't really want to debate the punk term, I could have said he carried himself like a "dick", a punk, choose your word. Either way, its subjective, and up to individuals to interpret it. I compare him to Cutler personally. If you think he carried himself well, your obviously entitled to your opinion, as everyone else is too.

I think everyone was at least somewhat intrigued to see what he could do with Marshall, Decker and a decent OC. That said, I put plenty of blame on him in the IK situation, and although he absolutely did not deserve to get punched, his part in the situation plays into what many people think of him.

He will get another shot at some point, whether with the Jets or someone else, physically talented QB's always do. I hope he did learn from his situation, and has grown and matured. He is just a kid, and football is entertainment.

3 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

I just looked at all the reports and can't seem to find anyone saying this, can you provide a quote please?    

This is from the OP :  "We thought Geno matured last year," Bowles said. "It's something you couldn't see because he didn't play as much, but you saw it in practice and you saw it in his demeanor in off-the-field stuff.

29 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Funny the Bills beat us twice last year with a 5th rd QB who had never started before had 20 tds and 6 picks and completed 63% of his passes how is that devolving?? Are you saying Rex is learning from his mistakes?? :)

9 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

This is from the OP :  "We thought Geno matured last year," Bowles said. "It's something you couldn't see because he didn't play as much, but you saw it in practice and you saw it in his demeanor in off-the-field stuff.

you saw it on the sidelines during games when petty and fitz would be with the qb coach and geno would be holding the front of his jersey staring blankly out onto the field.

9 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

2 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Funny the Bills beat us twice last year with a 5th rd QB who had never started before had 20 tds and 6 picks and completed 63% of his passes how is that devolving?? Are you saying Rex is learning from his mistakes?? :)

I said qbs devolve under him. That means they have tended to get worse year to year. 

Maybe that 5th rd qb gets better next year, or maybe he follows the Rex trend of getting worse. :)

29 minutes ago, Dcat said:

He loves to defend the indefensible.  Rex and his staff were terrible at developing potential talent not just at QB, but at every position on the field, including defense and specials.  The staff Rex chose (and early on those he was saddled with), have been among the league's worst at developing young talent.  Rex has no idea how to do this correctly.

I'd be pretty excited if the Jets had Tyrod Taylor...

A gap remains between the Jets and quarterbackRyan Fitzpatrick in terms of finding the right price for a contract for the 2016 season, something that doesn’t seem to bother head coach Todd Bowles all that much.

Bowles was at the league meetings on Tuesday morning and said, via Eliot Shorr-Parks of NJ.com, that he feels good about the team’s quarterback situation and that the offseason has not reached a point where he “has to know” whether Fitzpatrick will be back with the team for another year. He took a more casual approach to the talks, saying that “everyone hasa right to be stubborn” and that the team would move on to other plans in the event a contract can’t be worked out.

“Not bothered yet. It’s free agency,” Bowles said. “These things happen. We are trying to re-sign Fitzpatrick. If not, we have plans in place going forward.”Geno Smith and Bryce Petty are in-house options and Bowles said the team wouldn’t let off-field distractions keep them from signing Robert Griffin III, who visited the Jets last week, if they determine it is best for the team on the field. There are reasons to think those plans won’t work out, but the Jets have put up a unified front when it comes to letting people know they are willing to institute one of them if Fitzpatrick continues exercising his right to be stubborn about his asking price.

>    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/22/todd-bowles-on-ryan-fitzpatrick-everyone-has-right-to-be-stubborn/

41 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Mo,Snacks,Pouha,Mike Devito shined under Rex plus Revis had the best year of his career.. I get that Rex has a lot to learn but unlike the haters I try to be fair something that many of you just can't do.. Bottom line he got to 2 AFCCG's which is more then most Jet HC's have done and all the hate you can muster won't change that fact..:)

1 minute ago, Savage69 said:

Mo,Snacks,Pouha,Mike Devito shined under Rex plus Revis had the best year of his career.. I get that Rex has a lot to learn but unlike the haters I try to be fair something that many of you just can't do.. Bottom line he got to 2 AFCCG's which is more then most Jet HC's have done and all the hate you can muster won't change that fact..:)

yawn

I will place photos of Rex at your grave when the time comes.  Then you can enjoy him for eternity (the same length of time it felt like he was here at Florham Park).

2 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Worse record than Herm, then ;)

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

yawn

I will place photos of Rex at your grave when the time comes.  Then you can enjoy him for eternity (the same length of time it felt like he was here at Florham Park).

The only difference in our opinions is I use fact and you use hate..

33 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Where does that say he practiced well?    it says he showed he matured, not practiced well.

4 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

The only difference in our opinions is I use fact and you use hate..

that's just bullspit.  I don't hate Rex, but have the ability to see he has no leadership skills whatsoever and ran the place like a  kindergarten which led the team to ruin.  I have no idea what you see beyond the playoff appearances made with Mangini's roster.  With Rex's influence on the roster, they got worse each season.  And don't even bother saying that rex had little influence in personnel decisions.  He had control and and Tanny did whatever Rexy wanted.  Rex was horrendous. 

9 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Mark Sanchez was better under Rex than he was with QB whisperer, Chip Kelly. :)

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

that's just bullspit.  I don't hate Rex, but have the ability to see he has no leadership skills whatsoever and ran the place like a  kindergarten which led the team to ruin.  I have no idea what you see beyond the playoff appearances made with Mangini's roster.  With Rex's influence on the roster, they got worse each season.  And don't even bother saying that rex had little influence in personnel decisions.  He had control and and Tanny did whatever Rexy wanted.  Rex was horrendous. 

You mean the playoff games he won that Mangini couldn't?? And that was with a rookie and 2nd year Sanchez.. Poor Mangini had Chad and Farve, the same Chad that went to the 1-15 Fins and won the Brady less East in 2008..LOL Rex also had the top running game and Defense something Mangini never did.. Again sorry Dcat I'm just using facts which you sadly can't do..:) 

5 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Where does that say he practiced well?    it says he showed he matured, not practiced well.

Geno matured last year....you saw it in practice   

If this statement isn't clear enough for you then so be it.  I'm satisfied that his HC saw improvement.

4 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Come on junc, Bledsoe threw for over 4,000 yards and 27 TD's that year.

CuMar rushed for 1,100 yards that year. That's a whopping 68 yards per game.

RB's do not carry teams on their back, QB's do.

LMFAO - funny how little Cheatriots fans remember anything before Brady.  Your team scored 7 TD's that postseason, Curtis scored 5 of them. 

He was your offense on the drive that should that have put you guys back in the game in the Super Bowl...then the very next kick off, Desmond took it to the house.

It never ceases to amaze me how much more I know about the Cheatriots than their "fans". 

Archived