Jets Free Agency Rumors

hawk

5 hours ago, jgb said:

But I read on here we won't be signing anyone because they're too expensive??

I have faith Macc is going to land us some under the radar studs this offseason I don't see us getting into a bidding war on anyone though.

Nick Fairly is bomb.  He's no Snacks, but Bowles' defense isn't predicated on getting QB pressure from the NT.  In fact, I don't think ANY defense draws up the kind of pressure that Snacks could bring; but everything Harrison brought to this defense has been icing on the cake.  At the nose, we just need a plugger, and that is something we could have in Fairly.

What we really need for this defense to shine, is some speed at the second level.   All those tackles (72 combined), forced fumbles (1), and sacks (0.5) that Harrison brought to the team last year can be replaced (and improved upon) by better linebacker play.   

4 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I hope we never get to find out just how important Snacks was to our defense

I think we already did considering he sat half the time the past two years. Did anyone notice? Nope nope nope 

The run defense will drop a little, but the general idea is to get faster and play the far more important pass.

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

I think we already did considering he sat half the time the past two years. Did anyone notice? Nope nope nope 

I know your opinion, so know mine. 

If it were up to me, I would have Franchise Harrison and let Wilkerson hit the free agent market .  In this coming draft, I could replace Wilkerson in the 2nd round .

35 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

If it were up to me, I would have Franchise Harrison and let Wilkerson hit the free agent market .  In this coming draft, I could replace Wilkerson in the 2nd round .

I hate this line, but it legitimately works here:

Praise Jah you are not running the team, that's horrendous.

My opinion has a basis in the reality of Harrison getting taken off the field half the time over the past two seasons and his value being tied into stopping a less valuable and used aspect of offense. There is no basis for your opinion here beyond more opinion (NTs are rare and indispensible, I assume). Dropping $13+ million on Harrison might be the single worst idea in an offseason full of horrible, misguided, and misinformed opinions on the DL so far.

7 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

I'm so bored.

when does the excitement start? Wednesday?

this sucks. I planned NFL network all night, now I have to spend time with my wife and kids.

this board will go stoic at 4:00 wednesday afternoon

6 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

My opinion has a basis in the reality of Harrison getting taken off the field half the time over the past two seasons and his value being tied into stopping a less valuable and used aspect of offense. There is no basis for your opinion here beyond more opinion (NTs are rare and indispensible, I assume). Dropping $13+ million on Harrison might be the single worst idea in an offseason full of horrible, misguided, and misinformed opinions on the DL so far.

I get it, but I don't agree .

On my 34 defense, I spend my money on 2 OLBer  the NT the CBs and a MLBer who can run, cover  and hit . I would also love a safety who can run and hit .

6 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I get it, but I don't agree .

Seems pretty rampant on this board this offseason to not let reality get in the way of precious opinions, no matter how poorly thought out. I really find it odd. NT just doesn't have the on field walue people seem to be imagining.

54 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

You can replace an all-pro DT with a second round pick, guaranteed? Rightttt

2 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

I have faith Macc is going to land us some under the radar studs this offseason I don't see us getting into a bidding war on anyone though.

I really do think most fans think FA is like an auction draft in a fantasy league.

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

You've really changed your tune over the years... Mount Cody comes to mind.

ESPN's Adam Caplan reports the Raiders are "one of a bunch" of teams with interest in free agent Chris Ivory.

According to Caplan, the Raiders are "looking for a power back to pair with Latavius Murray." Roy Helu flopped as a free-agent signing last offseason as the complement to Murray, who looked like he was wearing down during the second half of the year as Oakland's workhorse. Ivory is expected to have a strong market and should be able to net $3-4 million per year on a new deal.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

ESPN's Adam Caplan reports the Raiders are "one of a bunch" of teams with interest in free agent Chris Ivory.

According to Caplan, the Raiders are "looking for a power back to pair with Latavius Murray." Roy Helu flopped as a free-agent signing last offseason as the complement to Murray, who looked like he was wearing down during the second half of the year as Oakland's workhorse. Ivory is expected to have a strong market and should be able to net $3-4 million per year on a new deal.

but i was told he'd never find work again because expensive or something.

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Thanks King. I hope Ivory signs elsewhere and we bring back Powel, sign LT Beachum, OLB Junior Galette, ILBJerrell Freeman or Rolando McClain

and a "FREAKING PUNTER"!!!

Yeah, Junior Galette and Rolando McClain on the Jets definitely wouldn't go catastrophically wrong. Can't miss.

2 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Yeah, Junior Galette and Rolando McClain on the Jets definitely wouldn't go catastrophically wrong. Can't miss.

On the field these boys can get after it.

With $6m in cap room and maybe another $8m coming, we need to get guys who are hungry to prove themselves for the next big paycheck and won't cost a lot

Galette will be fine.... McClain will be the one who has to strap in and hold it together

Nothing ventured, nothing gained

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

On the field these boys can get after it.

With $6m in cap room and maybe another $8m coming, we need to get guys who are hungry to prove themselves for the next big paycheck and won't cost a lot

Galette will be fine.... McClain will be the one who has to strap in and hold it together

Nothing ventured, nothing gained

Where's the $8 Million coming from?

Archived