Gather your pitchforks, light your torches...

sirlancemehlot

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And go to my blog where I say he doesnt weant JJ Watt money.  Its just as useless and means nothing.

And he should get Watt money, Watts deal is old and when Watt signs his new deal it will blow the last one away.  Whats this idiotic football contention that no one can make more than Watt.

YOU have a blog???!! OMG, that's laughable. ROFLMFAO

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, kmnj said:

no they said they tried to trade into the first round to get lynch

they said it and Lynch's agent said it

so all parties involved said it....

And lots of teams say lots of shlt when theyre working a draft room.

They also said exactly what I wrote.  If they wanted Lynch they could have moved up and gotten him.  They didnt, says it all

4 hours ago, Powpow said:

He didn't win GM of the year. He 'won' executive of the year.  For what that's worth, Jerry Jones won the same award the year before.  Not exactly something to brag about. 

I see now being recognized for your work is now a bad thing when it is one of our own

I get it, I do. I really do:rolleyes:

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

I see now being recognized for your work is now a bad thing when it is one of our own

This is what we've come to.  Looking for ways to cast a shadow over winning the Exec of the Year Award.

Its now a bad thing, lol

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And go to my blog where I say he doesnt weant JJ Watt money.  Its just as useless and means nothing.

And he should get Watt money, Watts deal is old and when Watt signs his new deal it will blow the last one away.  Whats this idiotic football contention that no one can make more than Watt.

Mo shouldn't get more than Watt. But he should get more than Malik Jackson.

Which would be interesting given how similar the two deals are! :-) 

2 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

You can get the same response about our players being voted to the Pro Bowl.

Doesn't make it - he sucks / we can't develop talent

Makes it - goddamn, now we'll never re-sign him. It's just a popularity contest anyway

Just now, jamesr said:

Mo shouldn't get more than Watt. But he should get more than Malik Jackson.

Which would be interesting given how similar the two deals are! :-) 

Again this is a phenomena only known on Jet boards.  Stanton isnt the best baseball player, is the highest paid.  Tanaka shouldnt be one of the highest paid pitchers, but is and on and on it goes.  Somehow a 4 year old contract for Watt is the line in the sand.  Since when, never.  Has nothing to do with whos the best player, has everything to do with whos a FA, when and talent.  

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Again this is a phenomena only known on Jet boards.  Stanton isnt the best baseball player, is the highest paid.  Tanaka shouldnt be one of the highest paid pitchers, but is and on and on it goes.  Somehow a 4 year old contract for Watt is the line in the sand.  Since when, never.  Has nothing to do with whos the best player, has everything to do with whos a FA, when and talent.  

Couldn't agree more! (I know zero about baseball, but I agree 100% with everything else :-) ).

It looks like the Jets were and are very open to trading Mo. And reports said they weren't even asking for a 1st round pick which he obviously is worth. I mean who would you rather have, Mo, a proven player or a prospect. So assuming this is true the entire holdup with Mo is about money. 

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

5 teams tried to trade up and get him -also 24 teams did not need qbs so to talk about 24 teams passing on him makes you look foolish

I thought it would be tough to look sillier than you did in your last post but you managed to do it.  So in your opinion, 24 teams did not NEED Dan Marino?  Whether they needed a QB or not, if they were as certain as you are that Dan Marino was there, they would have taken him.  THAT, I am certain of.  Teams like NO, Pitt, NYG, who have a settled QB would certainly have taken Dan Marino in round 1.  In fact it is absolutely certain that if Dan Marino was available, he would have gone #1 and not in the late 20's as the 3rd QB off the board.    

How do you know 5 teams tried to trade up?  Only Dallas has gone on record about this and Dallas also passed on Dan Marino in round 1 so that blows your theory, doesn't it?

You think that you can fool people into believing you know what you are talking about by being super simplistic and misguidedly certain about a complicated and imperfect process of finding a franchise QB.   

On 3/8/2016 at 1:09 PM, dbatesman said:

I think the opposite is the case. Maccagnan inherited an 4-12 embarrassment captained by two buffoons, so fielding anything remotely resembling a professional team last year would have been acceptable to most people. Instead he breaks the bank and wins 10 games, which sounds great, but actually shortens his leash. Part of this is the chokejob against the Bills, which means any residual good feelings about the season as a whole are shot through with anger and resentment. But the main problem is that our owner, media, and fans have a collective IQ in the mid-double digits, so they expect the arrow to constantly be pointing up, meaning that any patience that anyone may have had for a rebuild is now completely gone and if we don't make the playoffs next season, 2017 becomes do-or-die (leading to all sorts of delightful short-term fixes that the next guy will have to clean up, thus beginning the cycle anew). Right now, I'd say it's even money we have a new coach and GM in two years.

not sure the exact dollar amount but i'm pretty sure he needed to spend a good chunk of the cap anyway. the cba doesn't allow for teams to just sit on cap space....you have to spend a majority of it or you are not in compliance with the rules

33 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

It's called putting things in perspective. I have already posted many times that I do not believe this team is good enough to win any more than 6 games as an absolute ceiling this season. Now if that happens, will that dampen the shine even a little bit on the Executive of the year award that Mac won? And if it doesn't you're a homer just like the rest of the sold out dingbats on this site. The job is to build the roster and make the team better year by year and ultimately win the SB. It isn't to win Executive of the year award in your rookie year and meanwhile the Jets get WORSE each and every year since but you keep holding on to Mac winning that Executive of the Year award. That's called telling a partial truth.

2 hours ago, slats said:

It's not complaining, its not apologizing, it's putting them in perspective. The Jets won 10 games against the easist schedule in the league last year. 

Why do people talk about an easy schedule?  If the Jets had gone 0-16 each opponent would have a better records hence a stronger schedule.  The point is that the Jets contributed to their opponents looking weak.  

Look, here is a fan base who loves to bash their own team. Even when we have some success they try to find reasons why we suck. They can't stand or accept prosperity. The Jets with Fitz who will be signed are making the playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look, here is a fan base who loves to bash their own team. Even when we have some success they try to find reasons why we suck. They can't stand or accept prosperity. The Jets with Fitz who will be signed are making the playoffs. 

I will be willing to bet that is not true. For the sake of the board and just a gentlemen's bet, I will bet you say, $50 right now which says the Jets will not even come close to making the playoffs. They will in fact be closer to winning the 1st overall pick than they will be to making the playoffs. You game? The loser pays Jetsnation $50..........

39 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

I will be willing to bet that is not true. For the sake of the board and just a gentlemen's bet, I will bet you say, $50 right now which says the Jets will not even come close to making the playoffs. They will in fact be closer to winning the 1st overall pick than they will be to making the playoffs. You game? The loser pays Jetsnation $50..........

So you're a Jets fan and you're betting against our team. That's a bet! Let's make it $100?.

On March 8, 2016 at 0:04 PM, sirlancemehlot said:

Because I'm going to do the unthinkable.  Criticize Mike Macagnan.  I hated Tannenbaum because he pissed away money (read: cap space) like a drunken sailor.  Well.  Idzik, love him or hate him, he fixed the Tannenbaum problem.  He cut dead weight,  signed very few, and turned the Jets cap into one of the best situations in the league, from one of the worst.  One year removed and we're in the worst cap hell in the league.  And we're about to lose our starting running back, nose tackle, quarterback, and already cut our #2 corner.  This isn't Idzik vs. Mac.  It's Mac vs. 31 other GM's in the league.  Take a deep breath now, and give me running start...Mac did a bad job.  

I love fans...we went from 4-12 to 10-6, oh and by the way he had to spend money due to the CBA. Also we are in good shape cap wise in 2017. Mac was Executive of the Year and now he sucks. 

35 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

So you're a Jets fans and you're betting against our team. That's a bet! Let's make it $100?.

Well, that's a little more than I traditionally bet, but you've got a deal. I would be happy to eat crow and pay jets nation if the Jets can somehow get lucky and make the playoffs. However, I don't believe they have a snowballs chance in hell of making the playoffs.

So to finalize the terms of the bet, if the Jets do NOT make the playoffs, I win. If the Jets DO make the playoffs YOU win. Correct?

2 hours ago, Mainejet said:

Well, that's a little more than I traditionally bet, but you've got a deal. I would be happy to eat crow and pay jets nation if the Jets can somehow get lucky and make the playoffs. However, I don't believe they have a snowballs chance in hell of making the playoffs.

So to finalize the terms of the bet, if the Jets do NOT make the playoffs, I win. If the Jets DO make the playoffs YOU win. Correct?

Yes!!! :lol: go Jets in 2016. 

2 hours ago, Mainejet said:

Just one caveat on this bet. If Fitz signs with the Jets the bet is on. If he doesn't and it's Geno no bet. I'm not that crazy. Your choice either $50 or $100. Why not the money going to charity of the winner's choice. (We don't qualify as charities). Ok?

5 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

They should call it the Jerry Jones Man of the Year award.  Jones wining it has totally caused it to lose all credibility.  And did mac really do that great of a job to win it?  Pure fortune that the jets finished 10-6. Everyone had them as mediocre to bad around 5-11.  If Fitz hadn't turned into Dan Fouts and played 'like Fitz', we would have been around that 5-11 mark.  And no one would have blamed Mac, even me, for it.  At the same time, I'm not giving him boatloads of credit either for Fitz having a breakout, Cinderella type season.  Even with his great season this team came dangerously close to being very average. We won numerous games by the skin of our teeth and won some games we surely should have lost.  We squeaked past the Jags, Cowboys, Pats and Giants. We could have easily lost 3 of those 4.  EASILY. That would have brought the record to 7-9 instead of 10-6.  And we played horribly in most of the loses.  Still 7-9 would have been more than acceptable.  But at what expense since the budget was drained with over priced contracts that has really hurt this upcoming 2016 season.  Mac - Exec of the Year? Nah. More like 'Exec who stepped in a big pile of doo doo of the Year' for having Fitz play lights out.   

5 hours ago, Mainejet said:

It's called putting things in perspective. I have already posted many times that I do not believe this team is good enough to win any more than 6 games as an absolute ceiling this season. Now if that happens, will that dampen the shine even a little bit on the Executive of the year award that Mac won? And if it doesn't you're a homer just like the rest of the sold out dingbats on this site. The job is to build the roster and make the team better year by year and ultimately win the SB. It isn't to win Executive of the year award in your rookie year and meanwhile the Jets get WORSE each and every year since but you keep holding on to Mac winning that Executive of the Year award. That's called telling a partial truth.

You do realize the award is executive of the YEAR.  Not of two years.  See problem with short sighted fans like you is you make stupid predictions off of your own opinion and then call it truth.

im still waiting for your answers from before.  The OLman you wanted to draft at 20 etc.. Lots of complaining without a clue for an answer 

Which OL do you think was better at 20 than a LB, a position of need, ranked by some in the top 10?  I know, youre clueless and think hes, "a midget", but again, youre clueless.

Who would you have traded Mo to?  Love this, its like the idiot Yankee fans who call Francessa and wanted to trade a loser player for a Harper or Stanton.  What do you think you know and can do to make a trade over someone who does this for a living?  How can anyone be that full of themselves.  As if Macc really wasnt trying to trade him.  Or only called 2 teams.  Who do you know that youre so sure you would have traded Mo.  But keeping one of your best players, not giving him away is an automatic F.  

Lets face it, you hate Macc for not living in your make believe world, where whatever you want, whichever player you've read about, is available just for the asking

6 hours ago, neckdemon said:

not sure the exact dollar amount but i'm pretty sure he needed to spend a good chunk of the cap anyway. the cba doesn't allow for teams to just sit on cap space....you have to spend a majority of it or you are not in compliance with the rules

Careful. All the armchair GMs will tell you that he should have just signed all these players to one year deals. Easier said than done....for a million reasons. 

On Tuesday, March 08, 2016 at 1:16 PM, UnitedWhofans said:

Plus honestly, what's the worst thing that can happen?

They go 4-12 and they get a high draft pick, thus continuing the rebuilding process. If the fans can't stand the heat of rebuilding, get out of the kitchen

It can't be a rebuild only when it's convenient.  If this is a rebuild, stop signing 30+ years old vets and trading picks.  The truth of the matter, we only hear the word "rebuild" from homer fans.  I have yet to hear, read or see anything from the current FO that supports this claim.  Everything they've done suggests the opposite; it seems we are more of a win now mode.

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Just one caveat on this bet. If Fitz signs with the Jets the bet is on. If he doesn't and it's Geno no bet. I'm not that crazy. Your choice either $50 or $100. Why not the money going to charity of the winner's choice. (We don't qualify as charities). Ok?

OK. That sounds good. I believe Fitz will resign and hence the bet will also be in play. But based on their schedule and what little good Mac did for this roster in the offseason, I still think 6 games is their absolute best. Your choice 50 or 100?

And ahhhh, the truth comes out from an unassuming fan about Geno! Geno sucks and I don't believe anyone would want to bet assuming that creep were the QB.

On 2016-03-08 at 0:04 PM, sirlancemehlot said:

Because I'm going to do the unthinkable.  Criticize Mike Macagnan.  I hated Tannenbaum because he pissed away money (read: cap space) like a drunken sailor.  Well.  Idzik, love him or hate him, he fixed the Tannenbaum problem.  He cut dead weight,  signed very few, and turned the Jets cap into one of the best situations in the league, from one of the worst.  One year removed and we're in the worst cap hell in the league.  And we're about to lose our starting running back, nose tackle, quarterback, and already cut our #2 corner.  This isn't Idzik vs. Mac.  It's Mac vs. 31 other GM's in the league.  Take a deep breath now, and give me running start...Mac did a bad job.  

This is PRIME example as to why Jets fans are deemed the worst.

17 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Mac stepped into so much untethered cash in his rookie year it's hard to say he deserves executive of the year. He signed a ton of talent with all the cap space he inherited. But he didn't take care of the home grown talent. Lean years ahead If you ask me 

Glad no one did 

13 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Why do we need a referendum on our GM every 6 weeks? 

He turned a bad team into a 10-6 team in  year 1. There hasn't been a year 2. Can you twitter generation posters learn some patience? 

And so he beat 8 teams with a losing record out of the 10 you're pounding your chest about and lost 6 games against teams with below or barely above .500 record besides Pats. And he was handed a boatload of cap along with high draft picks. I've said it numerous times here and I'll say it again. I'm not getting my knees for Mac, you guys can. He throws away picks n cash all the time like trader Mike when he was supposed to be the GM with a great eye for talent. His draft hasn't hit home, besides Leo falling in his lap. 

Archived