Broncos in touch with fitzpatric's agent

njjetman

The Broncos have "been in touch" with Jets free agent Ryan Fitzpatick's agent, according to the NFL Network's Mike Silver (March 10). Denver's reported interest in Fitzpatrick adds yet another wrinkle to his negotations with the Jets. Earlier Thursday, the parties were reported to be "nowhere close" to an agreement. The Broncos need to replace Brock Osweiler, who bolted for Houston Wednesday. They are also reportedly interested in the 49ers' Colin Kaepernick, but haven't settled on what San Francisco would get in return. The Jets have also reportedly expressed interest in Kaepernick.

In truth Denver would be the far superior play for Fitz and if he should get 18 million in say an incentive laden deal from Denver I will root for him from afar and wish him all the luck for a SB trophy.  He was a good guy for us  

But the Jets and Broncos are totally different teams. The Broncos just won a SB with a phenomenal defense while the Jets were a good but flawed defense and that is a big difference.

At the end of the day it is simple math IMO the Broncos can probably win another SB with Fitz under center while the Jets more than likely would not.   For them he could be worth 18 million but for us no way. 

6 minutes ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

They just won a Super Bowl with a QB that had more interceptions and TWENTY TWO LESS TOUCHDOWN PASSES than Fitz. To think he couldn't have major success there is absurd.

Does Denver have the easiest schedule in the league next season?

Just now, UpstateJetsGuru said:

You're right...I forgot, Fitz's season doesn't count. With a tougher schedule, he is sure to struggle to reach Manning's lofty 9 TD's and 17 INT's. What the hell am I thinking?

Fitz will throw 20 INT minimum up there, assuming he's not benched by then 

15 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

In truth Denver would be the far superior play for Fitz and if he should get 18 million in say an incentive laden deal from Denver I will root for him from afar and wish him all the luck for a SB trophy.  He was a good guy for us  

But the Jets and Broncos are totally different teams. The Broncos just won a SB with a phenomenal defense while the Jets were a good but flawed defense and that is a big difference.

At the end of the day it is simple math IMO the Broncos can probably win another SB with Fitz under center while the Jets more than likely would not.   For them he could be worth 18 million but for us no way. 

That bronco team lost some key members on that defense that made that defense elite. Right now I would say the Chiefs have to be the favorites in the Afc West. The Broncos aren't winning the Afc West with Ryan Fitzpatrick as their Qb.

Just now, Raideraholic said:

That bronco team lost some key members on that defense that made that defense elite. Right now I would say the Chiefs have to be the favorites in the Afc West. The Broncos aren't winning the Afc West with Ryan Fitzpatrick as their Qb.

Or a playoff game. Elway's not stupid, he's just trying to keep up appearances so he doesn't get fleeced in a trade

I could see Elway liking Fitz. Ryan has  been in many different systems so he can learn a new offense fast. Plus he's a gutsy player and can extend plays with his legs. He's a likable player for fans and tough critics like Elway.  But overall I think that Elway probably does not respect his game. He wants a Qb with more talent. We saw that with Timmy, he couldn't stand his game or lack of talent. So no matter what spin we're hearing I can see him in the long run being willing to meet the 49ers price. That is unless the Browns can top the offer with better draft picks. Who knows maybe Elway would give up his 31st overall when push comes to shove. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

I don't see too many destinations where Fitz can be the starter. 

This is why I think he ends up back with the Jets, but nobody with an ounce of pride would be willing to take less than half of what others who are worse at their jobs are getting.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

This is why I think he ends up back with the Jets, but nobody with an ounce of pride would be willing to take less than half of what others who are worse at their jobs are getting.

Based on what we're hearing Mac is only giving him lowball offers. KInd of a higher end deal for a backup. But he has turned them down. Sure he'll take the 21 million if he doesn't get a better offer. He has pride but he's not going to cut his nose to spite his face either. 21 million is a lot of money. 

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Based on what we're hearing Mac is only giving him lowball offers. KInd of a higher end deal for a backup. But he has turned them down. Sure he'll take the 21 million if he doesn't get a better offer. He has pride but he's not going to cut his nose to spite his face either. 21 million is a lot of money. 

Would really be a steal if they get him in that range when you look at what Bradford and some other QB's got.

I file this under 'duh. 

Elway wants Kap, the 49ers want as much as possible for him, Elway is using Fitz as leverage.  Elway knows Fitz's arm can't handle Colorado.  But Elway has also made it clear by letting Osweiler go that he can draw a line in the sand and stay firm so perhaps he won't give in to the 49ers demands so it makes sense to kick the tires on one of the only viable Qb's available, in Fitz. 

But still, the 49ers almost have to trade Kap and Elway knows it.  Kap hates the FO, extreme mistrust there, Kap has a high salary, the 49ers need to move him.

2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I file this under 'duh. 

Elway wants Kap, the 49ers want as much as possible for him, Elway is using Fitz as leverage.  Elway knows Fitz's arm can't handle Colorado.  But Elway has also made it clear by letting Osweiler go that he can draw a line in the sand and stay firm so perhaps he won't give in to the 49ers demands so it makes sense to kick the tires on one of the only viable Qb's available, in Fitz. 

But still, the 49ers almost have to trade Kap and Elway knows it.  Kap hates the FO, extreme mistrust there, Kap has a high salary, the 49ers need to move him.

Kap was also riding the pine last year while Fitz was slinging 31 TD's.

2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I file this under 'duh. 

Yep.... I don't think the 49ers have anyplace else to go with Kap. It's Denver or they pay the man or cut him.

They'll get a deal done, Fitz comes back to NY and all is right in the football universe.

Kap has a problem with the 49ers organization. Maybe it had to do with the infighting they had with Harbaugh who was quoted yesterday as saying that Kap could still be a great player. Obviously the smartest guy in that org was Harbaugh and they let him go.

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Kap has a problem with the 49ers organization. Maybe it had to do with the infighting they had with Harbaugh who was quoted yesterday as saying that Kap could still be a great player. Obviously the smartest guy in that org was Harbaugh and they let him go.

the GM is a world class jackass, he got rid of a winner because he was hard to deal with

If someone else wants to pay Fitzpatrick 18M God bless them. If he wants to play for less than 12 on a short term deal, come on home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to mention Fitz is smarter than your average bear he knows if he can ride that Denver D to a ring it opens a lot of post-playing opportunities such as the broadcast booth if he is so inclined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

They just won a Super Bowl with a QB that had more interceptions and TWENTY TWO LESS TOUCHDOWN PASSES than Fitz. To think he couldn't have major success there is absurd.

Right, they just won a super bowl, have zero pressure to win again and Elway is not the kind of guy to "settle" for a journeyman QB like Fitz. I could be wrong but if they sign Fitz, they will likely also draft a QB in the 1st round or 2 that will get every chance to start week 1. The Jets are less likely to do so. 

I just don't see Elway as the kind of guy to bring in a journeyman QB as his number 1 option. 

Its a bluff or a last resort. The Broncos wouldn't pay their guy big money, there is no way they pay Fitz. I would imagine Emanuel Sanders would instantly ask to be traded if Fitz was their starter as he would no longer be a deep threat to anyone.

8 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

obviously Fitz's agent put this out there to gain leverage. Do you think Denver is going to pay a career backup $18m while they are trying to keep Von Miller and a host of other guys? 

and the jets put the kaep leak out to gain leverage

the browns are lurking and are the team that may do something really dumb with fitz.  not $18, but maybe $14

Archived