Broncos in touch with fitzpatric's agent

njjetman

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Zero chance Elway will guarantee fitz the staying job.  Fitz knows that his best chance to start is with the Jets and he's too old to pass up that chance. 

If he signs there hes got the starting job.  Whos going to compete and beat Fitz out in Denver?
Petty is more competition that anyone in Denver

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

In truth Denver would be the far superior play for Fitz and if he should get 18 million in say an incentive laden deal from Denver I will root for him from afar and wish him all the luck for a SB trophy.  He was a good guy for us  

But the Jets and Broncos are totally different teams. The Broncos just won a SB with a phenomenal defense while the Jets were a good but flawed defense and that is a big difference.

At the end of the day it is simple math IMO the Broncos can probably win another SB with Fitz under center while the Jets more than likely would not.   For them he could be worth 18 million but for us no way. 

Well put.  Funny thing is I've been convince Jets are only place for Fitz. But you make a good point here.  "Damn you Charlie Brown!"

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

That bronco team lost some key members on that defense that made that defense elite. Right now I would say the Chiefs have to be the favorites in the Afc West. The Broncos aren't winning the Afc West with Ryan Fitzpatrick as their Qb.

Ok so Fitz signs with Denver and they win the AFC West.  Got it thanks.  

I like the guy who pointed out in one of these threDs that Osweiller & Fitz have the same agent (Jimmy Sexton) ... And that Elway has to be a little p*$$ed at him for the way way the Osweiller to Houston thing went down.  Really can't imagine Elway being able to bring himself to pony up  the $$$ for Fitz that he supposedly refused to pay Osweiller ... That's some BIG egg on the face for a living legend to handle!

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

That bronco team lost some key members on that defense that made that defense elite. Right now I would say the Chiefs have to be the favorites in the Afc West. The Broncos aren't winning the Afc West with Ryan Fitzpatrick as their Qb.

Funny I keep thinking that KC wont win the AFCW with Alex Smith at QB

The only reason KC is favored today is because Denver doesnt have a QB...today

As soon as they sign someone, anyone, they go back to being the favorite

If they feel their window is now and one or two more years only then it makes sense with that defense.

If they are building for a sustained attempt to stay in the conversation for a number of years then they need someone younger.  That and a good deal of luck.

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

I file this under 'duh. 

Elway wants Kap, the 49ers want as much as possible for him, Elway is using Fitz as leverage.  Elway knows Fitz's arm can't handle Colorado.  But Elway has also made it clear by letting Osweiler go that he can draw a line in the sand and stay firm so perhaps he won't give in to the 49ers demands so it makes sense to kick the tires on one of the only viable Qb's available, in Fitz. 

But still, the 49ers almost have to trade Kap and Elway knows it.  Kap hates the FO, extreme mistrust there, Kap has a high salary, the 49ers need to move him.

"Elway knows Fitz's arm can't handle Colorado..." 

What the hell does that even mean!?!?!?

I lived in Colorado for a decade.  If anything,  it's easier to throw in the thin air.  Ball travels further and seemed to spiral better because of less "drag" in the dry climate.

3 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I lived in Colorado for a decade.  If anything,  it's easier to throw in the thin air.  Ball travels further and seemed to spiral better because of less "drag" in the dry climate.

Was wondering about this too.  Fitz isnt Manning who's neck injury would act up from the cold and effect what little arm strength he had left.

6 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I think it means he'll get stoned just from walking around outside there ;)

1 hour ago, jgb said:

If someone else wants to pay Fitzpatrick 18M God bless them. If he wants to play for less than 12 on a short term deal, come on home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's not worth anywhere remotely near 12 million. 6-7 or he can go fcuk himself.

Just now, johnnysd said:

He's not worth anywhere remotely near 12 million. 6-7 or he can go fcuk himself.

Well we can certainly disagree on price. But when Geno is the backup plan, 12 million doesn't sound very crazy to me. That said I hope we get him back for as low as we can. If Macc gets him back sub-$10M, he deserves a ton of credit for not panicking.

40 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Funny I keep thinking that KC wont win the AFCW with Alex Smith at QB

The only reason KC is favored today is because Denver doesnt have a QB...today

As soon as they sign someone, anyone, they go back to being the favorite

No whatever option that out there at Qb that the Broncos could add,( Crapernick, Rg111, or Ryan Fitzpatrick) they still will have the fourth best Qb in the division. 

The Broncos lost some keys members on both sides of the football.  They don't have enough to win by their defense alone.     

For all the grief people give Alex Smith, all his teams do is win games. ( he doesn't make too many mistakes) .

6 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Brady's new contract pays him $1MM in salary for 2016 and 2017.

Man I hate Brady. But the guy has signed team friendly deals for years allowing them the flexibility to sign and retain talent.  Other than being really douchy that's one thing I've always felt he deserved credit for.  I guess marrying a woman with a net worth of nearly half a billion dollars helps him to be magnanimous with Kraft's money..

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

Cold snowy weather. Thought that would be apparent.  Understand the physics of thin air, more touch backs, and the Bends and sickle cell crises.

cold snowy weather- Less control, less accuaracy- some teams have even been rumored to heat and/or deflate and/or doctor balls to gain a competitive advantage.

8 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

In truth Denver would be the far superior play for Fitz and if he should get 18 million in say an incentive laden deal from Denver I will root for him from afar and wish him all the luck for a SB trophy.  He was a good guy for us  

But the Jets and Broncos are totally different teams. The Broncos just won a SB with a phenomenal defense while the Jets were a good but flawed defense and that is a big difference.

At the end of the day it is simple math IMO the Broncos can probably win another SB with Fitz under center while the Jets more than likely would not.   For them he could be worth 18 million but for us no way. 

There are very few flawed franchises who have won SB's with elite QB's as a matter of fact there are no teams that won a SB based on the QB alone ... none. Either you have a team that can compete in the playoffs and make it to the SB or you don't. If it was only about the QB then SB repeats would be the norm and they are not.

This fan base  has a warped view of the position as a whole because its been so long since we have had a viable option. Sure a QB is a very important part of the equasion but hes not the only part and last year Fitz did just about as good as any QB would have done here. He battled not being ready in the beginning of the season still not right from the broken leg yet he still played good enough to win and not make mistakes. Why do I think Fitz was the best man for the job last year ?? Because he was familiar with the offense and he was the guy who played a huge part helping the offense with the learning curve and he did it without a safety valve or a TE for most of the season. The 4 games Powell was healthy and showed some burst this offense clicked. Now with 3 very good options in Forte Robinson and Powell this team could be huge in the ball control passing game.

Fitz can eclipse last years numbers with the new additions and could do even more with a viable option at TE. This team is built to win now if we have a good draft at the LB position and get faster on defense. Playing with fire and losing Fitz is a seriously dumb move even mentioning Geno Smith is even dumber. if we do happen to lose Fitz Petty has to be the guy and if he gets it great if not then we wasted signings in. Revis, Forte, Gilchrist, and Carpenter because a rebuilding team never makes those signings.  

11 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

if they didnt want to pay brock this much they sure a sh*t arent going to pay fitzpatrick this much

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

There are very few flawed franchises who have won SB's with elite QB's as a matter of fact there are no teams that won a SB based on the QB alone ... none. Either you have a team that can compete in the playoffs and make it to the SB or you don't. If it was only about the QB then SB repeats would be the norm and they are not.

This fan base  has a warped view of the position as a whole because its been so long since we have had a viable option. Sure a QB is a very important part of the equasion but hes not the only part and last year Fitz did just about as good as any QB would have done here. He battled not being ready in the beginning of the season still not right from the broken leg yet he still played good enough to win and not make mistakes. Why do I think Fitz was the best man for the job last year ?? Because he was familiar with the offense and he was the guy who played a huge part helping the offense with the learning curve and he did it without a safety valve or a TE for most of the season. The 4 games Powell was healthy and showed some burst this offense clicked. Now with 3 very good options in Forte Robinson and Powell this team could be huge in the ball control passing game.

Fitz can eclipse last years numbers with the new additions and could do even more with a viable option at TE. This team is built to win now if we have a good draft at the LB position and get faster on defense. Playing with fire and losing Fitz is a seriously dumb move even mentioning Geno Smith is even dumber. if we do happen to lose Fitz Petty has to be the guy and if he gets it great if not then we wasted signings in. Revis, Forte, Gilchrist, and Carpenter because a rebuilding team never makes those signings.  

there is a reason why a huge percentage of the past 15 superbowl teams are dominated by teams with elite qb's. hell brady has been in 6 of them, peyton 2, ben i think 2......if thats not proof for an elite qb then idk what is. disclaimer....these numbers were off the top of my head so i could be slightly off

13 hours ago, Larz said:

and the jets put the kaep leak out to gain leverage

the browns are lurking and are the team that may do something really dumb with fitz.  not $18, but maybe $14

And besides, if Denver can keep its defensive juggernaut together, it can sign a Trent Dilfer-like mediocre QB for far less. Let's face it, while everyone was rooting for Peyton last year (including me) his job last year was to not make mistakes and not turn the ball over, and just let the defense do it's job. 

Archived