Sanchez traded to Broncos!

pointman

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Uh.... YES IT IS. THAT'S THE ******* DEFINITION OF A GAME MANAGER. A game manager is a player who doesn't take many risks and allows the talent around him to thrive.

He took risks all season long, throwing into triple coverage or fumbling holding the ball while waiting to throw deep.  He didn't ever reduce the risk.  He increased the risk.

In so doing, he ended up a career backup, because he's never been able to provide the upside to make up for those tendencies. 

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

I just deal in reality, you keep crowing about meaningless #s that didn't help us win.

You mean that Sanchez is the reason the Jets made the playoffs in 09 & 10 but had nothing to do with missing the playoffs every year after that?

The reality where you believe it still is 09 or 10?

The reality where you think he's going to start in Denver? 

That kind of reality world?  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

He took risks all season long, throwing into triple coverage or fumbling holding the ball while waiting to throw deep.  He didn't every reduce the risk.  He increased the risk.

The team limited him, right? And they succeeded

THAT'S WHAT THE BRONCOS ARE GOING TO DO.

Jeez........... It's not that hard.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So who wants to tell me, with any sense of certainty, that the Fitz we saw a year ago wouldnt have made the playoffs with the Jets of 09 & 10???

Its really hard to say those things, reason being is that its easy to look at the stats and say that we could have easily made the playoffs. However, we actually had a chance to easily do so in week 17 this year and we seen what happened. 

The bottomline is that Sanchez has a history in the playoffs, Fitzpatrick doesnt. 

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

The team limited him, right? And they succeeded

Jeez........... It's not that hard.

No, the team carried him to the postseason.  The Broncos aren't going to do any more with him other than ask him to be the backup.  He's not a starter, he's not a game manager, and he's not any good.  You're wrong in every possible way.

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, he wasn't.  We were a run heavy team, and when he threw, he took big risks and turned it over like it was his job.  The Jets responded by trying to get him to take less risks or find other ways to hide him.  That's not the mark of a game manager.

the bulk of his TOs were in 2009 as a rookie(when discussing '09 and '10), 15 of the 20 INts came in 4 games.  the other 11 starts he threw just 5 INTs, in 2010 he threw just 13 and 2 of them were bogus from the packer game that should have been either incomplete or at the least a fumble.  Our team was led by the pass game on O in 2010 unlike 2009 where we were run first.  the pass game got us to 11 wins and to another title game.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, the team carried him to the postseason.  The Broncos aren't going to do any more with him other than ask him to be the backup.  He's not a starter, he's not a game manager, and he's not any good.  You're wrong in every possible way.

they didn't carry anything, truly great D's aren't carrying a QB to 4 road playoff wins and we didn't have a great D- we had a very good D.  mark was vital to both runs.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh My God..............

What an idiot you are.

They just won the Super Bowl with a broken down man. They think they can the Super Bowl with Mark Sanchez starting. DON'T YOU GET IT?

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Denver still needs another qb......

Nah man, they're going to carry just 1 QB:  Mark Sanchez.  Yeah that's who.  Game manager extraordinaire.  That's who John Elway wants to take the keys to his Super Bowl-winning team.  Mark, "two-time AFCCG participant" Sanchez.  That's why he gave up a whole 7th rounder (or nothing, if he doesn't meet the playing time minimum).  Elway pulled out all the stops to get "his guy". 

34 minutes ago, pointman said:

I can't wait for Fitz to be back here at a reasonable price and for him to come out and say "I always wanted to be here". Idiot.

why is he an idiot for trying to get the biggest payday he can?  That makes no sense.  

He would have been an idiot to accept a way below market offer without first exploring other opportunities.

37 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I think this is big. Why would you have Fitzpatrick and Sanchez on the same team. They are about the same QB. Neither is really better than the other .

Denver's going to roll with him

or use him as insurance for Kaep after they trade for him.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

or use him as insurance for Kaep after they trade for him.

Your post makes sense:

General manager John Elway tweeted: "Acquired QB Mark Sanchez for a conditional '17 pick. He brings veteran leadership & will compete. This is the 1st step in our process."

35 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Also if he is there just to be a backup, why trade for him? Why waste a draft pick on a backup QB

Dude...   it's a conditional 7th round pick based on playing time.  Eagles may end up with nothing for him if Kaep is acquired and starts the whole season for Denver while Sanchez keeps the bench warm.  The trade is meaningless.

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

Your post makes sense:

General manager John Elway tweeted: "Acquired QB Mark Sanchez for a conditional '17 pick. He brings veteran leadership & will compete. This is the 1st step in our process."

That makes sense because Kaepernick has more upside than Sanchez. What I was arguing before was the prospect that Fitzpatrick and Sanchez are different. They are at the same level in their careers.

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

A game manager is somebody who needs the other members of the team to carry him. Just dont rock the boat.

That is what Mark Sanchez was at his best, end of story

that's not true.  he was carried a bit as a rookie, not so in year 2.  how many late game comebacks through the air did we have when our run game faltered or the D blew a late lead?  he was much more valuable than people realize.  it's hard to win in this league, it's almost impossible to win w/ a bad QB.  we did not have Denver 2015 talent to be able to win w/ bad QB play.

25 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

if kap goes to the browns, does goff fall to the jets?

Goff may fall anyway.  I read today that he interviewed poorly. "came across as a jerk"

Robinson: Goff's interview with CLE was 'bad'

Cal QB Jared Goff's NFL Combine interview with the Browns was "bad," according to Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports.
Hue Jackson has since denied the statement, but Robinson stands behind what he heard and noted that Goff and the Browns will talk at least two more times during the process (likely at his pro day and an in-house visit, is our guess). ESPN's Josina Anderson backs up what Robinson claims by adding "I don’t know if (Goff) fully understands how he’s coming off to grown men. It’s been discussed. Off putting." This process is a long one and we will hear some teams like or dislike specific prospects. However, the Browns are currently in desperate need of a quarterback, and many feel Goff is worthy of a top 10 selection. We do not.
Source: Charles Robinson on Twitter
Mar 10 - 7:26 PM 

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

A game manager is somebody who needs the other members of the team to carry him. Just dont rock the boat.

What does "rocking the boat" entail?  Because to me, being consistently among the league leaders in turnovers sounds like something capable of capsizing said boat.

Just now, nyjunc said:

that's not true.  he was carried a but as a rookie, not so in year 2.  how many late game comebacks through the air did we have when our run game faltered or the D blew a late lead?  he was much more valuable than people realize.  it's hard to win in this league, it's almost impossible to win w/ a bad QB.  we did not have Denver 2015 talent to be able to win w/ bad QB play.

Correct. So why is everybody here so sure that he is not the starter

29 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

if the browns trade for kapernick, does goff fall to 20?

Of course not.   Crapernick will be a temporary solution till the Qb the Browns draft , is ready to assume the starting job. ( don't have to rush that Qb his first year. ). Crapernick would be a bridge for the new Qb.

15 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

It's actually very simple.

1. Sanchez > Fitz

2. Geno > Sanchez and as a result, 3. Geno > Fitz

Geno is our starting QB.

We still need a viable backup though.  Sign Fitz for 3.5.

Premise #1 above is merely your opinion and a very bad one, in my opinion

Premise #2 above is an even worse opinion, in my opinion

therefore, your conclusion #3 above is wrong, in my opinion.  In fact, it couldn't be any more wrong if you tried.

11 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Looking at definition of game manager in the dictionary- Alex Smith name pops up.    

Mark Sanchez isn't Alex Smith . He's the butt fumbler.

DEN could get by with Sanchez at QB. They won the SB with Manning looking awful. Sanchez did well here when he was surrounded by great talent. DEN has a solid team so maybe Sanchez gives them a few good years at the helm while they look at developing a younger QB.

I certainly see DEN looking at other options at QB as well.

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

1807069_f520.jpg

Good job Mark.  Looks like you're going to get a good shot to lift some more podium hardware.

Make sure to spit in the eye of Jets fans who saw the worst in you and ignored your potential.

SAR I

be the shaky game manager we all hoped you could be.

52 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Why not? Mark Sanchez has shown that if you put a great defense around him he can play well enough to get to the AFCCG. What has Fitz shown in order to get the nod over Sanchez? 

I agree. Denver had the budget, why didn't they offer Fitz the $15M they offered Osweiler if he was the solution?

28 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So who wants to tell me, with any sense of certainty, that the Fitz we saw a year ago wouldnt have made the playoffs with the Jets of 09 & 10???

1. That's pointless. If Jets had Fitz in '09-'10 he wouldn't have been the 2015 version of himself. He would've been the same 4-win hack he was back then.

2. Fitz couldn't reach the playoffs with a more talented 2015 team, so there's that certainty.

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

1807069_f520.jpg

Good job Mark.  Looks like you're going to get a good shot to lift some more podium hardware.

Make sure to spit in the eye of Jets fans who saw the worst in you and ignored your potential.

SAR I

If only we'd have given him a fair chance.

We better not make that same mistake with Geno Smith.

1 minute ago, jetrider said:

I agree. Denver had the budget, why didn't they offer Fitz the $15M they offered Osweiler if he was the solution?

1. That's pointless. If Jets had Fitz in '09-'10 he wouldn't have been the 2015 version of himself. He would've been the same 4-win hack he was back then.

2. Fitz couldn't reach the playoffs with a more talented 2015 team, so there's that certainty.

we may make the playoffs in 2009(though that isn't a given), we wouldn't have made it in 2010 and even had we made it there's no way we win 4 road playoff games.  he was spooked playing a dead Bills team in week 17, what do you think he would have done at SD, NE or Indy?

Archived