The 3 Million Thread

Maxman

11 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So we surpassed 3 million. But I was away when it happened and had a few things to deal with this week, so I don't know who had post 3 million exactly. :)

But, thanks to whoever you are! And to everyone for the 2,999,999 before that.

It was me do you want my PayPal to send me the prize money,

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

It was me do you want my PayPal to send me the prize money,

No the 3 millionth is such an honor you have to pay the site.

paypal@JetNation.com

$500 sounds about right lol.

16 hours ago, Maxman said:

So we surpassed 3 million. But I was away when it happened and had a few things to deal with this week, so I don't know who had post 3 million exactly. :)

But, thanks to whoever you are! And to everyone for the 2,999,999 before that.

OK, I get it.  This is a big deal.  But shouldn't the "3 millionth" poster get $3,000,000.00 or something? 

10 hours ago, Il Mostro said:

OK, I get it.  This is a big deal.  But shouldn't the "3 millionth" poster get $3,000,000.00 or something? 

Yes. I checked, it was actually my post that was # 3 million. We will charge everyone a dollar per post. you owe me just about 6 grand. :)

46 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I've been scrubbed from the records, and that's the way I like it. Like the aliens who created humanity.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 3/14/2016 at 4:47 PM, Fibonacci said:

After Jets Insider decided to sell its soul to money, I really didn't know where to go. Hitman Harris from Jets Insider told me about this board and I came over. I was pleasantly surprised to find such a beautiful board. Good job Max and good job all posters who make this site the best Jets board on the interwebz. 

So I just went over there to see what it looked like. The Sanchez thread has 7 posts. There are threads on page one that are a month old. It looks like they are getting a handful of posts a day.

Pretty glad we passed up on Scout's offer.

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So I just went over there to see what it looked like. The Sanchez thread has 7 posts. There are threads on page one that are a month old. It looks like they are getting a handful of posts a day.

Pretty glad we passed up on Scout's offer.

Wow. I hadn't looked in months. Same 3 people are the only posters. Like half the threads started over the past month have 1 reply or no replies.

Yes I'm glad you passed on their offer. 

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Wow. I hadn't looked in months. Same 3 people are the only posters. Like half the threads started over the past month have 1 reply or no replies.

Yes I'm glad you passed on their offer. 

Should we target the 3 posters that are left? I feel like they are trapped on an island and they don't know the war is over. :)

On 3/23/2016 at 9:29 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Did we ever figure out who had the 3 millionth? 

No. Unfortunately I was away that day and I couldn't check.

It is in the database I just don't know how to find out. I can check with Beans or Admin and see if they know how.

Is there any way to check stats to figure out the top 5 people on JN who have the highest ratio of # of posts to positive reputation?  I guess Max is probably #1 with 73,342 posts with an incredible 513,999 (actually I just gave him reputation to give him an even 514,000) for a ratio of 7.01 positive rep per post.  Who would round out the top 5?

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

i don't know whats harder to believe ….the complete destruction and death of JI or the rise of JN. 

is JN the biggest jet site right now?

Cudos to the original Tomshane and max. and dickkotite. the three that started this site :)

Is there a page talking about the history of this site?  I thought it was started by Maxman only.  Didn't realize TomShane and DickKotite (who I'm not sure I've ever seen on here) were part of it too. 

I joined here after being a pretty longtime member of nj.com's Jets forum.  NJ.com had crappy forums to begin with but then they rolled out a new version that was somehow MUCH crappier.  Someone there said "go to jetnation.com everyone".  I'm glad I did.  This is one of the best sports forums I've seen.  Maybe the best.

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

No coincidence that I started posting again.

You're welcome Max.

Thank you!

Back in the day you were a posting machine.  I miss those days. If we see output again like that I would be willing to rip up the 5th year of your deal and lock you down long term. Have your peeps call my peeps. (Get it peeps? On Easter?)  LOL.

On 3/14/2016 at 5:14 PM, Warfish said:

3 million.  That was what, about 2 or 3 game threads on JI?

troll-face-450x386.jpg

In all seriousness, congrats Max.  You've done damn well.   I shoulda just stayed here when you all first set up shop tbqh.  

Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

I will start by saying I have always taken this stuff way too seriously. If I cared as much about a business as I do about JetNation I really believe I would be a millionaire, lol. Anyhow a long time ago I put together this dashboard report. Basically looking at all the forums and how they are doing. Over the years I expanded it to include social media. And years ago that is why we decided to focus so much on making JetNation a site that encompasses Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram etc.  Anyhow that ramble aside check out these stats. My script screen scrapes post counts from sites. I looked at it last night and found this one interesting.

Here are the current JI Stats from the landing strip or whatever they call the main football forum now:

06/27/15 Post Count: 324,532 - 3:07am

04/02/16 Post Count: 326,761 - 3:21am

2,229 posts in their football forum in just over 9 months. WOW. Some of them could be auto posts, I didn't dig deeper to check. That is like an average of 7 posts per day.

Needless to say, I am pretty glad that JetNation said no thank you when Scout had us out to their offices in Rockefeller Center. Really glad we turned down the 2nd meeting to meet their CEO. Heard enough during meeting # 1. :) 

On 3/27/2016 at 11:53 AM, Dcat said:

A while ago, each post would say what post number it was in the thread.  I don't see that anymore.  For example, what is the post number of this post in this thread?

There is a modification for that exact thing. I have it installed but it still isn't showing. I have a message out to the plugin author, hopefully he responds, I would like to get that working as well.

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

I will start by saying I have always taken this stuff way too seriously. If I cared as much about a business as I do about JetNation I really believe I would be a millionaire, lol. Anyhow a long time ago I put together this dashboard report. Basically looking at all the forums and how they are doing. Over the years I expanded it to include social media. And years ago that is why we decided to focus so much on making JetNation a site that encompasses Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram etc.  Anyhow that ramble aside check out these stats. My script screen scrapes post counts from sites. I looked at it last night and found this one interesting.

Here are the current JI Stats from the landing strip or whatever they call the main football forum now:

2,229 posts in their football forum in just over 9 months. WOW. Some of them could be auto posts, I didn't dig deeper to check. That is like an average of 7 posts per day.

Needless to say, I am pretty glad that JetNation said no thank you when Scout had us out to their offices in Rockefeller Center. Really glad we turned down the 2nd meeting to meet their CEO. Heard enough during meeting # 1. :) 

Thank you for not selling the site's email list.

7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Thank you for not selling the site's email list.

I did sell it. But they thought it was fake when they did the import and 25% of the email addresses had the word sperm in it. They said anything over 18% seemed fake.

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

More posts in the Fitzpatrick thread than 9 months at JI.  That's stunning.

How big is this site vs JI at its peak?

5 hours ago, adb280z said:

More posts in the Fitzpatrick thread than 9 months at JI.  That's stunning.

How big is this site vs JI at its peak?

I have those #'s but they are only available to VIP Members. :)

To answer seriously, I am not sure what kind of page views they get. I know where everything stands forum wise. But we do pretty well with our articles, because of a really strong social media following and the partnership with YES Network.  They can send our content to a group of 100,000 plus with a simple RT or Share. So what I am saying is I don't know where ji ever was page view wise at its peak. But I am happy with where we are at right now.

Thanks everyone!

One other completely random stat thing that I didn't know. Did you know the "views" listed next to each forum thread is the number of people (unique) that read that thread? I always thought if once person went in 5 times that it would show 5 views.

I opened a support ticket saying there was a bug after merging all the Fitzpatrick threads. The views didn't increase. They explained to me that they can't increase it because there is no way to easily tell who viewed each thread when compared to other threads. So in this case the 16,000 plus for the Fitz thread would actually be much higher because I merged it from like 10 different threads.

Random but I never knew that was how it worked.  Glad to see that we have had almost 31,000 different people read the free agency forum thread though. Pretty cool. I am going to have to put some thought into my posts now that we know so many people are reading this stuff. :)

Archived