My Rant About #20

SR24

I would take Coleman first out of the 3 WR's, he has just as much upside as both Doctson, and Treadwell just a different type of player, BUT the biggest thing with picking Coleman is he would finally solve the punt return issue this team has had for almost 10 years, dude is a baller returning punts.

33 minutes ago, CPH said:

You're probaly right. I just don't buy the Lynch hype and don't see him anywhere near best available at #20. Anyway if it's a need, it's often an immediate need. So why draft a QB that's just as big a project as Petty? I don't see it, but that's just my opinion.

Not liking the player and not taking him is way different than liking his potential as a QB and not taking him because of some twisted view of value or to try and address other needs because he may need to sit. I look at it this way. If you do not have a franchise QB then the rating on that player is at least 2X the rating of another position.

14 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Not liking the player and not taking him is way different than liking his potential as a QB and not taking him because of some twisted view of value or to try and address other needs because he may need to sit. I look at it this way. If you do not have a franchise QB then the rating on that player is at least 2X the rating of another position.

Imo that's how you get in trouble and draft a bust QB.

I wan't a brainy QB and there seems to be one available, that also has all the physical tools. We might not even have to take him in the first round.

5 hours ago, SR24 said:

Numerous mocks and experts are saying Lynch to the Jets is a perfect fit and I completely disagree. He may be a perfect fit for the team, but not for that first round pick at #20. This team has a ton of holes and a difficult schedule coming up we need to take a player that can make an immediate impact on the team and help us win games.Lynch is a project player who won't help us this year i'd much rather take Jaylon Smith later in the draft if we want a player who won't help us until 2017. If it were up to me the choice at #20 is down to 2 people Noah Spence or Laquon Treadwell. Spence is regarded as the best edge rusher in the draft which has been a team need for years although his off field issues are alarming, having veterans in the locker like mangold,marshall and revis could keep him in check. Treadwell has it all IMO size, speed, good hands and is someone who loves to go up and fight for the ball. WR isn't exactly a position of need but  without a franchise QB the next best thing we can do is provide as many offensive weapons as possible to whoever is running our offense Fitz Geno Hoyer whoever. Marshall 6'4, Treadwell 6'3 on the outside with Decker in the slot and Forte out of the backfield would be devastating. I just hope we don't take Lynch at 20 or worse we dont trade up for him!

Out of your 3 options, I would stay with Lynch.  So what if he can't help us this year?  We need someone for next year anyway and nothing is a guarantee.  What if Spence gets suspended?  What if Treadwell has a season ending injury in preseason this year?  If you don't have to move up for picks and you feel high on Lynch to contend this year for the starting position but definitely feel strongly he will be ready next year you have to take him.  The only reason you don't take him is if you don't feel that highly on him starting next year and instead want to trade back and pick up more picks.  (This is what I personally think the Jets will be doing, and probably will be the Browns or Broncos trading up from 2nd round to 20th.)

Treadwell looks like a Marshall clone. When he catches the ball in the middle of the field and makes his way to the sideline he does the same cutback for one or two negative yards to be able to advance. I mean right not a WR is a luxury but how long can Marsh play at this level?

Treadwell looks like a Marshall clone. When he catches the ball in the middle of the field and makes his way to the sideline he does the same cutback for one or two negative yards to be able to advance. I mean right now a WR is a luxury but how long can Marsh play at this level?

24 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

i know you watch alot of college ball from your posts. wondering why you think so?  i think treadwill is the best receiver in the class. curious to see why u think doctson is not just only better but way better

2 completely different type of receivers .  Doctson is Decker while Treadwell is Marshall . Both can get the Job done, but they use different styles. It's hard to find the polish of Treadwell in a rookie receiver .

3 hours ago, Pcola said:

I hate to state the obvious but there isn't a single rookie in this draft that is going to significantly change our W/L in 2016, with the exception of maybe Elliott.  Spence would have to have at least a dozen sacks.  Who was the last rookie pass rushing LB had double digit sacks his rookie year?

And Treadwell, love the pick, but how many balls is he going to catch in 2016?  How many more wins will he give us this year.  

take it or leave it, this draft will be for 2017 or more so 2018.  You draft for potential.  Parcels drafted for immediate impact and all he ended up with but a bunch of short term special teamers and OL depth.

if the organization feels Lynch will be their franchise QB, you go get him anywhere you can.  If they don't think a QB in this class can be "the guy," then pass on all of them.

The problem is that picking QBs is not the science you're making it out to be. If the organization thinks that Lynch "is" a franchise QB then they aren't as smart as I think they are. If they feel it's 50/50 he may be one next year then you take him in the 2nd. Maybe at 20 if they know something I don't. It's just sticking to your draft value system. It may not pay off on one individual pick, but as a philosophy it will pay off in the long run. Kind of like gambling. You need to stick with your system to beat the odds. 

A rookie could certainly make a difference this year, but most likely it would have to be an Olineman. Preferably 2 Olineman in this draft. One of these WRs could help as well. Hopefully the board falls right for us and we can get all three. There is a good chance with the strength of this draft. 

4 hours ago, CPH said:

If Mac is going BAP, it could very well be Treadwell. I can't see it being Lynch. It would be drafting for need and a reach imo.

I would much rather take Hackenberg later on. I know his stats look awfull, but I think he is much better than that.

Watch this video (a bit long, but informative):

Second or third round.  He's not dropping like everyone thinks.

2 hours ago, hawk said:

I like Hackenberg, and I could certainly see him as the surprise in the first round for whoever.  However, if he makes it past Houston at #22, that may be pretty telling.  Yes, they gave Osweiller a big contract, but he is still unproven.  Yes, Osweiler is locked in there for two years, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't take out an insurance policy so to speak.

Houston has enough talent they could (should) take him if Obrien feels that strongly about him.  JMO.

Houston isn't taking him in the first after splurging on Osweiler.

3 hours ago, Jet in PA said:

Treadwell looks like a Marshall clone. When he catches the ball in the middle of the field and makes his way to the sideline he does the same cutback for one or two negative yards to be able to advance. I mean right now a WR is a luxury but how long can Marsh play at this level?

marshall is 6 4 and ran a 4.5   Treadwell is  6 2 and ran 4.65,  there is no valid comparison here

Spoiler

marshall is 6 4 and ran a 4.5   Treadwell is  6 2 and ran 4.65,  there is no valid comparison here

Spoiler  

Comparing him to Marshall in 2015 he plays very similar unless you still think Marshall runs a 4.5 in the present time/ trust numbers over what you see. You might not think he plays the same just by watching tape which is fine but combine stats aren't exactly a fool proof validation.

1 minute ago, Jet in PA said:

Comparing him to Marshall in 2015 he plays very similar unless you still think Marshall runs a 4.5 in the present time/ trust numbers over what you see. You might not think he plays the same just by watching tape which is fine but combine stats aren't exactly a fool proof validation.

Treadwell is a good player, but he is no where near the top wideouts. Doctson catches everything and is phenomenal when the ball is in the air. Not sure how Treadwell will fare vs NFL caliber CB's

Treadwell is a good player, but he is no where near the top wideouts. Doctson catches everything and is phenomenal when the ball is in the air. Not sure how Treadwell will fare vs NFL caliber CB's

Yeah I'm not saying that Doctson isn't honestly id be happy with either of them. Doctson will probably be a little better of a deep threat but that's not relevant to us right now without a strong armed QB. They both play bigger than they are and would be a great compliment. I'm still not sold as Enunwa as a number 3 though I like what he does in the run game and he has a ton of speed for his size but his hands are a little inconsistent.

16 hours ago, SR24 said:

Numerous mocks and experts are saying Lynch to the Jets is a perfect fit and I completely disagree. He may be a perfect fit for the team, but not for that first round pick at #20. This team has a ton of holes and a difficult schedule coming up we need to take a player that can make an immediate impact on the team and help us win games.Lynch is a project player who won't help us this year i'd much rather take Jaylon Smith later in the draft if we want a player who won't help us until 2017. If it were up to me the choice at #20 is down to 2 people Noah Spence or Laquon Treadwell. Spence is regarded as the best edge rusher in the draft which has been a team need for years although his off field issues are alarming, having veterans in the locker like mangold,marshall and revis could keep him in check. Treadwell has it all IMO size, speed, good hands and is someone who loves to go up and fight for the ball. WR isn't exactly a position of need but  without a franchise QB the next best thing we can do is provide as many offensive weapons as possible to whoever is running our offense Fitz Geno Hoyer whoever. Marshall 6'4, Treadwell 6'3 on the outside with Decker in the slot and Forte out of the backfield would be devastating. I just hope we don't take Lynch at 20 or worse we dont trade up for him!

One player is not going to make a difference in winning or losing. The Jets have a lot of needs, especially on offense. The Jets are not going to win against this schedule anyhow. They'll be lucky to win 7 games this season against that schedule. I figure about 5 wins is a more objective expectation.

We have a potential franchise guy in our midst. I think we should take him and build for the future.

20 hours ago, Jet in PA said:

Combine stats are proof to validate a fool..

Mac is the type of GM to try to have all his spots covered on the roster going into the draft so he can take the BPA without second guessing. Him not signing Fitz before the draft makes me think more and more that we are going to try our hardest to get Lynch. Who I honestly don't know if he's good or not but what I do know is that this is a weak to average QB draft class. And I don't want to put my chips on the 3rd best QB of a weak to average class. Thats just me. 

who cares when they pick Lynch. 1st round 2nd round, it don't matter.  Sooner or later you have to find a QB and its a calculated risk.  If you take Lynch at 20 or in round 2 and he's the QB for this franchise for the next 10 years then he's a steal. If he's taken at 20 or 2nd round and crashes and burns, then he's a bust.  Mac's picks in last draft haven't exactly set the world on fire and we don't have a QB, YET.       

9 hours ago, Powpow said:

who cares when they pick Lynch. 1st round 2nd round, it don't matter.  Sooner or later you have to find a QB and its a calculated risk.  If you take Lynch at 20 or in round 2 and he's the QB for this franchise for the next 10 years then he's a steal. If he's taken at 20 or 2nd round and crashes and burns, then he's a bust.  Mac's picks in last draft haven't exactly set the world on fire and we don't have a QB, YET.       

Absolutely zero chance he's there in the 2nd round. I bet one of Cook and Hackenberg will even be gone by then, if not both.

Archived