Rookies that will make the 53 man roster?

Sarge4Tide

53 Man Roster  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Other than Lee, Hackenberg, and Jenkins, which of the following rookies will be on Jets opening day 53 man roster? (check all that apply)

• RB Romar Morris 5'9" 190 North Carolina
    • TE Jason Vanderlaan 6'4" 245 Ferris State
    • WR Charone Peake 6'3" 205 Clemson
    • WR Jalin Marshall 5'10" 200 Ohio State
    • WR Quenton Bundrage 6'1" 206 Iowa Stat
    • WR Robby Anderson 6'3" 190 Temple
    • OL Brandon Shell 6'5" 325 South Carolina
    • C Kyle Friend 6'2" 305 Temple
    • DL Claude Pelon 6'4" 300 USC
    • DL Tarow Barney 6'1" 305 Penn State
    • DL Helva Matungulu 6'5" 290 Western Carolina
    • DL Julien Obioha 6'4" 280 TAMU
    • DL Lawrence Thomas 6'4" 305 Michigan State
    • CB Justin Burris 6'0" 205 NC State
    • CB Bryson Keeton 6'2" 190 Montana State
    • S Doug Middleton 6'0" 210 Appalachian State
    • P Lac Edwards 6'4" 215 Sam Houston State
    • P Tom Hackett 5'10" 198 Utah
    • PK Ross Martin 5'10" 185 Duke

I think Macc did a superb job at the receiver position. We all talk about Charone Peake and even Jalin Marshall, but Robby Anderson from Temple looks like a steal. I like Tom Hackett's punting style. Everyone assumes that it wont work in the league. Well, nothing "new" works in the league until it works. His ball placement is great. Justin Burris will make this team as well as Brandon Shell. 

I see that Peake is getting a lot of play. I think it's because of his speed. Not sure if he makes it though. If we're only carrying 5 receivers. I predict we'll PS him because he'll clear waivers. If he looks good in practice they might try to hide him in terms of exhibition games unless they think he could be a contributor this year. As for punter even though the Utah guy was more accomplished in college the kid we drafted has been getting raves in OTAs. But the games will determine who wins that job. Good job bringing us back to reality Sarge when you have idiots like me fighting like nuts about Fitz. Go Jets!

I really like Peake, he reminds of Stephen Hill actually coming out of college, has some drop issues, but also ran a better route tree.  

Marshall is interesting because he's not particularly fast, but makes people miss often.  I would like to see how his speed adjusts to the NFL game before declaring him for the roster.  

Anderson I think is a PS candidate right now that gets bumped up with an injury. 

I think Burris is a lock, we need man corners and he has potential.  At worst, he stays on the team this year and maybe moves to cover safety.   Considering we gave up a 4th for Shell, I presume we'll keep him on too.  

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

You think Folk loses out to Martin?

I doubt Jets would keep 2 kickers, especially since Martin doesn't boom KO

2.75 mil and KOs don't matter much anymore. If you can place the ball to one side high and inside the 5 I think is the smartest strategy now. This will be the time for directional kickers once teams start figuring this out. 

I think Ross is going to be money from 53 in. Folk is too streaky, and his leg is not strong enough to be worth 2.75 mil to me. 

I think all the draft picks make the team.

They have no depth at CB.

They have no depth along the OL.

And they drafted a ******* punter so he better make the team.

I know everyone loves Marshall.  Meh.  I see Ross making the roster over him.  He might be a practice squad player though.

I dont see anyone else making the team because this team is old as dirt and Bowles loves his veterans, so there is no way he's cutting any vet to make way for a kid with potential that shines in training camp because that would hurt his guys feelings. 

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

You think Folk loses out to Martin?

I doubt Jets would keep 2 kickers, especially since Martin doesn't boom KO

I thought Martin had a huge leg? Maybe I'm mistaken. 

44 minutes ago, JiF said:

I dont see anyone else making the team because this team is old as dirt and Bowles loves his veterans, so there is no way he's cutting any vet to make way for a kid with potential that shines in training camp because that would hurt his guys feelings. 

No sh*t. Quit holding up the playmakers on the team. Bowles is such a dickface.

The #1 WR is 32 years old and has openly talked about retiring within 2 years. The QB will be a 34 year-old journeyman. The starting RB is 30 years old and is breaking down. The players currently behind those guys are (respectfully) a deep threat receiver with a busted knee, an inaccurate, young QB whose statistical profile should have rendered him undraftable, and Bilal Powell.

If the Jets are interested in any sort of viability within the next two, three seasons, they have to stop pretending that they're contending right now and get serious about giving snaps to younger players. Erin Henderson shouldn't steal snaps from Darron Lee. Buster Skrine shouldn't steal snaps from Marcus Williams, Dee Milliner, Dexter McDougle, or, now, Juston Burris. If Charone Peake makes the team, he needs to be shoehorned into the offense. Matt Forte shouldn't see 150 carries in the regular season. Kellen Davis shouldn't even be on the team. As soon as Brandon She'll learns how to tie his shoes, he should get a chance to start over Giacomini. This is what teams that end up winning things do.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The #1 WR is 32 years old and has openly talked about retiring within 2 years. The QB will be a 34 year-old journeyman. The starting RB is 30 years old and is breaking down. The players currently behind those guys are (respectfully) a deep threat receiver with a busted knee, an inaccurate, young QB whose statistical profile should have rendered him undraftable, and Bilal Powell.

If the Jets are interested in any sort of viability within the next two, three seasons, they have to stop pretending that they're contending right now and get serious about giving snaps to younger players. Erin Henderson shouldn't steal snaps from Darron Lee. Buster Skrine shouldn't steal snaps from Marcus Williams, Dee Milliner, Dexter McDougle, or, now, Juston Burris. If Charone Peake makes the team, he needs to be shoehorned into the offense. Matt Forte shouldn't see 150 carries in the regular season. Kellen Davis shouldn't even be on the team. As soon as Brandon She'll learns how to tie his shoes, he should get a chance to start over Giacomini. This is what teams that end up winning things do.

This, that and that's all it is. 

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

They drafted a punter in the 7th round, where you should draft them.

Gross.  There was actually some decent names left on the board.  And they signed a UDFA who might make the team over him. 

Archived