Rob Ninkovich suspended 4 games for PEDS

smaxor5

20 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

New England PEDriots fans need to deflect off their proven doper by talking about Richardsom

Lol..please.

Nfl players get caught everyday w sometype of ban substance...stop acting like this is something new.

As long as you guys continue to be second fiddle to us. Im good!

4 hours ago, AFCEastFan said:

Laugh all you want -- the guy suddenly looks like the rich man's Bruce Irvin now that he is surrounded by a decent team with a competent coaching staff.  Barring injury, he will easily get 10+ sacks this season. 

4 hours ago, AFCEastFan said:

Very true.  He will have to prove he can perform against non-scrubs (and maybe he will fail miserably when that happens).  But he will get plenty of chances to do so given the Pats' current roster make-up.  And there are plenty of defensive players who will be earning regular season pay checks this year who are incapable of dominating even the league's future burger-flippers the way Mingo did last night. 

Are you Barkevious Mingo's mom?  

8 hours ago, JetPotato said:

No way should you be allowed to serve your suspension when you're already going to be out for injury.

First thing that came to mind after reading the OP!

Well, not the first thing actually. First thought was "Gee a Rats player doping, how shocking".

AFTER the injury is healed and he is cleared to play, THEN the suspension should start. Seems like a no-brainer.

10 hours ago, BUM-KNEE said:

First thing that came to mind after reading the OP!

Well, not the first thing actually. First thought was "Gee a Rats player doping, how shocking".

AFTER the injury is healed and he is cleared to play, THEN the suspension should start. Seems like a no-brainer.

Remember that the penalty is a 4-game suspension without pay.  You are suggesting either turning the penalty into something that effectively runs over 8-games (4 games of immediate lost salary and then a 4 game suspension with pay sometime later in the year, after the guy has returned to health) or running the risk that the penalty will never be enforced because the player will retire before he is ever cleared.

Ninkovich will be a 33-year old UFA next year.  If his injury is more serious than we know, he may have already played his last down in the NFL.  In that cases like that, the player will not suffer any financial penalty at all as a result of the PED violation.

I don't think this approach would ever find its way into a CBA.  But even if it did, it would be a nightmare to administer.  Who is clearing the guy to play in your scenario?  The league?  The team?  Holy misaligned incentives, Batman!

20 hours ago, smaxor5 said:

Few things are more important to me than my name and reputation. This might call that into question for some, which has me heartbroken,” the linebacker/defensive end told Reiss. “I don’t want to cut any corners. I want to do things the right way, with high integrity, and that’s what I have always wanted to stand for.”

If this were true, he'd ask for a trade.

On September 2, 2016 at 7:10 PM, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Lol..please.

Nfl players get caught everyday w sometype of ban substance...stop acting like this is something new.

As long as you guys continue to be second fiddle to us. Im good!

Your team's next great scandal will be mass distro of roids in the locker room

So keep trolling like a 12 year old boy

On September 3, 2016 at 10:55 AM, AFCEastFan said:

Remember that the penalty is a 4-game suspension without pay.  You are suggesting either turning the penalty into something that effectively runs over 8-games (4 games of immediate lost salary and then a 4 game suspension with pay sometime later in the year, after the guy has returned to health) or running the risk that the penalty will never be enforced because the player will retire before he is ever cleared.

Ninkovich will be a 33-year old UFA next year.  If his injury is more serious than we know, he may have already played his last down in the NFL.  In that cases like that, the player will not suffer any financial penalty at all as a result of the PED violation.

I don't think this approach would ever find its way into a CBA.  But even if it did, it would be a nightmare to administer.  Who is clearing the guy to play in your scenario?  The league?  The team?  Holy misaligned incentives, Batman!

Don't like it competition-wise ... But this is how I see it as well.

the drug test fail penalty goes against the player more so than the team

player losing his $$$ the main agenda of the league

team losing their time with said player is added benefit ... But difficult to police if not just immediately done.

i believe there was some sort of "morality" type of penalty / fine that Goodell was giving out to try and stop teams from continuously signing "problem-child" type of players ... Can't recall if this is still happening ... But I think this is where the league was trying to police & penalize the team's themselves 

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 8:40 PM, Dcat said:

off the field ass-holery vs on-the field cheating.  2 completely different discussions.  You're smahter than that. Come on.  

Maybe so, but I would rather have a Patriots player failing a drug test (Ninkovich & Sheldon) versus some other non-normative behavior (Sheldon & Hernandez).

5 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

Maybe so, but I would rather have a Patriots player failing a drug test (Ninkovich & Sheldon) versus some other non-normative behavior (Sheldon & Hernandez).

the point was: your comparison in this thread is completely irrelevant.  Leave it to a Pats fanto divert from the issue at hand.

On 9/5/2016 at 5:35 PM, drdetroit said:

Your team's next great scandal will be mass distro of roids in the locker room

So keep trolling like a 12 year old boy

When that happens, we(you and I) will come back to this same place and chat about that ok?

and trolling? Are you mad every time a pats fan comes on here and post? You can't take it huh?

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

the point was: your comparison in this thread is completely irrelevant.  Leave it to a Pats fanto divert from the issue at hand.

Go look at your original post and being the lead stroker in a JN circle jerk.  I would rather have a failed PED test than a guy driving with his 12 yo nephew at 143mph....or murdering half of Boston.  ;)

Archived