T0mShane Answers Your Questions On The Jets...

Maxman

45 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Mr. Shane, T0m, is there a surprise long term starter for this Jah forsaken franchise this year? You can't count the first round pick as a surprise, even with this being the Jets and all.

Fantasy guy: Bryce Petty. Big, tough, some pocket presence, doesn't appear stupid, doesn't seem to panic. I keep reading that he's terrible, but I haven't seen evidence of awfulness. If a guy isn't soft and doesn't panic under the rush, I think you can teach him the rest. 

Realistically: I think Juston Burris can play. 

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Are there any circumstances under which you would include our Aussie punter that list or do you subscribe to the "kickers aren't football players" school of thought?

The thing with punters is that they're great for a few months, then they lose it completely and without warning, so it's tough to get excited about them too much. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

The thing with punters is that they're great for a few months, then they lose it completely and without warning, so it's tough to get excited about them too much. 

Staying power then as opposed to a "Never Lachlan!" disposition.

Just now, T0mShane said:

I'd be #ImWithLachlan all day if I thought he'd get us two more wins.

The cumulative impact of bad punting and indifferent punt coverage has cost us games in the last few years but those things are not possible to prove.  If what we saw in preseason holds up I believe he would be in the top-10 difference makers on the field this year.

My turn:

I want anyone reading this to offer their:

1. Confidence level with Bowles' ability to lead this team to a Super Bowl, on a scale of 1-10 (with ten being "very confident."

2. The one current Jet and one celebrity you'd want in your ten-person post-apocalyptic zombie survival squad.

3. Your Myers Briggs result.

4. Your life philosophy, in six words or less.

5. A short essay detailing why you continue to support the sh*t-eating Jets.

6 minutes ago, EM31 said:

The cumulative impact of bad punting and indifferent punt coverage has cost us games in the last few years but those things are not possible to prove.  If what we saw in preseason holds up I believe he would be in the top-10 difference makers on the field this year.

I agree with this wholeheartedly, but it's more of an indictment of the quarterback, which is a drag. I'm a football obsessive and I couldn't name you one guy who punted for the Steelers, Pats, or Packers over the last decade.

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

My turn:

1. Confidence level with Bowles' ability to lead this team to a Super Bowl, on a scale of 1-10 (with ten being "very confident."

2. The one current Jet and one celebrity you'd want in your ten-person post-apocalyptic zombie survival squad.

1.  7 & 1/2

2.  Def Mangold (he's made for a ZSS) ... Kate Upton on celebrity side ... For obvious reasons

3.  Forget what that means

4.  Piss, $h*t, F*ck, Beer, Jets, JN

5.  I Like getting angry, giving dirty looks,  yelling & smashing things ... Or I'm retarded ... Or a combination of both.

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

My turn:

1.) 7

2.) Jet - Decker (pretty boys won't survive) Celeb - His wife (I can pick up the pieces)

3.) ENTJ

4.) Never trust a firstie-firstie

5.) I've got nothing better to do. I'm already this far down the rabbit hole. 

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

My turn:

My ranking system for coaches:

image.jpeg

From what I've seen, Bowles basically knows what he's doing, but if we go from Fitzpatrick to Hackenberg, does it really matter?

On 9/3/2016 at 3:10 PM, T0mShane said:

Bowles: the guy who played Black Panther

Maccagnan: Ed Helms

Brady: Shannon Elizabeth

Rex: John C Reilly

Geno: Shameik Moore

Woody Johnson: Richard Jenkins

Dave Foley,  MV5BOTE5MjgyODYxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzQxborn to play MacCagnan

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I agree with this wholeheartedly, but it's more of an indictment of the quarterback, which is a drag. I'm a football obsessive and I couldn't name you one guy who punted for the Steelers, Pats, or Packers over the last decade.

Their names were <fill in the blank> punter who always managed a +10 or +20 on exchange of punts with us.

7 hours ago, dbatesman said:

My ranking system for coaches:

image.jpeg

From what I've seen, Bowles basically knows what he's doing, but if we go from Fitzpatrick to Hackenberg, does it really matter?

This is why I was rooting for Chip Kelly to succeed: the thought that he was going to show the NFL how to make quarterbacks.

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

My turn:

1) This team, like this one specifically? 1. The jets aren't going to win the super bowl. Generally, I dunno, 4. Seems like one of the coaches that doesn't matter at all.

2) Brandon Marshall and Janice Griffith. He trips her, we run away.

3) ENTP. E > I affinity is only by like a percent.

4) Quit work, play poker, sleep in.

5) Inertia.

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

1) This team, like this one specifically? 1. The jets aren't going to win the super bowl. Generally, I dunno, 4. Seems like one of the coaches that doesn't matter at all.

2) Brandon Marshall and Janice Griffith. He trips her, we run away.

3) ENTP. E > I affinity is only by like a percent.

4) Quit work, play poker, sleep in.

5) Inertia.

This all works. Very nice.

My turn:

1. Yeah, I think he can do it, if he ever gets a QB. I'll say 7-8 for now

2. Jet-Geno Smith, because I'd take great pleasure watching zombies eat him. Celeb, Sofia Vergara. Spanish bitches are strong and crazy, plus you know.....we can have sex and stuff.

3. My Myers Briggs is go $&@$ yourself

4. t&#33;ts or get the $&@$ out

5. Because the bastards owe me a tv. I once drunkenly threw a shoe at the tv years ago with Snatchez at the helm. They owe me a new tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived