A Jets WR fact...in my opinion

JohnnyLV

Super excited about the Jets cuts, usually there is a string of WTF moments and anger on Jets cut day,

They did the right thing at WR and shocked they did. Keeping Marshall Anderson and Peake was 100% the way to go 

I honestly think that outside of Decker of Decker in 2014 because he is still here, that all 6 of the Jets receivers are better than ALL of the receivers we had in 2013 and 2014. It is pretty amazing. I actually think we may have the best WR group in the NFL, and are really poised to have an awesome receiving corps even after Decker and leave in a year or 2

Really exciting.

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Super excited about the Jets cuts, usually there is a string of WTF moments and anger on Jets cut day,

They did the right thing at WR and shocked they did. Keeping Marshall Anderson and Peake was 100% the way to go 

I honestly think that outside of Decker of Decker in 2014 because he is still here, that all 6 of the Jets receivers are better than ALL of the receivers we had in 2013 and 2014. It is pretty amazing. I actually think we may have the best WR group in the NFL, and are really poised to have an awesome receiving corps even after Decker and leave in a year or 2

Really exciting.

agreed. i thought that maybe j marsh, or peake would get cut, but super pumped. nice to have youth with talent at the position. i also think decker will be here for at least 3 more years. he is not even 30 yet and i believe he signed a 5 year deal. if enuwa takes the next step this year i really love our situation.

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The issue that once Devin Smith is ready to come back, what happens? I expect 1 of the D-line to get cut after week 1 and stashed on Practice squad. But to make room for Smith and Giacomini, who goes? 

IF he's ready ... guy hasn't practised in over a year, I doubt he'd be ready to step back in. He may end up going on full IR and start again with him next year.

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The issue that once Devin Smith is ready to come back, what happens? I expect 1 of the D-line to get cut after week 1 and stashed on Practice squad. But to make room for Smith and Giacomini, who goes? 

What, you mean we have a good problem of once? :)

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ive already written him off he's been replaced by multiple guys on the roster

I don't think you can count a second round pick thats been injured for the last season and a half. I expect the Jets to want him to come back and evaluate him before they make a call. If he's healthy he's 4th WR unless Anderson carries his performance into the season.

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I don't think you can count a second round pick thats been injured for the last season and a half. I expect the Jets to want him to come back and evaluate him before they make a call. If he's healthy he's 4th WR unless Anderson carries his performance into the season.

Jalin Marshall as well 

J Marshall/Anderson/Peake are all > Devin Stiff, I mean Smith. That is an easy one. The only caveat of course is injury. If someone goes down we'll need Smith if healthy, or to bring back Tompkins if nobody else signs him. Love the moves though. Can never argue with going young and fast. I am particularly happy about our ST's which should be light years better.

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

I am not sure Smith comes back this year. He is no lock to come back.  Smith would have to perform better than these other healthy guys and that is no sure thing!!

53 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

His consistent drops and alligator arms? Jalin Marshall will be a good returner this season but his offensive performance has lacked all preseason. 

Don't agree with that. He had a few drops but made a number of plays as well and is our PR/KR guy. He improved as the preseason went on and if you go back and watch he is always open. I thought overall he played extremely but some people just grade receivers on drops.

2 hours ago, NYDreamer said:

All 3 of the receivers Anderson/Peake/Marshall have already shown me more than Devin Smith.  But I agree that when he gets healthy and ready to contribute he will be welcomed back especially with Enuwa who gets banged up as well.

Devin Smith has just had bad luck.  If he got to play against backups in the preseason last year, there's a good chance he would have caught a few bombs.  I mean, did Robby Anderson even have a catch against the Giants first string defense?  Not knocking Anderson, just pointing that out.

Mac knows how to pick WRs and Smith has a lot of talent.  He's going to be part of this deep, talented group.  

I'm excited for the WR group for 2017 and on but this is nerve-wrankling for2016.  There is no proven depth, exciting young guys abound but who God forbid Brandon Marshall goes down.

Enunwa was actually pretty bad at catching the football last year

Jalin Marshall had bad drops every game and multiple alligator arms for a guy whose professional life depended on it.

Anderson could be awesome, a legit #2 NFL wideout, but is far from refined and a little cocky in the adolescent kinda way.

Peake I haven't seen enough of.

Hell, it's fun, let's do it but there are going to be plenty of bumps with 4 guys this green ...and Devin Smith suddenly an elder statesman in the room.

We will have at least 7 weeks to worry about it. If jalin keeps dropping the ball it might be him getting cut for d Smith but 7 weeks into the season it will be more clear who should be cut.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Based on everything we've seen today ... Devin Smith , when he's health-wise ready to return, will have to show that he belongs on the roster  over one of the young no-names currently on the roster ... Instead of vice-versa

a pleasant distinction

7 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Really exciting.

When I remove your 4th sentence ... So that There is no longer any funny smell regarding your preferences for making excuses at other positions ... And I can happily agree !!!

The one thing Smith excelled at in college was tracking a deep ball. He's been worthless since we drafted him so if they decide to cut bait at some point I don't care. That said he can't really do that when our starter can't throw a deep ball, so I don't know if he can even have a roll stretching the field at the NFL level till we move on from Fitz next year. 

33 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

A Jets QB fact in my opinion, they all suck making this thread irrelevant. 

I think you need to start a new thread regarding this!

i've been hoping all off-season that somebody would address this issue ... And we've almost run out of time !

Archived