Jets Waiver Wire Additions Thread

32EBoozer

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Not if there are other bidders.  We are tight up against the cap still.  Maybe if we cut Breno.

That was my prediction yesterday, but, it didn't happen.

Would have saved us about 5 million and we would have gotten rid of the penalty machine Giacomini - who I have no doubt will be less than 100% the majority, if not all of the season.

I wasn't aware of this

Once you've accrued 4 years in the league (I believe that's the time frame), players go straight to free agents when dropped, not waivers.

Damn I didn't think we had a shot to get Sitton as I thought it would go through waivers, this is awesome we have a legit shot at going after him.

3 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

If you think Qvale or Ijilana is an adequate substitute for Giacomini....go for it. But I don't think that is the case unfortunately

Breno cannot come back for 6 weeks; so, if they can't handle the job, who we keep may not be a problem. I would have preferred to release Breno, save the money and tried to find someone better (not sure about the contract if he is on PUP)

5 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

If you think Qvale or Ijilana is an adequate substitute for Giacomini....go for it. But I don't think that is the case unfortunately

They're both as good if not better than Breno at this point with a good back. That's not saying much but they are serviceable with upside. Better than Weak link Winters. 

Archived