Fitz is hot garbage.

Embrace the Suck

8 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

You done zinging one liners without progressing the conversation? Unfortunate that my comprehension and use of the english language (which wasn't my first) equates with "trying to be smart." Maybe you should expand on your vocabulary and writing skills to express and MAKE A VALID POINT for once. 

WE ALL saw the shortcomings of the QB, that's why the off-season debate ravaged on the way it did FOR MONTHS. NOTHING #14 did yesterday should be new to ANY Jets fan, dating BACK to Fitzy's Buffalo days. 

Yet, despite Fitz's shortcomings, it's universally accepted he's been the best player to PLAY the QB position for the Jets since 2008. So, after just ONE GAME, repeating the same vitriol AT THIS STAGE of the burgeoning season is naive, short-sighted, and petulant, or in other words, a viewpoint by people who have a loser mentality - I guess they simply just Embrace the Suck to put it more eloquently. :D

Meez dun trynz to keep up wit yooz in dis heeer DEE-bate. 

"What I find laughable is the typical spoiled brat, bitter twerp, knee-jerk reactions and the bitçhing people here - you KNOW WHO YOU ARE - are having now after the initial game being decided, in the end, by a PK who hasn't played in nearly a year. 

Then JUST STFU and let those of us WHO DO NOT GIVE UP AND B!TCH all the time about this team enjoy this season which is MERELY beginning to CROWN. 

What a BUNCH of Phuking yellow-bellied Pu$$ies; all the WORSE if you've been a fan and following this team for over 20+ years, you should KNOW BETTER BY NOW. The way this team is, we'll probably end up at 14-2. Just when you THINK they will ZAG, they ZIG. Patience you petulant sophists of the modern-day national passion.B)" -Gas2No99

Oh, the bold was you progressing the conversation... I must have misread it... Do you have another paragraph rant in you as you've progressed the conversation so much...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Bowles is an impossibly nice guy, and super easy to like, but he gets credit for a lot more good coaching than he's done. One year of a major - major - roster overhaul plus a JV schedule will make anyone look better than he is. For all the comments about his predecessor ignoring the offense - which was well warranted - this guy flat out admits all he does is have a talk with his OC on Tuesday about the offensive gameplan and then lets Gailey do his own thing from that point on until the following Tuesday. The other (again, valid) complaints were about clock management / use of timeouts, in-game adjustments, and defense allowing end of half/game drives to put points on the board. And what has changed in those other aspects? Doesn't look like a lot after yesterday, other than he isn't looking & acting silly while committing many of those same sins. 

It's just his 2nd year in the hot seat, so it's not like he can't improve. Like I said last season, hopefully it's just lack of confidence in making bolder decisions and in taking a more active role in more aspects than just his comfort zone (defense). I don't know. Maybe I'm just bitter after a loss like many others. But so far he's looking more like that initial breath of fresh air & culture change than a great football mind. 

A HC who doesn't take a serious interest in both sides of the ball is gonna be an ex-coach sooner than he or anyone else  thinks. Bowles seems like a sharp guy, but the Gailey hire was a red flag. Guy was out of football for some very good reasons. I understand he ran an offense that catered to Fitz's  strengths. But there's was a lack of aggressiveness yesterday that simply is not acceptable in the 2016 NFL. 

Pet peeve-running up the middle or a slow-developing run or a QB sneak down by the goal line are crap plays. Yeah, may be it worked for the Steelers in 1975, when nobody  was 3 bills. But they weren't facing 3 or 4 300+ giants who can bench press Hondas. 

And Powell went for 41 yards on 4 carries, all off tackle. Why didn't they do more of it? 

2 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

You post a paragraph hissy fit, where you do nothing but call people pussies, and expect people to not rag on you... Btw you come off as a whiny bitch.

You done trying to seem smart..... That's what halfwits do you know. They make long winded speeches in an attempt to validate themselves. This isn't one game people have seen Fitz's short comings since last year. unknown.gif

I like how you EDIT and later ADD on that personal attacks since you STILL can't make a counter argument. FYI, you just come across as an obtuse malcontent who can't put together a valid counterpoint.

1 hour ago, Embrace the Suck said:

"What I find laughable is the typical spoiled brat, bitter twerp, knee-jerk reactions and the bitçhing people here - you KNOW WHO YOU ARE - are having now after the initial game being decided, in the end, by a PK who hasn't played in nearly a year. 

Then JUST STFU and let those of us WHO DO NOT GIVE UP AND B!TCH all the time about this team enjoy this season which is MERELY beginning to CROWN. 

What a BUNCH of Phuking yellow-bellied Pu$$ies; all the WORSE if you've been a fan and following this team for over 20+ years, you should KNOW BETTER BY NOW. The way this team is, we'll probably end up at 14-2. Just when you THINK they will ZAG, they ZIG. Patience you petulant sophists of the modern-day national passion.B)" -Gas2No99

Oh, the bold was you progressing the conversation... I must have misread it... Do you have another paragraph rant in you as you've progressed the conversation so much...

I do actually . . . . 

What you bolded was my ORIGINAL post. AND YES, I do make the final point that this team has a tendency to usually outperform its skeptics and this why myopic threads like this are dumb and too soon to start complaining. "Progressing the conversation" would be YOU making more of an argument than just "This isn't one game people have seen Fitz's short comings since last year." 

IF you were SO hurt and afflicted by my post that you resort to calling me a Whiny Bitch AFTER our initial discourse, then CLEARLY you must identify with the dolts I was reprimanding in a jest manner and took it to heart for being referred to, and you probably relate to, as a Pu$$y. 

Alas, you can have to last word in this bout, I'm done wasting time with such witty dung as yourself. Have a pleasant evening and WONDERFUL season. BTW, Reading Comprehension 101 would do you some good. I not only Validate myself, but Parking as well!

This tit-for-tat bickering with the equivalent of a stupid twǻt is pointless. :o:D:lol: Adieu .

37 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

I like how you EDIT and later ADD on that personal attacks since you STILL can't make a counter argument. FYI, you just come across as an obtuse malcontent who can't put together a valid counterpoint.

I do actually . . . . 

What you bolded was my ORIGINAL post. AND YES, I do make the final point that this team has a tendency to usually outperform its skeptics and this why myopic threads like this are dumb and too soon to start complaining. "Progressing the conversation" would be YOU making more of an argument than just "This isn't one game people have seen Fitz's short comings since last year." 

IF you were SO hurt and afflicted by my post that you resort to calling me a Whiny Bitch AFTER our initial discourse, then CLEARLY you must identify with the dolts I was reprimanding in a jest manner and took it to heart for being referred to, and you probably relate to, as a Pu$$y. 

Alas, you can have to last word in this bout, I'm done wasting time with such witty dung as yourself. Have a pleasant evening and WONDERFUL season. BTW, Reading Comprehension 101 would do you some good. I not only Validate myself, but Parking as well!

This tit-for-tat bickering with the equivalent of a stupid twǻt is pointless. :o:D:lol: Adieu .

I see you're still trying to portray yourself as intellectual. Keep up the transference. You have lots of unresolved childhood issues. The one who is "so hurt" is the one posting paragraph after paragraph of nonsensical ranting. 

13 hours ago, Bugg said:

A HC who doesn't take a serious interest in both sides of the ball is gonna be an ex-coach sooner than he or anyone else  thinks. Bowles seems like a sharp guy, but the Gailey hire was a red flag. Guy was out of football for some very good reasons. I understand he ran an offense that catered to Fitz's  strengths. But there's was a lack of aggressiveness yesterday that simply is not acceptable in the 2016 NFL. 

Pet peeve-running up the middle or a slow-developing run or a QB sneak down by the goal line are crap plays. Yeah, may be it worked for the Steelers in 1975, when nobody  was 3 bills. But they weren't facing 3 or 4 300+ giants who can bench press Hondas. 

And Powell went for 41 yards on 4 carries, all off tackle. Why didn't they do more of it? 

To be fair I don't know why he was out of coaching for a few years, and it doesn't necessarily all point to one answer that no one wanted him near their team. Maybe he didn't get any new HC offers and while holding out for one he decided he was enjoying retirement. That is, until it got boring and he realized he doesn't have a decade to sit around and then first get back into it, already into his 60s. Some guys just don't want to accept the lesser role, or maybe the OC-only offers he got weren't for enough money. Maybe they were for offenses that had neither a decent QB - or being locked into a bad one for the next 2-3 years - nor a decent set of targets for him to throw to, to go with lousy OLs: things that would have made him look bad. It's not like there are 10 new OC openings every year. Even new HCs often (if not typically) like to bring in their own guys, and being into his 60s already he's not going to be any young HC hire's BFF.

I don't think he's the greatest OC eva, but he's not as bad as you say. He is seriously limited by what he's got. Namely, a QB who can't make every throw, or if he can make it he requires a full windup which telegraphs the throw a bit. Not to mention he's not exactly tall plus he throws kind of sidearm to boot. These are serious limitations and it's a bit lol to say he should just call the plays that worked and not call the plays that don't. I get the "too clever" notion of calling a play here & there that doesn't seem to match the situation, and going with what was working previously until they stop it, but with those playbook limitations built in to the options, one doesn't catch a defense off guard by calling predictable plays either. Truthfully on 3rd & 3 I prefer a play action that would have faked Powell running off RT since Cincy should have been appropriately worried about defending that yet again.  But the defense is compressed inside the 10 anyway so there aren't a pair of safeties and a linebacker all playing 20+ yards back to give Powell that kind of room so easily. It seems obvious because it wasn't called, and what was called didn't work. 

I admit there are plenty of times when I'm predicting yet another failure call up the gut on 2nd & 10, presumably for a more manageable 3rd down attempt, that up the gut run goes for 8, 9, or even a 1st down outright. I still would have hated the call without the benefit of hindsight that showed it was the exactly-correct call given the results. Had he gone off RT again and Powell got stuffed behind the LOS the complaint would have been the predictability and putting the game in the hands of the only backup starter playing on the o-line. Just saying.

Right now Bowles concerns me more than Gailey. Year 2 and he still seems to be handing off half of the football game to his subordinate, and the concern is he's doing it because he wouldn't be an asset if he was aiding in such planning throughout the week. Maybe that's not happening, since I'm not there, but it's my concern based on what he admitted himself last season.

Fitz was Fitz. But it was a group effort in the loss.

AJ Green abused Revis. Last catch off Revis sealed the game for the Bengals. I don't know why they didn't attempt to double him earlier. 

Folk was not automatic. 4 points wins the game. 1point goes into OT.

Marshall had a key drop.

Passing the ball 3 times inside the 10 or was it the 5 was a bad scheme IMO. Red zone execution was not successful.

D-line was A+.

O-line held up OK.

Fitz will need everyone to play well to win games. I don't think he played awful but needs to improve. You can't put the game on his shoulders. We know that.

That loss really stings because it was one we needed and had alot of opportunities to put it away.

I don't think you will see a QB change unless Fitz gets hurt or really loses it. Then you have Geno before Petty.

Just now, MaxAF said:

Fitz was Fitz. But it was a group effort in the loss.

AJ Green abused Revis. Last catch off Revis sealed the game for the Bengals. I don't know why they didn't attempt to double him earlier. 

Folk was not automatic. 4 points wins the game. 1point goes into OT.

Marshall had a key drop.

Passing the ball 3 times inside the 10 or was it the 5 was a bad scheme IMO. Red zone execution was not successful.

D-line was A+.

O-line held up OK.

Fitz will need everyone to play well to win games. I don't think he played awful but needs to improve. You can't put the game on his shoulders. We know that.

That loss really stings because it was one we needed and had alot of opportunities to put it away.

I don't think you will see a QB change unless Fitz gets hurt or really loses it. Then you have Geno before Petty.

Agree with just about all of this except we don't really know what the rest of the game would have resulted in, had Folk hit one or both of those kicks. Everything doesn't necessarily transpire the same way - for both teams - if the Jets have 1 or 3 or 4 more points on the board in the beginning of the 2nd quarter. Plays are called differently on both sides when the score is different. For example, maybe Cincy plays it a little different to get an extra yard or two and Nugent doesn't miss his own FG. Maybe not, and we would have won by 14. A million combinations of maybes. If such points taken off the board occur in the 4th quarter then it's obvious. Late 1st / early 2nd though, not so much, even if the math matches up like that at the end (and yes, given how infuriating it is to lose by that margin). And to be fair, the score still could have ended up the same (plus another 1-4 points for the Jets) had he made those kicks. We'll never know, though.

The rest of your post is 100% spot on.

13 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Right now Bowles concerns me more than Gailey. Year 2 and he still seems to be handing off half of the football game to his subordinate, and the concern is he's doing it because he wouldn't be an asset if he was aiding in such planning throughout the week. Maybe that's not happening, since I'm not there, but it's my concern based on what he admitted himself last season.

I don't necessarily share your concerns but that's absolutely what's happening.  He admitted as much as recently as a month or so ago when he said one of his goals was to spend more time (aka some time) with the offense this year.  It's the same thing Rex was killed over.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

I don't necessarily share your concerns but that's absolutely what's happening.  He admitted as much as recently as a month or so ago when he said one of his goals was to spend more time (aka some time) with the offense this year.  It's the same thing Rex was killed over.

That should be concerning until we find out he is doing it, more than saying it's a goal of his to spend some more time - which apparently means some time - with the offensive gameplanning past his Tuesday morning Gailey meetings. 

If he's not an active participant, even if he's only a fly on the wall for the first couple of months - or even the whole season - of it, how is he going to improve in this area? It's not going to happen just by holding the HC job title for longer. 

If I had a choice I take Bowles over Gailey. As was the case last year Gailey's playcalling is questionable. He does not have a winning record as a coach esp as a HC. I think he gets too much credit for last year because it was the players who got us that success. I just hope we see better play out of our secondary. It's kind of inexcusable when you have that kind of a pass rush all day to give up plays like that. Even Revis said something to that effect after the game. 

On 9/11/2016 at 11:01 PM, Barkus said:

Fitz was average at best today. 54%completion, less than 6ypa, passer rating of 77. Those are geno level numbers. He needs to be better than that. 

Exactly. Wasnt it last season where Geno completed 64% of his passes, 2 TD's, 1INT for 270 yards coming into the game cold and was absolutely ripped to shreds for that performance? Wasnt it Geno who threw a pass this preseason into double coverage and Jets fans were talking about how "It was the worse pass" they ever seen (against Redskins)?

Fitz statline Sunday was poor. The Redzone offense was poor. He played a below average game. Good decision making, poor accuracy. Geno's Raiders game was much better though he came in cold with no chemistry with the 1's and was coming back from injury. When its Fitz we hear about it being a "team loss"...which is true, but if that was Geno on the field yesterday would we hear about a "team loss"? Doubt it. The Jets lose against the Raiders and people literally made the excuse that the Jets defense played poorly because Geno was the QB on the field. 

Speaking of Geno throwing into double coverage, FItz threw into quadruple coverage Sunday and no one said a word. But thats not even the worst part. Not only did he throw into quadruple coverage, but Forte is WIDE OPEN in the flat at the top of the screen. I mean c'mon, someone has to be open if there are 4 guys around Marshall. 

15 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Bowles is an impossibly nice guy, and super easy to like, but he gets credit for a lot more good coaching than he's done. One year of a major - major - roster overhaul plus a JV schedule will make anyone look better than he is. For all the comments about his predecessor ignoring the offense - which was well warranted - this guy flat out admits all he does is have a talk with his OC on Tuesday about the offensive gameplan and then lets Gailey do his own thing from that point on until the following Tuesday. The other (again, valid) complaints were about clock management / use of timeouts, in-game adjustments, and defense allowing end of half/game drives to put points on the board. And what has changed in those other aspects? Doesn't look like a lot after yesterday, other than he isn't looking & acting silly while committing many of those same sins. 

It's just his 2nd year in the hot seat, so it's not like he can't improve. Like I said last season, hopefully it's just lack of confidence in making bolder decisions and in taking a more active role in more aspects than just his comfort zone (defense). I don't know. Maybe I'm just bitter after a loss like many others. But so far he's looking more like that initial breath of fresh air & culture change than a great football mind. 

Yeah, I remember the article where Fitz admitted he doesnt talk to Bowles at all.  Like, they have zero interaction through the week.  It was, as you said, Gailey going over the game plan, Bowles signing off and that's it.

The reality is, I dont think this is that uncommon in terms of how much time the coach spends meddling in each coordinators game plan.  I think obviously, it depends on what side of the ball you came from hence Todd not really having any input on offense...similar to Rex.  This equally as knowledgeable on both sides of the ball coach, doesnt actually exist. Only in the minds of fans. 

But not talking to your QB is bizarre.  They should literally have weekly one on one meetings.  Not just about game plan but about locker room culture stuff too.  He's your ******* leader...not having a single conversation with him throughout the week is nuts. 

Something that has been concerning me lately is, what is the identity of this team?  Like, what is Todd's vision?  What type of identity does he want?  Is he a passing team?  Is he a running team?  Are we a balanced team?  Do we line up and play or do we adjust each week to our opponent?  I have no clue.  And I wonder if Todd has a vision.  If he does, hopefully he's told the team because I dont recall him ever sharing that vision.  And not the he should...but just saying...this team really has no identity and there doesnt seem to be any type of consistent vision that they're trying to execute.  

15 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I agree. Macc has completely revamped this team. Out of the 53 players that Rex had when he was shown the door, Macc has added 36 new players to the 53 man roster. 36! 

"Major" is the right word. 

15 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

http://turnonthejets.com/2016/09/new-york-jets-loss-monday-vent-week-1/#more-33626

"FitzAverage 

Average would be kind. After a decent first half, Ryan Fitzpatrick went 7/16 for 78 yards with a INT yesterday in the second half. His overall completion percentage of 54 was good for 27th of 28 eligible week 1 quarterbacks and his 5.40 yards per attempt was good for 26th of 28 eligible week 1 quarterbacks. The Jets need Fitzpatrick to be a middle tier quarterback to compete for the playoffs, they cannot compete if he is going to be one of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL, which is what he was yesterday. This is a guy throwing to Eric Decker, Brandon Marshall, Matt Forte and an ascending Quincy Enunwa, there is no excuses and he shouldn’t skirt blame for yesterday. He deserves just as much as Todd Bowles, Darrelle Revis, Nick Folk and Brandon Marshall."

This and I dont know how anyone is arguing differently.  The Bengals realized that Fitz couldnt and wouldnt throw the ball more than 5 yards and they sat on the underneath stuff and he was an absolute disaster in the 2nd half.  The team took zero shots down field.  Zero.  You can only run a 5 yard slant so many times before it becomes the easiest route to defend on the planet.

He average 1 more yard than the RB's.  That's absolutely pathetic when you think about how loaded this offense is.  Suck.  We're missing a window with this offense. 

15 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

What I find laughable is the typical spoiled brat, bitter twerp, knee-jerk reactions and the bitçhing people here - you KNOW WHO YOU ARE - are having now after the initial game being decided, in the end, by a PK who hasn't played in nearly a year. 

What a BUNCH of Phuking yellow-bellied Pu$$ies; all the WORSE if you've been a fan and following this team for over 20+ years, you should KNOW BETTER BY NOW. The way this team is, we'll probably end up at 14-2. Just when you THINK they will ZAG, they ZIG. Patience you petulant sophists of the modern-day national passion.B)

There is so much contradiction in this post it's amazing and I love it.

Dont bitch, we suck!!!! Get used to it!!!  But stop whining!!!!

Let me enjoy sucking!!!  Just shut up!!!!  But I'm allowed to talk because I'm a fake optimistic!!!

Dont bitch but let me bitch about your bitching!!!

This was juicy!

15 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

http://turnonthejets.com/2016/09/new-york-jets-loss-monday-vent-week-1/#more-33626

"FitzAverage 

Average would be kind. After a decent first half, Ryan Fitzpatrick went 7/16 for 78 yards with a INT yesterday in the second half. His overall completion percentage of 54 was good for 27th of 28 eligible week 1 quarterbacks and his 5.40 yards per attempt was good for 26th of 28 eligible week 1 quarterbacks. The Jets need Fitzpatrick to be a middle tier quarterback to compete for the playoffs, they cannot compete if he is going to be one of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL, which is what he was yesterday. This is a guy throwing to Eric Decker, Brandon Marshall, Matt Forte and an ascending Quincy Enunwa, there is no excuses and he shouldn’t skirt blame for yesterday. He deserves just as much as Todd Bowles, Darrelle Revis, Nick Folk and Brandon Marshall."

@Warfish 

Anything to contribute to these "Advanced Stats" sir? 

"Same'ol Villain"....I know! ;)

Atleast im consistent! Maybe Fitz can take some pointers about consistency when throwing those terribly inaccurate passes all over the field. 

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

God, he was so bad...that one to Marshall, wide open in the end zone and he almost got him killed.  That was the one we missed the FG.  Said it right then...that could be the game.

He was pathetic in the 2nd half. 

You're right. He almost got both Marshall's killed Sunday. Brandon in the back of the endzone and Jalin later on by the Bengals 20 yard line. The safety absolutely unloaded on Jalin. Fortunately for Fitz the Bengals were hit for a DPI call, but if Jalin didnt tip that pass it could have actually been worse because the pass was thrown directly to the damn safety. 

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

There is so much contradiction in this post it's amazing and I love it.

Dont bitch, we suck!!!! Get used to it!!!  But stop whining!!!!

Let me enjoy sucking!!!  Just shut up!!!!  But I'm allowed to talk because I'm a fake optimistic!!!

Dont bitch but let me bitch about your bitching!!!

This was juicy!

THIS GUY ^^^^^ GETS IT!!!! lol. :D

phife.jpg

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

God, he was so bad...that one to Marshall, wide open in the end zone and he almost got him killed.  That was the one we missed the FG.  Said it right then...that could be the game.

He was pathetic in the 2nd half. 

I felt the momentum shift there as well but it was our second drive of the game.  I think there was a rub play right before where decker took it to the corner and fitz threw it to the goal line. these things will work itself out as the season goes imo.  Last year we killed it in the RZ, I see no reason for cleaning it up.

Not scoring with all those plays def sucked balls...

1 minute ago, whodeawhodat said:

I felt the momentum shift there as well but it was our second drive of the game.  I think there was a rub play right before where decker took it to the corner and fitz threw it to the goal line. these things will work itself out as the season goes imo.  Last year we killed it in the RZ, I see no reason for cleaning it up.

Not scoring with all those plays def sucked balls...

It was a killer, especially because it was off the INT on their side of the field.  Coming away with no points there gave life to the Bengals D.

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

This is incredible. Fitz completed 19 total passes, but 11 of those passes were completed BEHIND the LOS and all of the yards produced were from YAC. 

OMG - stop!!!!  This is making what I already new was a pathetic performance 10x worse. 

My biggest fear is us trying to justify the Fitz contract and giving him a long leash even if he struggles on Thursday night. I'll continue to say this, if you notice Rex has his number early, you make the change at QB and force Rex (a terrible coach at making adjustments in game) to switch his gameplan when Geno is in the game. He has Fitz' # and when we see check down Fitz in the first half, it's time to call #7 for a spark.

14 minutes ago, Mecca said:

My biggest fear is us trying to justify the Fitz contract and giving him a long leash even if he struggles on Thursday night. I'll continue to say this, if you notice Rex has his number early, you make the change at QB and force Rex (a terrible coach at making adjustments in game) to switch his gameplan when Geno is in the game. He has Fitz' # and when we see check down Fitz in the first half, it's time to call #7 for a spark.

Exactly. For most people the contract is justified because Fitz is "$12 Million x's better than Geno Smith". It's a shame when the justification for a crappy contract is fans personal feelings on the #2 QB. The reality is that...sure, we should have resigned him, but signing him at 12 million was f'ing crazy. I remember questioning signing him at $8 million. 12 million was totally uncalled for. Geno Smith could have played that game yesterday. 

Fitz is a quality QB for your football team, dont let my position confuse that fact, but 12 million dollars, for a guy who had that team last year and the 2nd easiest schedule? I would rather see Bryce Petty at this point and keep the 12 million. 

It's one thing to support Fitz, to each his own, but im not buying that its impossible for any other QB on this roster to be similar or better than what we just seen. 

20 minutes ago, Mecca said:

You are out of your mind.

First, Ryan Fitzpatrick had one of his better games on Sunday, clutch 3rd down conversions, 2 pretty TD passes, had us with the lead against a superior opponent with 2 minutes left on the 16 yard line before our lousy secondary blew it.  it's not like we signed Aaron Rodgers in the offseason.  Second, Geno Smith is the worst quarterback in the NFL and bringing him in wouldn't be a "spark", it would be a suicide.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You are out of your mind.

First, Ryan Fitzpatrick had one of his better games on Sunday, clutch 3rd down conversions, 2 pretty TD passes, had us with the lead against a superior opponent with 2 minutes left on the 16 yard line before our lousy secondary blew it.  it's not like we signed Aaron Rodgers in the offseason.  Second, Geno Smith is the worst quarterback in the NFL and bringing him in wouldn't be a "spark", it would be a suicide.

SAR I

lol.

15 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

lol.

No, what's funny is how so many expect Ryan Fitzpatrick to play like Tom Brady in these parts, it's laughable.

The Jets, like 25 other teams in the NFL, don't have a franchise quarterback.  So they sniffed the waiver wire, they took some dicerolls in the draft, and they picked up the best guy available in free agency in Ryan Fitzpatrick.  To expect him to play like Aaron Rodgers and hold him accountable to analysis like Aaron Rodgers is ridiculous.

"Look!  He didn't see Matt Forte in the flat!"  "Look!  He locks on to his primary receiver!"  "Look!  He forced the ball into double coverage!"  These are surprises to you?  You think a 33 year old journeyman quarterback is suddenly going to be groomed into Andrew Luck because he has some nice names as receiving targets?  You think the greatest QB in the NFL went undiscovered and fell into our laps because he's good at reading defenses and misdirecting safeties?  LOL.

You guys dissecting and criticizing Ryan Fitzpatrick is a colossal waste of time, anyone can tell you how he is going to play before he even plays.  2 TD's 1 INT, 200 yards, that's about what you get.  His greatest strength is his pocket presence and ability to scramble for first downs, he's a leader, players like him, he's a good mentor for Petty.  Oh, he doesn't look like Ben Roethlisberger?  Wow, shocker.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

No, what's funny is how so many expect Ryan Fitzpatrick to play like Tom Brady in these parts, it's laughable.

The Jets, like 25 other teams in the NFL, don't have a franchise quarterback.  So they sniffed the waiver wire, they took some dicerolls in the draft, and they picked up the best guy available in free agency in Ryan Fitzpatrick.  To expect him to play like Aaron Rodgers and hold him accountable to analysis like Aaron Rodgers is ridiculous.

"Look!  He didn't see Matt Forte in the flat!"  "Look!  He locks on to his primary receiver!"  "Look!  He forced the ball into double coverage!"  These are surprises to you?  You think a 33 year old journeyman quarterback is suddenly going to be groomed into Andrew Luck because he has some nice names as receiving targets?

You guys dissecting and criticizing Ryan Fitzpatrick is a colossal waste of time, anyone can tell you how he is going to play before he even plays.  2 TD's 1 INT, 200 yards, that's about what you get.  His greatest strength is his pocket presence and ability to scramble for first downs, he's a leader, players like him, he's a good mentor for Petty.  Oh, he doesn't look like Ben Roethlisberger?  Wow, shocker.

SAR I

lol.

Archived