Fitz is hot garbage.

Embrace the Suck

19 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I don't think he singlehandedly won those games but he didn't singlehandedly lose any like his haters keep screaming about week 17 etc. His overall play last season and this season is good and he puts us in a position to win. The only game we were really not in last year was against Oakland and that wasn't his fault. He was injured and Geno played most of that game. And the team played poorly after he left. Basically the Jets have a good team and can win and make the playoffs with him as our Qb. 

We're on the same page, but just to clarify, I believe he singlehandedly was the difference that led to 10 wins last year, any other quarterback we had or could have gotten goes 7-9.  Most important position in the sport, and all.

SAR I

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No, what Jets fans want is a franchise quarterback.  Dolphins got Marino, Bills got Kelly, Patriots got Brady, Colts got Manning, everyone in the old AFC East got their Hall of Famer, we never got ours.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is not a franchise quarterback, he's a placeholder, he's an everyman.  We root for him, we are "fans" of him because he's good for our team right now and is having some personal success, but he is not now or ever going to be a franchise caliber quarterback.  Apparently you want him to be.  That's your problem.

SAR I

So im not wrong. 

And what Jets fans want is a superbowl. Thats better than having Andrew Luck losing in the AFCCG every year, Jim Kelly losing 4 straight superbowls, Donovan McNabb losing 4 straight NFCCG's and a superbowl. 

This isnt about just wanting a franchise QB. We want a championship. And if that means having Brad Johnson as your QB (Ryan FItzpatrick) then so be it. But what we want is a superbowl. 

I could be wrong of course.

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

No, what Jets fans want is a franchise quarterback.  Dolphins got Marino, Bills got Kelly, Patriots got Brady, Colts got Manning, everyone in the old AFC East got their Hall of Famer, we never got ours.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is not a franchise quarterback, he's a placeholder, he's an everyman.  We root for him, we are "fans" of him because he's good for our team right now and is having some personal success, but he is not now or ever going to be a franchise caliber quarterback.  Apparently you want him to be.  That's your problem.

SAR I

Could have had one had we not won a bunch of meaningless games. But god forbid we tank, fans lose their minds.

Jet fans wants a franchise QB, but won't go to extreme measures in order to get one 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

SAR was wondering actually. 

Please, enough already.  The Super Bowl is out of the question for this team and for the 1-2 years that Ryan Fitzpatrick is on the Jets.  He is not capable of getting us there and the team is certainly not good enough yet.

Your argument is "waah, waah, we need Ryan Fitzpatrick to play better in order to win a Super Bowl!" which is just about the dumbest thing to say.  Ryan Fitzpatrick is already playing better, he's playing better than he ever has in his career and we should be grateful for that, it's all he can do, it's all he is.

SAR I

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

So im not wrong. 

And what Jets fans want is a superbowl. Thats better than having Andrew Luck losing in the AFCCG every year, Jim Kelly losing 4 straight superbowls, Donovan McNabb losing 4 straight NFCCG's and a superbowl.

This isnt about just wanting a franchise QB. We want a championship. And if that means having Brad Johnson as your QB (Ryan FItzpatrick) then so be it. But what we want is a superbowl.

I could be wrong of course.

You are wrong.  There are no "Ryan Fitzpatrick fans", no one wears his jersey at MetLife, no kids have his poster in their rooms, there is no Ryan Fitzpatrick Show on TV, there are no Ryan Fitzpatrick t-shirts.

There are "Jets fans" who root for Ryan Fitzpatrick to do well because it's in the best interest of the franchise for our backup interim quarterback to play well and get our youngsters the taste of winning football which will help us in 2018 when hopefully Petty or Hack step up and we are ready to compete for a division title.

Savvy?

SAR I

1 hour ago, King P said:

Could have had one had we not won a bunch of meaningless games. But god forbid we tank, fans lose their minds.

Jet fans wants a franchise QB, but won't go to extreme measures in order to get one 

Yes, but those once-a-decade type quarterbacks are a longshot.  The bigger issue is that every time we announce a patient rebuild the new coach goes and wins 10 games, fans get "go fever", the Jets load up on win-now free agents, and then we suck and start it all over again.  Groh, Edwards, Mangini, Ryan, Bowles, since Woody Johnson bought the Jets it's an endless cycle.

Maccagnan is going about finding us a franchise QB, and I love the strategy.  He's working the lower rounds of the draft, finding guys with all the measurables, going to teach them the pro-style offense they never experienced in college, going to try to find a diamond in the rough.  I like the idea of always having 2 kids on the roster getting a one-year tryout, keep rotating them, keep drafting them, eventually we're going to hit. 

And that's the beauty of Ryan Fitzpatrick-  he tides us over, he buys us time to be patient at QB while the rest of the roster gets a chance to develop in NFL games that are competitive.  The simple minded, they have a problem with this concept.  They easily get fooled into "go fever" again, they see 10 wins last year, they think we are ready for a run right now.  So sad.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You are wrong.  There are no "Ryan Fitzpatrick fans", no one wears his jersey at MetLife, no kids have his poster in their rooms, there is no Ryan Fitzpatrick Show on TV, there are no Ryan Fitzpatrick t-shirts.

There are "Jets fans" who root for Ryan Fitzpatrick to do well because it's in the best interest of the franchise for our backup interim quarterback to play well and get our youngsters the taste of winning football which will help us in 2018 when hopefully Petty or Hack step up and we are ready to compete for a division title.

Savvy?

SAR I

I never thought about it before but you are right. You don't see anyone with a Fitzpatrick jersey on. Very interesting point. I did however see three Hack jerseys at the game last Sunday and that surprised me too.

6 minutes ago, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

I never thought about it before but you are right. You don't see anyone with a Fitzpatrick jersey on. Very interesting point. I did however see three Hack jerseys at the game last Sunday and that surprised me too.

I think I'll spring for one when they go on clearance when he's no longer on the team. Put it on ice for a few years. That'll be a good throwback in 2030. That's one of those jerseys that will get you a smile and a nod from a random stranger from time to time. Like a Ronnie Lott or Boomer jersey.

Yes, these are the things I think about.

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

I think I'll spring for one when they go on clearance when he's no longer on the team. Put it on ice for a few years. That'll be a good throwback in 2030. That's one of those jerseys that will get you a smile and a nod from a random stranger from time to time. Like a Ronnie Lott or Boomer jersey.

Yes, these are the things I think about.

Or like a Namath Rams jersey

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

And that's the beauty of Ryan Fitzpatrick-  he tides us over, he buys us time to be patient at QB while the rest of the roster gets a chance to develop in NFL games that are competitive.  The simple minded, they have a problem with this concept.  They easily get fooled into "go fever" again, they see 10 wins last year, they think we are ready for a run right now.  So sad.

Yet to be proven Fitz can beat quality teams, but if the Jets can get two wins out of the next four...  everyone can call me the most simple minded fool here.  Because I'll believe we then have a shot at a decent playoff run.  And that's all ya can ask for.  Once you're a legitimate playoff team, anything can happen.

If Fitz's track record (of not beating good teams) holds though, it's a complete waste having him as QB.

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Technically we've had one ... Just too f*cking long ago

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Savvy?

SAR I

Ordering my Fitz jersey today.

Will look great next to my Patrick Ramsey jersey.

Remind me, did you pre-order a Jets Jersey with Lienert on it or no?  

I kid, I kid.

But in all seriousness, you do know Villian has a Jets Jersey with "Glennon" on the back, right?

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Please, enough already.  

How do you say this ^^^^^

Then continue with this...

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Savvy?

SAR I

A guy just admitted to being a Fitz fan RIGHT AFTER you wrote your nonsense. This has to be about the dumbest thing you've ever written on this website, and that would be rather hard to do given some of your past rants. In order to be considered a fan of someone would have to wear his Jersey at Metlife, even though they've admitted to being fan??? I seriously live in the age of smartphones and stupid people. 

Dude, jump in your BMW or whatever car you drive, press on the gas, put down the windows and get some fresh air because the sh*t you're smoking has truly clouded that mind of yours bro. 

As for the T-shirts. I specifically recall "Fitzmagic" T-shirts. You're failing....horribly. I will bow out here. The floors yours bro. However, when you do respond, my response will be "Please, enough already". Savvy! 

CT9LJ0AUwAEYEa_.jpg

13113888_1686014684993790_348888899_n.jp

13707234_1672486776412995_632132109_n.jp

Nyhavn-Fitzmagic.jpg

tumblr_nwseozLM021qa0ruwo1_500.jpg

tumblr_o3g0auEUE81qj2eolo1_500.jpg

13744280_834651113337087_1524073371_n.jp

Jetsfan719 even posted last October that he "just got his Fitz shirt for Sunday". I assume he wore it to Metlife. BUT it isn't a jersey so he's not a fan. 

On 10/22/2015 at 10:47 PM, jetsfan719 said:

1e50354779c0538cff09fc3df5255692.jpg

Got my shirt ready for sun emoji106.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I kid, I kid.

But in all seriousness, you do know Villian has a Jets Jersey with "Glennon" on the back, right?

See I guess I'm in the minority on stuff like this but a Ramsey jersey is awesome. If I saw a guy in that I'd yell out nice and then we'd high five like bros. 

You buy a jersey for two reasons: either the player is a legend or it's somewhat ironic and funny, thus timeless. The latter gets bonus points if it's something super niche that like 1/10 people would even remember.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I kid, I kid.

I actually tried, NFL shop blocked it. 

Not kidding. I tried to buy a custom Jets Glennon Jersey with his number and they refused to let me create it. 

The hate is real! lol. 

11 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Not kidding. I tried to buy a custom Jets Glennon Jersey with his number and they refused to let me create it. 

The hate is real! lol. 

I should buy a custom Jets jersey with #3 and the name Winston

Just as a constant reminder of what could have been 4gk3CmS.png

37 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The hate is real! lol. 

It really says something about your ideas when they're not worth thirty seconds of sweatshop labor at a quarter an hour to implement.

50 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

See I guess I'm in the minority on stuff like this but a Ramsey jersey is awesome. If I saw a guy in that I'd yell out nice and then we'd high five like bros. 

You buy a jersey for two reasons: either the player is a legend or it's somewhat ironic and funny, thus timeless. The latter gets bonus points if it's something super niche that like 1/10 people would even remember.

Only jersey Ive got is a Devito, he played at UMaine and 70 is the year I was born.

My Lott jersey got stolen from the laundymat in the 90s. (scumbags)

58 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

My Jerseys:

Toon.  Legend.

Chrebet, Legend IMO

Mangold, Legend and Future HOF'er

Ramsey, my biggest error ever, I truly believed in him.  Believed all he needed was a chance.  The jersey, I have to admit, is not post-ironic.  I bought it before he failed to even be noticed as  Jet

I still wear it, often actually.  One should be reminded they don't know everything.  

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

My Jerseys:

Toon.  Legend.

Chrebet, Legend IMO

Mangold, Legend and Future HOF'er

Ramsey, my biggest error ever, I truly believed in him.  Believed all he needed was a chance.  The jersey, I have to admit, is not post-ironic.  I bought it before he failed to even be noticed as  Jet

I still wear it, often actually.  One should be reminded they don't know everything.  

I have Toon, Coles, Chrebet, and Vilma. The first three are timeless, and I'm salty as hell about the Vilma one. His career simply fizzled out here and then he won a SB with the Saints before getting suspended for injury bribes. There's no brodown to be had off that one. It's like anyone who got a Pennington or Sanchez jersey. The memories of frustration of pain far outweigh any nostalgia either could draw up a few decades down the line. Vinny would. Fitz will. Other end of the spectrum is something like Bollinger, which is so hilariously preposterous that someone would have that, you just have to laugh.

I'm actually thinking about getting a Tebow jersey. They're on clearance. Throw that in storage till I'm 60, bust that out in 2041 and I'll be the toast of the Meadowlands.

Worst I ever saw was a guy last year in a Jets Meggett jersey, which was just wrong for so many reasons. 

20 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Only jersey Ive got is a Devito, he played at UMaine and 70 is the year I was born.

My Lott jersey got stolen from the laundymat in the 90s. (scumbags)

Lott's a good one. I'm always on the lookout for the white 90s jerseys. One of these days I'll find a mint condition white Dennis Byrd jersey. It's gonna happen.

Archived