Fitz is hot garbage.

Embrace the Suck

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a poor and difficult week, we had a good week.

The over-analysis and constant back-and-forth Team Fitz vs. Team Not-Fitz is wasted effort.

Fitz is our QB for now.  He won't be replaced in 2016 barring injury.  So lets root for the guy (because only an arsehole roots for an injury to his own QB).

We all know what Fitz is and what Fitz's limitations are.  There is no argument about Fitz-as-Franchise-QB.

He's our short term answer to a question that needs a long-term answer.

Lets agree, and stop 'debating' it like we don't get it, or think it's going to change in the short term.  It isn't.

All we (fans) can do is hope for more days like yesterday, and less days like Cincy. 

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The over-analysis and constant back-and-forth Team Fitz vs. Team Not-Fitz is wasted effort.

Fitz is our QB for now.  He won't be replaced in 2016 barring injury.  So lets root for the guy (because only an arsehole roots for an injury to his own QB).

We all know what Fitz is and what Fitz's limitations are.  There is no argument about Fitz-as-Franchise-QB.

Lets agree, and stop 'debating' it like we don't get it, or think it's going to change in the short term.  It isn't.

All we (fans) can do is hope for more days like yesterday, and less days like Cincy. 

You're a good guy. It's nice that you still respect these people enough to refer to this as "debate". 

Since, March or so, I've been looking at it more like realistic statements juxtaposed by the gargling noise of a regurgitated paint chip and insecurity smoothie.

12 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Embrace the Suck

Ha, I hope he can keep it up. What happens if he doesn't? People seem more interested in personal attacks than sustained success, one week against a perennial losing team means little. Unfortunately history isn't on his side. I hope he does though. I could care less, but not much, about random whoevers on the web...

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

Fitz cant win more than 6 games

Fitz can't lead comebacks

Fitz cant throw deep

Fitz has the WORST arm in the NFL

Fitz can't Beat Rex Ryan

Fitz can't be the franchise QB and win a SB ................................

He keeps proving people wrong and I think he has what it takes, not only to do everything on that list but to do it with class even in the face of his detractors.

If I had to pick one player over the past 2 years that has turned this franchise around that player would be Ryan Fitzpatrick he's obviously not the same QB he was in previous years and as Jets fans we need to keep hoping he proves everyone who goes against him wrong and I think he will.

Go Fitz !!!!

9 hours ago, Big Blocker said:

^

Nonsense.  The fact is that Smith Fans as a group condemned Fitzpatrick as, well, the kind of Qb they were certain was INCAPABLE of having a game like last night's.  Weak arm, turns the ball over, just plain bad. 

There's nothing wrong with pointing out that they were wrong.

One game does not make a season or career, and calling out Fitz doesn't make you a Smith fan. The reason why smith is brought up is because Fitz fans, the people who actually bring him up ironically, don't have much to lean on so they deflect towards an easy target. I want Fitz to do well, but if he underwhelms he underwhelms. Last night he threw well in the intermediate game 15-30 yard passes and played like a big boy QB. I hope he keeps it up.

1 hour ago, Embrace the Suck said:

One game does not make a season or career, and calling out Fitz doesn't make you a Smith fan. The reason why smith is brought up is because Fitz fans, the people who actually bring him up ironically, don't have much to lean on so they deflect towards an easy target. I want Fitz to do well, but if he underwhelms he underwhelms. Last night he threw well in the intermediate game 15-30 yard passes and played like a big boy QB. I hope he keeps it up.

Sure seems like you could care less.

5 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Fitz cant win more than 6 games

Fitz can't lead comebacks

Fitz cant throw deep

Fitz has the WORST arm in the NFL

Fitz can't Beat Rex Ryan

Fitz can't be the franchise QB and win a SB ................................

He keeps proving people wrong and I think he has what it takes, not only to do everything on that list but to do it with class even in the face of his detractors.

If I had to pick one player over the past 2 years that has turned this franchise around that player would be Ryan Fitzpatrick he's obviously not the same QB he was in previous years and as Jets fans we need to keep hoping he proves everyone who goes against him wrong and I think he will.

Go Fitz !!!!

Mike+tyson+s+laughing+mike+tyson+s+laugh

8 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I don't actually think there are any Fitz fans. 

I think there are Jets fans who are happy that this experienced and serviceable quarterback is acting like a strong leader and playing well enough to get us into the playoff conversation after years of lousy play at the position.  

SAR I

17 hours ago, Warfish said:

Agree.  This logic (if adhered to) would save about 10K threads from being started. Some of the more fierce agenda posters will hijack other threads to make themselves heard but your post is spot on.

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

I think there are Jets fans who are happy that this experienced and serviceable quarterback is acting like a strong leader and playing well enough to get us into the playoff conversation after years of lousy play at the position.  

SAR I

+1, sort of.

I'm a Fitz Fan, Iove his passion, his leadership, his attitude, his effort despite his weaknesses and failings.  I admit and accept his limitations and know he's not a long-term answer in any form.  I think he's a solid competitive bridge to whomever our future is (Petty I hope, Hackenlol in a few years, someone else?)

And this should be pointed out:  The reason Smith comes up when people are critical of Fitz is because the debate isn't "Fitz vs. every other QB".  It's "Fitz vs. Geno".  They're the only options, so it's either Fitz OR Geno.  

Want one benched (Fitz), fine, but that view implicitly also includes "Start Geno".  

I understand frustration with Fitz, he's no Manning, no Brady, not even in the same league.   But he's the best option, the Coach supported option, the players supported option.  Why he isn't the fan supported option amongst many (mostly those who previously argued for Geno) I cannot personally understand.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

+1, sort of.

I'm a Fitz Fan, Iove his passion, his leadership, his attitude, his effort despite his weaknesses and failings.  I admit and accept his limitations and know he's not a long-term answer in any form.  I think he's a solid competitive bridge to whomever our future is (Petty I hope, Hackenlol in a few years, someone else?)

And this should be pointed out:  The reason Smith comes up when people are critical of Fitz is because the debate isn't "Fitz vs. every other QB".  It's "Fitz vs. Geno".  They're the only options, so it's either Fitz OR Geno.  

Want one benched (Fitz), fine, but that view implicitly also includes "Start Geno".  

I understand frustration with Fitz, he's no Manning, no Brady, not even in the same league.   But he's the best option, the Coach supported option, the players supported option.  Why he isn't the fan supported option amongst many (mostly those who previously argued for Geno) I cannot personally understand.

i didn't argue ever saying Geno was better than Fitzpatrick i wanted to see what Geno could do with this offense that is all. 

Go Fitzpatrick 

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Im not sure if the highlighted is true but what people want is to be more than just a conversation piece. 

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

+1, sort of.

See SAR....didnt take that long. 

I'm a Fitz fan but not a Geno hater. I like Fitz because he's a good player, smart, commands the huddle and gives us a chance to win every week (so far). I also like the way he plays tough, uses his legs, etc. And respect him for after getting his thumb broken playing in the same game after Geno was injured. Geno came back in and was tough that day, too. No excuses from Fitz any week he mans up and doesn't throw his teammates under the bus.  I don't wear a 14 watching games and don't own one. I have a 24 (tee) and a 21 (Tomlinson) tee. I do have a couple of Favre jerseys dating back to 2008 when I went crazy and bought three of them. In retrospect I wish I'd of had a Chad P jersey over BF. I did buy my daughter one that crazy day at Hofstra when Favre had just joined the team and the Chad jerseys went on sale cheap. 

26 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Im not sure if the highlighted is true but what people want is to be more than just a conversation piece. 

No, what Jets fans want is a franchise quarterback.  Dolphins got Marino, Bills got Kelly, Patriots got Brady, Colts got Manning, everyone in the old AFC East got their Hall of Famer, we never got ours.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is not a franchise quarterback, he's a placeholder, he's an everyman.  We root for him, we are "fans" of him because he's good for our team right now and is having some personal success, but he is not now or ever going to be a franchise caliber quarterback.  Apparently you want him to be.  That's your problem.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No, what Jets fans want is a franchise quarterback.  Dolphins got Marino, Bills got Kelly, Patriots got Brady, Colts got Manning, everyone in the old AFC East got their Hall of Famer, we never out ours.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is not a franchise quarterback, he's a placeholder, he's an everyman.  We root for him, we are "fans" of him because he's good for our team right now and is having some personal success, but he is not now or ever going to be a franchise caliber quarterback.  Apparently you want him to be.  That's your problem.

SAR I

Personally I think that Fitz is better than a placeholder but not a franchise Qb. I also think you can win without a franchise Qb. I'm not a fan of trading all of my assets every year to try and get one. The odds of finding one are low anyways plus many franchise Qbs do not turn around their franchise. Guys like Stafford have losing records. (he is ten games under .500)

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Personally I think that Fitz is better than a placeholder but not a franchise Qb. I also think you can win without a franchise Qb I'm not a fan of trading all of my assets every year to try and get one. The odds of finding one are low anyways plus many franchise Qbs do not turn around their franchise. Guys like Stafford have losing records. (he is ten games under .500)

Don't get me wrong-  I like Ryan Fitzpatrick, I believe he singlehandedly drove us to 10 wins last year, I don't think any other quarterback on our roster or attainable in free agency wins that game at Buffalo the other night, he's exceeding my expectations in spades since he was named the starter.

However, anyone thinking we are the '85 Bears or the '00 Ravens who won Super Bowl's on the strength of their defense and only needed a Fitzpatrick-type to go all the way are sorely mistaken.  Fitzpatrick '15, like Sanchez '10, did more to bail out a failing fourth quarter defense than he did ride on their coattails.  We are a 4-12 rebuild that has pulled off some nice wins, we are taking baby steps toward a roster that can have some sustained success, every Jets fan should be happy right now regardless of whether we go 10-6 or 6-10 this year.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Don't get me wrong-  I like Ryan Fitzpatrick, I believe he singlehandedly drove us to 10 wins last year, I don't think any other quarterback on our roster or attainable in free agency wins that game at Buffalo the other night, he's exceeding my expectations in spades since he was named the starter.

However, anyone thinking we are the '85 Bears or the '00 Ravens who won Super Bowl's on the strength of their defense and only needed a Fitzpatrick-type to go all the way are sorely mistaken.  Fitzpatrick '15, like Sanchez '10, did more to bail out a failing fourth quarter defense than he did ride on their coattails.  We are a 4-12 rebuild that has pulled off some nice wins, we are taking baby steps toward a roster that can have some sustained success, every Jets fan should be happy right now regardless of whether we go 10-6 or 6-10 this year.

SAR I

I don't think he singlehandedly won those games but he didn't singlehandedly lose any like his haters keep screaming about week 17 etc. His overall play last season and this season is good and he puts us in a position to win. The only game we were really not in last year was against Oakland and that wasn't his fault. He was injured and Geno played most of that game. And the team played poorly after he left. Basically the Jets have a good team and can win and make the playoffs with him as our Qb. 

Archived