Fitz is hot garbage.

Embrace the Suck

Fitz is a C+ QB.  He's not AWFUL but he's not above average either.  Maybe even slightly below average at times.  He's not the guy I want leading my team from behind with not much time left. 

There were other QBs who had the same ability level at Fitz we could have signed this off season for half the price.  Fitz has a great personality, his teamates love him, and there are a lot of people who love their Fitzmagic t-shirts and Fitzmagic beards but he's even a top 20 QB.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

There is an old axiom that if you have two quarterbacks then you have no quarterbacks. The Jets have 4 quarterbacks. That means they have divided by zero and the universe has ceased to exist. The Jets QB situation is so bad it has destroyed the universe.

This.  lmfao

2 hours ago, JiF said:

In today's NFL, you have to be able to attack all levels of the field.  You have to, otherwise, you become predictable and easy to defend.  That's what you saw yesterday.  We came out hot, dinking and dunking...everything was working and the Bengals adjusted at the half and the Jets couldnt move the ball.  And this in on a day the RB's were averaging 5.1 per carry.  Let me repeat that, the RB's were basically averaging the same yardage per carry as the QB per throw.  That's pathetic. 

Meanwhile, the Bengals hit every single spot on the field.  Long passes, short passes, swing passes, TE's up the seam, RB's out the backfield...they threw everything at the Jets and they were basically breaking in a new offense outside of the RB's and AJ Green.  They attacked every level of the field and the Jets "dominate" defense with one of the most "brilliant defensive minds" in the game, couldnt adjust. 

exactly.  they're going to have to stretch the field, if only for a few plays each game.  i wonder how many other teams did not have an offensive play longer than 25 yards yesterday.

cimini_rich_m.jpg

Jets owner Woody Johnson, speaking at a charity event in Manhattan, sounded a bit troubled by his team's 0-1 start. "I prefer winning," he said, according to the New York Daily News. "We've got to get it together. We can play a lot better than that."

I've always been skeptical of Fitzpatrick but I'm not going to throw him on the trash heap
after one game.  But that performance was brutal, particularly when our secondary options
(Forte, Enunwa & Powell) came up big.  What's worst is if he can't get the ball down the
field he'll waste our young WR's because they all can get vertical

7 minutes ago, KRL said:

I've always been skeptical of Fitzpatrick but I'm not going to throw him on the trash heap
after one game.  But that performance was brutal, particularly when our secondary options
(Forte, Enunwa & Powell) came up big.  What's worst is if he can't get the ball down the
field he'll waste our young WR's because they all can get vertical

those wrs are for petty and hack.  jalin however should be used now.

17 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

What that he'd hit Brandon Marshall in the hands at midfield with over 30 seconds left then throw a desperation INT when it didn't matter?

OK

Please if any other Jet QB made that throw , they'd be called out for what it was, a badly thrown ball well behind Marshall. Still Marshall has made those types of catches before and as the saying goes , if you get your hands on it you should catch it.

And a desperation throw when it didn't matter ????  We were down by 1 point , 2 intermediate sideline completions would have given us the shot at a game winning FG.

27 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:
cimini_rich_m.jpg

Jets owner Woody Johnson, speaking at a charity event in Manhattan, sounded a bit troubled by his team's 0-1 start. "I prefer winning," he said, according to the New York Daily News. "We've got to get it together. We can play a lot better than that."

That type of talk is directed toward a coach...

15 hours ago, predator_05 said:

Let's invent a time-machine and go back in time, specifically back to the time of the 2014 NFL draft. And instead of taking Calvin 'hard-hitter' Pryor, we draft Derek Carr.

Wouldn't that be nice.

Yes , Rex With Derek Carr . He probably would have been bagging groceries by now.  For the past decade our front office and coaching staffs have been the most inept at developing young offensive talent. Let's hope this FO gets it right with Petty/Hackenburg/and whomever else they may draft. The fact they kept the 3 young recievers tells me this may be different - time will tell.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

That type of talk is directed toward a coach...

As it should be.

Well coached teams don't lose home games in the last 2 minutes. Playoff teams win yesterday. Bowles should be on notice a bit, the honeymoon is over. At some point, the culture of enabling "well, almost" has to end.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

As it should be.

Well coached teams don't lose home games in the last 2 minutes. Playoff teams win yesterday. Bowles should be on notice a bit, the honeymoon is over. At some point, the culture of enabling "well, almost" has to end.

the culture of 'we assume vets are good enough to get it done' also has to end.  the leaders of the team really didn't show up much yesterday.

12 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Please if any other Jet QB made that throw , they'd be called out for what it was, a badly thrown ball well behind Marshall. Still Marshall has made those types of catches before and as the saying goes , if you get your hands on it you should catch it.

And a desperation throw when it didn't matter ????  We were down by 1 point , 2 intermediate sideline completions would have given us the shot at a game winning FG.

100% correct.  The pass to Marhsall was awful, almost as bad as the fact that he didn't catch it.  They are both at fault.  Yes, Marshall should have caught it, but yes, he shouldn't have had to catch it behind him.   That's a routine throw for an NFL QB.

6 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

true, glad to see our running game pick up as the game went on.  Everything seemed to be working except the red zone...

That was the Bengals making adjustments, They gave up the runs and kept the middle clogged . FItz couldn't beat them deep which is no surprise. Expect much more of this as the season wares on especially against better defenses.  Basically they said to the Jets if you want to score you are going to have to put together perfectly executed long sustained drives. 

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

As it should be.

I just saw a quick clip from a presser and he was denying that they had substitution issues.  WTF???  He said it only happened once.  No no no...it happened a bunch.  Guys were getting out there way late.  The long pass to Lafell...the entire defense was standing around trying to figure out who was in and who was out...nobody got set.  There were others too.  

If I recall (and I cant remember exactly though), he didnt sub at the end of the 2nd half when the Bengals did.  He has the right to get his subs in when the offense does (the whole Cheatriot thing from years ago).  He didnt sub.  He left the same team on the field.  If he would have subbed, time would have run out and no FG attempt would have happened.  The Bengals were out of TO's. 

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

That was the Bengals making adjustments, They gave up the runs and kept the middle clogged . FItz couldn't beat them deep which is no surprise. Expect much more of this as the season wares on especially against better defenses.  Basically they said to the Jets if you want to score you are going to have to put together perfectly executed long sustained drives. 

ummm.... we did drive, honestly, i prefer a time consuming drive to a quick hit score(in most cases). let our defense rest.  our issue was not being able to score TDs from 1st and goal on a couple of occasions... 

1 minute ago, whodeawhodat said:

ummm.... we did drive, honestly, i prefer a time consuming drive to a quick hit score(in most cases). let our defense rest.  our issue was not being able to score TDs from 1st and goal on a couple of occasions... 

Two different issues intricately related. If the Jets were able to convert in the redzone , the Bengals would have been forced to attack on D , the fact that Jets weren't converting allowed the Bengals to lay off the pass rush and clog the middle.

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

exactly.  they're going to have to stretch the field, if only for a few plays each game.  i wonder how many other teams did not have an offensive play longer than 25 yards yesterday.

The Cowboys.  They lost scoring 19 points. 

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Two different issues intricately related. If the Jets were able to convert in the redzone , the Bengals would have been forced to attack on D , the fact that Jets weren't converting allowed the Bengals to lay off the pass rush and clog the middle.

we converted all they way to their doorstep, while I agree that they may have played differently as a different score would dictate, I think that is more of totally different scenario rather than different issues.  maybe I just missed your point..

2 hours ago, JiF said:

I just saw a quick clip from a presser and he was denying that they had substitution issues.  WTF???  He said it only happened once.  No no no...it happened a bunch.  Guys were getting out there way late.  The long pass to Lafell...the entire defense was standing around trying to figure out who was in and who was out...nobody got set.  There were others too.  

If I recall (and I cant remember exactly though), he didnt sub at the end of the 2nd half when the Bengals did.  He has the right to get his subs in when the offense does (the whole Cheatriot thing from years ago).  He didnt sub.  He left the same team on the field.  If he would have subbed, time would have run out and no FG attempt would have happened.  The Bengals were out of TO's. 

Bowles is an impossibly nice guy, and super easy to like, but he gets credit for a lot more good coaching than he's done. One year of a major - major - roster overhaul plus a JV schedule will make anyone look better than he is. For all the comments about his predecessor ignoring the offense - which was well warranted - this guy flat out admits all he does is have a talk with his OC on Tuesday about the offensive gameplan and then lets Gailey do his own thing from that point on until the following Tuesday. The other (again, valid) complaints were about clock management / use of timeouts, in-game adjustments, and defense allowing end of half/game drives to put points on the board. And what has changed in those other aspects? Doesn't look like a lot after yesterday, other than he isn't looking & acting silly while committing many of those same sins. 

It's just his 2nd year in the hot seat, so it's not like he can't improve. Like I said last season, hopefully it's just lack of confidence in making bolder decisions and in taking a more active role in more aspects than just his comfort zone (defense). I don't know. Maybe I'm just bitter after a loss like many others. But so far he's looking more like that initial breath of fresh air & culture change than a great football mind. 

http://turnonthejets.com/2016/09/new-york-jets-loss-monday-vent-week-1/#more-33626

"FitzAverage 

Average would be kind. After a decent first half, Ryan Fitzpatrick went 7/16 for 78 yards with a INT yesterday in the second half. His overall completion percentage of 54 was good for 27th of 28 eligible week 1 quarterbacks and his 5.40 yards per attempt was good for 26th of 28 eligible week 1 quarterbacks. The Jets need Fitzpatrick to be a middle tier quarterback to compete for the playoffs, they cannot compete if he is going to be one of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL, which is what he was yesterday. This is a guy throwing to Eric Decker, Brandon Marshall, Matt Forte and an ascending Quincy Enunwa, there is no excuses and he shouldn’t skirt blame for yesterday. He deserves just as much as Todd Bowles, Darrelle Revis, Nick Folk and Brandon Marshall."

What I find laughable is the typical spoiled brat, bitter twerp, knee-jerk reactions and the bitçhing people here - you KNOW WHO YOU ARE - are having now after the initial game being decided, in the end, by a PK who hasn't played in nearly a year. 

Then JUST STFU and let those of us WHO DO NOT GIVE UP AND B!TCH all the time about this team enjoy this season which is MERELY beginning to CROWN. 

What a BUNCH of Phuking yellow-bellied Pu$$ies; all the WORSE if you've been a fan and following this team for over 20+ years, you should KNOW BETTER BY NOW. The way this team is, we'll probably end up at 14-2. Just when you THINK they will ZAG, they ZIG. Patience you petulant sophists of the modern-day national passion.B)

12 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

What I find laughable is the typical spoiled brat, bitter twerp, knee-jerk reactions and the bitçhing people here - you KNOW WHO YOU ARE - are having now after the initial game being decided, in the end, by a PK who hasn't played in nearly a year. 

Then JUST STFU and let those of us WHO DO NOT GIVE UP AND B!TCH all the time about this team enjoy this season which is MERELY beginning to CROWN. 

What a BUNCH of Phuking yellow-bellied Pu$$ies; all the WORSE if you've been a fan and following this team for over 20+ years, you should KNOW BETTER BY NOW. The way this team is, we'll probably end up at 14-2. Just when you THINK they will ZAG, they ZIG. Patience you petulant sophists of the modern-day national passion.B)

That doofus of an interception when field goal range was all they needed to win though.

14 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Petulant... Define irony... 

19 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Petulant... Define irony... 

how about you learn what Ironic means in its proper context and then realize, especially in internet forums, how it can be applied for a humorous effect to substitute for sarcasm.

By your screen name, it's rather evident you can't contribute a proper counter reply to my previous post and probably are used to, and EXPECT, the $hit to roll down your way all the time, thus your aptly applied title of one who throughout life will ALWAYS "Embrace the Suck."

Typical of your ilk.

This game is seriously must win. We have Kansas City, Seattle, and Pittsburgh the following three games. If you see Rex has Fitz' number early, you have to make the change at QB. If the Safety's take away our running game/slants and the corners are in press-man coverage, we're going to see week 17 part 2. 

28 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

how about you learn what Ironic means in its proper context and then realize, especially in internet forums, how it can be applied for a humorous effect to substitute for sarcasm.

By your screen name, it's rather evident you can't contribute a proper counter reply to my previous post and probably are used to, and EXPECT, the $hit to roll down your way all the time, thus your aptly applied title of one who throughout life will ALWAYS "Embrace the Suck."

Typical of your ilk.

Actually, Embrace the Suck is a Marine saying and it's something Marines do... So go ahead and keep whining. You post a paragraph hissy fit, where you do nothing but call people pussies, and expect people to not rag on you... Btw you come off as a whiny bitch.

6 minutes ago, Mecca said:

This game is seriously must win. We have Kansas City, Seattle, and Pittsburgh the following three games. If you see Rex has Fitz' number early, you have to make the change at QB. If the Safety's take away our running game/slants and the corners are in press-man coverage, we're going to see week 17 part 2. 

@Arizona to top it off doesnt scare you?

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Bowles is an impossibly nice guy, and super easy to like, but he gets credit for a lot more good coaching than he's done. One year of a major - major - roster overhaul plus a JV schedule will make anyone look better than he is. For all the comments about his predecessor ignoring the offense - which was well warranted - this guy flat out admits all he does is have a talk with his OC on Tuesday about the offensive gameplan and then lets Gailey do his own thing from that point on until the following Tuesday. The other (again, valid) complaints were about clock management / use of timeouts, in-game adjustments, and defense allowing end of half/game drives to put points on the board. And what has changed in those other aspects? Doesn't look like a lot after yesterday, other than he isn't looking & acting silly while committing many of those same sins. 

It's just his 2nd year in the hot seat, so it's not like he can't improve. Like I said last season, hopefully it's just lack of confidence in making bolder decisions and in taking a more active role in more aspects than just his comfort zone (defense). I don't know. Maybe I'm just bitter after a loss like many others. But so far he's looking more like that initial breath of fresh air & culture change than a great football mind. 

I disagree... I think, even on a board like this one, most of us have expressed some doubts about Bowles.  We seem to be giving him some rope but yesterday looked like week 17 last year. HE has made many REX like moves.  We are simply fans but we saw it in REX in 2009. We let it go because we were STARVED for a playoff win let alone a shot at a SB.

At this point, Bowles looks very REX like in his decisions.  He lost at least one game last year on decisions, yesterday MAY be another but that's a stretch. 

5 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Actually, Embrace the suck is a Marine saying... Keep whining. You post a paragraph hissy fit, where you do nothing but call people pussies, and expect people to not rag on you...

Well good for you on the original screen name then, makes you all the mightier in matters regarding cute phrases. bravo. 

As to your torpid remark, I'm not whining but merely stating that this thread and the OP is, as you say,  having a "hissy fit." Apparently your reading comprehension is weak because all the prior posts were short-sighted whining after ONE game. 

Once again, if you can't come up with a valid and intelligent counter point to what I stated as being completely erroneous, then just twiddle your thumbs elsewhere. The previous rantings on this thread are not examples of incessant childish whining after ONE game? Get a clue. And being "ragged on" in the internet is a given because encountering mental midgets such as yourself is commonplace; when there is a lack of wherewithal for a witty rebuttal, "ragging on" is the typical sticks & stone tool a less evolved mind  resorts to. And I do MORE than just call them pu$$ies, I OFFER other viewpoints and cite historical events to validate my disposition. :D

7 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Well good for you on the original screen name then, makes you all the mightier in matters regarding cute phrases. bravo. 

As to your torpid remark, I'm not whining but merely stating that this thread and the OP is, as you say,  having a "hissy fit." Apparently your reading comprehension is weak because all the prior posts were short-sighted whining after ONE game. 

Once again, if you can't come up with a valid and intelligent counter point to what I stated as being completely erroneous, then just twiddle your thumbs elsewhere. The previous rantings on this thread are not examples of incessant childish whining after ONE game? Get a clue. And being "ragged on" in the internet is a given because encountering mental midgets such as yourself is commonplace; when there is a lack of wherewithal for a witty rebuttal, "ragging on" is the typical sticks & stone tool a less evolved mind  resorts to. And I do MORE than just call them pu$$ies, I OFFER other viewpoints and cite historical events to validate my disposition. :D

You done trying to seem smart..... That's what halfwits do you know. They make long winded speeches in an attempt to validate themselves. This isn't one game people have seen Fitz's short comings since last year. 

Just now, Embrace the Suck said:

You done trying to seem smart..... This isn't one game people have seen Fitz's short comings since last year.

You done zinging one liners without progressing the conversation? Unfortunate that my comprehension and use of the english language (which wasn't my first) equates with "trying to be smart." Maybe you should expand on your vocabulary and writing skills to express and MAKE A VALID POINT for once. 

WE ALL saw the shortcomings of the QB, that's why the off-season debate ravaged on the way it did FOR MONTHS. NOTHING #14 did yesterday should be new to ANY Jets fan, dating BACK to Fitzy's Buffalo days. 

Yet, despite Fitz's shortcomings, it's universally accepted he's been the best player to PLAY the QB position for the Jets since 2008. So, after just ONE GAME, repeating the same vitriol AT THIS STAGE of the burgeoning season is naive, short-sighted, and petulant, or in other words, a viewpoint by people who have a loser mentality - I guess they simply just Embrace the Suck to put it more eloquently. :D

Meez dun trynz to keep up wit yooz in dis heeer DEE-bate. 

Archived