Josh McCown shoulder injury-Time is ripe to trade Geno

sheastadiumjetfan

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Joejet said:

Better than Carson Wentz who they could have drafted this year?

Well, I was not saying it was a good strategy it just seems like their intention to tank the season and add another draft class before competing, some would say Deshaun Watson is a better prospect (and they could have ended up with Goff) but Wentz does look very good (fun to watch) and Cleveland already said they did not consider him a top tier QB (bad scouts? see Rams) so who knows if it will work out but they will have more opportunities with two picks in the 1st and two picks in the 2nd next year, moneyball...

45 minutes ago, Paradis said:

This is the dumbest stuff next to powdered toast. 

"Hey! Some team lost their QB insurance - so let's trade them ours, so we can be in the exact same situation when our starter gets hurt in 2 weeks"

Moronic.

Well that would all depend on what they think of Petty, the real thing that totally limits this is the fact that Hackenburg cannot play at all at this point in time.

20 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well that would all depend on what they think of Petty, the real thing that totally limits this is the fact that Hackenburg cannot play at all at this point in time.

If they thought that much of Petty, Geno would be gone. 

14 minutes ago, Paradis said:

If they thought that much of Petty, Geno would be gone. 

Petty was injured.  If they thought petty was equal to geno and if Hackenburg could play at all and they got an offer for Geno it is plausible to think they would trade him.

Probably the best kept secret to the current NY Jets is what the coach and front office really think about Geno.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Petty was injured.  If they thought petty was equal to geno and if Hackenburg could play at all and they got an offer for Geno it is plausible to think they would trade him.

Probably the best kept secret to the current NY Jets is what the coach and front office really think about Geno.

Sort of true, yea. There's some things we can deduce however -- otherwise he'd be our starter, or off the team altogether.

Look i get. No one likes Geno. But personally, i've grown tired of all the "could be, might be, should be" narratives. if Petty was ready, we wouldn't have Geno on the roster period. That's all there is to know. Petty should be the one to trade IMO. If Hack isn't ready to push next year, then we gotta go after a real QB and fck off with all these projects. I'm not hanging onto the dreams of Petty because he has an arm. 

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Sort of true, yea. There's some things we can deduce however -- otherwise he'd be our starter, or off the team altogether.

Look i get. No one likes Geno. But personally, i've grown tired of all the "could be, might be, should be" narratives. if Petty was ready, we wouldn't have Geno on the roster period. That's all there is to know. Petty would be the one to trade. 

Actually You don't get it

Petty & Hack are going to be the guys In 2017 they are not going to be traded

(exception ... If Fitz has monster year this year then we may use the GM credit card and try to push that back a year or 2 )

44 minutes ago, ljr said:

Actually You don't get it

Petty & Hack are going to be the guys In 2017 they are not going to be traded

(exception ... If Fitz has monster year this year then we may use the GM credit card and try to push that back a year or 2 )

Straight from the mouth of Macc? Not sure what the fkc this has to do with who our back up is RIGHT NOW.  

This franchise is going to clean their hands of these guys if they're not ready to step up next year. Pencliling in the future as Hack and Petty is not only naive, but also gloomy. How about you hire some muppet in your workplace, have your job hang on how that muppet does in the workplace -- then tell your boss, no YOU don't get it. This guy is the future.

12 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Straight from the mouth of Macc? Not sure what the fkc this has to do with who our back up is RIGHT NOW.  

This franchise is going to clean their hands of these guys if they're not ready to step up next year. Pencliling in the future as Hack and Petty is not only naive, but also gloomy. How about you hire some muppet in your workplace, have your job hang on how that muppet does in the workplace -- then tell your boss, no YOU don't get it. This guy is the future.

Why are you always so angry P?

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Look i get. No one likes Geno. But personally, i've grown tired of all the "could be, might be, should be" narratives. if Petty was ready, we wouldn't have Geno on the roster period. That's all there is to know. Petty should be the one to trade IMO. If Hack isn't ready to push next year, then we gotta go after a real QB and fck off with all these projects. I'm not hanging onto the dreams of Petty because he has an arm. 

As I said Petty got hurt, we have no idea if he had not gotten hurt if he would have leap frogged Geno.  There is no future for Geno here none at all, so he is the obvious one to go.  Petty has not had a chance to show what he can do in real games, Geno has had is chance and he is not the answer.  We will find out this off season what mac and bowles think of him will they make any attempt to sign him or will they let him walk.

4 hours ago, Paradis said:

This is the dumbest stuff next to powdered toast. 

"Hey! Some team lost their QB insurance - so let's trade them ours, so we can be in the exact same situation when our starter gets hurt in 2 weeks"

Moronic.

If Fitz goes down, and I hope he doesn't (unlike some of of injury-rooting Geno supporters), I bet dollars to donuts Petty would be the new starter.

So we're just fine on insurance.

With that said, no one is trading for Geno, so the entire issue is moot.

If Fitz goes down, and I hope he doesn't (unlike some of of injury-rooting Geno supporters), I bet dollars to donuts Petty would be the new starter.

Speaking of know it alls--

Totally geno wouldn't be the starter. He'll probably never start even if Fitz and petty and hack are hurt either. Also, I heard we're looking to sign a bunch of DBs to ride the bench. And Greg hardy is going to be a jet because. Also Petty has 2 Super Bowl rings while he was masquerading as Flacco and Rodgers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I wouldn't go dollars for donuts but I am pretty pretty sure this is how it would go.

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Totally geno wouldn't be the starter. He'll probably never start even if Fitz and petty and hack are hurt either. Also, I heard we're looking to sign a bunch of DBs to ride the bench. And Greg hardy is going to be a jet because. Also Petty has 2 Super Bowl rings while he was masquerading as Flacco and Rodgers.

So this is how far Geno has fallen?  People need to throw heavy sarcasm at the idea that Geno isn't a # 2 QB in this league?  There was a time when people laughed at the thought that Geno wouldn't be the Week 1 starter.  Sad how the mighty have fallen.

The fact is most teams in this league carry only 2 QB's.  Some only carry 3 because they have a Hackenberg of their own.  If a trade opportunity every did arise, we'd be fine with Petty as the # 2.  Because that's how the NFL works; if your starter goes down, generally you're screwed regardless.  If we absolutely needed to, we could always add back a veteran off the scrapheap. 

Geno isn't this unquestionably solid backup we HAVE to keep on the roster just because.  Sadly, there's no trade market for Geno, so we're basically stuck with him until he hits free agency.  But let's not pretend Geno is a GOOD backup and we'd be completely lost without him.  He's just a guy.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So this is how far Geno has fallen?  People need to throw heavy sarcasm at the idea that Geno isn't a # 2 QB in this league?  There was a time when people laughed at the thought that Geno wouldn't be the Week 1 starter.  Sad how the mighty have fallen.

The fact is most teams in this league carry only 2 QB's.  Some only carry 3 because they have a Hackenberg of their own.  If a trade opportunity every did arise, we'd be fine with Petty as the # 2.  Because that's how the NFL works; if your starter goes down, generally you're screwed regardless.  If we absolutely needed to, we could always add back a veteran off the scrapheap. 

Geno isn't this unquestionably solid backup we HAVE to keep on the roster just because.

here's the difference between Jet Nation vs Reality; Petty hasn't shown enough for the Brass to trust him. 

That's the tea leaves speaking. He blew up some 2nd and 3rd stringers for a week, WOW!  So did a bunch of QBs who are in street clothes right now.

If the Jets thought Petty was their #2, Geno would be gone. If Fitz gets his bell rung, we're looking to throw a band aide in - you can bet your ass that'll be Geno. Anything else sounds like Petty-homer insanity. It's why he's still on the roster. That's just reality for christ sakes. What other version has Geno on the field? So he can be a temporary back up when a back up doesn't need a back up? 

IF Fitz blows an ACL next week and we're looking at 3 months of meaningless football, then we can talk Petty-hypotheticals, but the former is 100% more likely. 

Just now, Paradis said:

here's the difference between Jet Nation vs Reality; Petty hasn't shown enough for the Brass to trust him. 

That's the tea leaves speaking. He blew up some 2nd and 3rd stringers for a week, WOW!  So did a bunch of QBs who are in street clothes right now.

If the Jets thought Petty was their #2, Geno would be gone. If Fitz gets his bell rung, we're looking to throw a band aide in - you can bet your ass that'll be Geno. Anything else sounds like Petty-homer insanity. It's why he's still on the roster. That's just reality for christ sakes. What other version has Geno on the field? So he can be a temporary back up when a back up doesn't need a back up? 

IF Fitz blows an ACL next week and we're looking at 3 months of meaningless football, then we can talk Petty-hypotheticals, but the former is 100% more likely. 

This is a lot of anger over a backup QB. 

The Jets probably opted not to cut Geno because they still want to get something for him.  Whether that's a mid-season trade or a compensatory pick when he is signed elsewhere as a UFA.  It isn't necessarily a statement on Petty. 

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Geno isn't this unquestionably solid backup we HAVE to keep on the roster just because.  Sadly, there's no trade market for Geno, so we're basically stuck with him until he hits free agency.  But let's not pretend Geno is a GOOD backup and we'd be completely lost without him.  He's just a guy.

Simply, you don't trade your young backup QB right before the "put up or shut up" portion of the schedule for your veteran (old) QB.  

Games 1 and 2 have followed the typical Fitz storyline.  Lost to a good team.  Beat below average team.  We now face 4 better teams (is Seattle still considered good?).  

If Fitz doesn't get a couple wins over this stretch, Geno may be our best option.  Trading him makes no sense at all.  

After this 4 week stretch is over, it may then be time to make a QB available.  Which one that should be will be determined soon enough.

16 minutes ago, Lego My Lageman said:

I just read this thread and it reminds me of someone who wants to trade you their dogsh*t bench for Antonio Brown in fantasy football. LOOOOOOL

We just want Geno Smith off the roster so bad we'll go to any lengths or invent any trade scenario possible to make it happen.

Hey, what about GoFundMe?

$1,597,146 divided by 82,500 fans is $19.36

If we set this up properly and have wives and kids crawl the parking lots and gates at MetLife Stadium, I'd bet we can buy out Geno's contract ourselves.  You in?

SAR I

41 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Simply, you don't trade your young backup QB right before the "put up or shut up" portion of the schedule for your veteran (old) QB.  

Games 1 and 2 have followed the typical Fitz storyline.  Lost to a good team.  Beat below average team.  We now face 4 better teams (is Seattle still considered good?).  

If Fitz doesn't get a couple wins over this stretch, Geno may be our best option.  Trading him makes no sense at all.  

After this 4 week stretch is over, it may then be time to make a QB available.  Which one that should be will be determined soon enough.

This just shows that some of you guys will never admit you're wrong. Fitz: 18 starts every one but the Oakland game we were in a position to win. That game was the one Geno played in. It was tied when Fitz was injured.  We lost to the Bengals because Folk missed two easy kicks. Geno is not in the equation unless Fitz gets injured and maybe not even then. Give it up. 

55 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Saying "I bet..." isn't the same as saying "I know".

Apparently such things are lost on you, eh?

Totally geno wouldn't be the starter. He'll probably never start even if Fitz and petty and hack are hurt either.

U mad?

Also, I heard we're looking to sign a bunch of DBs to ride the bench. And Greg hardy is going to be a jet because. Also Petty has 2 Super Bowl rings while he was masquerading as Flacco and Rodgers.

Never go full retard.

Archived