MNF: Wentz vs. Cutler

Integrity28

1 hour ago, jdeacon said:

Kid looks good in two starts I agree but before I crown Wentz a franchise qb lets see how he does down the road when their is some tape on him and DC's figure out what makes him tick. If he is still successful then good for the eagles they got themselves a potential franchise qb.

I liked a lot of what I saw last night from Wentz, and like Gruden pointed out you had to be impressed by his poise changing plays and blocking assignments pre-snap.  But you have to also acknowledge that opposing DC's get paid to figure out weaknesses and how to defend them, and it's too early to say how that will go for him.  The Bears here and there did seem to surprise him with some stuff.  And his ypa was not that impressive at 5 yds.  This is not one of the top secondaries in the league he was facing.

Still and on balance he was impressive.

10 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's hard to feel bad for Bears fans, considering this city has two other dynasties in other sports over the past few decades and Bears fans are more or less the Bills Mafia in a higher income bracket, but holy **** is that a forever mediocre franchise.

No way. 

For anyone my age, they had possibly the single best football season ever.  I remember the 85 Bears, I even saw them beat the Jets, and it was one of the only times I wasn't mad we lost.  I knew we were going to lose, but I got to see an all time team live.  Plus, they even made it to a second Super Bowl.  My Jets have given me the freaking Mud Bowl, 4 fumbles in 30 minutes against the Broncos, and The Sanchize.

Cutler is so done and over it is sad really. Besides, they traded all of their skill players to us LOL! Wentz looks like a young Tom Brady out there, it is scary how good he is going to be. I would hate to be a Giant fan watching him as he will dominate that division for a decade plus with only Ryan (LMFAO) Nassib waiting to take over from Eli. I was watching the Rams-Hawks game Sunday and they were talking about how Goff does not know how to call a play in the huddle or change protections? Looking at Wentz, WTF was Jeff Fisher thinking? IF the Rams had drafted Wentz, with that defense, they would be contenders in that division easily, and possibly go far in the playoffs. As is they are a 6-10 mess, winning 6 games with D only as we saw Sunday. Case Keenum? Whatever.

56 minutes ago, chirorob said:

No way. 

For anyone my age, they had possibly the single best football season ever.  I remember the 85 Bears, I even saw them beat the Jets, and it was one of the only times I wasn't mad we lost.  I knew we were going to lose, but I got to see an all time team live.  Plus, they even made it to a second Super Bowl.  My Jets have given me the freaking Mud Bowl, 4 fumbles in 30 minutes against the Broncos, and The Sanchize.

That was 30 years ago.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

That was 30 years ago.

So, it's better than 4 years before I was born.

Truth, there are 32 teams in the NFL.  If every team won 1 SB, you'd see your team win one every 32 years.   Factor in repeats, and if you see your team win one SB, that's really all you can hope for.  My in-laws saw Jordan's Bulls, the 85 Bears, their White Sox end a 80 year drought, and the Black Hawks.  I'm happy for them, but there is no feeling bad for them. 

11 hours ago, CaliforniaJet said:

Might be the worst team in the NFL, thanks for Marshall and Forte by the way. 

Technically speaking, we have Josh McDaniels to think for Marshall. He's the arrogant prick who ran him out of Denver, which was the first step towards him winding up in Chicago, and then here at home... where he belongs... with the Jets.

Patriots castoff frauds. He goes back to Belicheat, and all of a sudden he's the best OC in football ... but on his own, a complete disaster. No, nothing shady happening in NE.

Technically speaking, we have Josh McDaniels to think for Marshall. He's the arrogant prick who ran him out of Denver, which was the first step towards him winding up in Chicago, and then here at home... where he belongs... with the Jets.

Patriots castoff frauds. He goes back to Belicheat, and all of a sudden he's the best OC in football ... but on his own, a complete disaster. No, nothing shady happening in NE.

You need to get over your total obsession with anything Patriots.

You'll feel better.

I liked Wentz more than Goff because he had a better build and he ran a pro
style offense in college.  BUT I'm not going crazy, it's early in the season
and PHI is really not asking him to do anything challenging.  The biggest thing
in determining if a QB has got it is time.  Let's see what Wentz does when teams
get film on him and take away the safe throws he's making right now.  As far as 
CHI is concerned let's send them a big thanks for getting rid of Marshall and
Forte the past two offseasons

15 hours ago, Larz said:

can't believe this is cutlers 8th season with the bears. time flies

Feels like just yesterday I was hoping the Jets would trade for him. Thank God we didn't. Although we haven't found much success either at qb. 

The Chicago sports radio contingent is bemoaning the hiring Fox into his 2nd Golden parachute today and are almost all wishing they'd have hired Todd Bowles (Arians as well)

Stating Mope Cutler was injured in the Houston Game, re-injured last night (before he was taken out) and should have been taken out before the fumble and pick.

Archived