The Play of the Game

Tinstar

Yes, having crap WRs and sh*tty OL makes him 'suck'. You have no evidence that Geno 'sucks' certainly not any RECENT evidence, just your hate and a man crush on Ryan Fitzpatrick.
I was asked why I wanted to see Smith and I told you. If that's not good enough for you, too bad.

He sucks.

I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks folks, I am not interested in yet another Fitz  vs  Smith circle jerk .  IMHO, that was the play of the game . We need to find a QB for the present and for the future, and Fitz isn't  it. Some of you know Smith isn't it, but the fact of the matter is, Petty appears to be hurt and Hack should not be allowed near the huddle of a regular season NFL game . 

Maybe you folks haven't noticed, but NFL teams  need a backup QB, and IMO, having a cheap one who doesn't count much against the cap would be a good idea . Maybe Smith has no future here as a starter, but what about as a backup  ? 

The Jets not only need to find a quality Starting QB, but a decent backup .

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

Jets down 17-10 and Fitzpatrick drops back to pass . He throws a pass deep down the right sideline to an open Richie Anderson who goes up to make the catch . The ball is underthrown and Anderson still almost comes down with it . That should have been a tying TD if the ball was thrown over the receiver's shoulder instead of behind him .  Next series, The 1st Sherman int  and it's all down hill from there .

On a side note, had the safety not dropped a sure pick 6, the Jets would not even had been in this game .

What exactly is Gained by continuing to send Fitzpatrick out there game after game .  give the ball to Geno Smith and see what happens for the next few games and if he continues to stink, Petty should be ready by then to finish the last half of the season .

Im sorry  but that was a missed opportunity of course but the game was not as close as the score showed.

We were outplayed at EVERY level including coaching.

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

Decker and Enunwa are possession receivers,  as is Marshall for the most part. Forte and Powell are both better at catching passes than grinding out yards. 

I definitely want to see Petty in this offense but you're completely wrong about the team being "built for the long ball". 

Decker can get deep.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I agree, we should replace Fitz wiht Geno.

That will fix all those drops, WR's falling down, bad routes and butterfingers, and will surely make Forte be more effective instantly.

Other teams will be so impressed, they'll get scared, and that will make our Pass D much better.

Super Bowl, really.

Enough with the bullsh*t Warfish.

If you're going to spend all offseason as Geno Smith hater #1, you can't continue to make excuse after excuse for the sh*t we've watched from Fitz.

Fitz sucks. Move on.

Geno will probably suck. We'll move on.

Maybe Petty will show us something later this year.

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

Im sorry  but that was a missed opportunity of course but the game was not as close as the score showed.

And yet, with 1 timely placed throw,  we tie up the game and maybe Fitz is not place in the position of putting the team on his shoulder . 

5 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Same could be said week 1 vs the Bengals- only it was us doing the outplaying. NFL doesn't give points for moral victories.

Just now, Tinstar said:

And yet, with 1 timely placed throw,  we tie up the game and maybe Fitz is not place in the position of putting the team on his shoulder . 

Just now, shuler82 said:

Same could be said week 1 vs the Bengals- only it was us doing the outplaying. NFL doesn't give points for moral victories.

and if she just said yes...  Kristie Brinkley would be my wife.  I stood near her once. :)

We wont win another 3 games. FITZ is done.

That will fix all those drops, WR's falling down, bad routes and butterfingers, and will surely make Forte be more effective instantly.
Other teams will be so impressed, they'll get scared, and that will make our Pass D much better.
Super Bowl, really.

Wait.....you're making excuses for Fitz!?!? Yes Geno sucks. Terribly. But so does Fitz. This team is going 1-6 to start, but it always was. Might as well have just thrown Geno out there, let him suck so all the fans could spit their final vitriol at him, and throw Petty out there to finish out the season. Make no mistake we'd still suck, but we'd still have 12 free against the cap to carry over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Wait.....you're making excuses for Fitz!?!?

Nope, he's earned a benching.

But if you think his benching will change this teams fate.....lol.

Wideouts are fragile dogsh*t with butterfingers thus far this year, and it feels like at least 1/3 of our massive INT pile this year is directly their fault.  Forte is a weakness and unreliable.  And the Pass D, my god, it may be one of the worst we've ever seen.

So no worries, start Geno if thats what you like.  I prefer Petty, but he's hurt.  

But we're done in 2016 no matter how it's sliced.

At this point would rather see Geno than Fitz.  Geno hasn't thrown 9 interceptions in 2 games.  There is nothing you can say to make me think otherwise.  9 interceptions is unacceptable.

Look what he did in that buffalo
Game that time. I think it was 3 picks in a quarter. Geno is not getting us anywhere. Even in preseason he looked like hot trash still

3 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Jets down 17-10 and Fitzpatrick drops back to pass . He throws a pass deep down the right sideline to an open Richie Anderson who goes up to make the catch . The ball is underthrown and Anderson still almost comes down with it . That should have been a tying TD if the ball was thrown over the receiver's shoulder instead of behind him .  Next series, The 1st Sherman int  and it's all down hill from there .

On a side note, had the safety not dropped a sure pick 6, the Jets would not even had been in this game .

What exactly is Gained by continuing to send Fitzpatrick out there game after game .  give the ball to Geno Smith and see what happens for the next few games and if he continues to stink, Petty should be ready by then to finish the last half of the season .

I don't blame Fitz for that Anderson play. I thought he could have had it. I do blame him for that first pick. It was under thrown again and a terrible decision. To me that was the key play and the worst play among many by the Jets. 

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Super Bowl, really.

Even you have to admit that he is playing even worse than Geno has right now, and Geno can almost hardly be worse, though I would start Petty myself.

ToiletBowles will at least let Fitz completely flush our season down the toilet in the next 2 games before making a move.

8 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Even you have to admit that he is playing even worse than Geno has right now, and Geno can almost hardly be worse, though I would start Petty myself.

ToiletBowles will at least let Fitz completely flush our season down the toilet in the next 2 games before making a move.

Fitz is playing very poorly.

Yes, Geno could be worse.  We don't, and likely won't, know for sure.

Yes, I'd prefer Petty if we make a move.

The season is already over, ended today.  What we do next week when we get crushed by the Steelers, is irrelevant.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Fitz is playing very poorly.

Yes, Geno could be worse.  We don't, and likely won't, know for sure.

Yes, I'd prefer Petty if we make a move.

The season is already over, ended today.  What we do next week when we get crushed by the Steelers, is irrelevant.

I think you're wrong about the season being over . The Jets are going to win 8 of their last 10 games .

I don't think the season is over quite yet. 

We all said 3 and 3 would be great and they can survive 2 and 4....Now, I had hoped for better or a more competitive team - but if they can win next week in Pitt. they're back in this.  I have little reason to think they will but the season isn't over yet.

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Super Bowl, really.

It may not work , but minimally it puts the whole filed back in play again. Right now DC's only have to gameplan for a third of the field.  Geno may suck but Fitz is a handicap. 

Nope, he's earned a benching.
But if you think his benching will change this teams fate.....lol.
Wideouts are fragile dogsh*t with butterfingers thus far this year, and it feels like at least 1/3 of our massive INT pile this year is directly their fault.  Forte is a weakness and unreliable.  And the Pass D, my god, it may be one of the worst we've ever seen.
So no worries, start Geno if thats what you like.  I prefer Petty, but he's hurt.  
But we're done in 2016 no matter how it's sliced.

No, nothing changes. We were dogsh*t before Fitz, we're dogsh*t with him. I clamored and said there was no reason to sign him. We are no better with him. We could easily have Geno throwing for a 40 int rate on the season and saved 12m. We were a 6-8 win team without Fitz, we're a 6-8 team with him. Only difference is a lot of you somehow had your hopes up that Fitz makes us contenders. Incredibly stupid when you consider he's played 12 years and NEVER was a contender.

I think you're wrong about the season being over . The Jets are going to win 8 of their last 10 games .

And they'll lose 5 of their first 6. And your assumption is based on the premise that we beat every team we "should" beat which we never do. Not to mention when you're 1-5 there's not many teams you "should" beat.

3 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

You can blow it off all you want but that does not change that it's true, Geno Smith sucks something terrible at football. 

Now, that does not change the fact that Fitz sucks also.  

And you have boring friends as well it appears. "Geno sucks!!" I mean, what are you, 12 years old?! no YOU suck!

11 hours ago, hawk said:

Fitz then overcompensated and threw the ball way to early later in the game and over threw Anderson.  He's simply not good if he doesn't have running game or Marshall doesn't bail him out.  

Fitz told the guys doing the game he had not thrown to Robby Anderson or Charon Peake for that matter. So no the timing is not there since Fitz is trying to get used to his young WR's in the game rather than practice yet another coaching blunder. This team has a horrible HC who once again does not pay attention to the offense. Teams are sitting back jumping routes and taking advantage of a team that is horribly predictable one year of film was enough to figure out just how badly this team is coached add that in with numerous secondary blunders, lack of tackling and you have a talented team that looks utterly and completely unprepared and out coached by a very wide margin.

12 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Fitz told the guys doing the game he had not thrown to Robby Anderson or Charon Peake for that matter. So no the timing is not there since Fitz is trying to get used to his young WR's in the game rather than practice yet another coaching blunder. This team has a horrible HC who once again does not pay attention to the offense. Teams are sitting back jumping routes and taking advantage of a team that is horribly predictable one year of film was enough to figure out just how badly this team is coached add that in with numerous secondary blunders, lack of tackling and you have a talented team that looks utterly and completely unprepared and out coached by a very wide margin.

What can the coaching staff do fitz is wiildly inaccurate on mid to deep balls .. teams are  going sit and jump his short routes cause it's his bread and butter .. they pretty much dare Fitz to beat them deep .. 

40 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

What can the coaching staff do fitz is wiildly inaccurate on mid to deep balls .. teams are  going sit and jump his short routes cause it's his bread and butter .. they pretty much dare Fitz to beat them deep .. 

Fitz didn't look wildly inaccurate in the Buffalo game did he ? Teams are adjusting to us and what we do making it extremely hard on the QB. We have not adjusted to what teams are showing us on defense . Fitz didn't just go in the toilet after one game he's trying to pass into the teeth of defenses who are dropping numerous players into coverage and jumping routes. We seem to be playing very slow and that's probably why teams don't fear us or our Running game.

3 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Fitz fanatics would argue it's the WR fault for fitz picks.. geno picks are all geno 

Anyone with eyes to see will say some (certainly not all) of the INT's this year are the fault of the WR's, either not catching a ball that hit them squarely in the hands/chest (deflection INT's) or falling down on their face (Marshall yesterday).  A few have also been at least partially the O-line, allowing D-linemen pressure in to make deflections.

None of this frees Fitz from responsibility, and none of this is debatable in objective terms.  What Jets Fans seem to refuse to see is that this team is failing in almost every aspect of the game thus far in 2016.  QB, certainly, is playing poorly, but so are the WR's (and some are hurt to boot), Forte is a dropoff from Ivory, especially in the Red Zone (where it's seriously costing us), Specials have given up multiple other-way TD's already, and our Pass Defense is amongst the worst in the NFL in every category.  Only our D-line is playing average football thus far....average, from a group that was supposed to be historic and game-changing.

Make no mistake, Fitz is playing horribly.  He has earned a benching.  But we're living in a fantasy world where a simply Fitz-replaced-by-QB-X means we're 4-0 or 3-1 today.  Lol, no.

But we're 1-3 now, and the team is going down the drain, badly and early, so make a change if we think that will help, or provide a spark, or get something going.  Fully support it if thats what happens.  Fitz has lost any defense he might once have earned.  But don't be shocked if making a QB change is deckchairs on the Titanic, this team is vastly underperforming, is hurt all over the place, and (thus far at least) has been poorly led, and poorly schemed and (sad as it is) the moves of last offseason almost to a man seem to have been poor, especially IMO the Forte>Ivory decision, which IMO is our biggest issue in punching it in in the Red Zone, forcing Fitz to throw every time, with sadly predictable results.

the good news is that mccags has drafted two tall qbs with strong arms, and fitz/geno will not be here next year.  fitz will get benched when petty is ready, we've all written this many times here.  

with the 8th pick in the 2017 nfl draft, the new york jets select....jordan lewis, cornerback, michigan.

then they'll take the obligatory sucky offensive player in round 2.

Archived