Thursday Night Football - 49ers/Cards

CrazyCarl40

Look teams give up on good players but I'd much rather have Kerley than some of the guys we have now. So you first have to question Gailey on this and then Mac. I mean Kerley had some credibility until Gailey came aboard. And now he's showing he can definitely play. 

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Look teams give up on good players but I'd much rather have Kerley than some of the guys we have now. So you first have to question Gailey on this and then Mac. I mean Kerley had some credibility until Gailey came aboard. And now he's showing he can definitely play. 

It would be either Kerley or Enunwa. I think Mac and Gailey are in the clear.

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It would be either Kerley or Enunwa. I think Mac and Gailey are in the clear.

Look basically Q has been our hybrid and defacto TE. Kerley should have had a role as slot receiver. Maybe not as an every down player but someone who played a lot. He only really played last year when there were a few injuries. I'd take him as our no. 4 over the two rookies. He fits in better with Chip than he does here sure but we could really use him now. He's tailor made for a short pass offense. And a lot more proven than Anderson or Peake or Jalen.

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Look basically Q has been our hybrid and defacto TE. Kerley should have had a role as slot receiver. Maybe not as an every down player but someone who played a lot. He only really played last year when there were a few injuries. I'd take him as our no. 4 over the two rookies. He fits in better with Chip than he does here sure but we could really use him now. He's tailor made for a short pass offense. And a lot more proven than Anderson or Peake or Jalen.

I count Q as our # 3 receiver. And I would rather have the rookies play at low cost than Kerley at his cost.

The Cards pass D has been pretty pedestrian. Those lamenting that Kerley isn't on the team... do you really think our offense is in a good place if the QB is targeting Kerley 13 times to get 8 catches for a 100 yards in a plus matchup?

No.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I count Q as our # 3 receiver. And I would rather have the rookies play at low cost than Kerley at his cost.

You see the kind of production SF is getting out of Kerley. And the lack of production we are getting from our rookies. Peake has a TD but was the strangest and luckiest TD I've ever seen. We could use a good vet like Kerley in our short passing game. When he played he did well. As for him as a return you know what you're going to get. A reliable guy but somebody who isn't going to ever break one. I like having a reliable guy with breakaway ability and think it's worth spending money for. 

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

You see the kind of production SF is getting out of Kerley. And the lack of production we are getting from our rookies. Peake has a TD but was the strangest and luckiest TD I've ever seen. We could use a good vet like Kerley in our short passing game. When he played he did well. As for him as a return you know what you're going to get. A reliable guy but somebody who isn't going to ever break one. I like having a reliable guy with breakaway ability and think it's worth spending money for. 

Would rather have the rookies and see them develop

Kerley's come and go through the league all the time. They're not guys you concern yourself with signing long term. Enunwa is already as good as Kerley and has a higher ceiling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Kerley's come and go through the league all the time. They're not guys you concern yourself with signing long term. Enunwa is already as good as Kerley and has a higher ceiling.

Q is better than Kerley sure, but why can't we have both. We could have used him vs Seattle. He would have made more plays than the rookies again not including that bizarre fumble recovery by Peake which was a great play by him but lucky and due to another Fitz turnover. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Q is better than Kerley sure, but why can't we have both. We could have used him vs Seattle. He would have made more plays than the rookies again not including that bizarre fumble recovery by Peake which was a great play by him but lucky and due to another Fitz turnover. 

WE had both. Too many mouths to feed. Even Brady has 2 or 3 primary targets

Because Kerley was too expensive. You don't keep those type of players, you churn as develop new guys hoping to find ones with higher ceilings, like Enunwa. Marshall, Anderson, and Peake all have pretty high ceilings, you waste them when you keep Kerley type players around. Kerley is the Fitzpatrick of WR's.

8 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Because Kerley was too expensive. You don't keep those type of players, you churn as develop new guys hoping to find ones with higher ceilings, like Enunwa. Marshall, Anderson, and Peake all have pretty high ceilings, you waste them when you keep Kerley type players around. Kerley is the Fitzpatrick of WR's.

Kerley was due to get 3 mil in 2016, It's not that much. 

Archived