The Jets are fine, so it's okay to stop Panicking

Tinstar

52 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Let me ask you this question > what is your expectations for the rest of this season ?

Get Petty a long look as the starter. End this year knowing exactly what you have in him. If needed, get Hack playing time as well. Yeah yeah yeah he wasn't going to have to play this year.

But unfortunately this year quickly became about next year. Which is what it should have been all along, minus the bad move in bringing Fitz back.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol.  Just like the Cincinnati and Seattle games.  Just because a game is "winnable" doesn't mean anything.  All that matters is the bold.  Will we win this game?  No.  We won't.  Will we still be "fine", in your opinion, at 1-5?  Unless your goal is a top 5 draft pick, we're anything but "fine".

So you're certain we won't win this game ? Are  you going to watch a game you know your team has no chance to win, and if so why ?

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

This team is terrible and they're going to get throttled by Arizona.

Expect Carson Palmer to throw for 5 TD's and Patrick Peterson to have at least 1 pick six. 

Fitzpatrick won't throw an INT.  He will go something like 25 for 45 with 2 TD's and 350 yards and the Jets will lose by 30.

And they'll blame the quarterback.

SAR I

Just now, Maxman said:

Get Petty a long look as the starter. End this year knowing exactly what you have in him. If needed, get Hack playing time as well. Yeah yeah yeah he wasn't going to have to play this year.

But unfortunately this year quickly became about next year.

Not yet Max, the remaining schedule with Fitz is favorable . At least it is to me .

11 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Or we got beat by teams we all thought were better than us when the schedule came out .  We have made mistakes, and so what . If this team is so poorly coached and is so lacking in talent, how have we managed to be so close to winning these games with all the mistakes the players and coaches  are making ?

I understand the point you're making, and I had the Jets at 7-9 with a 1-5 start so I'm with you on the record part.

However, I didn't expect the front seven to be this ineffective, the secondary to be a league-joke, and the head coach to suck.  We are supposed to show steady, small improvements.  These are not positives no matter how our record turns out once we have the run of cupcakes starting next week.

SAR I

Do the vast majority of this board feel this way about the Jets ? Is this the passion you guy take to the stadium ?  Do you folks not believe in anything other than what your eyes tell you ?

There can't be this little faith left in the world  ?  Or do we not know what faith is ?

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  How you lose matters.  I've felt worse after these Jet losses than I did when my Mets lost to the Giants in the 1-game playoff.  Because the way the Jets losses have come have made it quite clear that Todd Bowles probably sucks.  And Macc might not be very good either, depending on how Petty/Hackenberg pan out. 

That's a pretty sh*tty realization to have just 5 weeks into the 2nd season of yet another new Jets regime.  Just how many times will we have to go back to the drawing board, with a terrible owner in charge of the show?

Yes and no re: the Mets.  Mets were certainly playing with house money, and you have to be proud of how they did with all the injuries.  However, for Syndergaard to play that well and still lose was disappointing.  For the Mets to get such bad at bats the first time through the order allowing Baumgartner to throw a complete game was frustrating.  But, the worst was for us to see World Series Familia not miss a beat, making you wonder if you can really start him in a big spot was brutal.

That said, structurally, yes, the Jets are worse off.  Bowles is playing with cowardice when you're a losing team begs the question of how he's going to play if/when they're actually winning.  Macc, to me, depends less on the success of Petty/Hackenberg than on if he's convinced they'll be good, and continues to pass on other prospects who pan out.  ie, if we have a shot at a top QB and pass this year, and Hackenberg turns into what I expect, then Macc is a disaster.

5 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Not yet Max, the remaining schedule with Fitz is favorable . At least it is to me .

I know the schedule gets easier but there are some major holes on the defense that has this team playing worse than last year. Not sure that is getting fixed overnight.

If you figure you missed the playoffs at 10 and 6 last year, they would might have to go 11 and 1 to make it the rest of the way? I am not holding my breath. Besides even if it happened it is just slowing things down because they won't win it all with Fitz.

3 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Yes and no re: the Mets.  Mets were certainly playing with house money, and you have to be proud of how they did with all the injuries.  However, for Syndergaard to play that well and still lose was disappointing.  For the Mets to get such bad at bats the first time through the order allowing Baumgartner to throw a complete game was frustrating.  But, the worst was for us to see World Series Familia not miss a beat, making you wonder if you can really start him in a big spot was brutal.

That said, structurally, yes, the Jets are worse off.  Bowles is playing with cowardice when you're a losing team begs the question of how he's going to play if/when they're actually winning.  Macc, to me, depends less on the success of Petty/Hackenberg than on if he's convinced they'll be good, and continues to pass on other prospects who pan out.  ie, if we have a shot at a top QB and pass this year, and Hackenberg turns into what I expect, then Macc is a disaster.

Yeah that's what I was getting at.  The Sandy Alderson/Terry Collins combo is lightyears better than Macc/Bowles.  Which is crazy, considering that Woody Johnson is not much worse than the Wilpons. 

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

I know the schedule gets easier but there are some major holes on the defense that has this team playing worse than last year. Not sure that is getting fixed overnight.

If you figure you missed the playoffs at 10 and 6 last year, they would might have to go 11 and 1 to make it the rest of the way? I am not holding my breath. Besides even if it happened it is just slowing things down because they won't win it all with Fitz.

Once upon a time I sat and watch a team win a Super bowl after it's Superstar QB stunk up the joint in the playoffs and it's defense who couldn't stop a high school running game all season long, suddenly started playing like the Steel Curtain .

I know you know what faith is Max. 

"If 1 can chase a thousand, then 2 can put  10 thousand to flight" . The math makes absolutely no sense . How is it possible beloved ?  

1 minute ago, Tinstar said:

Once upon a time I sat and watch a team win a Super bowl after it's Superstar QB stunk up the joint in the playoffs and it's defense who couldn't stop a high school running game all season long, suddenly started playing like the Steel Curtain .

"If 1 can chase a thousand, then 2 can put  10 thousand to flight" . The math makes absolutely no sense . How is it possible beloved ?  

Hey I am all for it. I will be at every home game cheering for it to happen. I will be in my basement for every road game screaming for it to happen.

I just believe that even if everything else goes right, that Fitz will choke eventually. Hopefully I am wrong, that would be great.

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Fitzpatrick won't throw an INT.  He will go something like 25 for 45 with 2 TD's and 350 yards and the Jets will lose by 30.

And they'll blame the quarterback.

SAR I

haha, yeah no.  Out of curiosity, do you read the threads where win4ever breaks down the passing game?

Beloved, this has been great, but now I have to go to work >

"This is the day the Lord has made, so let us rejoice and be glad in it "  .

I have some of you on Ignore, but know this beloved, I love you all with the love of the Lord .

36 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Both Defenses are underperforming and both Offenses are underperforming . Our special teams is playing better than theirs. This game is winnable . Winning it is another story altogether .

Because we have a good punter and fumbled a kickoff for an opponent TD? 

Also, you just can't look at it like that. The jets are averaging like 12 points per game over the last 4 games which includes a fluke fumble recovery by peake. 

We can't stop the deep pass (watch any game), we can't stop the short pass (watch chiefs/Steelers game), Arizona as a better coached team, and Ryan Fitzpatrick will unfortunately be on the field. 

I'm just hoping they don't get embarrassed on national TV

8 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

It would be a mistake to assume this will become the norm.  This is still a QB-driven league.  While it's so hard to find a franchise QB, once you DO find one, it's a lot easier for him to put a team on his back to win 3/4 games in the playoffs rather than build a team with a mediocre QB who gets carried by a team full of Pro Bowlers. 

And remember that while Peyton played terrible from a physical standpoint, his ability to read defenses and run the offenses was still quite strong last year.  The running game benefitted from that, as he's the best QB who ever lived when it comes to presnap reads and adjustments.  He knew he couldn't carry the team, but he COULD still "game manage" quite effectively and adapt to his deficiencies.  That's something that people haven't mentioned nearly enough when discussing that team. 

The Broncos were the first team since 2002 that didn't win a Super Bowl with strong postseason QB play.  I expect that to be an exception, not the rule, in future postseasons. 

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

haha, yeah no.  Out of curiosity, do you read the threads where win4ever breaks down the passing game?

I do, and it's really fascinating stuff, so much goes on with the quarterback position.

But there is nothing I learn there that I did not know already.  If Ryan Fitzpatrick didn't lock on to receivers, if he didn't throw the ball off target, if he didn't have a weak arm, if he was a master at progressions, if he had high accuracy, if he had a rocket launcher of an arm....he wouldn't be on the team.  He'd be someone's franchise quarterback, a beloved all pro for one of the 5 teams he played for in his first 10 seasons.

You cannot blame a band aid with severe limitations for playing up to his ability.  What I'm seeing in Ryan Fitzpatrick is what I saw last year, what we've all seen when we played against him since 2005.  So when someone complains about his interceptions or his misreads I just shrug my shoulders and say to myself "yeah, what exactly did you expect, genius?"

If the secondary and defense and running backs played to the level they are capable of, played up to the ability God gave them, we'd be 4-1 right now.  This quarterback witch hunt which has gone on since the Rex Ryan myth of 2011 just has to stop.  It's been long enough.  The real bad guys on this team are here, go after these pathetic underachievers before you go after our 34 year old journeyman:

Darrelle Revis
David Harris
Muhammed Wilkerson
Sheldon Richardson
Calvin Pryor
Marcus Gilchrist
Matt Forte
Brian Winters
Billal Powell
Kacy Rodgers
Chan Gailey
Todd Bowles

Spend an equal amount of time ripping these 12 Jets to pieces, then you can focus on Ryan Fitzpatrick.

SAR I

28 minutes ago, Maxman said:

But unfortunately this year quickly became about next year. Which is what it should have been all along, minus the bad move in bringing Fitz back.

Petty hasn't practiced in 6 weeks, it will take him at least 3 weeks to  even get ready to play.  If the Jets are still performing the way they are now, yep, that's the time.

Putting Hack out there this year would be a very cruel thing to do.

3 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Petty hasn't practiced in 6 weeks, it will take him at least 3 weeks to  even get ready to play.  If the Jets are still performing the way they are now, yep, that's the time.

Putting Hack out there this year would be a very cruel thing to do.

Charging me full price and sending me a PSL bill to watch Fitz play is pretty cruel to do as well. :)

6 hours ago, gEYno said:

The Jets are not fine.

1-4 isn't the real problem.  It's how they've played to get to 1-4.

If they were 1-4 but competitive, you could make a "tough schedule" argument.  But, in the past 3 games, they didn't even put up a fight.

How can you say that? Are you not aware we were once in the lead at 3-0, and then again at 13-7 after Marshall stole a pass thrown directly to the CB as though the defender was the intended receiver? I mean, yeah, we didn't put up another point on offense while the defense let up 24, but I mean other than that.

Obviously you're not watching. Have you not seen our elite defense's inability to get off the field, plus scoring our TDs despite the QB's best efforts to give the ball to the opposition? What about the bad coaching, bad GMing, etc. that has all cumulatively led to our 1-4 record and general suckiness when we don't play pushovers.

These are all things that are fine

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

We have spent high 1st round draft picks on DTs , CBs lbers and safeties, every level of the defense and what have we got to show for it . It starts and ends with the QB, and until that position is filled, we're spinning our wheels in the mud.

Lets not forget who was drafting most of those players. A trio of bums with no personnel pedigrees in Mike Tannenbaum, John Idzik and Rex Ryan. The guys they picked were mostly bums like Kyle Wilson, Quinton Coples, Dee Milliner, and Calvin Pryor. I have hope for Darron Lee and Leonard Williams and I think Mike Maccagnan knows personnel much better than the clown princes employed previously. As for QB's I think Bryce Petty has potential and he will get his chance late in the season to prove it.

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I do, and it's really fascinating stuff, so much goes on with the quarterback position.

But there is nothing I learn there that I did not know already.  If Ryan Fitzpatrick didn't lock on to receivers, if he didn't throw the ball off target, if he didn't have a weak arm, if he was a master at progressions, if he had high accuracy, if he had a rocket launcher of an arm....he wouldn't be on the team.  He'd be someone's franchise quarterback, a beloved all pro for one of the 5 teams he played for in his first 10 seasons.

You cannot blame a band aid with severe limitations for playing up to his ability.  What I'm seeing in Ryan Fitzpatrick is what I saw last year, what we've all seen when we played against him since 2005.  So when someone complains about his interceptions or his misreads I just shrug my shoulders and say to myself "yeah, what exactly did you expect, genius?"

If the secondary and defense and running backs played to the level they are capable of, played up to the ability God gave them, we'd be 4-1 right now.  This quarterback witch hunt which has gone on since the Rex Ryan myth of 2011 just has to stop.  It's been long enough.  The real bad guys on this team are here, go after these pathetic underachievers before you go after our 34 year old journeyman:

Darrelle Revis
David Harris
Muhammed Wilkerson
Sheldon Richardson
Calvin Pryor
Marcus Gilchrist
Matt Forte
Brian Winters
Billal Powell
Kacy Rodgers
Chan Gailey
Todd Bowles

Spend an equal amount of time ripping these 12 Jets to pieces, then you can focus on Ryan Fitzpatrick.

SAR I

First off, this is boring. Secondly, dont tell me what I can and cant do.  Besides, you're barking up the wrong tree.  Read my posts, I've placed the proper blame on all the appropriate parties of this extremely poorly coached team.

All I said was Fitz will throw a pick six to Patrick Peterson (which is very high probability because he's the worst QB in the league and has a propensity to throw picks).  You then got on your soap box of defending terrible QB's.  You've made a posting career out of defending pathetic QB's so this isnt a surprise.  If it makes you feel better about having the worst QB in the league by point the fingers at everyone else (some of those names are just down right laughable) have at it.  Whatever floats your boat.

1 hour ago, BrickTamland said:

In a sense I agree. If Fitz reverts back to his quality of last year then Jets may win about 6,7 games.

I don't like it. Fitz isn't the answer, so why play him when we have at least one guy with potential on the roster. Gotta check him out when he is healthy.

Is there more pride in going 6-10 with Fitz than in finishing 3-13 with Petty?

Not in my humble opinion.

Fitz is playing the same as last year  people need to wake up and realize this

22 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

How can you say that? Are you not aware we were once in the lead at 3-0, and then again at 13-7 after Marshall stole a pass thrown directly to the CB as though the defender was the intended receiver? I mean, yeah, we didn't put up another point on offense while the defense let up 24, but I mean other than that.

Obviously you're not watching. Have you not seen our elite defense's inability for the defense to get off the field, plus scoring our TDs despite the QB's best efforts to give the ball to the opposition? What about the bad coaching, bad GMing, etc. that has all cumulatively led to our 1-4 record and general suckiness when we don't play pushovers.

These are all things that are fine

I think it's totally fine that in the last game and a half, all of the touchdowns scored by the Jets were flukes.

i would be more patient with mccags' approach to developing qbs maybe 10 years ago.  it just sucks week after week, year after year, to watch other teams find qbs and watch highlights of them throwing multiple td passes and not have to draft qbs year after year after year.  i get it, hack needs a year.  he does.  that doesn't mean the product the jets are putting out there is watchable.  again.

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

Take a look at the schedule after this game . Take out the 2 Patriots games . say that is 6 games we don't win .  The only thing about this season I dislike is that we will be no closer to finding a Qb than we were when we finished last season and that is terrible with 4 on the roster and 3 of them under 26 years old . 

2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

When the schedule came out, I took a good look and decided for myself that the Jets would go 0-6 and finish the season 9-7 with an outside shot at making the playoffs as long as the starting QB stayed the starting QB . With Decker going down for the year, I will revise that to say 7-8 or 8-8  and no playoffs yet again . With week 6 around the corner, the Jets have a chance to be ahead of schedule having already won 1 of the 6 games I expected them to lose and still with the opportunity to win yet another with a the Cardinals up next and also struggling .

Should we go out to Arizona and came away with the win (in a very winnable Game) we would have won 2 games I didn't think we would win when I 1st saw the schedule .  Looking forward, because I'm a fan and can do that, the schedule has 2 games after Monday where the Jets will be decided underdogs and that's both Patriot games . The Rams defense will present a challenge and then what . We win this game, and we will have weathered the Storm that the NFL threw us into to start the year . We have sustain 1 major injury navigating this schedule storm, and it's not unto death .  The Jets are fine, Todd Bowles is fine and the organization is still behind schedule but only because of the QB situation .

It's all in how you see a thing .

That is all .

Dude you are deluding yourself. Bowltite is fine? The Jets are fine? The Jets are the worst team in the NFL fine. Yes, that's right, I said it, they are worse than the Browns even. The Browns are competitive at least in most games and should have beaten the fish in Miami which would have given them the same win total as we have. The Jets have not been even close to competitive in most games (KC PIT SEA). I cannot get over the KC game which to me, will define not only another lost season, but this Chicken $hit CS. To go in there and put forth that kind of effort was disgusting, and falls squarely on Bowltite and his silent minions over there.

I do not want the Jets to win again until September 2017. As one poster so eloquently said, it is all about the QB and until we find the one, we are spinning our wheels. To go 6-10 or 7-9 is like masturbating with a cheese grater- it does more harm then good, so go ahead, live in your world of gods, magic carpets and the Jets are fine. I have been getting aggravated for 50 years watching this dreck POS organization lose every single year and am sick and tired of it. I will not, and cannot sit here and let someone say the Jets are fine, they are not fine, they suck. They suck every single year, and until they field a team worthy of the time, effort, blood and guts us loyal Jet fans and the City of NY put forth each year, will continue to be on of, if not the laughing stock of the NFL.

33 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I think it's totally fine that in the last game and a half, all of the touchdowns scored by the Jets were flukes.

DON'T THEY STILL COUNT?????  IF TEH DEFENSE AND COACHING DID ITS JOB AND WOOD JUST HOLD EVERYONE TO UNDER 10 POINTS IT WOODENT MATTER, HATER!!!11!

2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

I don't drink, smoke or any such thing . I do however have a potty mouth that I'm working on and some other issues that "The Word" helps me deal with .   Without Faith it's >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks. I now have a full understanding of how you can believe the Jets are "fine".

Archived