Devin Smith Close to Return

AFJF

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Look did you see Fitz hit receivers in stride against Buff for substantial yardage. It was not just ten yarders but I'll take those any day.  He can make those throws but when he's two TDs behind you get picks. Because the defense plays for the pass. Look he's having a bad year so far but so is the team. 

20 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Look did you see Fitz hit receivers in stride against Buff for substantial yardage. It was not just ten yarders but I'll take those any day.  He can make those throws but when he's two TDs behind you get picks. Because the defense plays for the pass. Look he's having a bad year so far but so is the team. 

Fitz long balls look like bad punts.. And He has to take an extra wide step to launch it.. D cords know this.. So they bring the heat knowing they can probably get to him or get in face pressure before he is able to throw it.. Translation - bad throws and/or picks..

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

It depends, how long does he have to stand there before the ball arrives?

Less time than any other WR in the NFL.  Fitz gets the ball out in just over 2 seconds, and as we saw last season, the quick slant is one thing he has no issues with.

And yes, I get that you were joking....kind of ;)

Besides, there shouldn't be any arm strength issues in a couple weeks when they turn the team over to Petty :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Fitz long balls look like bad punts.. And He has to take an extra wide step to launch it.. D cords know this.. So they bring the heat knowing they can probably get to him or get in face pressure before he is able to throw it.. Translation - bad throws and/or picks..

I heard that all of the off season usually from Geno fans. When he has time he can make all the throws and usually accurately. But in several games he has made rookie mistakes and made terrible decisions. His arm is average and we heard all of this noodlearm stuff ten years ago with Chad, too. IMO you don't need a rifle for an arm to be a successful Qb. Look there is a shorter leash on him right now. He has to play better or he could lose his job. But when you are down by 2 Tds in the 4th quarter you basically have to throw the ball into coverage. The opponents know this they aren't idiots. And their players are licking their chops. The majority of his picks were because of that not wobbly throws. I know you're going to find a few on Youtube to prove your point. Based on what we've seen so far from him this year he won't be back in 2017. Which does not automatically translate into Bryce Petty or Hack will be the starter. Both have big arms but can they play the position. 

On 10/14/2016 at 9:24 PM, AFJF said:

Petty time.

Our deep threats aren't deep threats with fitzys innacuracy.

It has become incredibly frustrating watching our WRs without a chance to catch a deep ball AND without a chance for YAC because Fitz can't put it where it needs to be.

i am DEFINITELY NOT part of the mob trying to chase Bowles out of town, but I definitely feel the need to see him make a statement once petty is healthy and yank fitzys ass out of game if this crap continues.

The wobbly throws I've seen from Fitz are usually associated with a big pass rush and somebody hitting his arm. I think that was the case on week 17 for one of his picks. And if your arm is hit by a defender when you throw a pass the ball is going to wobble. 

12 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

Our deep threats aren't deep threats with fitzys innacuracy.

It has become incredibly frustrating watching our WRs without a chance to catch a deep ball AND without a chance for YAC because Fitz can't put it where it needs to be.

i am DEFINITELY NOT part of the mob trying to chase Bowles out of town, but I definitely feel the need to see him make a statement once petty is healthy and yank fitzys ass out of game if this crap continues.

Agreed.  Fitz was one of the most accurate deep passers in 2013 and 2014, I was hoping 2015 was the aberration due the late camp start/broken leg recovery but it appears it's now his norm.  

I love what Fitz did last season and his heart/passion, barring outstanding QB play out of him from this point on, it's time for Petty.

8 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I heard that all of the off season usually from Geno fans. When he has time he can make all the throws and usually accurately. But in several games he has made rookie mistakes and made terrible decisions. His arm is average and we heard all of this noodlearm stuff ten years ago with Chad, too. IMO you don't need a rifle for an arm to be a successful Qb. Look there is a shorter leash on him right now. He has to play better or he could lose his job. But when you are down by 2 Tds in the 4th quarter you basically have to throw the ball into coverage. The opponents know this they aren't idiots. And their players are licking their chops. The majority of his picks were because of that not wobbly throws. I know you're going to find a few on Youtube to prove your point. Based on what we've seen so far from him this year he won't be back in 2017. Which does not automatically translate into Bryce Petty or Hack will be the starter. Both have big arms but can they play the position. 

lol it's not " noodle arm stuff. " I'm not going to post a utube, we all have eyes.. stats don't lie though. Only completed 20% of passes attempted beyond 20 yards.. That is pretty bad.. We have to assume is arm is only going to decline at his age.. https://www.google.com/amp/ftw.usatoday.com/2016/03/nfl-new-york-jets-free-agent-contract-geno-smith/amp?client=safari

IMG_8659.PNG

On October 14, 2016 at 9:40 PM, joewilly12 said:

Sadly you wont get to see him showcase his speed and ability to the stretch the field until we inset a QB who can throw the ball further than 35 yards 

I never said he was a bad kid 

Anderson and Smith can make a defense pay if they make a single mistake.  Unfortunately, Ryan Fitzpatrick cannot.

12 hours ago, AFJF said:

Less time than any other WR in the NFL.  Fitz gets the ball out in just over 2 seconds, and as we saw last season, the quick slant is one thing he has no issues with.

Besides, there shouldn't be any arm strength issues in a couple weeks when they turn the team over to Petty :thumbup:

I am fine with that. Other than the fact that they wasted yet another season not making the playoffs with Fitz.

8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I am fine with that. Other than the fact that they wasted yet another season not making the playoffs with Fitz.

Yeah...having a bottom 3 offense won't win a lot of games with a bottom 3 defense.  

Definitely didn't see any if that coming.

12 hours ago, AFJF said:

In our own JN video break downs show that Fitz often locks onto his first option regardless whether there better options or not!!

Soooooo.....................

Of course Fitz is going to get rid of the ball by 2 seconds!!!!

The key is Fitz making the right decisions within the time allotted and JN's own video break downs simply show this year he is not.

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

In your own video break downs you show that Fitz often locks onto his first option regardless whether there better options or not!!

Soooooo.....................

Of course Fitz is going to get rid of the ball by 2 seconds!!!!

The key is Fitz making the right decisions within the time allotted and your own video break downs show this year he is not.

I wish I could take credit, but those aren't mine, @win4everdoes them.

I See your point, but my thing with Smith is all the talk of only being able to run a "go" route.  Do we know for sure that he didn't learn anything at all last season?

Just now, AFJF said:

I wish I could take credit, but those aren't mine, @win4everdoes them.

I See your point, but my thing with Smith is all the talk of only being able to run a "go" route.  Do we know for sure that he didn't learn anything at all last season?

Thanks for your honesty :) 

I altered my post to give proper attribution.  

I just thought it was you because you are on top of a lot the facts. 

And as to your point concerning Devin Smith, you are right, he is currently a big unknown.  

Smith failed to fight for balls and showed poor route running at times so he doesn't get a free pass for his poor play at times last year. 

What we do know though is that Fitz has not been great with the long ball but rather his WRs in Marshall and Decker have done everything to bail him out.  

32 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Yeah...having a bottom 3 offense won't win a lot of games with a bottom 3 defense.  

Definitely didn't see any if that coming.

The defense will improve, this season, with the people the have. Same goes for the offense. Just have to bench Fitz.

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Devin Smith inactive again yesterday what a BUST 

This is all on Macc like it or not. 

Yup, Macc the moron drafted someone who got injured.

Macc needs to go.  You're right.  You are the smartest fan here.  How could Macc not see it. 

18 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

No because even when he wasn't he wasn't very affective,  and he gave the Bills the first game at Met Life last season.

Also yes we pay guys to play not sit on his ass.

So you're writing him off before he's even had a full offseason with the team, never mind a playing season?

I'm not his biggest fan, felt he was too passive in contested catches, but he's hardly had a chance to acclimate to the pro game yet.

And given our depth, we're not exactly desperate for him to come back, which is also down to Macc.

3 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

No because even when he wasn't he wasn't very affective,  and he gave the Bills the first game at Met Life last season.

Also yes we pay guys to play not sit on his ass.

I remember when posters were calling for the Jets to cut Enunwa and killing Idzik for the pick. Like it or not, it usually takes a couple of years for WR's to take off in the NFL, even when they don't miss a full year (1/2 of his rookie, 1/2 of this year) due to injury. Relax. 

3 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

I remember when posters were calling for the Jets to cut Enunwa and killing Idzik for the pick. Like it or not, it usually takes a couple of years for WR's to take off in the NFL, even when they don't miss a full year (1/2 of his rookie, 1/2 of this year) due to injury. Relax. 

That's because most of the people you cite are emotionally overreactive morons who have NO PATIENCE nor understanding that it takes time -even years- for SKILL position players to develop into material game day contributors on the field. That's why all the dopes demanding that we simply cut a young player is ridiculous angry banter being shouted atop a canyon. 

10 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Fans who attack first year players are absolutely clueless in general and calling an injured player gutless is typical Jet fan nuttiness.  

Archived