Who gets the nod as No. 2 QB today?

AFJF

Petty or Hack as the no. 2 today?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the number 2 QB today?

Just now, Shadetree said:

Ha.. this is a classic game for Jets fans. A dominating win won't even come close to easing our worries. 

In all honesty, it shouldn't....but as they say, you can only play the schedule.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Larz said:

6 have appeared in games this year.  in 7 games

Yeah, I know that and it is officially 6 at QB, but I see Pryor getting snaps as a guy who runs the odd gimmick play.  The other five guys have actually been the game day QB.

Cold, heavy rains.  Conditions that could contribute to apathy for a Jets squad with some players that may have "mailed it in."  QB controversies. A flat Head Coach.  Cleveland on verge of another title this year.  Browns have been playing hard looking for 1st win.

All things pointing to a Browns victory.  Man, I hope so.

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Yeah, I know that and it is officially 6 at QB, but I see Pryor getting snaps as a guy who runs the odd gimmick play.  The other five guys have actually been the game day QB.

pryor can do anything on a football field, the jets will make him look like jim brown

with that said, the browns may have the best QB on the field today, and I don't recall them having competitions for the back up, they just name the guy and move on

12 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

C'mon...it's the Browns and their, what, 3rd or 4th QB this year?

if Mauldin has 2 or 3 sacks today, are we to assume he's arrived and our OLB issues are over? I don't think so.

Damn it!  You have a point there.  

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

It's Petty and that's a good thing.

I have to disagree. the only reason for the sham competition was to give hack a chance to beat out petty and he couldn't. that means the coaches and GM aren't sold on petty, but the 2nd round pick couldn't beat him out

its actually the worse result.  if hack wins, it means the kid with the golden arm and the mush brains is figuring it out.  petty wins means golden arm is just another 2nd round disaster and this team is moving forward next year with a 4th round pick that can't take a snap from center of or a hit

9 minutes ago, Larz said:

I have to disagree. the only reason for the sham competition was to give hack a chance to beat out petty and he couldn't. that means the coaches and GM aren't sold on petty, but the 2nd round pick couldn't beat him out

This isn't it at all.  Petty has been hurt.  There's no way that they could be "sold" on Petty - he just started practicing again.

29 minutes ago, Larz said:

its actually the worse result.  if hack wins, it means the kid with the golden arm and the mush brains is figuring it out.  petty wins means golden arm is just another 2nd round disaster and this team is moving forward next year with a 4th round pick that can't take a snap from center of or a hit

Maybe, but could as simple as Petty is healthy and is the next man up (#3, now #2)

this is Bowles modus operandi, he follows the rules, a plan, does not seem fond of at changing direction on the fly...

7 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

How much % time did they spend on each? You sound like you in the know

Btw I don't think browns are fooled either as it is just an exercise every coach does effective or not...see injury reports

How much % time does ANY NFL team spend preparing for back ups who have never taken an NFL snap.

I'll give you a hint, it rhythms with nero.

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

So after all the dust has settled, Petty is too injured to start, but he's not too injured to play the whole game if Fitz got knocked out on the opening drive. 

Who said Petty was too injured to start?  LInk to that if you please?

Fitz is starting because we're:

1. Not eliminated yet.

2. Staff thinks, despite his poor play, he still gives us the best chance to win games.

If/when Fitz and this abortion of a Defense falters, and we lose a few more games, we'll almost assuredly see Petty (or Hack).

Till then you'll just have to suffer through a few more wins (and losses to be sure).  

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Just a question. Why do people think that a draft has only 10 impact players?

Difference making Tackles, QBs, and elite edge rushers are most often found in the first 5 picks. 

If you're looking for another mediocre corner, safety, TE, or hybrid "cover" linebacker, the teens are perfect. 

Just now, RoadFan said:

Difference making Tackles, QBs, and elite edge rushers are most often found in the first 5 picks. 

If you're looking for another mediocre corner, safety, TE, or hybrid "cover" linebacker, the teens are perfect. 

It's always odd to see Jets Fans more angry at a win than they are at a loss.

2 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

IF that's true, then what's the point of having a full round of drafting? Why would teams trade down?

Archived