JETS are "giving away" DRAFT picks...

Paradis

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Wilkerson is 27, you fool.

Skrine is young too.

Harrus is gone next year, So is Fitzpatrick. 

Next problem? LIke taking candy from a baby

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Not bogged down in bad contracts for long periods of time.

Do your homework before you try to debate with me.....

Just now, joewilly12 said:

How is he better? What has he done? We are in last place we have the worst QB in the NFL. Whats good? 

OMG. He contradicts himself AGAIN.

When I said Macc was better than Idzik. You said "That's not saying much"

Which means you AGREED THAT HE WAS.

So, once again, like taking candy from a BABY

OMG. He contradicts himself AGAIN.

When I said Macc was better than Idzik. You said "That's not saying much"

Which means you AGREED THAT HE WAS.

So, once again, like taking candy from a BABY

What has he done thats positive. 

Please list the good stuff. 

No contradicting do you understand the word and its meaning? 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

What has he done thats positive. 

Please list the good stuff. 

No contradicting do you understand the word and its meaning? 

I just said what he did. Made our roster younger. Gave us more depth, and did not hand out bad contracts for long periods of time. All of the contracts he has handed out, he can get out of in a year or 2.

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

That's the problem. You don't take a guy like that in the 2nd round. Period. You take fliers on those guys in round 4 and beyond. It's a failure if he doesn't see the field in 2017. 

It is sound logic, but there is no formula- all that matters is the end result. Whether or not 5-6 years from now Hack is still a QB1 for the jets.  Start em, sit em, I don't care- Luck #1 overall, Dak in the 4th, Rodgers sitting 3 years, Stafford taking 6 years to develop....if you think a QB has any chance to be a 10 year starter, take any road, it's worth any price.

imagine, really imagine, what it'd be like to have a ten year starter at QB. A solid centerpiece.  It is the keystone, not finding that guy is why all our drafts are so bad, why we nitpick each and every guy to death- because all other positions don't matter as much when you have that guy elevating everybody else, making up for their mistakes.  Take Brady and BB out of NE and that team is bad, no OL, no sig outside receivers, a D with almost no difference makers.

if Hack could be that guy or anything close I don't care how long it takes.  

If we didn't draft him in the second, what are we going to take another CB? Is that going to change the tides of fortune for this franchise.  Hackenberg alone has the power to do that. He may not, but that chance created by his pick is more valuable than any other 58th ranked prospect in a draft.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Was the linked....what is it, a forum post?  An article on some site?....supposed to be anything more ranting for ranting sake?

Everyone knew when we picked Hack he wasn't ready, even his biggest fans.  By definition "not ready" = Developmental.  So Chan said what coaches say about those types, we don't know yet.

I'm no Hack fan, but deciding he (and Petty too for that matter) are already "not legitimate NFL'ers" reeks of fan sperging, not an objective, measured analysis.  They might suck, but we lack evidence of that yet.  With Petty, we hope we'll get to see this year.

Hack, next year at the earliest, and no, Hack shouldn't have "been tossed out there" just because some ranting guy says so.  That would have been stupid for a guy who is clearly not ready at all yet.

Here here!

Not this year he hasn't. Hes been their second best corner

Link? Proof? Anything? Check any advanced stats. He's terrible. Has been since entering the league. If he is the 2nd best who is the first? None of the corners are having even average seasons. It's the worst secondary in the league and it's overpaid. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Link? Proof? Anything? Check any advanced stats. He's terrible. Has been since entering the league. If he is the 2nd best who is the first? None of the corners are having even average seasons. It's the worst secondary in the league and it's overpaid. 

Which makes my statement correct. Tell me two corners who have performed better than Skrine this year

I said this on another thread I am starting to think the Jets are sitting Petty because the online sucks and they do not want to destroy his confidence.

It is too early to fire the gm and anyone posting that is having a Knee jerk reaction, the coach does need tog et his act together fast he has 1 yr more at best. but what you are seeing now is several yrs of bad drafts and not developing players coming home to roost.

It takes time to rebuild last yr was against a softer schedule this yr I figured 7-9 to 9 and 7 but the way this team has quit has me questioning the coach and character of the team

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Which makes my statement correct. Tell me two corners who have performed better than Skrine this year

So you're touting Skrine for being the least incompetent player this season? Seriously? That's your argument? Buster Skrine is a terrible corner in a terrible secondary and he is massively overpaid. Being the best poop shoveler is great except you still end up smelling like poop. 

So you're touting Skrine for being the least incompetent player this season? Seriously? That's your argument? Buster Skrine is a terrible corner in a terrible secondary and he is massively overpaid. Being the best poop shoveler is great except you still end up smelling like poop. 

Maybe so, but it's true. 

20 minutes ago, David Harris said:

It is sound logic, but there is no formula- all that matters is the end result. Whether or not 5-6 years from now Hack is still a QB1 for the jets.  Start em, sit em, I don't care- Luck #1 overall, Dak in the 4th, Rodgers sitting 3 years, Stafford taking 6 years to develop....if you think a QB has any chance to be a 10 year starter, take any road, it's worth any price.

imagine, really imagine, what it'd be like to have a ten year starter at QB. A solid centerpiece.  It is the keystone, not finding that guy is why all our drafts are so bad, why we nitpick each and every guy to death- because all other positions don't matter as much when you have that guy elevating everybody else, making up for their mistakes.  Take Brady and BB out of NE and that team is bad, no OL, no sig outside receivers, a D with almost no difference makers.

if Hack could be that guy or anything close I don't care how long it takes.  

If we didn't draft him in the second, what are we going to take another CB? Is that going to change the tides of fortune for this franchise.  Hackenberg alone has the power to do that. He may not, but that chance created by his pick is more valuable than any other 58th ranked prospect in a draft.

So the guy who sucked out loud in college and looked completely lost in the preseason and cannot even dress on Sundays was worth a 2nd round pick because he may turn out to be the goods if they just fix the litany of issues with his mechanics and his mind? Good to know. 

So the guy who sucked out loud in college and looked completely lost in the preseason and cannot even dress on Sundays was worth a 2nd round pick because he may turn out to be the goods if they just fix the litany of issues with his mechanics and his mind? Good to know. 

While I agree it was a reach, giving up on the young man without even seeing him play his lunacy

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

While I agree it was a reach, giving up on the young man without even seeing him play his lunacy

You can think that a guy was a huge reach and still hope for the best. No one is giving up on the kid but there hasn't been much to be encouraged by. 

3 hours ago, section314 said:

LOL!   I know I'm in a huge minority on this board, but I really think Hack is gonna be the guy. And if it does take two years and he's ready to start at the age of 23, and be here for 10-12 years, I think we'd all take that.In a heartbeat.

+1 he sure looks he part, big, mean looking with a cannon of an arm. We HAVE to give him a shot next year.

2 hours ago, rammagen said:

I said this on another thread I am starting to think the Jets are sitting Petty because the online sucks and they do not want to destroy his confidence.

It is too early to fire the gm and anyone posting that is having a Knee jerk reaction, the coach does need tog et his act together fast he has 1 yr more at best. but what you are seeing now is several yrs of bad drafts and not developing players coming home to roost.

It takes time to rebuild last yr was against a softer schedule this yr I figured 7-9 to 9 and 7 but the way this team has quit has me questioning the coach and character of the team

Completely agree.  The team quit week 3.  Bowles needs to go.

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

skrine is playing out of position becuse the cover coners aren't doing so well.  skrine is supposed to cover the edelman's and amendola type players not go up against the larger receivers.  so for him to be opposite revis is wrong.  he's only 5-9 or so.

26 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Yes, the team had a very terrible game (not a bad one) and as a result they quit the rest of the season.  All on the coach.

Thought the Jets won a couple of games and we're leading vs Pats late 4th since "quitting" 

good gawd. Can't make this sh*t up. 

Archived