The draft is stacked at RB and we need one

Pointdexter

Anyone remember the wr draft that we passed on multiple #1's for Jalen Saunders and the kid from UCLA? That draft did give us Enunwa.

This year the strength is at the RB position and we should be smart enough to grab one of them.

Top guy is Dalvin Cook. By far he's the most explosive,  can run btw tackles, and is versatile in passing game. After that is Fournette and they're both top 15 guys. Perine, Pumphery, McCaffrey, Foreman, Freeman, Gallman, Chubb could all be taken in the first 2 rounds as well.

A dream draft would be Watson in rd 1 and McCaffrey in round 2. Add some FA OL and we would be in business.  Just a dream though bc I'm sure in actuality we'll go Dline and CB with our first 2 picks. Afterall, we're the Jets. ;)

I agree I want a young explosive RB. We have some good young WRs, let's give our QBs weapons at every position, INCLUDING TIGHT END! Pray that ASJ turns his life around. With Decker back next year, Jets are loaded at the skill positions.

First dump Mac and Bowles and get a real GM and coach with real time experience  in here.  Then, revamp the OL and CB positions.  Early draft spots should first focus on OL, CB, OLB...these are the 3 most pertinent positions.  After that, do a deluxe cleaning of the roster of get rid of older, overpriced players (Harris, Revis, Mangold, Clady) That alone saves big cash and opens up cap space for younger free agents.   After that secure a vet QB that will give Hack and Petty more time to develop to see if either can be The One.  This is not rocket science.

3 hours ago, Powpow said:

First dump Mac and Bowles and get a real GM and coach with real  experience  in here.  Then, revamp the OL and CB positions.  Early draft spots should first focus on OL, CB, OLB...these are the 3 most pertinent positions.  After that, do a deluxe cleaning of the roster of get rid of older, overpriced players (Harris, Revis, Mangold, Clady) That alone saves big cash and opens up cap space for younger free agents.   After that secure a vet QB that will give Hack and Petty more time to develop to see if either can be The One.  This is not rocket science.

First, stfu.

Fournette or Cook in the 1st would be great. I love Fournette but if we traded down and acquired picks while getting Cook, I'd prefer that by a long shot.

Some other mid round guys I'd like ate Alvin Kamara and Wayne Gallman. I'm high on both guys 

Im a big believer in not wasting first round picks on RBs. I believe if you have a good O-Line (which the Jets need to address) you can find capable backs in the middle rounds. Look at Bilal Powell. The Jets didnt need to use a top pick to get him. Shonn Greene was good for us for a while when used right, as was Leon Washington. These weren't top picks. Curtis Martin was a 3rd rounder, Chris Ivory wasnt even drafted. I'm just thinking of some of our more recent backs who have been productive.

I think there has to be a guy who is so much better than anyone else at their position in order for the Jets to use a top pick on a back. It's a passing league. JMO

Just now, Powpow said:

you sure fooled me seeing how you act like a petulant putz.

Must be mistaken for someone like yourself who cries like a little "petulant putz" when something doesn't go right. Man up Girl Scout, can't make changes 24/7 and expect a competent staff. That mind set is for the weak and you've expressed that enough.?

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

I bet that's what you would want me to do Mr. "Double Dildo".? C'mon are you serious right now? If I wanted I could reduce you to tears over a computer screen. Stop while you're behind.

Ill send you  a Gumby for your 13th birthday.

Archived