Only reason Woody isn't firing Bowles is bec he is can't be bothered while he prepares for his ambassadorship

Jetsbb

You think Woody wants be be dealing with finding a head coach at around the same time he is moving to London and all the logistics with becoming an ambassador? Hell no. The team is so off his mind right now he could give two sh*ts the team is burning with an incompetent head coach. The Bills haven't leaked to the media that Rex is safe they actually care about their team and are willing to fire a head coach they gave a 5 year contract to and eat 3 years left bec Rex is having a mediocre year. Our head coach is having a disastrous year and Woody can't wait leaking to the media after the disastrous colts game that Bowles is safe.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blowes stands up after the game and tells you that he has done a terrible job.  Why exactly would you bring him back?  It is not like getting left back in elementary school.  YOu should not just stay where you are when you are admittedly "terrible."

1 hour ago, jack48 said:

Blowes stands up after the game and tells you that he has done a terrible job.  Why exactly would you bring him back?  It is not like getting left back in elementary school.  YOu should not just stay where you are when you are admittedly "terrible."

That is what coaches do. He is not going to publicly call out in a press conference the myriad of rookies (Anderson, Peake, Burris, Shell, Anderson etc.) and other young players (Petty, Johnson, Wilds, Tomlinson etc.), by name who were doing "young players things" 

Reactions like this is why the Jets fan base cannot accept a try rebuild. A true rebuild is not a linear progression. It is often steps forward and backwards, forwards and backwards until the team collectively makes a leap or two to another level, IMO

29 minutes ago, SBBound said:

That is what coaches do. He is not going to publicly call out in a press conference the myriad of rookies (Anderson, Peake, Burris, Shell, Anderson etc.) and other young players (Petty, Johnson, Wilds, Tomlinson etc.), by name who were doing "young players things" 

Reactions like this is why the Jets fan base cannot accept a try rebuild. A true rebuild is not a linear progression. It is often steps forward and backwards, forwards and backwards until the team collectively makes a leap or two to another level, IMO

Please stop defending Bowles! From the opening game to last night, this team blows assignments everywhere! He challenges a spot on a Powell run you know wasn't going to be overturned. He's got highly paid veterans mailing it in since mid season, his DC is terrible, Bowles hasn't made 1 good decision in any game this year. I will be absolutely SHOCKED if he's the NY Jets coach in 2017. If so, it will be the lowest attendance ever. 

1 minute ago, Jetsbb said:

Why do the Bills get to fire Rex after 2 years while Bowles who is demonstrably worse gets to stay?

To be fair, the Bills have 8 years of evidence of Rex as a head coach to use in making a decision. Who knows what nonsense he sold them when he interviewed for the job, how he was going to improve on certain things as a coach, etc. The Pegulas have obviously seen enough. Bowles has only had 2 years as a head coach, and stepped into a much worse situation than Rex did. 

After last night I am all for firing Bowles. I was one of his biggest supporters and loved the hire, after last night and watching Sheldon's video speaks volumes about his leadership. Look at Miami' HC Adam Gase, they were 1-4 he cut 2 starting OL for not performing  and now they will more than likely get the 6th seed. 

Gase was a great hire, good with QB's and appears to have a great offensive mind. He is a hard nosed coach and has handled diversity well. I know it's only one season, but it appears to be a good hire. 

2 hours ago, jack48 said:

He obviously was falling on his sword for his team.

4 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

After last night I am all for firing Bowles. I was one of his biggest supporters and loved the hire, after last night and watching Sheldon's video speaks volumes about his leadership. Look at Miami' HC Adam Gase, they were 1-4 he cut 2 starting OL for not performing  and now they will more than likely get the 6th seed. 

Gase was a great hire, good with QB's and appears to have a great offensive mind. He is a hard nosed coach and has handled diversity well. I know it's only one season, but it appears to be a good hire. 

Bowles was that same great hire a year ago.

1 minute ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

That's true, that's why I said it's only been one season. Their winning streak has been against teams with a losing record, but they will sneak into the playoffs.

And they've been unbelievably fortunate, have had every break go their way. 

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

as he should....  he is a very poor coach. There is more talent on this team than the record shows.

Part his fault but most falls on the players.  

Just like no one thought there was 10 win talent here a year ago. 

Was very interesting listening to the pre game show  

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

as he should....  he is a very poor coach. There is more talent on this team than the record shows.

On paper yes, but there have been so many injuries a and just flat out piss poor play. Bowles sucks, and his mistakes are beyond injuries and poor talent, but this is not a very talented team outside of a few names that are done.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

And they've been unbelievably fortunate, have had every break go their way. 

True, it's been unbelievable how many things they had go their way. It makes me sick. I have to listen to all these goofball Dolphins fans boast how great they are, as you probably do as well. Hopefully they lose to Buffalo and NE.

2 hours ago, jack48 said:

And it is not the first time he has said it either. The special teams coach needs to be fired like right now. The Jets played hard until the blocked punt, then they gave away another TD on a blown coverage by Burris. Marcus Williams has taken a giant step backward this year. Nearly the entire secondary needs to be set on fire. The lack of effort is what is really troubling. When this team falls behind they cave and that goes directly to the HC.

There is NO way to defend Bowles.   Same old song and dance in post game conference.   The question is is whether this team would be 4-10 with Belicheck?  An answer we will never know.   I know it's unfair to compare Bowles to Belicheck, but the Jets can do better at head coach.  It's a business.   In-game management  and adjustments have left a ton to be desired with Bowles.  The guy came in here billed as a defensive expert?  I say move on at seasons end.

9 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

True, it's been unbelievable how many things they had go their way. It makes me sick. I have to listen to all these goofball Dolphins fans boast how great they are, as you probably do as well. Hopefully they lose to Buffalo and NE.

I spend most of my time in SoFlo too now and want to puke every Sunday.  Dumbest fanbase in the NFL acting like they're Pats fans, lol

29 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

You could say the same exact thing about Bowles last season

7 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

You think Woody wants be be dealing with finding a head coach at around the same time he is moving to London and all the logistics with becoming an ambassador? Hell no. The team is so off his mind right now he could give two sh*ts the team is burning with an incompetent head coach. The Bills haven't leaked to the media that Rex is safe they actually care about their team and are willing to fire a head coach they gave a 5 year contract to and eat 3 years left bec Rex is having a mediocre year. Our head coach is having a disastrous year and Woody can't wait leaking to the media after the disastrous colts game that Bowles is safe.

How do you know this?

1 minute ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

So true, how far you think the can go? I think they snag the 6th seed.

Agree, if things continue to go their way.  The have to beat the Bills (?) next week because they end the season with the Pats.  

But with their luck they'll need the Pats game and BB will decide since they don't need the game to sit Brady and the rest of his starters.  I can feel it

37 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

After last season which was obviously a mirage, we all said Bowltite was a good hire too....

Just sayin

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Agree, if things continue to go their way.  The have to beat the Bills (?) next week because they end the season with the Pats.  

But with their luck they'll need the Pats game and BB will decide since they don't need the game to sit Brady and the rest of his starters.  I can feel it

I think you're right, hopefully the lose against the Bills and BB plays the starters. 

2 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

I think you're right, hopefully the lose against the Bills and BB plays the starters. 

That would be nice.

The icing on the cake would be to lose on a punt return or some other crazy, out of the ordinary play.  Lol

2 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

After last season which was obviously a mirage, we all said Bowltite was a good hire too....

Just sayin

I agree, he does seem to be more of a disciplinarian than Bowles, hopefully next year teams have figured out his offense. Tannehill has improved under Gase as did Cutler for the one season Gase was there. Hopefully they crash back down to reality as they only beat one team with a winning record, and that was a banged up Pittsburgh team.

34 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Part his fault but most falls on the players.  

Just like no one thought there was 10 win talent here a year ago. 

Was very interesting listening to the pre game show  

33 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

On paper yes, but there have been so many injuries a and just flat out piss poor play. Bowles sucks, and his mistakes are beyond injuries and poor talent, but this is not a very talented team outside of a few names that are done.

Both fair responses gentlemen. I am simply down on Bowles. Even last year he made 4-5 game time decisions that were clearly mind numbing.

22 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Both fair responses gentlemen. I am simply down on Bowles. Even last year he made 4-5 game time decisions that were clearly mind numbing.

Bowles got lucky with a cupcake schedule and still didn't make the playoffs.  People act like he won the super bowl

Archived