BPA on offensive. It's about time.

• Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU 
  • Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State
  • Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame 
  • Mike Williams, WR, Clemson  

2nd round pick 34-36 overall, I like prospects

• O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama
  • Curtis Samuel, WR/RB, Ohio State

McGlinchey is staying in school and a first round running back for this team would be foolish. As would a tight end in the second. Wide Receiver isn't really a need unless they decide to move on from Decker and Marshall, but I can't see that happening. 

9 hours ago, SR24 said:

We can't base our pick in this draft off of our previous drafts. Going defense again isn't sexy I know it's boring and same old typical Jets BS, but that's one of our biggest needs and with the lack of elite oline talent+the plethera of elite level corners and safeties in this draft might be the right decision. I know I hate it too, Idk why we would take a WR I saw that earlier thats the only position we have solid depth at. Maybe we can try to trade Sheldon for an early 3rd or 4th round pick idk but this is what I'd do.

1st-Cb/S

2nd-Oline

3rd-Oline

4th-Ilb

5th-TE

totally agree on using the high pick on a cb above any other position except qb.

7 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

They are going to have to spend money on a LT this year.  Cut and dry.  There is NOBODY in this draft worthy of a top ten pick at the position.

Qvale and Shell, I think, will be okay at RT.  We could use a Guard, and we need to think about replacing Mangold.  But OL has to be taken at some point, once or twice.

Same with a OLB.  It is time to draft a guy whose job it is to just get to the QB, not try and cover the TE.

While I agree about the offensive line, outside linebacker has been addressed multiple times the last few seasons. Mauldin is supposed to be the guy to just go get the QB. This staff asked him to add weight for some strange reason. I also like Jenkins on the outside. Once they cut Harris and Henderson, inside linebacker is more of a need than outside. What they really need to get is a speed rusher at defensive end. No more DTs there. That's a huge problem. 

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

While I agree about the offensive line, outside linebacker has been addressed multiple times the last few seasons. Mauldin is supposed to be the guy to just go get the QB. This staff asked him to add weight for some strange reason. I also like Jenkins on the outside. Once they cut Harris and Henderson, inside linebacker is more of a need than outside. What they really need to get is a speed rusher at defensive end. No more DTs there. That's a huge problem. 

There are under the radar decisions that show just how messed up this Front Office is:

Mauldin gain weight.

Not playing Powell.

Drafting Devin Smith, activating him, and then not playing him

Jarvis Harrison

Letting Snacks go to the Giants.

Not cutting Breno, thus saving his cap space, so he can not contribute.

Not trading SR while we had a chance.

11 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It really is incredible. All the picks this team has had the past several years, and they still need guys for every single position excepting DE. Literally every single position.

That said there is no ******* way that this team can burn another first rounder on defense. They haven't used a first on anything offense since Sanchez. It's time.

We're taking a playmaking safety who doesn't actually get INTs for force fumbles.  #DEALWITHIT

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

McGlinchey is staying in school and a first round running back for this team would be foolish. As would a tight end in the second. Wide Receiver isn't really a need unless they decide to move on from Decker and Marshall, but I can't see that happening. 

Even though it's a luxury pick OJ Howard in round 2 would be awesome.

Zeke sends his regards. 

Zeke runs through the best oline in the nfl and has a dual threat qb teams need to worry about. Not to take away from anything he has done this season but to me it almost has a feel like rg3 and Morris their first season.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, drdetroit said:

If we draft Fournette over Tim Williams or Cam Robinson I may be done too

Cam Robinson isn't an NFL LT. Drafting a RT with a top 10 pick is plain stupid. Unfortunately, this isn't the year for OL. 

11 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

1st round - BPA

2nd round - O-line 

3rd round - MLB

4th round - RB

6th round - Corner

7th round - O- line

but honestly the picks really depend on who the BPA is in round 1...so my little half ass mock draft honestly isn't accurate because we have no clue who we are going to pick round 1. 

1st Round: Edge Rusher

2nd Round: LT

3rd Round: FS

4th Round: RB

6h Round: Best Available

7th Round: Best Available.

I was just thinking this morning that with our 1st 2 picks if we hit home runs probably in the order below it would address 2 areas that probably are our weakest:

1) CB (Need a number 1 CB even if nobody wants to go D and there are no good LTs supposedly that high in the 1st round)

2) LT

If a great prospect pass rushing OLB is there with our 1st pick we can take him and then shift the above positions in either order to 2nd and 3rd round depending on BPA. Again if we somehow can come out of the 1st 3 rounds with solid picks at CB, OLB and LT, that would go a long way towards a good rebuild. Our remaining picks can address other needs at OL, RB, secondary, etc. They can sprinkle in FAs with some of the money they will get with cuts, but even with FAs and the draft we can't expect to address all our needs as there are many before we get back into playoff contention again.

For QB personally we have struggled there with these retread vets or bad draft picks like Geno for so long that I would say to go with Petty as the starter with some competition for him with a vet like Hoyer since guys like Glennon and others in his category are going to have teams bidding too high for them. Teams are so desperate for QBs they are being so overvalued that the impact on teams like the Texans, Vikings, etc. can possibly be felt for years due to these mistakes. Mac was at least smart enough to blow only one year on Fitz since 2015 was a double digit win year.  

After watching this season it seemed that at least 4-6 games were lost mostly due to the CB play. I am still so aggrevated we missed on the Milliner pick. 9th overall for what. Well, water under the bridge. Hopefully Burris at least develops into a decent number 2 and we have to get a number 1 CB somehow probably from the draft since great CB FAs are hard to steal from teams and they get overpaid in FA like QBs and then in many cases play badly the 1st or 2nd year they get with their new teams i.e Eagles with Nadi...(sp?), Jets with Revis, etc.

14 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

There is very few positives if any from this year but the jets will get 2 picks in the top 40. Last year we burned a 2nd round pick on a guy still in street clothes, still confuses me. This year what positions do you think we address in 1st and 2nd pick? I'm torn with 1 between rb and pass rusher but will side with pass rusher. Second round we go best available OL man available. Thoughts? 

O-Line or Jabril Peppers. That's it!!!! Possibly a shutdown CB if available.

Here is a list of left tackles available in the draft. If none of these are worthy of fifth or sixth pick, then trade down to 12-19 and select one of them there. Gotta have a solid o-line to keep these young QB's upright. 

Offensive tackles

1. Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame

Why he’s on the list: McGlinchey enjoyed a breakout 2015 season, as he’s grown into his 6-foot-7 frame since arriving in South Bend. He’s a powerful run blocker at the point of attack and solid pass protector, and he has the frame the NFL covets at tackle.

What we’d like to see: With only one full year under his belt, McGlinchey has to prove he’s more than a one-year wonder. He’s moving to left tackle this season so that transition must go smoothly to warrant top-round consideration in the draft. He could also stand to improve as a pass blocker.

1. Zach Banner, USC

Why he’s on the list: At 6-foot-9, 350 pounds, Banner has impressive size, length and power. He can move defenders at the point of attack and he made great strides in pass protection last season.

What we’d like to see: Another year of strong pass protection is a must and in the run game, showing the ability to make the backside cutoff on zone plays is an important part of Banner’s game that we’ll be watching. He also needs to cut down on the 13 penalties that tied for second in the FBS.

1. Cam Robinson, Alabama

Why he’s on the list: Robinson is cut from a mold of prototypical NFL left tackles, and just the look and his place in Alabama’s starting lineup as a true freshman have him penciled in as the top tackle in next year’s draft on many boards. The tools are evident, and they were on full display in games like his performance against Florida in 2014 when he dominated in pass protection while showing the ability to make every block in the run game.

What we’d like to see: We need to see better on-field performance that matches the hype. While the potential is there, Robinson has yet to put together the dominant performance expected of future first-round picks. Health may have been an issue in each of his first two years, so a healthy dominant season is what we’re looking for in order to slot him into the first round.

1. Conor McDermott, UCLA

Why he’s on the list: With a 6-foot-8 frame and two solid years in pass protection, McDermott is on the NFL’s radar. He had a strong year in the run game in 2014, so that early-career production is a good sign.

What we’d like to see: McDermott needs a more consistent season in 2016, particularly in the running game where he can allow too much penetration on the backside of running plays.

1. Tyrell Crosby, Oregon

Why he’s on the list: A powerful run blocker, Crosby was one of the nation’s last season. He can create movement and work off blocks to find second-level defenders.

What we’d like to see: Crosby has not been nearly as good in pass protection where he posted an average grade last season. Improvement in this area is a must for his long-term potential.

12 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Zeke runs through the best oline in the nfl and has a dual threat qb teams need to worry about. Not to take away from anything he has done this season but to me it almost has a feel like rg3 and Morris their first season.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

He has a rookie QB who relies on him extensively. Being a dual threat QB, which he isn't, doesn't help the run game like you put it. The OL is one of the best but Zeke makes them look even better. Cowboys didn't pick him up 4th overall cuz they thought they had the best OL. They picked him there cuz he belonged in the top 5 and he proved it. And please save me the RG3/Morris compares. That was a true dual threat QB situation that wasn't going to last long. Cowboys have something to build upon for the long term. 

1 hour ago, Ex-Rex said:

Here is a list of left tackles available in the draft. If none of these are worthy of fifth or sixth pick, then trade down to 12-19 and select one of them there. Gotta have a solid o-line to keep these young QB's upright. 

Offensive tackles

1. Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame

Why he’s on the list: McGlinchey enjoyed a breakout 2015 season, as he’s grown into his 6-foot-7 frame since arriving in South Bend. He’s a powerful run blocker at the point of attack and solid pass protector, and he has the frame the NFL covets at tackle.

What we’d like to see: With only one full year under his belt, McGlinchey has to prove he’s more than a one-year wonder. He’s moving to left tackle this season so that transition must go smoothly to warrant top-round consideration in the draft. He could also stand to improve as a pass blocker.

1. Zach Banner, USC

Why he’s on the list: At 6-foot-9, 350 pounds, Banner has impressive size, length and power. He can move defenders at the point of attack and he made great strides in pass protection last season.

What we’d like to see: Another year of strong pass protection is a must and in the run game, showing the ability to make the backside cutoff on zone plays is an important part of Banner’s game that we’ll be watching. He also needs to cut down on the 13 penalties that tied for second in the FBS.

1. Cam Robinson, Alabama

Why he’s on the list: Robinson is cut from a mold of prototypical NFL left tackles, and just the look and his place in Alabama’s starting lineup as a true freshman have him penciled in as the top tackle in next year’s draft on many boards. The tools are evident, and they were on full display in games like his performance against Florida in 2014 when he dominated in pass protection while showing the ability to make every block in the run game.

What we’d like to see: We need to see better on-field performance that matches the hype. While the potential is there, Robinson has yet to put together the dominant performance expected of future first-round picks. Health may have been an issue in each of his first two years, so a healthy dominant season is what we’re looking for in order to slot him into the first round.

1. Conor McDermott, UCLA

Why he’s on the list: With a 6-foot-8 frame and two solid years in pass protection, McDermott is on the NFL’s radar. He had a strong year in the run game in 2014, so that early-career production is a good sign.

What we’d like to see: McDermott needs a more consistent season in 2016, particularly in the running game where he can allow too much penetration on the backside of running plays.

1. Tyrell Crosby, Oregon

Why he’s on the list: A powerful run blocker, Crosby was one of the nation’s last season. He can create movement and work off blocks to find second-level defenders.

What we’d like to see: Crosby has not been nearly as good in pass protection where he posted an average grade last season. Improvement in this area is a must for his long-term potential.

Zack Banner is just too big and too tall, he'll get killed at the next level by smaller speed rushers who will get under him.  I don't think McGlinchey has declared.

Archived