Hack ripped by anonymous Jets coach

AFJF

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Integrity28 said:

Missing the point, as usual.

The trouble here is that this level of dissent has returned to the Jets. Hearing this from within about the coach is alarming, considering a HC firing usually means his staff goes too. This is a major problem.

It is. But, maybe this coach knows that he is being shown the door, and did this as a parting shot. 

Really, what kind of coach decides to trash a kid in the media? Very low class, even if it is true

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Missing the point, as usual.

The trouble here is that this level of dissent has returned to the Jets. Hearing this from within about the coach is alarming, considering a HC firing usually means his staff goes too. This is a major problem.

I think the staff might be gone anyway. The timing suggests a petty (no pun intended) firing shot

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

I changed it to Michigan-The 4 OT game. Sorry He had a very good freshman year

He did, but was then horrible thereafter. And now is another year removed from a positive football year with anonymous NFL coach ripping him to the media and Bowles not willing to let him play.

11 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I believe Macc took Hack because of O'Brien's connection to him and possibly hearing alot about him while with the Texans...not because he actually evaluated the kid and thought he was any good. This indeed looks like a terrible pick.

Private workouts. Do some homework.

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I'm not questioning that he was bad, I was just questioning your verbiage. That's all. That article uses regular season stats for the preseason. That's what I meant

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

It is. But, maybe this coach knows that he is being shown the door, and did this as a parting shot. 

Really, what kind of coach decides to trash a kid in the media? Very low class, even if it is true

This. Even if it's true this is just a cowardly thing to do.

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Lol, right. He's taking a parting shot at Christian Hackenberg to settle his personal vendetta against the kid. 

The coach is obviously just being honest, probably in response to a question he was asked by a media member he's friendly with. (Shefter)

If he was disgruntled, his personal shot would've been against the organization/management. 

Just now, SMC said:

He did, but was then horrible thereafter. And now is another year removed from a positive football year with anonymous NFL coach ripping him to the media and Bowles not willing to let him play.

Except that was the plan from when he was drafted. If anything, it's good to see a usually reactionary franchise have a backbone

3 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

How would any coach even know this about hack or petty? They wasted all the reps on geno smith all offseason and most of the season.

Easy. All QBs throw in practice to some degree, be it on the sideline, drills etc. There's a gif in the other Hack thread of him throwing on sideline and missing everything.

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Oh really?  You know this?

So that private workout by the Jets at PSU was for show? As well as his trip to Florham Park? 

No, I don't know this...which is why I said "I believe", meaning that it's an opinion of mine. Also, a private workout and an invite doesn't mean sh*t when talking about evaluating the guy when he plays. So again, I believe that Macc was possibly enamored by O'Brien's outlook on him and not based on actual personal evaluating as a scout/former scout. 

That's what I believe based on the ridiculous high draft pick...but not what I know as a fact. 

1 minute ago, SMC said:

Easy. All QBs throw in practice to some degree, be it on the sideline, drills etc. There's a gif in the other Hack thread of him throwing on sideline and missing everything.

Oh I c......that is how they coach qb in nfl these days....just let them play catch on sidelines

Not the only time someone made an ocean crack like this. Bill Chadwick an ex-NHL ref who years ago was color man on New York Rangers broadcasts once said about Gene Carr, one of the Rangers forwards and a guy who couldn't score that he couldn't put the puck in the ocean if he was standing at the end of the pier. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

No, I don't know this...which is why I said "I believe", meaning that it's an opinion of mine. Also, a private workout and an invite doesn't mean sh*t when talking about evaluating the guy when he plays. So again, I believe that Macc was possibly enamored by O'Brien's outlook on him and not based on actual personal evaluating as a scout/former scout. 

That's what I believe based on the ridiculous high draft pick...but not what I know as a fact. 

Got it. So having Mccagnan, Bowles, Gailey, QB coach and a scout at his private workout was for a joy ride because none of them had anything else better to do for the day. 

6 minutes ago, SMC said:

The possible reasons he was horrible have been documented:

-Franklin's system (Joh Donovan) did not fit him. He was mis-cast in that system

-For some reason, PSU changed his footwork. It was obvious

-The o-line stunk through depletion of schollys.

Hack was stupid for leaving when he did. He was not ready. He probably felt it was not going to get better though.

Does all of this make I'm a sure fire shot to make it? Of course not. But he is 21, and this regime will either make it with him, or be fired because of him. And rightly so.

9 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

Lol, right. He's taking a parting shot at Christian Hackenberg to settle his personal vendetta against the kid. 

The coach is obviously just being honest, probably in response to a question he was asked by a media member he's friendly with. (Shefter)

If he was disgruntled, his personal shot would've been against the organization/management. 

Or he could have said something like "the kid has talent but has a lot of work to do if he's going to be a starter" instead of sounding like a sassy little b*tch behind anonymity.

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Got it. So having Mccagnan, Bowles, Gailey, QB coach and a scout at his private workout was for a joy ride because none of them had anything else better to do for the day. 

Well, given that we have a coach that named a free agent quarterback the starter of his football team leads me to "believe" that anything is possible with these cast of characters.

Exactly.

It's amazing how many fans refuse to believe the obvious about Hack with the ever-growing mountain of evidence.

Seriously, you guys think everyone has it out for this kid and it's some sort of conspiracy? Even if this anonymous coach was disgruntled, why is Hack's inaccuracy the object of his parting shot?? Of all things??? It's a common theme with the kid. And it's backed by everything we saw of him in college and preseason.  I know, I know...it's all James Franklin's system's fault. No matter that Hacks replacement has had no trouble and been twice as successful. 

Time for some of you to get your heads out of the sand.

Just now, Pointdexter said:

It's amazing how many fans refuse to believe the obvious about Hack with the ever-growing mountain of evidence.

Seriously, you guys think everyone has it out for this kid and it's some sort of conspiracy? Even if this anonymous coach was disgruntled, why is Hack's inaccuracy the object of his parting shot?? Of all things??? It's a common theme with the kid. And it's backed by everything we saw of him in college and preseason.  I know, I know...it's all James Franklin's system's fault. No matter that Hacks replacement has had no trouble and been twice as successful. 

The obvious about Hack is that he has a long way to go in development. The organization knew this which is why they said he wouldn't play all this season.

5 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

John Donovan's system, but I did not expect you to know this.

All speculation, as it was an anonymous quote. What coach does this and why? Always look for what the true agenda is. Not sure what it could be here. Someone sounds disgruntled.

1 minute ago, Pointdexter said:

Look the Bills did the same thing with Cardale Jones not play or activate the guy until basically today. And last year Petty also didn't take a snap. A number of other Qbs in the same category. If Romo not injured might have been the same story with Zak. 

11 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Yes they even commented on it..believe petty said he got 4 reps in a practice before the preseason game

You're now talking about reps with the 1st or 2nd team. I'm talking about throwing at all in practice because you said that coaches couldn't evaluate Hack's accuracy during practice because he wasn't getting reps. But that's just not true because coaches can just observe a QB when he throws if he "can't hit the ocean"

5 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

Or maybe most people aren't concerned with an anonymous quote that reiterated the obvious issue that was the reason we "redshirt" him, and are more pissed that there is a sassy little b*tch running around the organization.

And yeah, if you actually take your head out of the sand you'd understand why Franklin and Hack were a bad combo and why the success there is happening now.

Just now, Pointdexter said:

He may very well suck but I thik I will wait until he actually gets coached and plays in a couple preseason games next summer.  If he sucks then he sucks....there is no evidence right now Other than this past preseason where the kid got no attention at all.

Fitz took majority of practice reps, geno then got little over 1/4, petty got scraps after that and hack caught flies.

Archived