My Odds of the Jets 2017 1st Round Draft Pick (Ver 1.0)

Sarge4Tide

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think he's a Top 10 pick at this point ......maybe he will be by draft day, odds will be updated 

Alot of crazy stuff happens around combine time guess we will have to see. Top 10 pick or not though I think peppers has a pretty good shot at being the best player out of this draft.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No doubt but you improve the line over a couple of years and some other team has a davin cook.  Also as I've said often the cowboys had 4 wins the year before this one with the same great oline.  Also look at how Powell did the last games of the year. 

In any case I am all ready prepared for us to take a CB.

Running backs are a dime a dozen. First round running backs are pointless unless it's a franchise changer like Peterson. There isn't one of those this draft. Rebuild the line. Find a QB. Rebuild the secondary. Find a pass rusher. All more important than a running back. 

8 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Is the LT guy from Alabama legit?

I think so....some teams might think he projects more at RT or maybe at G.  That might be the only knock on him - he's a big mauler type rather than an elite athlete like you might want in a Top 10 OT

7 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

IF, and a big IF, we select a OffLneman 1st, I would rather pass on Bama OL, trade down, pick up some extra picks, and select Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin

I can see Ranczyk being picked in front of Cam Robinson.  Look at least year, Conklin's stock rose incredibly fast the week of the draft and he has been a beast this year.

10 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Jets 1st Round Draft Pick Odds

Ver 1.0 (Jan 3, 2017)

Odds based on Jets staying at the #6 pick

1. Deshaun Watson QB Clemson    7-1
  2. Cam Robinson OL Alabama    8-1
  3. DeShone Kizer QB Notre Dame    8-1
  4. Dalvin Cook RB FSU    9-1
  5. Leonard Fournette RB LSU    11-1
  6. Mitch Trubisky QB North Carolina    12-1
  7. Mike Williams WR Clemson     14-1
  8. Jalen Tabor CB Florida     17-1
  9. Jamal Adams SS LSU    18-1
  10. Jonathan Allen DE Alabama    20-1
  11. Myles Garrett  DE TAMU    22-1
  12. Field    26-1

Jabril Peppers, 100%

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

Hack isn't a reason to pass on a Qb. 

Nah, the pieces of garbage that came out are more than enough reasons to pass on one this year.  If we take any of these losers at 6 I'll probably end up picking up shifts every single Sunday/Gameday of next season.

21 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I was off the Peppers bandwagon. Then I saw Michigan look completely out of their depth without Peppers on the field. And this team needs leadership, I think we can all agree on that. And I think Peppers could be that leader.

He's not a top ten player.  Right now most scouts can't even figure out what position he's going to play in the NFL. 

6 hours ago, Snell41 said:

All last year all I heard was the suck for Watson campaign. He goes and has another solid season at Clemson and now he's 2nd round talent. People like you are like peasants looking in a high end jewelry shop window saying "no, that giant diamond ring is far too ugly for me to wear!"

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He's barely even 2nd round talent.  Dude can't read a defense and plays in a system that vastly inflates his numbers.  Horrendous downfield accuracy and he turns the ball over way too much.  He looked horrendous the other night but Clemson is just that much better than the competition.

Peppers is very emblematic of this draft.  There are very few if any traditional prototype players, but instead a ton of off position players with some real football player instincts and competitive fires.  

I personally think he'll be a great player in this league.   However, he has to be in the right system, and it will take a bit of grooming.  Also, it doesn't make sense for the Jets to take him, b/c he is like the rich man's version of Lee.

He's barely even 2nd round talent.  Dude can't read a defense and plays in a system that vastly inflates his numbers.  Horrendous downfield accuracy and he turns the ball over way too much.  He looked horrendous the other night but Clemson is just that much better than the competition.

Heard this about Jameis, Mariota, Wentz, Goff, on and on and on and on... I'm tired of it. We don't have a QB. There are no FA's that change the fact of the last statement. I don't want to hear this nonsense he's 2nd round talent when you know damn well he's going top 5.

9 hours ago, Snell41 said:

All last year all I heard was the suck for Watson campaign. He goes and has another solid season at Clemson and now he's 2nd round talent. People like you are like peasants looking in a high end jewelry shop window saying "no, that giant diamond ring is far too ugly for me to wear!"

I'm not the only one on this board, let alone in NA, who are weary of all these QB's, especially if they are drafted in the top 10.

But you're right.  We don't have one.  Perhaps its time to just bite the bullet on one and see what happens. 

46 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Heard this about Jameis, Mariota, Wentz, Goff, on and on and on and on... I'm tired of it. We don't have a QB. There are no FA's that change the fact of the last statement. I don't want to hear this nonsense he's 2nd round talent when you know damn well he's going top 5.

Just to be clear: Goff has not started, Wentz tailed off, Mariota has done nothing great except get injured every year, and the jury is out on Jameis....

1 hour ago, Snell41 said:

No one worth their salt said that about ANY of those guys.

I don't care that he's going top 5 (which isn't even close to being a gaurantee), he's not a top 5 talent.  You don't just take a sh*tty QB because, "F*ck it, we have don't have a concrete solution just yet, so why not?".  That's how you end up with garbage like Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert, EJ Manuel, etc.  

Watson being lower tier talent isn't nonsense. Right now, that's what he is. 

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

I'm not the only one on this board, let alone in NA, who are weary of all these QB's, especially if they are drafted in the top 10.

But you're right.  We don't have one.  Perhaps its time to just bite the bullet on one and see what happens

Not that they will do it, but anyone who supports this stupid line of thinking should step forward, put their name to it, and forfeit their right to b*tch about a damn thing when the sh*tty QB they said they wanted turns out to be a sh*tty QB.  There is ONE QB with an ounce of hope in this draft and that's Kizer and he's not going to be there. Even if he is, it's a hard sell for me.

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

Just to be clear: Goff has not started, Wentz tailed off, Mariota has done nothing great except get injured every year, and the jury is out on Jameis....

Goff started and it's early to judge but he didn't look like a world beater. Bad team with bad coaching though.

Wentz had a great rookie year, all things considered. Put wide recievers that can hold on to the ball around that kid and he is gonna be special.

Mariota has been phenomenal. You're flat out wrong on that one.

There is no jury out on Jameis.  He's a franchise QB.  Wrong again.

8 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

You never know....he has the history.  Look at Randy Gregory this year.

That's a huge stretch.  Gregory failed multiple drug tests including one at the combine and he was recently suspended in the NFL.  He also had academic issues that prevented him from getting into Purdue.

Teez missed a drug test, not failed.  Sure, you can conclude he would have failed but he didnt.  And that's it....off the field.  He got into a spat with a teammate in practice who thought he was going to hard and was suspended for it. 

So he smokes we just like 75% of the league but he's never failed a drug test.   So he's never actually had a single off field issue.  So yeah.  He's going 1st round, no doubt. Probably top 15. 

Seems like there is some steam picking up around OT Mike Mcglinchey from ND possibly declaring for the draft... He has said he'd like to go back to school but recently a lot of 'draft grades' and scouting reports have been coming out and they have him as a sure first rounder... He might want to strike while the iron is hot... Or he might just be doing his due diligence. 

He would be ahead of Cam Robinson on any big board. His scouting reports are better in a lot of ways than Robinsons' and from what I can gather people seem to generally like him more than Robinson. 

So I'll definitely be keeping my ears open to see what he decides.

http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Draft-Scouting-Reports/Scouting-Report-Mike-McGlinchey.asp

It's a very weak qb class I don't want to teach for one. Next years qb class is much better I'd rather wait for that.

I don't want a rb that high. I think the position is too devalued. Elliot was a special case. We do t have the Cowboys awesome line

Give me Adams 

4 hours ago, DMan77 said:

Seems like there is some steam picking up around OT Mike Mcglinchey from ND possibly declaring for the draft... He has said he'd like to go back to school but recently a lot of 'draft grades' and scouting reports have been coming out and they have him as a sure first rounder... He might want to strike while the iron is hot... Or he might just be doing his due diligence. 

He would be ahead of Cam Robinson on any big board. His scouting reports are better in a lot of ways than Robinsons' and from what I can gather people seem to generally like him more than Robinson. 

So I'll definitely be keeping my ears open to see what he decides.

http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Draft-Scouting-Reports/Scouting-Report-Mike-McGlinchey.asp

Let's see...I can go back to ND and get our butts kicked by every good team we play, lose to Navy, barely beat Army, or go to the NFL and become set for life. Tough one.

12 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

You never know....he has the history.  Look at Randy Gregory this year.

I think Tim Williams might the guy to slide like Randy Gregory.  Suspended for violating team rules in the beginning of the year (August).  Then got arrested (September) for possession of a firearm without a permit, car smelled of marijuana and driver was holding a bag of marijuana for a friend.  Minor incidences but makes you wonder what other things will come out leading up to the draft.  Hope he learned from those experiences and it doesn't hurt his draft.

8 minutes ago, section314 said:

Let's see...I can go back to ND and get our butts kicked by every good team we play, lose to Navy, barely beat Army, or go to the NFL and become set for life. Tough one.

I hear ya but as recently as October he was talking about going back! I'm with you though, I think once he actually sits down and looks at his possible futures, he'll declare.

15 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Goff started and it's early to judge but he didn't look like a world beater. Bad team with bad coaching though.

Wentz had a great rookie year, all things considered. Put wide recievers that can hold on to the ball around that kid and he is gonna be special.

Mariota has been phenomenal. You're flat out wrong on that one.

There is no jury out on Jameis.  He's a franchise QB.  Wrong again.

Yea honestly there is still big juries out on all these guys.  You simply don't know with young qbs for many years.  That's why getting a Ryan Tanehill or a Andy Dalton can be such franchise killer and they are in a sense way worse than getting someone like Geno Smith.  With Smith, its clear from the beginning that he is never going to be a great player in the league.  Backup sure, but he won't be leading any team to the Superbowl.   With Dalton and Tanny, its like well yea they *almost* might, maybe with the right qb coach.. and on it goes for years with good but never great results.

I've seen quite a few things that I like out of Mariota, and if I had to guess i'd say he's probably going to be a franchise qb that people will be proud of (alla Romo, or Rivers).  I dont know about superbowl though.  However, Jameis still has large bust potential.  He's talented and throws a nice ball, but he's volatile, he throws a ridiculous amount of ints that are on him, and im not sure how coachable he is.  There is a bit of a Cutler career potential in him.

Absolutely no idea about Wentz or Goff.  Both might suck, or both might be great.  It simply takes years of grooming to make a qb, they don't just come out of the draft ready made anymore.  And sometimes when they do (like Luck), its still hard to know what you really have and if they're really the right temperment and coachibility to take your team to a superbowl.

So the notion that you take a qb every year until you hit, simply doesn't work.  There are not enough reps for everybody and you simply don't know until you know.  Giving up on players too early is a thing, and waiting too long on players is also one.  

This is what talking about. All top tier young QB's, none good enough for you. You're a starving Ethiopian sitting at a feast complaining that the bread's not good enough. Unreal.

Archived