Mike Maccagnan declines to apologize to fans for Jets miserable season

joewilly12

Friend- Did you listen to B & C this morning

JW-No, I don't put much stock into what they normally talk about. Mundane'

Friend-They had Macc on, you know, from the Jets.

JW-Go on.

Friend-Get this, they pressed him for an apology for the season, for Jet fans you know.

JW-And?

Friend- He did not give one. No apology to the fans

JW-Hold on, I have to search the internet, and post something.

Friend-Hello? Hello? What about our optimists meeting this weekend?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

I have officially changed my opinion of Maccagnan based upon these interviews, if one can call a session where someone talks and says absolutely nothing an interview that is. Screw apologies, you can apologize to a guy that you just ran over with your truck, what does that solve? I want some god damn information as to the rationale of what is going on now after the season has ended.  Ok we had a bad season, everyone (except NE) has bad seasons, I can accept that for the most part, however, I want to know why a 2nd round pick was excluded from getting reps with the team all season long, especially when the team was hopelessly out of the playoffs. I want to know why the HC, DC and STC are allowed to continue here after putting forth no effort, and doing an absolutely terrible job this season, the HC in particular is so out of his league it is commical. What I don't get is us fans see it, the media sees it, former NFL coaches and execs see it, but these idiots don't see it? Listening to Maccagnan is like listening to a used car salesman, it is so damned frustrating, he says nothing and acts as though this last season was no big deal, oh "we are all disappointed" yada yada yada. How about some god damned honesty and remorse for taking peoples hard earned money to watch this sewage every week? These guys (Mac & Woody) come off as though they are doing the fans and media a favor by speaking to us and I am so totally sick of it.

I am sick of losing and sick of rooting for and supporting an organization that sh*ts all over its paying customers at every turn.

You just want a pound of flesh. Macc is playing the game. 

And if you are angry about the way paying Jets fans are treated, then don't pay.

JW-Go on.
Friend-Get this, they pressed him for an apology for the season, for Jet fans you know.
JW-And?

Common sense would tell me to learn the language of the natives first.

LOL × 2

3 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

I'm not attacking you for posting an article. It's the nonsensical drivel you posted subsequently.

Guess again am I the only one in the thread who agrees with Carton? No but you choose to attack me. Im defending the article. Sheesh 

Not sure what was accomplished. Macc took his lumps but  stopped short of promising sunshine and rainbows, Carton acted like the total areshole he is,and  Esiason sounds like a guy who is either counting the days until he contractually is done with this turd or wondering how much his agent should demand to have his mornings ruined in the future.

One thing Macc conceded; Bowles answers to the owner, not him.They  consult, but Macc and Bowles are on equal footing and both direclty answer separately to Johnson.

This  doesn't work.  I don't get it. 

21 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

JW-Go on.

JW-And?

Actually after I posted the article and the Macc pacifists starting defending Macc I called him and asked him about the show. 

Nice try valiant effort but wrong again. 

I post the articles I don't write them. 

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

It's due to Cleveland sending out a letter of apology to their fans

CLEVELAND, Ohio — Cleveland Browns owners Dee and Jimmy Haslam have penned a letter to season ticket-holders, apologizing for “such a disappointing year.”

The team ended its season with a 1-15 record on New Year’s Day with a loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

In the letter, the Haslams thanked fans for their support given “how tough this season has been” for them.

The full letter states:

“With the close of the 2016 season, we wanted to thank you again for all of your support and apologize for such a disappointing year.

We greatly appreciate the tremendous passion and loyalty of Browns fans, and it is a difficult season like this that shows how truly fortunate we are to have such support. We fully recognize how tough this season has been for you, and we want to let you know it has been equally hard for us. We are extremely grateful for your support and do not take it for granted.

Clearly, this season has been a painful part of our building process. You deserve the best, and you certainly deserve better than a 1-15 team. We are sorry that our results have not been better.

Immediately following last season, we communicated our commitment to bringing in strong, smart leaders with high character, who would be relentlessly driven to improve our football team and look at every resource possible. We continue to feel very good about the leaders we have in place – Coach Hue Jackson, Sashi Brown, and Paul DePodesta – and how they have approached their individual roles, while working extremely well together, all with the sole interest of creating a consistent winning football team for you, the fans. While we obviously did not accomplish that this season, our confidence in our leadership’s character, attitude, approach and ability remains strong as we faced this year’s challenges.

We understand the critical nature of this upcoming offseason as we continue to improve our roster. Our personnel group has positioned us very well to add quality players through multiple high draft picks while maintaining salary cap flexibility and the ability to sign and retain our core nucleus of players.

We remain committed and determined to rewarding you with the consistent winning team you deserve. We will continue to do all we can to reach that goal.

Thank you for your support.

Dee and Jimmy Haslam”

1 hour ago, ASH1962 said:

I have officially changed my opinion of Maccagnan based upon these interviews, if one can call a session where someone talks and says absolutely nothing an interview that is. Screw apologies, you can apologize to a guy that you just ran over with your truck, what does that solve? I want some god damn information as to the rationale of what is going on now after the season has ended.  Ok we had a bad season, everyone (except NE) has bad seasons, I can accept that for the most part, however, I want to know why a 2nd round pick was excluded from getting reps with the team all season long, especially when the team was hopelessly out of the playoffs. I want to know why the HC, DC and STC are allowed to continue here after putting forth no effort, and doing an absolutely terrible job this season, the HC in particular is so out of his league it is commical. What I don't get is us fans see it, the media sees it, former NFL coaches and execs see it, but these idiots don't see it? Listening to Maccagnan is like listening to a used car salesman, it is so damned frustrating, he says nothing and acts as though this last season was no big deal, oh "we are all disappointed" yada yada yada. How about some god damned honesty and remorse for taking peoples hard earned money to watch this sewage every week? These guys (Mac & Woody) come off as though they are doing the fans and media a favor by speaking to us and I am so totally sick of it.

I am sick of losing and sick of rooting for and supporting an organization that sh*ts all over its paying customers at every turn.

Maybe you missed the part where he didn't really pick Bowles, but went along with the hire... or the fact that he and Bowles both report to Woody and he probably needs Woody's approval to fire him unless that changes in the future. Just because he's not a blabber mouth like Rex doesn't mean he doesn't get it or isn't good at what he does. I personally like the element of stealth...

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

CLEVELAND, Ohio — Cleveland Browns owners Dee and Jimmy Haslam have penned a letter to season ticket-holders, apologizing for “such a disappointing year.”

The team ended its season with a 1-15 record on New Year’s Day with a loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

In the letter, the Haslams thanked fans for their support given “how tough this season has been” for them.

The full letter states:

“With the close of the 2016 season, we wanted to thank you again for all of your support and apologize for such a disappointing year.

We greatly appreciate the tremendous passion and loyalty of Browns fans, and it is a difficult season like this that shows how truly fortunate we are to have such support. We fully recognize how tough this season has been for you, and we want to let you know it has been equally hard for us. We are extremely grateful for your support and do not take it for granted.

Clearly, this season has been a painful part of our building process. You deserve the best, and you certainly deserve better than a 1-15 team. We are sorry that our results have not been better.

Immediately following last season, we communicated our commitment to bringing in strong, smart leaders with high character, who would be relentlessly driven to improve our football team and look at every resource possible. We continue to feel very good about the leaders we have in place – Coach Hue Jackson, Sashi Brown, and Paul DePodesta – and how they have approached their individual roles, while working extremely well together, all with the sole interest of creating a consistent winning football team for you, the fans. While we obviously did not accomplish that this season, our confidence in our leadership’s character, attitude, approach and ability remains strong as we faced this year’s challenges.

We understand the critical nature of this upcoming offseason as we continue to improve our roster. Our personnel group has positioned us very well to add quality players through multiple high draft picks while maintaining salary cap flexibility and the ability to sign and retain our core nucleus of players.

We remain committed and determined to rewarding you with the consistent winning team you deserve. We will continue to do all we can to reach that goal.

Dee and Jimmy Haslam”

I guess they send that out every year then lol...

Just now, munchmemory said:

LOL!  It's like the Christmas card you got from grandma every year with a $5 bill to "buy something nice for yourself, sweetie".

Used to get, I don't have any grandma's anymore  (boohoo)....  I'm an old fart lmao.

3 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

I guess they send that out every year then lol...

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

LOL!  It's like the Christmas card you got from grandma every year with a $5 bill to "buy something nice for yourself, sweetie".

The letter is the same format they just change the year and their record. LOL

33 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Actually after I posted the article and the Macc pacifists starting defending Macc I called him and asked him about the show. 

Nice try valiant effort but wrong again. 

I post the articles I don't write them. 

I will ask you to answer in all honesty-Did this article in any way give you something you did not know would happen, or illuminate you as  jet fan?

14 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

"Cost" is different than "hurt".  Cost for Mcc is related to fear.  Hurt for us fans deals in emotional pain or frustration.

I don't know maybe its just me , but I'd have a lot more emotional pain if the Jets losing was tied to me losing my job.

4 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I will ask you to answer in all honesty-Did this article in any way give you something you did not know would happen, or illuminate you as  jet fan?

Being as I didn't listen to this show or knew of this show taking place the article intrigued me,Boomer and Carton sometimes have a decent program,

Carton is a nut like me dedicated diehard Jets fan looking for answers, something. 

Mike Maccgnan is unpredictable and doesn't seem like he's too concerned about the fans having met him I'm not impressed. 

19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The full letter states:

“With the close of the [Insert Year] season, we wanted to thank you again for all of your support and apologize for such a disappointing year.

Clearly, this season has been a painful part of our building process. You deserve the best, and you certainly deserve better than a [Insert Record] team. We are sorry that our results have not been better.

Immediately following last season, we communicated our commitment to bringing in strong, smart leaders with high character, who would be relentlessly driven to improve our football team and look at every resource possible. We continue to feel very good about the leaders we have in place – Coach [Insert Coaches] – and how they have approached their individual roles, while working extremely well together, all with the sole interest of creating a consistent winning football team for you, the fans. While we obviously did not accomplish that this season, our confidence in our leadership’s character, attitude, approach and ability remains strong as we faced this year’s challenges.

Dee and Jimmy Haslam”

They actually send that letter out every year. The template is above. 

Archived