Hooker

cant wait

Ya he's awesome... A lot of the mocks I've seen since he declared have Tenn. grabbing him at 5... But I could see them wanting to pair one of the RBs with Mariota, so maybe he'll fall to us. 

If he doesn't I'll be OK with Jamal Adams too, if they go safety. Both guys seem to have tremendous instincts and awareness. 

43 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

Ya he's awesome... A lot of the mocks I've seen since he declared have Tenn. grabbing him at 5... But I could see them wanting to pair one of the RBs with Mariota, so maybe he'll fall to us. 

If he doesn't I'll be OK with Jamal Adams too, if they go safety. Both guys seem to have tremendous instincts and awareness. 

Tennessee doesn't need a RB. They have Murray and Derrick Henry behind him. Their needs are WR and all DB's

The real estate this guy covers is ridiculous.  I know they got throttled but he made a pick vs. Watson in the playoff game that was totally Ed Reed like...he's sooooo good.

I cant find anything to copy and paste but this play was just impressive.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/2016/12/ohio_state_football_watch_mali.html

Id take him or Jamal Adams. Hooker has the pick 6 home run ability more so than Adams, but Adams is a better tackler and more versatile. 

Either player is a game changer and QB of the secondary. Im usually against taking safeties in Rd1. But all for getting either of these guys.

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

Id take him or Jamal Adams. Hooker has the pick 6 home run ability more so than Adams, but Adams is a better tackler and more versatile. 

Either player is a game changer and QB of the secondary. Im usually against taking safeties in Rd1. But all for getting either of these guys.

I tend to agree, safety usually seems like a waste to draft that high but these kind of playmakers nullify positional value 

• 3 weeks later...

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet  

OSU star Malik Hooker had core muscle surgery from William Meyers. Struan Coleman did the labrum. He was told he'd be ready by training camp

And had interceptions in both his last two games while playing through injuries. Still a top 10 guy

Matt Miller @nfldraftscout

Malik Hooker had surgery Tuesday on a torn labrum and a hernia that he played through late this season. He will miss the Combine.

So a couple of things. 

Tenn will probably take Hooker, at least that is my prediction right now. But its hard to mock players by a teams' need in the top 5. Often times they go BPA. In this case, Hooker is a combination of both.

Although I think if Hooker fell to 6 he should be a serious consideration for the Jets. Tenn taking him gives the Jets a better opportunity to land Fournette, a top 2 QB, Allen or use any of the 3 as trade bait to trade down. So its really not a bad scenario, IMHO.  

Worst thing that can happen is Allen is there and there are no trade takers. Then the Jets are stuck with option A. Taking another D-lineman as BPA. or B. Passing on a stud talent like Allen just b/c he is D-lineman. Macc does not do that. 

31 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet  

OSU star Malik Hooker had core muscle surgery from William Meyers. Struan Coleman did the labrum. He was told he'd be ready by training camp

And had interceptions in both his last two games while playing through injuries. Still a top 10 guy

Malik Hooker had surgery Tuesday on a torn labrum and a hernia that he played through late this season. He will miss the Combine.

Oh man I hope Cleveland drafts Garrett, Trubisky falls to 6, Cleveland loves him trades us the 12th, and 33rd for 6, we take Hooker at 12, trade back into 1st grab Mahomes.

36 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet  

That wasn't a hernia.  William Meyers is the Philadelphia guy that "invented" the "sports hernia."  It isn't really a hernia, so much as tearing of the core muscles from the hip.  He does a ton of surgery.  Go to him and he will cut you too.  JPP went to him for a 2nd opinion this year and was getting the operation by the end of the week.  As far as I can tell he is excellent, but the only game in town.  Pretty sure he did Kelce and Abraham too. 

On 2/1/2017 at 11:45 AM, Lupz27 said:

Oh man I hope Cleveland drafts Garrett, Trubisky falls to 6, Cleveland loves him trades us the 12th, and 33rd for 6, we take Hooker at 12, trade back into 1st grab Mahomes.

YES! This is the trade I have been clamoring for. It makes sense for both sides.

BUT I think Hooker will go #5 overall to Tenn.

I would take S.Jones-CB, Washington at 12.

Then I would hope and pray that Ramczyk, Cunningham, Harris, or McKinley were there early in Rd. 2.   

On 2/2/2017 at 4:40 PM, thadude said:

If we draft defense at 6 I want an edge rusher

5 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Not happening unless Garrett falls to us. We don't need anymore DE's period. We need skill position playmakers. Period.

7 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

If Garrett is gone, there's no edge rusher worth the 6th pick.  Drafting like that gets you Bryan Thomas instead of Ed Reed.

Hooker is FANTASTIC.

I think the jets might try to trade out, but if there are no takers to come up they will have to stick and pick and although I hate to say it, as much as I really want then to take a "foundation" type position, QB, LT, edge rusher, if they get an impact type difference maker that is what really counts

this team is such a mess they will need 3 drafts to fix it, so what really counts is getting a stud to start things off

I could live with Garrett, Hooker, fournette but please god not Allen, lol

Just now, Larz said:

I think the jets might try to trade out, but if there are no takers to come up they will have to stick and pick and although I hate to say it, as much as I really want then to take a "foundation" type position, QB, LT, edge rusher, if they get an impact type difference maker that is what really counts

this team is such a mess they will need 3 drafts to fix it, so what really counts is getting a stud to start things off

I could live with Garrett, Hooker, fournette but please god not Allen, lol

Agree.  You have to start getting difference makers.  

Allen would be a terrible pick.  If Mac drafts Allen, he should be fired before the second round begins.

21 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

If Garrett is gone, there's no edge rusher worth the 6th pick.  Drafting like that gets you Bryan Thomas instead of Ed Reed.

Hooker is FANTASTIC.

Or it gets you Calvin Pryor over 3 dozen better players on both offense and defense

On 2/6/2017 at 9:25 PM, Beerfish said:

No matter who we draft the guy has to be a big impact player right away unless we trade down.  If Mac even slightly whiffs at 6 he can place his name amongst our other failed GMs.

Jamal Adams then? Highest floor of anyone possibly after Garrett? Wouldn't be my choice, but he could come in and be a dependable day one starter with the potential to become so much more. 

Archived