mac is goiing to be extended

kmnj

Macc is just doing what became so painfully obvious about a third a way through this season.... it's time to blow the place up.  There's a good chance he is not around by the time we have a winning record again, but Bowles will be LONG GONE.  What's sad is all those people bitching that it wasn't Bowles fault last year, they are going to be apocalyptic now from week to week.

3 hours ago, j4jets said:

For starters, Macc needs to draft better. His current draft history is pretty pathetic, not counting Leo, who fell in his lap. Some even debate that pick. 

Well they shouldn't because now we have to ship Richardson out and Wilkerson played with much to be desired last year. Leo turned out to be more valuable than when he was initially drafted.

12 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

Consider the source, Warfish. Nobody has been more wrong about more football than Bitonti. The guy pretends he's JetNation's Joel Buchsbaum and I've learned that you're better off ignoring his contrarian "I'm smarter than you because I was a 2nd string offensive tackle in High School" posts.

Well, Bitonti is my friend, and I enjoy reading his posts, right or wrong.  We all get stuff wrong from time to time.  He has D-Rob, I have Ramsey, etc.

I think his take here is a bit off, now because I think Macc is the greatest GM who has ever lived, but because I think Bowles is truly bad at the Head Coach role.  

19 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I hear you.  I would love nothing more than for us to tank next year.  My point was that Mcc does not deserve an extension.  IMO, I don't think the guy has a fukkin clue as to how to be a successful GM.

Hopefully he is a good talent evaluator. The rest of the GM array, hopefully he grows into it in time.    

19 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I hear you.  I would love nothing more than for us to tank next year.  My point was that Mcc does not deserve an extension.  IMO, I don't think the guy has a fukkin clue as to how to be a successful GM.

Just curious..What is he lacking to achieve this?

19 hours ago, Pcola said:

But he was a one dimensional player that once Geno got decked, didn't fit in our offense because of Fitz's arm.  Healthy or not, he wasn't doing anything these past years.

Devin wasn't ready at the start of last season so signing Fitz at the last second (which I hated) didn't impact his career much.  Sadly his HC didn't let him on the field all that often once he was ready either.  So much like Hack we didn't get a chance to see him in action.  

Anyone defending Bowles should have his head examined.  Gotta play the untried players once the post season is out of reach.  Some simply rise to the occasion "in game".     

1 minute ago, LIJetsFan said:

Devin wasn't ready at the start of last season so signing Fitz at the last second (which I hated) didn't impact his career much.  Sadly his HC didn't let him on the field all that often once he was ready either.  So much like Hack we didn't get a chance to see him in action.  

Anyone defending Bowles should have his head examined.  Gotta play the untried players once the post season is out of reach.  Some simply rise to the occasion "in game".     

Exactly Hackenberg should have started the last 3 games of the season. 

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Only extension the Jets should be giving Macc is a prosthetic device for his penis the guy is a moron when it comes to football. 

I'd pay to see you and Mcc sit down and talk football. 

The jury is still out on Mac. IMO his biggest mistake was re-signing that turd Fitz. The timing of the signing and the amount was insult to injury. I think he caved to both media and locker room pressure and that is not a good sign.

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Doubt it. 

Don't be so sure. I'm pretty sure I heard Mac say something along the lines of:

"From now on I will approach the GM position from the perspective of what would joewilly12 do here? Meaning I will ask myself before each move, how would joewilly12 handle this situation. And then I will act accordingly."

so I would not be surprised in the least to see Geno backing up Kaepernick as our QBs this year, with Petty and Hack fighting out for the 3rd QB position.

1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

"From now on I will approach the GM position from the perspective of what would joewilly12 do here? Meaning I will ask myself before each move, how would joewilly12 handle this situation. And then I will act accordingly."

so I would not be surprised in the least to see Geno backing up Kaepernick as our QBs this year, with Petty and Hack fighting out for the 3rd QB position.

I fully wholeheartedly agree with the all of the above. 

23 hours ago, Warfish said:

Dear Lord, what exactly have you seen from Bowles that makes him anything more than one of the worst Head Coaches in the NFL right now?

Mac and Bowles equally suck, but we are rebuilding.  So they stay because it took us several tries to just get an OC for this dumpster fire.  We will be fine in 3 years.  It will just take time.  I mean we can't get any worse.....right?

2 hours ago, NoBowles said:

I could not watch a game where Squidward Kaepernick was our QB.  

On 3/3/2017 at 7:42 PM, kmnj said:

mac is burning down the house because he knows it is buying himself another 3 years. He is going to be extended to "finish" the rebuild. Bowles is the interesting part to this. He is a terrible coach but in his defense there is no way he can win with the team that will be on the field next year. I wonder what his thoughts are about having to coach such garbage

Now that I think about it didnt John Idzik burn down the house and was out after just 2 seasons? 

Woody fired him and then gave all that money to Macc. Do you think Woody is going to allow to let Macc spend all that money that Idzik basically got fired for freeing up, only to then blow it up again with the expectation of being able to start over again once all the money is cleared? 

On 3/3/2017 at 2:42 PM, Warfish said:

Dear Lord, what exactly have you seen from Bowles that makes him anything more than one of the worst Head Coaches in the NFL right now?

getting 5 wins out of that roster was a good job. Let's not pretend like a better coach would have gotten more out of this crew

Archived