Opinion on Leonard Fournette after Combine?

Sarge4Tide

Fournette?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. After his combine performance are you more or less excited about the possibility of the Jets drafting Fournette at #6?

• MUCH more excited about the Jets drafting Fournette
    • More excited about the Jets drafting Fournette
    • My opinion is unchanged
    • Less excited about the Jets drafting Fournette
    • MUCH less excited about the Jets drafting Fournette

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

Yeah, he'll never be nearly the receiver that Bo Jackson was.

You make the bold claim that he'll never be Bo Jackson as if that proves your point, somehow and validates all the other stupid things you have to say about the player.

You use nebulous terms like impactful (why the red line, btw?) and therefore really say nothing in the guise of saying something.

You say you'd draft him on your fantasy team, indicating that he's going to fun for a lot of yards and score a lot of td's yet, he's going to be a bust. Yet, you say "not saying he sucks", which makes me thing you're confused.

"Running style is more upright than preferred, but Eric Dickerson did just fine with that syle" Again, you just said nothing.

Simple:  He isn't as great a prospect as you and the draft media are hyping him to be.  It's wishful thinking.  The draft sites and draft gurus do it to get more attention.  We don't need to get a RB at #6 Gast,  so many other more urgent things to tend to.  I doubt highly that he could be viewed as BAP at #6.  Just weeks ago he waas forecast to be 20's, maybe teens. 

Just agree to disagree and end it.  I think you are wrong about him.  You believe the hype.  Fine with me.  I have long agreed with most of your posts thru the years. We can disagree on this one without the insults or incorrect challenges to appropriate use of vocabulary... :)

6 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Drafting a guy with possible HOF talent....I can't argue against it due to any position considering the bust rate of any first round pick.

possible HOF talent?

come on.  Can the hyperbole get any more extreme than that?  

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

it wasn't the extra weight. He just doesn't look like he lives up to all the hype, which is way out of control, IMO.  He'll be a good NFL RB, but he's going to disappoint whichever team drafts him too early. He's no Bo or anything like HOF RBs to whom he is being compared.  

The hyperbole around Fournette is simply ridiculous.  And it's out of control... almost intentionally it seems.

No one is suggesting teams take him with the first or second pick. Some mocks have him going around 10. 

But he is 100% better than Ezekiel. He may not produce as well in year 1 because he won't be running behind the cowboys line. 

Is he bo? No. But there hasn't been another Bo since Bo was Bo. But he can be a multiple pro bowler. When was the last time this team had a player that good on offense?

24 minutes ago, Dcat said:

possible HOF talent?

come on.  Can the hyperbole get any more extreme than that?  

Why is it extreme? Myles Jarrett is possible Hof talent also. 

Whether either stays healthy, plays wth the right team and maximizes their potential is something you can never predict. Every draft pick is a gamble. But some guys like these two check off just about every box. 

9 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

No one is suggesting teams take him with the first or second pick. Some mocks have him going around 10. 

But he is 100% better than Ezekiel. He may not produce as well in year 1 because he won't be running behind the cowboys line. 

Is he bo? No. But there hasn't been another Bo since Bo was Bo. But he can be a multiple pro bowler. When was the last time this team had a player that good on offense?

Disagree on the Elliott comparison. Fournette is less versatile while being more powerful.   I thought Elliott was one of the best backs available in the NFL draft in decades.  When Dallas drafted him, that only enhanced his value due to the stud Oline.  I don't see Fournette in that same stratosphere even if he were drafted by a team with a great Oline.  Considering the Jets Oline is ... well... in need of improvement, let's say, I just don't see the value in taking a RB that high at this point in Jets history.   He'd be a mistake for us at #6.  Way too many people here falling sucker to the overblown hype.   

2 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

And Les MIles is employed by who exactly now ??

Congrats, you have officially made the weakest sauce rebuttal in the history of the internet. The guy won a National Championship FFS. 

He's too good to pass up, they are rebuilding big time... not to be negative but we are probably going to be sub-par for next year or 2. They should pick up a QB in FA, use them as a bridge QB, and rebuild the O-line and focus on our secondary as well which sucks. 

13 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Ironic for someone with Fold for Darnold in their signature. 

True that.  I guess its a matter of opinion where hyperbole is best placed. Notwithstanding my desperate gasp to get a franchise QB in my sig (which I freely admit).  RBs are a dime a dozen and the Fournette hype is just that.  He would be a waste at #6.  He's better as a 1st round pick for some team that is just about a running back awayfrom a deep playoff run.  We are not.  We need to build the Oline, secondary, WR(now that BMarsh is gone, Decker may not be ready for the season, the other Marshall being suspended for the first 4 games), and edge rusher (for the millionth year in a row) .  We are almost back to the Idzik WR situation.

20 hours ago, Jet9 said:

Congrats, you have officially made the weakest sauce rebuttal in the history of the internet. The guy won a National Championship FFS. 

I'm a huge LSU fan, sure the guy won a National Championship - but trust me if he was coach of the Jets we'd all want him fired mid season.

The guy had Jarvis Landry , Odell Beckham, Zach Mettenberger and couldn't even beat Bama . He would run the ball 99% of the time if he had his choice. 

9 hours ago, Dcat said:

True that.  I guess its a matter of opinion where hyperbole is best placed. Notwithstanding my desperate gasp to get a franchise QB in my sig (which I freely admit).  RBs are a dime a dozen and the Fournette hype is just that.  He would be a waste at #6.  He's better as a 1st round pick for some team that is just about a running back awayfrom a deep playoff run.  We are not.  We need to build the Oline, secondary, WR(now that BMarsh is gone, Decker may not be ready for the season, the other Marshall being suspended for the first 4 games), and edge rusher (for the millionth year in a row) .  We are almost back to the Idzik WR situation.

If we go with a young QB , what's the best thing to give him - a RB who can carry the offense and that is what Fournette can do. 

23 hours ago, Dcat said:

I disagree on Fournette. First, a majority of people in the know say there is not one Olineman worthy of the sixth pick. A WR touches the ball 6 to maybe 10 times a game, scouts are saying this is the DEEPEST draft in years for Corners & Safeties. We have 3 picks, maybe 4 if we get a 3rd for Sheldon in a trade. Those are the picks to fix the secondary and grab an Olineman & maybe a TE. This is the 1st year of a true rebuild. All the dead money comes off in 2018, Fitz 5 mill, Revis 6 mill, Forte 6 mill, 17 million for some stud free agents in 2018. We have enough speed & depth now at WR with Decker & the youngsters, Enunwa, Anderson, Peake, Smith (who I haven't given up on). Build a running game to protect our QB, shorten games, and play some physical football on both sides of the ball. If Fournette is BPA at 6 you hand your card in knowing you have possibly 4 more picks in the next 101.

On 3/4/2017 at 4:17 AM, BurnleyJet said:

That's why I want him, if he's half what Bo was I'm all in. I want this kid. He's a Bulldozier with long speed. It will be funny in camp watching him run over Darron Lee, if we draft him.

**** Bo Jackson, that overrated ****er.  You want to spend #6 overall on a guy that never had a thousand yard season?  Made one pro bowl?  Had a worse career than Johnny Johnson?  I don't think he was ever even the best player on his team and for most of his career he wasn't even the best running back.  

They had one winning season once during his career, in 1990.  They went 12-4.  He only played in 10 games.  They lost 3 of them and 5-1 without him,  He played in one playoff game and shockingly got hurt.  He never played again and they were destroyed by the Bills the following week.  

Give me Adrian Murrell in the 5th.  He had a way better career.  I don't really give a **** about holding MNF records.

On 3/3/2017 at 10:51 PM, prime21 said:

Beast Mode

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

If he is there at 6 the Jets better take him. I know there are other needs on defense, but CB's and safeties can be found in second through fourth rounds. No dynamic RB are available after round one unless the Jets take Joe Mixon in round two which I highly doubt. 

On 3/6/2017 at 7:18 PM, Matt39 said:

This is a sh*t RB class after looking at the combine stuff. I wouldnt touch Fournette or Cook till at least day 2. Mccafrey helped himself though...he should be RB 1 of the class.

If the Jets are dead set on adding a RB, I've been ringing the Kamara bell in the 2nd round for a while.  I like that value over Fournette and Cook, all day long.  

40 minutes ago, JiF said:

If the Jets are dead set on adding a RB, I've been ringing the Kamara bell in the 2nd round for a while.  I like that value over Fournette and Cook, all day long.  

I just started jumping on that . I was on the Foreman bandwagon, but I'm all in on kamara now .

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

**** Bo Jackson, that overrated ****er.  You want to spend #6 overall on a guy that never had a thousand yard season?  Made one pro bowl?  Had a worse career than Johnny Johnson?  I don't think he was ever even the best player on his team and for most of his career he wasn't even the best running back.  

They had one winning season once during his career, in 1990.  They went 12-4.  He only played in 10 games.  They lost 3 of them and 5-1 without him,  He played in one playoff game and shockingly got hurt.  He never played again and they were destroyed by the Bills the following week.  

Give me Adrian Murrell in the 5th.  He had a way better career.  I don't really give a **** about holding MNF records.

Alrighty then. Bo had the hip pointer which finished him, Leonard Fournette is going to be a beast in this League, id take him in a minute.

Archived