Brandon Marshall signs two year deal with the Giants

Matt39

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Yes.

Evidence?  Do mature guys play GM all off-season?  Fall in love with whatever QB they have?  Argue with their handpicked QB on the sidelines?  Get in fights with defensive tackles? Taunt the team by giving speeches while not performing themselves?  Enunwa said his message wasn't coming across right.  Bowles called him volatile. The fact he can wear a suit on Showtime does not equate with mature in my book.  This is the same sh*t we saw at his other stops.

14 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Great?

I know that it sounds crazy, but cameras actually existed prior to 1969.  

Maturity?  

Brandon Marshall as 3rd WR?  Has he ever accepted that role or does he whine about not getting enough targets while missing more than half of them?  3rd WR?  While he is making approximately three times what the others make combined?  Throw Roger Lewis' entitled ass in there and this should be fun. 

obviously not in 2016 but he sure was in 2015.  I have never seen a WR have a better year in a Jet uniform.

7 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

You are 100% correct!!!

Only some of us believe that BM was the problem on the field last year. Is only sin was lobbying for Fitz, so what?  ]

That was far from his only sin.  

You can start with his league high drops.  His sub-50% catch rate.  His complete quitting on Petty.  Those are on the field. Off the field?  'nuff said.

9 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

This is the same sh*t we saw at his other stops.

I don't agree.  BM is a great asset now.  Probably why we tried to extend him this year but this joke of an owner/GM/coach combination messed up too much last year.  Seems like they made decisions based on fan polls.  BM wanted out and I don't blame him.

We're stuck with Woody.  But if Macc and Bowles don't make major improvements this year, I'm looking forward to seeing them lose their jobs.

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

That was far from his only sin.  

You can start with his league high drops.  His sub-50% catch rate.  His complete quitting on Petty.  Those are on the field. Off the field?  'nuff said.

Marshall is one of the best WR's in the NFL and was our mvp in2015.

Relax with the self-delusion 

10 minutes ago, thadude said:

Stay the course to what? 4-12 and we miss out on Darnold because 2-3 teams had worse records than us?

Stay the course of rebuilding, I'll wait and see how this offseason plays out but I like the fact that we're trying to get younger and build through the draft instead of signing these 1-2 year band aids with hopes of going 9-7 and sneaking into a Wild Card spot just to revert back to 4-12 the next year.  If we want to build a SUSTAINABLE winner we'll have to accept the fact that years of bad drafting and shortsightedness have finally caught up with us and it's probably gonna get worse before it gets better.  

13 minutes ago, thadude said:

Stay the course to what? 4-12 and we miss out on Darnold because 2-3 teams had worse records than us?

Depends who picks ahead of us. If it's teams that draft sign or trade for a qb this year I.e. The bears and Niners probably and maybe the Browns chances are they won't take a qb the following year too 

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I don't agree.  BM is a great asset now.  Probably why we tried to extend him this year but this joke of an owner/GM/coach combination messed up too much last year.  Seems like they made decision based on fan polls.

LOL

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

no it's not b/c we have not shot in the AFC east.  I'd rather any AFC east team than him helping the Giants win.

Meh

Don't care about the Giants one way or the other any more then I care about the Boy's, Skin's, or Eagles.  Jets don't play them very often.  Why should I care?

49 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

The GIANTS are by far a better organization and its all on management.  4 SB's, 5 SB appearances since 86.   Yet we still have a few self appointed know it alls that say the Giants are just Lucky.

the 2007/2011 Giants and the 2009/2010 jets were very similar.  the Giants got more breaks and took advantage. they did not have the 1986 and 1990 Giants.  since 1991 the organizations have been very similar but the Giants have had the luxury of playing in a much weaker division w/ no Pats to worry about. you can ignore that reality all you want and pretend the Giants have been the dynasty pats but it's just not true.  the 1980s-early 90s Giants were a great organization top to bottom, 2 GREAT teams that won SBs.  they weren't fluky runs where everything broke perfectly and they got hot at the right time.  Brandon is not guaranteed anything over there other than ownership that doesn't make decisions based on fan feedback.

2 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Meh

Don't care about the Giants one way or the other any more then I care about the Boy's, Skin's, or Eagles.  Jets don't play them very often.  Why should I care?

we share the NYC area and a stadium w/ them, they have always treated the Jets like crap.  

23 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Great?

I know that it sounds crazy, but cameras actually existed prior to 1969.  

Maturity?  

Brandon Marshall as 3rd WR?  Has he ever accepted that role or does he whine about not getting enough targets while missing more than half of them?  3rd WR?  While he is making approximately three times what the others make combined?  Throw Roger Lewis' entitled ass in there and this should be fun. 

He never accepted that role because he never had too..he was too good to be a 3rd wr..he's at the point know where he just wants to win.

Why is he getting blamed for everything last year in the locker room ? He got into it with a player who said "fukk this game let's fukk hoes" and it's Marshall who's in the wrong? Ever think maybe Sheldon was the malcontent and that's why Marshall went at him?

8 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

the 2007/2011 Giants and the 2009/2010 jets were very similar.  the Giants got more breaks and took advantage. they did not have the 1986 and 1990 Giants.  since 1991 the organizations have been very similar but the Giants have had the luxury of playing in a much weaker division w/ no Pats to worry about. you can ignore that reality all you want and pretend the Giants have been the dynasty pats but it's just not true.  the 1980s-early 90s Giants were a great organization top to bottom, 2 GREAT teams that won SBs.  they weren't fluky runs where everything broke perfectly and they got hot at the right time.  Brandon is not guaranteed anything over there other than ownership that doesn't make decisions based on fan feedback.

The NFL now is all about "luck" all these teams are so evenly matched because of the hardcap that a lot  of times the best team doesn't win it the hottest team does..Can't knock the Giants for that.

no they weren't as good as the 90's teams..but a hardcap kinda prevents greatness.

The only teams that are consistently dominate are the ones with all time great qbs. The Pats with Brady and Peyton Manning in his prime..without one u have a very short window to win in today's NFL. The fact the Giants win 2 without one is pretty impressive.

12 minutes ago, AdrianMurrel said:

He never accepted that role because he never had too..he was too good to be a 3rd wr..he's at the point know where he just wants to win.

Why is he getting blamed for everything last year in the locker room ? He got into it with a player who said "fukk this game let's fukk hoes" and it's Marshall who's in the wrong? Ever think maybe Sheldon was the malcontent and that's why Marshall went at him?

He go into it because he is a big mouth.  Sheldon isn't the only or first guy to get into it with him.  Marshall didn't go at him.  He gave a speech to the team on a day where the defense gave up 10 points and the offense gave up 14 and he caught 3 of 10 passes thrown his way.  That is the definition of bad form.  Brandon Marshall has literally done nothing to earn any good will when questioning what goes on behind the scenes.  

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Oops, I forgot. 

I really don't think he is that good.  He is a volume WR and will probably freak out when Shepherd and Beckham are getting more targets.  He may end up with a Roger Lewis like catch percentage.  The enemy within.  

He'll have way more targets than Shappard.  For the first time in his career, Marshall's about to be single-covered on a regular basis.  He's going to crush it in that offense.

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Good for him.  He will thrive there. I am a Brandon Marshall fan so I wish him the best.  Hope he makes the playoffs.  Eli is salivating.  OBJ and Shep are smallish WRs.  The addition of Marshall gives Manning that big endzone target that he has been missing for quite some time.  If the Giants add a RB and LT, they will be superbowl bound.

We should be drooling with envy.  They got it right.  We never do.  

Well at least he didn't wind up with the Cheats.  That would have made me sick to my stomach.

1 hour ago, thadude said:

Marshall is one of the best WR's in the NFL and was our mvp in2015.

Relax with the self-delusion 

the Marshall hate around these parts is patently absurd.  If the Giants add a solid RB and left tackle, they are superbowl bound (barring injuries to Eli).  Marshall has the size that OBJ and Shepard don't.  This is now the best WR trio in the NFL. 

Any Jets fan who is not envious of that situation is either stupid or dishonest.  I wish we kept Marshall, but he didn't want to be here anymore and I don't blame him one bit for that.  Woody, Mac and Bowles have turned Florham park into a tragic destination.  In many ways worse than the clown show that was Rex.  All we did was substitute one horrible situation for a new horrible situation.

Way to go Jets.  And thanks again Jets for not raising my ticket prices in a year where most college teams could beat you.  :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

I love jet fans bashing the giants-one is a real team that wins rings and one sucks something awful

bmarsh was a great player for us year one that gave his heart and soul to the team-last year I dont blame him for his disgust and being unhappy with guys not showing up to meetings

^This.  Nicely stated.  

Can't believe that some people here don't realize just who the negative forces are in the Jets' locker room.  It wasn't Marshall.  It was Wilk and Richardson, along with a completely disinterested Revis.  Both of them have dogsh!t attitudes, and that goes way beyond missing meetings.  There is so much more not disclosed  And Mehta alluded to it mid season, if you recall but didn't provide specifics (probably because no one in Florham Park would ever speak to him again).  Put it this way... Bowles has no control over the locker room and there is no player leadership there.  Players attempting to demonstrate leadership are actually thwarted by a-holes like Richardson.   And Marshall didnt like it.  Marshall was right.

2 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Happy for him.  It was the expected move and makes sense.

With that said, it sucks.  

FU Fitz.  And screw Macc for re-signing him, and Bowles for being the idiot who continued to play him.  

We finally had a #1 WR (at a decent price no less) and we screw it up.

Yup.  It's sad.  And all the blame goes to Mac and Bowles.  Mainly Bowles for having no leadership skills whatsoever and letting his clubhouse be dictated by a few a-holes on the defensive side of the ball.

2 hours ago, Happy Clouds said:

Good move for the Giants. Since 0BJ  receives a lot of double teams, Marshall should see a lot of single coverage. He should do well there.

This is pretty much what I think. Marshall will thrive when OBJ receives too much attention. But I don't think he will remain healthy. We shall see. 

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Remember when Ben McAdoo threw Eli under the bus and blamed all their offensive woes on him?

It's going to be so juicy when the Head Coach and his 2 psychopath WR's decide to turn on the 2 time SB MVP mid season.  The fireworks are going to be amazing.  I see it this way, Brandon holds back OBJ in week 2.  Brandon tells the media everything is gravy, OBJ just wants to win and it was his passion that got the best of him.  Fast forward a few weeks later in game they're getting throttled by the Cowbosy and Marshall didnt get any targets.  OBJ plays the part of Matador and lets Brandon fly right by him in route to taking off Eli's head.

After it's all said and done, Eli will be like:

Nice story bro!

Almost as good as Grimm's fairy tales. 

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

You watch how good Marshall is next year. He will be a beast helping the Giants yet again compete for a SB!!

All those knocking Eli Manning will see what happens when a good QB knows he can throw to a WR and he will make you look good!!

Makes me sick!! :(  

Great Great signing by the Giants 

100% correctamundo.  

53 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

He go into it because he is a big mouth.  Sheldon isn't the only or first guy to get into it with him.  Marshall didn't go at him.  He gave a speech to the team on a day where the defense gave up 10 points and the offense gave up 14 and he caught 3 of 10 passes thrown his way.  That is the definition of bad form.  Brandon Marshall has literally done nothing to earn any good will when questioning what goes on behind the scenes.  

Sorry I'm not blindly  taking the side of a guy who besides that snapchat went 150 mph with a gun in a car while a kid was in it.

i get it  you dislike Marshall for whatever reason  but to blame him for all the lockeroom stuff is ignorant.

If you think him leaving is gonna magically solve our locker room problems well good luck with that.

Archived