Report: Jets, Maccagnan Chasing Daniel

JetNation

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, AFJF said:

Exactly.  Cutler likely wins enough games to put you out of the running for a top QB in the draft.

If Daniel is good, you have you're QB.

If not, you draft one next year.

Minus the if Daniel is good nonsense this is 100% spot on. Yes 

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

But on the other hand, a made XP and a ST tackle and we would have 7 wins.

Too bad we didn't win 7 games...we could have been the least talented 7 win team in the history of the league.  

40 minutes ago, thadude said:

This offseason is a hot mess.  Mac  and Bowles are both gone next January hopefully Trump can give Woody a bunch of tasks as ambassador and he gets overwhelmed and sells the Jets and we move on from this dark period

Now THAT is one hell of a way to go. I'm all in on that. Woody is a nightmare owner. Guy has never run an organization and has no idea what it means to do so.Organizational lLeadership is a total joke at the FloP.

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

How many guys has he REPORTEDLY "chased", i.e. allowed to visit,  this offseason?  Macc doesn't seem to want these nobodies

FYP.  You're welcome.

Saying no to the Daniels's and McCowns of the NFL is no sin my friend.

Hack + Petty + Draft Pick.  Repeat it with me.

Seriously, would you be all like "WHOOOOO!" if we signed.....Chase Daniels?

14 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Parcells theorem.

It's all the same, a 2 win team and a 7 win team both suck, neither makes the playoffs.  But one could argue that a 2 win team has a better chance to find a franchise QB than a 7 win team.  Example: Mariota, Winston, Luck going to terrible teams, the Jets winning just enough games to continue the "suck" season after season.

And regardless of if we sign Daniel or not, our QBs collectively won one game last year.  An OT game in which we were getting blown out by the second worst team in the league.

Just now, Pcola said:

It's all the same, a 2 win team and a 7 win team both suck, neither makes the playoffs.  But one could argue that a 2 win team has a better chance to find a franchise QB than a 7 win team.  Example: Mariota, Winston, Luck going to terrible teams, the Jets winning just enough games to continue the "suck" season after season.

And regardless of if we sign Daniel or not, our QBs collectively won one game last year.  An OT game in which we were getting blown out by the second worst team in the league.

Mariota and Winston haven't really proven themselves yet. Winston moreso than Mariota but neither have reached the postseason.

Of course less wins can make it easier to find a franchise QB. That's not my point.

I think people are undervaluing the young potential talent the Jets have. Will that translate to wins? Probably not, unless one of the young QBs continue to develop. But I see the young talent that could be developing.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Mariota and Winston haven't really proven themselves yet. Winston moreso than Mariota but neither have reached the postseason.

Of course less wins can make it easier to find a franchise QB. That's not my point.

I think people are undervaluing the young potential talent the Jets have. Will that translate to wins? Probably not, unless one of the young QBs continue to develop. But I see the young talent that could be developing.

Id take Mariota or Winston in a NY minute..........

In two seasons, both QBs brought the teams from 2 wins to challenging for the playoffs.  Arguably, Mariota was one of the best players in the league in Nov/Dec, and had he not have broken his leg, they would have clinched their division.

Mariota>>>>>>>>>Every Jet QB except 1967-69 Joe Namath.

Just now, Pcola said:

In two seasons, both QBs brought the teams from 2 wins to challenging for the playoffs.  Arguably, Mariota was one of the best players in the league in Nov/Dec, and had he not have broken his leg, they would have clinched their division.

Mariota>>>>>>>>>Every Jet QB except 1967-69 Joe Namath.

That's the problem. He's injury prone

That's the problem. He's injury prone

Hahahaha.  Right, he missed one game with a broken leg.  

Only Jets fans can judge other teams franchise QBs while we are rummaging through the other team's trash for our franchise savior.  Good times.

Just now, Pcola said:

Hahahaha.  Right, he missed one game with a broken leg.  

Only Jets fans can judge other teams franchise QBs while we are rummaging through the other team's trash for our franchise savior.  Good times.

Amazing isn't it that Jets fans think this way about other teams franchise QB's when we havent sniffed a franchise QB in many years.

imo people are making a huge issue about having this qb or that qb to press hack or petty, etc. sure it would be good if they could sign a good qb or even if anyone had faith in hack.  at this point it looks like mac and bowles are comfortable with going into training with either hack or petty penciled in.  they'll probably add another qb to press hack/petty during the ota's. could be through the draft or udfa or even free agent. and that's okay.  hack works out and everyone should be happy.  hack doesn't work out then mac's job could be in jeopardy as the jets suffer through another season without a decent qb. 

it's not like either hack or petty haven't gone through qb trials before.  they've been doing this since they were 10 years old. 

3 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Exactly. Daniel can come in and compete for the job with Hack and Petty. If any of them emerges as the clear-cut starter, then the Jets have a QB to build around.

If none of them do, the Jets will have a very high draft pick next year.

Of all the veteran options, Daniel makes the most sense. 

No competition. Another way to be completely mediocre

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Amazing isn't it that Jets fans think this way about other teams franchise QB's when we havent sniffed a franchise QB in many years.

We are the uniquely qualified to recognize fatal flaws in QBs. Well us and Bears fans.

But really, having a FQB and being able to tell if a guy is of that caliber have nothing to do with one another.

Think of it this way. You will never be able to date a Victoria Secret model, you probably are going to max out with like 5s and 6s.  But you can still recognize a 10 right? Same thing.

17 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

In this case sign me. I don't mind going out there and being total sh*t for the minimum salary

I'll go one better. Give me the vet min and I'll run through the back of the endzone for a safety on every single play. Not that I have the ability to do anything else....

Whatever it takes to guarantee the pick of the FQB litter.

Chase Daniel is the best fit for this team. Easily.

He is a vet, who seems to be well liked by his coaches and considered a very smart player and good leader. This is exactly the guy you bring in when you are in a rebuild and you have a QB prospect who is still very young and not ready. If he comes in and wins the job (likely) and plays well, you just bought yourself some time where you can build up all the other numerous holes on the roster without having to panic reach for a QB as he is only 30. If Daniel stinks, you get to see what you have in Petty (again) and Hack, while Daniel at least can be a good veteran tutor  and mentor for them. 

I don't understand the hate for this move. 

Archived