Stats that matter: Cook 2nd fastest RB in pads in the last 5 years

Pointdexter

ESPN sports science reveals what many of us already knew... Cook is a special and unique talent. No RB faster in pads. And Cook has the exact same 20 yard split as John Ross, where it counts, on the field and in pads. To further emphasize why that's a big deal, compare their body types. Cook at a compact, stout 210 is crazy fast. As I've been saying all along, a top 5 overall talent in this draft.

http://floridastate.247sports.com/Bolt/Florida-States-Dalvin-Cook-is-freakishly-fast-on-Sports-Science-52328625

16 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

Speed isn't everything. Besides, what's his 10-yard split? That's far more important in the long-run.

He's actually considered the slipperiest RB in the draft too. His short area moves are special & that's what you really need to survive in the NFL & excel. Unfortunately we need WAY TOO MANY positions to be picking a RB @ 6. 

I mean we might pick Joe Mixon in the 3rd. We can't compete without solidifying our secondary & get an edge rusher. Were we the worst 3rd down defense in the NFL last year? Because it felt like it. Young QBs need reps & the best way to develop them is keeping games close so they can have some success in the 4th quarter & strengthen their confidence. 

Playing every game trying to come back from double digit deficits is a recipe for disaster.

Speed is not what matters in 20-30 yard increments. It's all about the elusiveness/stop and go ability/3 cone drill. Cook is a HARD pass from me. I really think he's going to struggle in the league and is getting overhyped due to playing big on national TV.

1 hour ago, Mecca said:

Speed is not what matters in 20-30 yard increments. It's all about the elusiveness/stop and go ability/3 cone drill. Cook is a HARD pass from me. I really think he's going to struggle in the league and is getting overhyped due to playing big on national TV.

Cook played big all the time. He rushed for almost 1800 yards in a 13 game season. 

He also showed toughness the year before by playing most of the season with a bad hammy and still rushed for 1700 yards. 

Both cook and fournette are locks to be stud RBS. I don't think a team takes him in top ten but if a team does they won't regret it. 

McCaffrey is also poised to be an elite RB. 

This is a great RB class. 

Doesn't this kid have fumble problems and off the field issues? I would be surprised if he is the second rb drafted instead of third or fourth and if he went in the top 10 I believe the team who drafts him will regret it

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

He's actually considered the slipperiest RB in the draft too. His short area moves are special & that's what you really need to survive in the NFL & excel. Unfortunately we need WAY TOO MANY positions to be picking a RB @ 6. 

I mean we might pick Joe Mixon in the 3rd. We can't compete without solidifying our secondary & get an edge rusher. Were we the worst 3rd down defense in the NFL last year? Because it felt like it. Young QBs need reps & the best way to develop them is keeping games close so they can have some success in the 4th quarter & strengthen their confidence. 

Playing every game trying to come back from double digit deficits is a recipe for disaster.

The Jets need stars on O. They WR Corps is solid to very good right now. The QB position is suspect to terrible. Better to upgrade the run game quickly. I like Powell. He is a solid pro. Fournette and Cook are upgrades over him. Nothin wrong with that. The Jeys do need an edge rusher and S help. It can come in this draft on days two and three.

The. RBselection would rest the D and keep the othersO off of the field. The less opportunities the opposition has to score the better. This Jets team may have enough pick sixes that they play from behind early and often. The RB upgrade will have more impact.

As for Mixon, he could become a NYJ selection. He is an excellent talent. He made a major error and crime by knocking that woman out cold.  That punch was sharp. He may have paid his dues. It is funny how fans will select him for the Jets but Kaepernick who committed no crime and is better than any QB currently on the roste is not a NYJ. 

If some guy was to punch my sister like that he would not be worrying about being drafted

1 hour ago, Mecca said:

Lol, those are his best qualities.

The guy scares me. The talent is not questioned. Just judging from his game tape, I like his game better than Fournette, especially if we are going to run a west coast offense under new OC John Morton. But he just has way too many red flags for me.

I am concerned about his fumbling, off field issues, work ethic and injury history. For these reasons, I want no part of him at 6. Not sure I would even take a shot in him in 2. Start of the season this past year, he was overweight. Add that to his performance in the combine, and I worry about how hard this guy works in the offseason. He also had one of the highest fumbling rates in the NCAA this past season, fumbling once every 64 touches. Add in 3 shoulder surgeries since high school and multiple off field issues, and, despite loving his tape, I would have to pass.

7 hours ago, Jetster said:

Exactly why we need to get a safety and nickel ...and the loss of Henderson really hurt so we need another ILB preferably MIKE.

But back to RB I really rather have Mixon anyway.  He does everything Cook does and I really love Mixon patience. 

Lith nailed it above. From his tape...there is nothing to dislike.  The concerns are primarily the injury red flags and then after that is his off field conduct and questionable drive.
Here is a pretty thorough breakdown on the kid.
https://www.fanragsports.com/nfl/injury-off-field-subpar-athletic-testing-tarnish-dalvin-cooks-stock/

You can't explain away the fumbles no matter how talented he is.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

Oh boy. Now you've done it.

Just presenting facts. NFL is a game of inches. If you lack shiftiness/ability to change gears in your explosion, you're going to struggle in this league. Mixon will be a better pro.

9 hours ago, Jetster said:

Any metrics to measure slippery-mess? Asking for a friend. 

Archived