Draft Rumors

C Mart

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping the rumors that we trade back (like with Cleveland to get their overall #12) works out for us. And then we take the best available player hopefully the Alabama tight end. We got Claiborne to replace Revis and that should be an upgrade at corner. It probably all depends on whether or not Trubisky is drafted in the top fice. I saw him on the Gruden show last night and as Gruden pointed out he only had 13 starts in college. On the other hand he has NFL skills and seems to be a QB who can come in and win games. Last year no matter how many Qbs Cleveland had on their roster they couldn't keep any of them healthy. But their HC knows Qbs. 

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I'm hoping the rumors that we trade back (like with Cleveland to get their overall #12) works out for us. And then we take the best available player hopefully the Alabama tight end. We got Claiborne to replace Revis and that should be an upgrade at corner. It probably all depends on whether or not Trubisky is drafted in the top fice. I saw him on the Gruden show last night and as Gruden pointed out he only had 13 starts in college. On the other hand he has NFL skills and seems to be a QB who can come in and win games. Last year no matter how many Qbs Cleveland had on their roster they couldn't keep any of them healthy. But their HC knows Qbs. 

Can't really count on Claiborne due to his injury history. He's worth the 1 yr flyer tho...IF trade back to 12 happens don't count out OSU CB Conley at 12.  Luckily draft is loaded w/CB, S, TEs and to some degree Edge rushers and RBs. 

Browns trading up to us for Trubisky doesn't make any sense...if they really are interested in this guy they would want to move ahead of us (who also need a qb) even if we called them and asked if they were interested in the guy because we were willing to trade him away to them wouldn't you think they would be worried that we were faking trade interest so that we could scoop him up without them jumping us for him? I can't imagine that if they were truely interested enough to trade up to 6 that for him that they wouldn't pony up the extra 5th rounder or w/e it costs to jump ahead of us. Defiantly wouldn't get my hopes up that we make a trade like that in the draft.

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I see a lot of dudes watched Adams do a SportsCenter spot and got hard ons for a safety. That's cool.

Adams Sportcenter spot has zero influence on Adams status as one of the safer picks in the draft. He's been pegged as one of the best prospects in the draft for a long time. It's not like he's shooting up the draft chart he's already been there. He did show himself as a guy with a good head on his shoulders too and a guy with just enough confidence to not come off as cocky like Garrett doing.

Im happy with any of these guys, Adams, Williams, Howard or Watson/Trubisky if Macc deems either of them as future franchise QBs. I'm also ok with a trade back if possible. I just want a football player, no more of these POTENTIAL guys.

If Macc doesn't take another QB in this draft at some point it tells us 2 things, one he's feeling good about either Petty or Hacks future or two, Woody has assured him he's got some time & he's banking on the QB class of 2018 after a 3/4 win 2017.

17 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Can't really count on Claiborne due to his injury history. He's worth the 1 yr flyer tho...IF trade back to 12 happens don't count out OSU CB Conley at 12.  Luckily draft is loaded w/CB, S, TEs and to some degree Edge rushers and RBs. 

Look drafting corners high is not full proof because of all of the injuries The last time we did it the guy was highly rated and he didn't play much. I'd love to add a good blocking and receiving tight end to our offense. We haven't really had a significant TE in years since Keller. The key is he can block and catch and that combination of talent is hard to find. I'd still like to keep ASJ because of the talent. Anyways considering how poorly Revis played last season Claiborne if on the field is an upgrade. 

15 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look drafting corners high is not full proof because of all of the injuries The last time we did it the guy was highly rated and he didn't play much. I'd love to add a good blocking and receiving tight end to our offense. We haven't really had a significant TE in years since Keller. The key is he can block and catch and that combination of talent is hard to find. I'd still like to keep ASJ because of the talent. Anyways considering how poorly Revis played last season Claiborne if on the field is an upgrade. 

I didn't say they were. I also like Howard.  I'm just saying don't count out Conley as an option at 12. 

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:05 AM, C Mart said:

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet

Workout tidbit: Two weeks ago, #Falcons coach Dan Quinn put Mizzou’s Charles Harris & #KState’s Jordan Willis through a workout side-by-side  

I find this most interesting .

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

I'm having trouble getting excited about either of those players.

When we traded down from 1 to 6 back under Parcells, we gave up Orlando Pace and could have gotten Walter Jones.  But then we traded down again and that was a bridge too far.  I think I'd rather pick at 12 maybe at that point.

If we can trade down a second time to get Ramczyk or Cam Robinson, we'd have a boatload of round 2s and 3s. For CB, Edge, TE, FS.

25 minutes ago, C Mart said:

I didn't say they were. I also like Howard.  I'm just saying don't count out Conley as an option at 12. 

AT 12, I'd take Core Davis or Mike Williams.  With 2.01 and 2.07, I'd shoot for the best Edge rusher on the board at 2.1 (Harris, Watt, etc) and try to get Engram at 2.7.  I;'d use the 3rd rounders for FS and CB.  

The only thing that works for me is Mac trading down in Rd 1 once or even twice.  ANd yes, I remember what Parcells did.  He just picked bad players. Had he picked the gems available at toshe moments it wouold hae been glorious

28 minutes ago, C Mart said:

I'm not saying you don't draft a good corner in the first round. We'll see it's getting interesting. Love to see Mac make a few trade downs. 

On 4/19/2017 at 0:24 PM, C Mart said:

To Cleveland: Make it #52 and 1st pick of 4th round #108 and we have a deal..Signed Mike Maccagnan

Jets would have: #12, #39, #52, #70, #107 & #108

Totally agree. I would take OJ Howard at 12 if available, which I think he will be. Two picks in round two would be CB and S. QB and OL in round three. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I see a lot of dudes watched Adams do a SportsCenter spot and got hard ons for a safety. That's cool.

The very first Strength listed in his nfl.com is "natural-born leader of men," which is so stupid I'm not entirely convinced a JN poster didn't ghostwrite it.

Five teams made their way to Arkansas today for a last-minute workout for three pass catchers. Here are the details.

The Atlanta Falcons, Detroit Lions, New England Patriots, New York Jets and Tennessee Titans were all on hand for today’s workout.

The three players involved included receivers Keon Hatcher and Cody Hollister of Arkansas as well as tight end Jacob Hollister of Wyoming.

Hatcher stood on his 40 time (4.55s) from the combine but posted a vertical jump of 34 inches and a broad jump of 10-feet even.

Jacob Hollister stood on his pro-day numbers from last March, when he timed 4.58s in the 40, 4.34s in the short shuttle and 7.14s in the three-cone after measuring 6032 and 242 pounds.

Cody Hollister measured 6031 and 208 pounds and timed 4.53s in the 40 and 7.02s in the three-cone. He touched 36 inches in the vertical jump and 10-feet even in the broad.

All three players looked good catching the ball from Clint Stoerner, the former Razorback quarterback who went undrafted in 2000 but played three seasons with the Dallas Cowboys, spent time with the Miami Dolphins and then played seven years with assorted teams in NFL Europe and the Arena League.

DA Draft Buzz: Pro Day April 24 | Draft Analyst from Tony Pauline’s Tweet 

Greg Gabriel (@greggabe)

4/25/17, 12:37 PM

If your looking for who SF really wants, look no further than a certain Big RB from Bayou country

Keep being told that some in the Cleveland FO want to use #1 on Trubisky. They feel SF will take him at 2. But SF IS NOT TAKING A QB AT 2!

SF has been playing the QB card to get Cleveland to either take Trubisky at one or trade with them at 2

We expect Davis Webb to be off the board by the middle of round 2.  Teams showing the greatest interest to this point include the New York Jets, New Orleans Saints, Los Angeles Chargers and Arizona Cardinals.   

I’ve mocked Webb to the Buffalo Bills in Round 2 a couple of times now but have been told that while the team has shown interest in the signal caller, it has taken a backseat to the franchises mentioned above.

DA Draft Buzz: Tuesday Notes For Draft Week | Draft Analyst from Tony Pauline’s 

21 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Greg Gabriel (@greggabe)

4/25/17, 12:37 PM

If your looking for who SF really wants, look no further than a certain Big RB from Bayou country

Keep being told that some in the Cleveland FO want to use #1 on Trubisky. They feel SF will take him at 2. But SF IS NOT TAKING A QB AT 2!

SF has been playing the QB card to get Cleveland to either take Trubisky at one or trade with them at 2

Kind of funny for the Browns. Should be fun to watch. 

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

We expect Davis Webb to be off the board by the middle of round 2.  Teams showing the greatest interest to this point include the New York Jets, New Orleans Saints, Los Angeles Chargers and Arizona Cardinals.   

I’ve mocked Webb to the Buffalo Bills in Round 2 a couple of times now but have been told that while the team has shown interest in the signal caller, it has taken a backseat to the franchises mentioned above.

A lot of Rumblings Webb will go late first from a team that trades back into Rd 1 so they get the 5th year option.  Obviously this is all because there are a lot of Rumblings that both Watson, and Trubisky will be off the board by 6, and that moves Mahomes, and Webb up, Kizer apparently not getting love, but these are all just rumors, but usually smoke fire.

So......a wacky Top 6 could be....

Browns - Garrett DE
49ers - Fournette RB
Bears - Allen DL
Jagaurs - Watson QB
Browns (from TN) - Trubisky QB
Jets - picking from M Lattimore, J Adams, M Hooker, OJ Howard, M Williams, or maybe S. Thomas

2 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Browns - Garrett DE
49ers - Fournette RB
Bears - Allen DL
Jagaurs - Watson QB
Jets - picking from M Lattimore, J Adams, M Hooker, OJ Howard, M Williams, or maybe S. Thomas

if that is how it shakes out, i do not see the jets passing on adams.  you take the bap and move on to round 2.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

if that is how it shakes out, i do not see the jets passing on adams.  you take the bap and move on to round 2.

only after you use every ounce of energy, every nanosecond while the clock is ticking to find a trade-down partner.  Plus Mac has to be willing to go below the traditional trade chart value to make it happen;

11 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Browns - Garrett DE
49ers - Fournette RB
Bears - Allen DL
Jagaurs - Watson QB

Give me Adams and run.

Dane Brugler, an NFL reporter was on the radio this moning and he said that he excuse of taking a safety too high is bull because of teh way the game is played today

15 minutes ago, C Mart said:

God no, please.

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

only after you use every ounce of energy, every nanosecond while the clock is ticking to find a trade-down partner.  Plus Mac has to be willing to go below the traditional trade chart value to make it happen;

not sure in this instance.  

Archived