Shefter: Jabril Peppers tested positive for a dilute sample at the combine

C Mart

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter

NFL notified teams that Michigan’s Jabril Peppers tested positive for a dilute sample at the combine, league sources tell ESPN.

According to a CAA spokesman, who works for agency that represents Jabril Peppers:

"Peppers went to the combine. He was sick after flying there from San Diego. He has a history of cramping. Peppers was being pumped with fluids, drinking 8-10 bottles of water before he went to bed, because he was the first guy to work out two days for the LBs and DBs. He had to go through that first day, come back on second day, and that was the fear. So Peppers was pounding water and under the weather. He never failed a drug test in his life, nor tested positive before for any substance."

10 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

He now joins Rueben Foster with a huge ? because of a diluted sample.

Trade back to 12 with Cleveland pick Mahomes at 12, Foster at 33, and Peppers at 39.

i said basically this same thing in the other "Peppers in round 2" thread.. ha. just said Peppers at 33

If it wasn't a diluted positive, who cares? They give is that crap all the time...Um, it's Florida. We're drinking at least a gallon of water a day on shift.

Even if it's diluted, they can still get a positive if it's there. This kind of reporting is crap.Hurts a kid over nothing.

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

If it wasn't a diluted positive, who cares? They give is that crap all the time...Um, it's Florida. We're drinking at least a gallon of water a day on shift.

Even if it's diluted, they can still get a positive if it's there. This kind of reporting is crap.Hurts a kid over nothing.

Exactly. This is literally something out of nothing. 

29 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

He now joins Rueben Foster with a huge ? because of a diluted sample.

Trade back to 12 with Cleveland pick Mahomes at 12, Foster at 33, and Peppers at 39.

I dont particularly love any of the prospects you mentioned on their own, but if the chips fell and we ended up with Mahomes, Peppers and Foster - that is a haul that would be as boom or bust as anyone has ever seen. Count me in for that group if it can happen

3 minutes ago, BCJet said:

I dont particularly love any of the prospects you mentioned on their own, but if the chips fell and we ended up with Mahomes, Peppers and Foster - that is a haul that would be as boom or bust as anyone has ever seen. Count me in for that group if it can happen

This organization is too scared to make big moves like that. We are likely taking a CB in the first, Safety in the second and will eventually draft CJ Beathard because someone in our organization once interned for Bobby Beathard and owed him a favor. 

55 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

i'm thinking the same thing. diluted sample? like you said, some people drink a lot of water.  it could be the reason for his cramps.  if the sample was dilute then so were the electrolytes in his body.  those help relieve cramps.

all the drug test stuff aside this player doesn't have a natural position in the NFL and if he did, it's probably Calvin Pryor's.

So this would be a sideways pick for the Jets at best. 

And by the way Rueben Foster was ejected from the combine for being a douche bag and he's a MLB. Again all drug stuff aside it's not a premium position.

These guys as high first rounders was always speculative. 

Archived