Suck for Sam......OR who else

CanadaSteve

13 hours ago, flgreen said:

I don't think Rosen is a head case, i also don't think he's particularly politically involved.  Mostly I think he's entitled (from a rich family) and very immature.  He's been in trouble for a few minor, but childish incidents.  One was he and some other guys rearranged someone's lawn furniture to look like a penis I believe, and another one was he went on twitter with a picture of a co-ed, and himself in a hot tub in his dorm room.

No big deal, silly kid stuff. 

Sounds like the pictorial equivalent of what a few of our posters engage in routinely on this site. He should fit right in.

8 hours ago, Powpow said:

I wouldn't count on it. The other teams that picked ahead of us have improved and were nowhere as bad as we were. Bears have dramatically improved with Glennon. Browns have added some nice young talent and are maturing nicely. Osweiler isn't a total loser and will play with a chip on his shoulder. The Rams have a very good defense. A tad of offense will go a long way. Goff will play better with a year under his belt and under a new coach.  Jags have a new head coach who is no nonsense.  He was killin it in Buffalo.  Jags will play 500 or better. The Niners well the Niners and Jets really suck and will fight it out for the top pick. But Cousins will be going to SF. No doubt. SF didn't draft one of the top QB 's when they easily could have. Hmmmmmm. Oh and The Jets.....An over the hill QB, A rookie, a 2nd year rookie, a lousy OL, a lousy DL that cant sac a QB, cb's who are inexperienced and injury prone, LB's that cant cover a pot, special teams that graduated from special education, a running game lacking a power bac, a breakaway back and a back long, long in the tooth. Wr's who are pups.  Safties that haven't played a down in the NFL. A rookie TE that is 'lazy' and doesn't like to block. Have I missed anything? Oh yea, a lousy coach who's just terrible at his job.  Party next draft. I'll bring the guacamole.

You are gonna be disappointed when the Jets shock everyone & start 4-1,lol.

20 hours ago, section314 said:

Both played first game we beat them, no? And at their place.

Nobody on our roster is capable of duplicating what Fitz did that day.  It was one of the most impressive games for a Jet QB in almost ten years, and we barely beat them.

21 hours ago, jbt said:

possible we miss out on all.  Bills and Cleveland have 2 1st round picks and the 49ers will be worse than us and possibly the bears, rams and jags

we need to have 2-4 wins to get 1st or 2nd pick and you know we will probably not do that

But the Bills, Cleveland, SF, Chi, and Jags have a better QB than we have.

Bills, SF, & Jags all upgraded their HC.

The only way we win too many games this year is to have zero injuries and Petty becomes a top 20 QB.

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Cleveland got their franchise QB this year. They won't need to draft another one. 

Who ever ends up with the #1 pick is taking Darnold.  Teams don't pass up an Andrew Luck type of star potential.

Darnold doesn't play in a gimmicky offense and wil have more experience than the guys from this draft or last.

I believe 2018 is year of the qb.  6 of these guys go in the first round, 10 in the top 3 rounds.  If Hackenberg doesnt look good, we should get one of the top few guys, which are all better prospects than the guys this year.  Hell, Id think about taking two of them in the top 4 rounds.  You can never take enough qbs.

Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Falk, Rudolph, Jackson, Rypien, Stidham, Browning, Litton, Fitzgerald, Ferguson.

23 hours ago, jbt said:

possible we miss out on all.  Bills and Cleveland have 2 1st round picks and the 49ers will be worse than us and possibly the bears, rams and jags

we need to have 2-4 wins to get 1st or 2nd pick and you know we will probably not do that

These guys if they are still rated as high as they are this time next year are not the kind of guys teams trade away...the colts might draft Sam or Rosen and trade Luck if they wound up with the first or second pick...

22 hours ago, JiF said:

And apparently Sam is an underwhelming athlete who maybe will crack 50 mph. 

Going to be so fun when he's a project 2nd round pick this time next year. 

The real suck for is Jacob Eason.  I cant think of anything catchy for him though.   He's basically Matthew Stafford but bigger and more athletic. 

Tank the season for Eason :D

22 hours ago, JiF said:

And apparently Sam is an underwhelming athlete who maybe will crack 50 mph. 

Going to be so fun when he's a project 2nd round pick this time next year. 

The real suck for is Jacob Eason.  I cant think of anything catchy for him though.   He's basically Matthew Stafford but bigger and more athletic. 

Tank the season for Eason :D

On 5/5/2017 at 11:36 AM, CanadaSteve said:

Just to give the board some different flavor.  We all know the suck for Sam campaign, but there are other QB's.  IF not Sam, and given we need to see another year of development from all these QB's, who else are you watching and thinking could be a solid 'Plan B' if Darnold does not fall to us:

Josh Rosen UCLA

Josh Allen WYOMING

Mason Rudolph OKLAHOMA STATE

Luke Falk WASHINGTON STATE

hqdefault.jpg

:rolleyes:

Darnold's ability to throw downfield with accuracy, combined with his pocket presence should solidify him as the clear #1 and he will likely grade out near Luck.

To the poster that compared Josh Allen to Hackenberg - that couldnt be more off base.  Allen was smart to return to school as he does need to improve his accuracy, but similarly to Darnold he has a quick release coupled with elite arm strength.  He plays in a somehwat pro-style offense, takes snaps from center and apparently plays with a chip on his shoulder after being under recruited (he gained 40 lbs very quickly to get to 235).  I would be very happy with Allen if we miss on Darnold.

Rosen isnt a bad guy off the field, but I think the issue is more leadership/likability as he is from a very wealthy family and might have trouble getting guys to follow him.  Elite physical skills though.

No clue about the rest of the field although I like Jake Bronwing, just not sure he has the arm for NFL.  Baker Mayfield definitely does not.

Jacob Eason is a true sophomore I believe -- he won't be eligible for next years draft.

Josh Rosen makes me nervous. Guy seems like an oft-injured immature headcase. Could see him being a Jay Cutler type.

Darnold is going to be a star. If he fades for whatever reason and we have any chance to draft him we should.

Lamar Miller and Baker Mayfield aren't NFL QBs, IMO.

Haven't seen Josh Allen play.

17 hours ago, BCJet said:

Darnold's ability to throw downfield with accuracy, combined with his pocket presence should solidify him as the clear #1 and he will likely grade out near Luck.

To the poster that compared Josh Allen to Hackenberg - that couldnt be more off base.  Allen was smart to return to school as he does need to improve his accuracy, but similarly to Darnold he has a quick release coupled with elite arm strength.  He plays in a somehwat pro-style offense, takes snaps from center and apparently plays with a chip on his shoulder after being under recruited (he gained 40 lbs very quickly to get to 235).  I would be very happy with Allen if we miss on Darnold.

Rosen isnt a bad guy off the field, but I think the issue is more leadership/likability as he is from a very wealthy family and might have trouble getting guys to follow him.  Elite physical skills though.

No clue about the rest of the field although I like Jake Bronwing, just not sure he has the arm for NFL.  Baker Mayfield definitely does not.

I think when you watch Browning against USC/UCLA it was clear he wasn't in the same class.

Agree with your assessment of Allen.  His HC was Carson Wntz's HC at ND St.  So there will probably be some comparisons there but Allen is bigger, has a stronger arm, and is very mobile.

51 minutes ago, Pcola said:

I think when you watch Browning against USC/UCLA it was clear he wasn't in the same class.

Agree with your assessment of Allen.  His HC was Carson Wntz's HC at ND St.  So there will probably be some comparisons there but Allen is bigger, has a stronger arm, and is very mobile.

Granted its just one throw, (and for 95% of QBs alive it was ill advised at best) but if you watch Allen vs Boise State on Draftbreakdown.com, he throws a ball on the ru, about 40 yards downfield across his body that was a thing of beauty.  If he improves his mechanics and accuracy which I think he will as he worked with George Whitfield this offseason, he will be a very strong prospect.

Where the info about Darnold being around 50mph?  He shows more arm strength than that on film, doesnt seem like good info to me?

If Allen's game continue to progress, he is going #1 next year. Physically, the guy is just about a perfect prospect at the QB position. The comparison to Hackenberg could not be more off base. Allen just needs to get his reps in. A lot of the mistakes he makes appear to be a result of just not having played much yet. 

40 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Granted its just one throw, (and for 95% of QBs alive it was ill advised at best) but if you watch Allen vs Boise State on Draftbreakdown.com, he throws a ball on the ru, about 40 yards downfield across his body that was a thing of beauty.  If he improves his mechanics and accuracy which I think he will as he worked with George Whitfield this offseason, he will be a very strong prospect.

Where the info about Darnold being around 50mph?  He shows more arm strength than that on film, doesnt seem like good info to me?

That's for the info on Allen.  I'll be watching more college fb this year than ever before.  

On Darnold, somebody made it up.  

On 5/5/2017 at 0:36 PM, ChuckkieB said:

Not to worry, folks, the Jets will find a way to win 5 or 6 games in 2017 and miss out on whoever the top 3 QB's are.  It's Hackenberg or bust!

Yep. Will be so proud of the jets for going 4-12 and get 4th pick  rather than 2-14? And get #1

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

It's not. 

In addition to finishing with a top pick, we should all be rooting VERY hard for Kizer/Trubisky to make 3 good/semi-good starts at year end so the Browns and Bears think they have their guys.  We should also hope that Kyle Shanahan continues his love affair with Cousins and grabs him in FA to eliminate the 49ers from taking an early QB

4 hours ago, Pcola said:

That's for the info on Allen.  I'll be watching more college fb this year than ever before.  

On Darnold, somebody made it up.  

Im very excited as well for college football.  In addition to the UCLA and USC games, (I doubt Wyoming in on much) but Washington with Browning, OK st with Mason Rudolph, Lousiville with Lamar Jackson and Wash St with Luke Falk, there should be some excellent QB play in college football and those guys will all be evaluated for their Pro potential.  

Sam or bust. Looked up the highlights on this kid since I really didn't see him play this past year and was extremely impressed. He is fantastic in the red zone. He has great pocket presence, escapability, can throw into small windows, has a strong arm, great touch, is elusive and quick enough to avoid the pass rush, excellent accuracy, has the size and looks like he can take a hit. Was trying to think who he reminds me of and couldn't narrow it done. Then Suddenly Sam, it hit me, this guy has similar traits to so many great QB's like Fouts, YA Title, Montana, Plunkett, Stabler and I'm sure some others if I gave it more thought but those come to immediate mind. We are due for a great QB to return to NY. Cross your fingers!

14 minutes ago, BCJet said:

In addition to finishing with a top pick, we should all be rooting VERY hard for Kizer/Trubisky to make 3 good/semi-good starts at year end so the Browns and Bears think they have their guys.  We should also hope that Kyle Shanahan continues his love affair with Cousins and grabs him in FA to eliminate the 49ers from taking an early QB

Doesn't matter. Browns are not going to mortgage their picks without really seeing what Kizer can do. One season is not really enough. Of course if they have the 1st pick they can always trade it or use it and trade Kizer. They and the Niners are our biggest competitors for Sam. I can't see the Bears #1 being worse than us #2 Giving up on Trubisky after a year. No way that happens. Forget Da Bears ?. The Niners and Jets are really really equally bad as was evidenced when they played each other last year. The wild card with the Niners is who will play QB for them this year and can that QB pull a few wins out the hat ? And will they go all over n on Cousins in free agency which seems like an afterthought.  

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

It's not. 

I think you are jumping the gun JUST a tad at anointing Kizer as a franchise QB.  I would also think that if Cleveland finishes with the #1 pick, they will have no problem in taking Sam Darnold.

Archived