the rebuild

kmnj

so after I ponied up thousands of dollars on my seasons tickets(own multiple psls) the jets are in full rebuild mode-as a fan of over 40 years(been going since I was 4 at shea) I would feel MUCH better if the rebuild takes place with a new coach and a new gm-hope the current regime is shown the door at seasons end.

Woody use all of the money you are saving but cutting everybody and his cousin and pay a PROVEN winner at GM a boatload of money(if you pay them they will come)

Lastly I suggest reducing food and beer prices 75% if you want anybody in the stands

1 minute ago, kmnj said:

so after I ponied up thousands of dollars on my seasons tickets(own multiple psls) the jets are in full rebuild mode-as a fan of over 40 years(been going since I was 4 at shea) I would feel MUCH better if the rebuild takes place with a new coach and a new gm-hope the current regime is shown the door at seasons end.

Woody use all of the money you are saving but cutting everybody and his cousin and pay a PROVEN winner at GM a boatload of money(if you pay them they will come)

Lastly I suggest reducing food and beer prices 75% if you want anybody in the stands

Is this me posting? Sounds like it...

A "rebuild" with the same HC and GM.

Whatever. Only in Jetland

4 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

We did win 62-21 against the creamsicle TB Bucs once, but that was so long ago I hardly remember it

I'm trying to think what was the biggest blowout win I ever saw by the Jets?  Was it the Colt 2002 playoff game?  Week 1 1998 vs Seahawks?

12 minutes ago, thadude said:

I'm trying to think what was the biggest blowout win I ever saw by the Jets?  Was it the Colt 2002 playoff game?  Week 1 1998 vs Seahawks?

Jets were beating the Cards 34-0 at the half and won 56-35 back in '08.

34 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Is this me posting? Sounds like it...

A "rebuild" with the same HC and GM.

Whatever. Only in Jetland

i'm thinking the same thing. if woody is doing a rebuild, get some proven guys in at the top.  i'm willing to say bowles and mac may turn out to be a fine coach/gm combo but i'd rather see them go out and get a gruden or maybe mangini and top down rebuild at the same time.

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i'm thinking the same thing. if woody is doing a rebuild, get some proven guys in at the top.  i'm willing to say bowles and mac may turn out to be a fine coach/gm combo but i'd rather see them go out and get a gruden or maybe mangini and top down rebuild at the same time.

I just don get why anyone thinks Bowles can be a good HC, I mean based upon what? Furthermore, name me one thing he does well as a HC. 

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

Explain the Gruden thing to me because all I hear from him on Monday night is how Player X is the best at his position, how we haven't seen a player like that in a long time, etc. And he repeats the same sh*t a week later about Player Y. Is he likable? Sure, to some. Is he some awesome personnel guy? Not so sure about that. The guy was 45-51 after that SB win, which let's be real, was a good team with Dungy there already. 

Did a guy like Joe Torre inherit a talented Yankees team? Yep. Did he win a sh*t ton more after that? Yep. Gruden has no such claim, not even close.

1 minute ago, ASH1962 said:

I just don get why anyone thinks Bowles can be a good HC, I mean based upon what? Furthermore, name me one thing he does well as a HC. 

just about everyone was ecstatic over the 2015 season.  and last season, if bowles is so bad how did that team even win 5 games? and they could've easily won 8.  now i realize that the current events have made everyone more than a little queezy but if anything it shows that some things are beyond bowles control.  no telling who made the decision to chop harris and decker.  did woody?  does woody think he'll somehow find his qb by tanking? i hope not.  my point is bowles performance as a coach is being overshadowed by things beyond his control.  we'll see this season for sure.

All these casualties, yet we have the leagues worse HC still collecting paychecks. Id put the GM in that category as well. Theee years into it, he's assembled garbage. Congrats. When do we rid ourselves of that god awful Mo contract?

6 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Explain the Gruden thing to me because all I hear from him on Monday night is how Player X is the best at his position, how we haven't seen a player like that in a long time, etc. And he repeats the same sh*t a week later about Player Y. Is he likable? Sure, to some. Is he some awesome personnel guy? Not so sure about that. The guy was 45-51 after that SB win, which let's be real, was a good team with Dungy there already. 

Did a guy like Joe Torre inherit a talented Yankees team? Yep. Did he win a sh*t ton more after that? Yep. Gruden has no such claim, not even close.

note the word like gruden.  by all accounts gruden is a good coach and if the jets are going rebuild go from top down.  as for gruden he inherited a good team at tampa but he also built that raider team.  it's hard to tell.  very few coaches get the chance to be successful for multiple teams.  should they get sean payton? bring back mangini? run hard at little joshy?

28 minutes ago, j4jets said:

All these casualties, yet we have the leagues worse HC still collecting paychecks. Id put the GM in that category as well. Theee years into it, he's assembled garbage. Congrats. When do we rid ourselves of that god awful Mo contract?

Supposedly in a couple years we will be able to cut Mo

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

I agree.  You have a reason to be annoyed, and expect something back for your loyalty.  Have a chat with David Harris about that. :)

With that said, Macc must have a guarantee with Woody that he'll still have a job in 2018.  He should talk to Mangini about that. :)

I wonder where this leaves Bowles.  Think Macc is back.  He wouldn't be behaving this way if his job were on the line.

i really think this was the plan all along .. Woody gave him the directive to try and win now in year one .. had a modicum of success and had to try and improve with slow aging roster ... reality kicked in with a failed season ... Mac is finally being allowed to execute a proper rebuild.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Today was all Woody. Can't say I hate it but it gives us a real shot at a top QB. And we're desperate for that. 

But I don't see Bowles here. Especially if they end up with the worst record in the league. Woody will get excited with getting a shiny new face of the franchise and will want a hot new name to go along with them.

52 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

i really think this was the plan all along .. Woody gave him the directive to try and win now in year one .. had a modicum of success and had to try and improve with slow aging roster ... reality kicked in with a failed season ... Mac is finally being allowed to execute a proper rebuild.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The plan was to assemble the leagues worst roster? If that was the plan, Idzik was well on his way. Besides Leo, which other 'above average' player did Mac draft to base his rebuild around?

11 hours ago, kmnj said:

fnc0bnih00qh570s0 (1).gif

12 hours ago, kmnj said:

Imagine having season tickets and living in the Syracuse area. 7 hours of driving per game to see a pop warner football team. Then paying the concession prices... OOOOFFF.

At least the tailgating is a good time!

But hey, this franchise needs a serious shake up and I can't remember the last time we purged this bad. Hopefully they know what the **** they are doing lets hope in 2-3 yrs we're the NFL version of the Cubs.

12 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Jets were beating the Cards 34-0 at the half and won 56-35 back in '08.

Lol I remember that game, I also remember not feeling comfortable with a 34-0 lead! That game really showed how ideal a franchise QB is... But not a franchise QB with an AARP card.

11 hours ago, rangerous said:

note the word like gruden.  by all accounts gruden is a good coach and if the jets are going rebuild go from top down.  as for gruden he inherited a good team at tampa but he also built that raider team.  it's hard to tell.  very few coaches get the chance to be successful for multiple teams.  should they get sean payton? bring back mangini? run hard at little joshy?

You want no part of J Gruden.  J Gruden isn't a coach for the Jets . Gruden prefers veterans to young players every time. ( if your trying to build through draft that philosophy doesn't mesh with his. 

J Gruden has never developed a young Qb in his life. ( funny considering BSPN gives him Qb class / show during the draft.  His offense are boring , as he plays with two Te's about 85% of the time.    

The Nfl is a passing league today, and it isn't condusive to his style of offense.

Last point J Gruden isn't leaving the television booth as he has it made, and can keep his reputation in high standards.( coming back and losing will hurt his brand). 

Archived